Exhaust Electric Cutouts - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-03-2013, 11:23 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Exhaust Electric Cutouts

Guys, I'm new to the 5.0 scene...

I want to get a beefed up exhaust. My problem is that I work in a white collar job. I can't be having a super loud car.

I'm think electric cutouts are my best option for being white collar, but also being a menace when I want to be...

Tell me about your electric cutouts and your setup and possibly a video.
slonison is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2013, 11:25 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by slonison View Post

I want to get a beefed up exhaust. My problem is that I work in a white collar job. I can't be having a super loud car.

I'm think electric cutouts are my best option for being white collar, but also being a menace when I want to be...

Get the Boss side exhaust, QTP cutouts and keep the stock mufflers. Quiet till you flip a switch.
wheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:32 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman View Post
Get the Boss side exhaust, QTP cutouts and keep the stock mufflers. Quiet till you flip a switch.
Sorry, definitely not willing to spend $1000+ just on exhaust ... I'm looking at just throwing on the Pypes cutouts (or an equivalent) which will still run me well under 1000 parts+install...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2013, 04:09 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:

DMH performance. Check them out best cutout

2013 mustang GT DMH Performance E-Cutout - YouTube

Here is my video. I think they cost 360 for the dual exhaust. Had them welded in for about 60$ and wired it up myself in about an hour
DJwils08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 04:23 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f358/t330610/

I don't see how being "white collar" would ever effect your exhaust choice there is absolutely no connection between the two...
BlackBetty5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 05:39 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Yea I agree with betty
LovinmyGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:03 AM   #7

Region: Virginia
I'm thinking the same thing. Drive what you want and keep your foot out of it at work. You know, the whole Beach Boys deuce coupe purrs like a kitten until the lake pipes roar thing. I've had cars like that, putt around the neighborhood and loud when I put my foot in deep.
JCH841 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:13 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:

Sorry, definitely not willing to spend $1000+ just on exhaust
Blasphemy.
wheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:17 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty5.0 View Post

I don't see how being "white collar" would ever effect your exhaust choice there is absolutely no connection between the two...
Yeah....I have a white collar job and all my white collar coworkers love how insanely loud my car is. They are always talking about and joking about it with me. Even the ones I don't know very well when they find out I drive her.
Old 05-04-2013, 11:29 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

1 post answering my question 5 posts wasting my time. This place is worse than ModdedMustangs...

Thanks DJWils
Old 05-04-2013, 11:55 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
1 post answering my question 5 posts wasting my time. This place is worse than ModdedMustangs...

Thanks DJWils
It is what is going to happen when you give silly reasons for why you want to do something. Had you just said you wanted cutouts people would have just given you answers. Let's also not count the fact there are countless other threads about cutouts from the past few weeks even.
Old 05-04-2013, 12:02 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Quote:

Thanks DJWils
I will see what I can do to find some information. I don't want you to think we all don't help on here no matter what the question is. Everyone has there reason for what they do to there cars. I don't think your reason is silly at all. I understand that you want to stay professional. ME can be a great place or information but there are some people on here that don't understand people's wants and needs.
redbeast0712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:08 PM   #13

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post
It is what is going to happen when you give silly reasons for why you want to do something. Had you just said you wanted cutouts people would have just given you answers. Let's also not count the fact there are countless other threads about cutouts from the past few weeks even.
Really! If your job status depends on what your co-workers/boss thinks of your car you need a new job. Or you're a troll. Either way, I don't think the answers were that out of line. If you want cut-outs on a budget, J. C. Whitney probablyhas some pre-rusted cable operated ones for under $50. If you're serious, I still believe you can get a quality system with no moving parts and you can control the volume with your right foot.
JCH841 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:13 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCH841 View Post

Really! If your job status depends on what your co-workers/boss thinks of your car you need a new job. Or you're a troll. Either way, I don't think the answers were that out of line. If you want cut-outs on a budget, J. C. Whitney probablyhas some pre-rusted cable operated ones for under $50. If you're serious, I still believe you can get a quality system with no moving parts and you can control the volume with your right foot.
I didn't mean to come off like a jerk, but reading that you have to do something because of a white collar job just makes me lol. I work for an extremely uptight white collar company and you know what they understand? What you do outside of work that doesn't use their company name or put their company name at risk, isn't there business.
Old 05-04-2013, 12:32 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Here is a one that I found that is not that much.

http://www.championmustang.com/moder...451a8d2c5282ec

---------- Post added at 09:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 AM ----------

Guys please just answer this guys question and move on. Who cares where he works or what he wants. That is his choice not ours! ME is a great place for answers lets keep it that way. Please keep the unnecessary opinions out of it. This is about mustangs! Right!
Old 05-04-2013, 12:34 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

I didn't know this was North Korea where we are not allowed to speak our opinions....
Old 05-04-2013, 12:59 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
I didn't know this was North Korea where we are not allowed to speak our opinions....
Silence!!!!
BlackBetty5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 02:06 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Im not even going to start cuz i dont want this guy to have a bad experience here.
Old 05-04-2013, 02:17 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
This guy seems like he has
a stick up his a$$

---------- Post added at 03:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

Or a silver spoon
LovinmyGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 02:29 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

First off, I'm gonna start by saying that in no way am I new to mustangs. I had a 98, a 2002 and now have a 2013. I understand how forums work as well. I've done plenty of research and work on my own (you'd see that if you check the link in my signature.)

I made a specific request and gave my reasoning for it. I wanted to know more about exhaust cutouts. On a 2013 there is very little info out there compared to what's out there for 2009 and earlier vehicles. I didn't ask about axle backs and I certainly didn't ask about whether or not my exhaust note should have any forbearance on my job and what kind it is.

You guys need to stop acting like you know everything and certainly not make the assumptions that I dont know whether or not my work environment should affect what I do with my car.

Do yourself a favor and next time sometime someone asks for help, just provide some help.

Unfortunately all you guys (the ones who found it more important to school me on the social stigma of NY exhaust and my job) did was make me stereotype all of the users on this site as immature and unhelpful...
Old 05-04-2013, 02:40 PM   #21
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
opcorn: I have no dog in the fight but when anybody asks any question, how they ask it will determine the response given. These guys that responded to you are some of the most knowledgeable mustang guys you will ever meet.

You have to know saying "I'm white collar" is going to come across to some people as saying, "I'm better" depending upon the context of the conversation.

It's no big deal to me. There are some great guys here. Don't be offended just because some of them want u to make a decision about your personal car based upon how you want it, not your boss or coworkers.

Just relax brother. Don't let things like that get to you.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 02:47 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubnbit View Post
opcorn: I have no dog in the fight but when anybody asks any question, how they ask it will determine the response given. These guys that responded to you are some of the most knowledgeable mustang guys you will ever meet.

You have to know saying "I'm white collar" is going to come across to some people as saying, "I'm better" depending upon the context of the conversation.

It's no big deal to me. There are some great guys here. Don't be offended just because some of them want u to make a decision about your personal car based upon how you want it, not your boss or coworkers.

Just relax brother. Don't let things like that get to you.
+1 well said brotha. That was my point all along. I think the mustang should be yours and be styled the way you want it. Not someone else. If you want a screaming exhaust go for it. If you want to be able to flip a switch and make it quiet. So be it. Just don't blame someone else for why you are doing XY and Z.

Guess I am just immature for thinking that.
Old 05-04-2013, 02:53 PM   #23
Registered Member

Regular

Yeah, I wish I had the cash to do some catless X myself. I'd do that in a heartbeat. I don't want it to be deafening in the cabin, but I want it unleashed!

Don't be upset OP. we got your back here. Just be you and real with us.

I'm white collar too btw. A lot here are. I respect anybodies line of work. Don't care if its McDonald's or the White House, we like to see people do well.

I've thought about electronic prochamber or something like that, just not researched it myself.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Old 05-04-2013, 07:34 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

I went back, did a whole more research and decided to start with a Roush Axle Back. Going to find out how much it's going to be to have them installed.
Old 05-04-2013, 07:38 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Why not install them yourself?
Old 05-04-2013, 07:44 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Why not install them yourself?
I had done so much to my new edge that I got exhausted doing them. I kind of just want to hand it over to someone and just say get it done, and then take the car back in condition with little to no problems...
Old 05-04-2013, 08:43 PM   #27
Registered Member

Regular

I got SLP axle backs and love them. I've not heard the Roush. When you get them on, post us a link to hear them. Congrats man.
Old 05-04-2013, 11:19 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by slonison
I went back, did a whole more research and decided to start with a Roush Axle Back. Going to find out how much it's going to be to have them installed.
I think you'll like the roush, they are pretty quiet unless you have your foot in it.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:07 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubnbit View Post
I got SLP axle backs and love them. I've not heard the Roush. When you get them on, post us a link to hear them. Congrats man.
I'm too scared of the SLP's. Every video I hear them in, they sound like monsters... maybe down the road.
Old 05-05-2013, 12:18 AM   #30
Registered Member

Regular

They have a but of a muscle car rumble but you have to get in it pretty good to make them scream.
Old 05-05-2013, 12:23 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Unless you're catless. then you're unleashing hell all the time.

Follow me on instagram @nicknold for car and truck pictures
1lowGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:25 AM   #32
Registered Member

Regular

I'd like to find a good catless X. Even used that would fit my car.
Old 05-05-2013, 12:48 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty5.0 View Post

Beat me to it
Old 05-05-2013, 12:55 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Actually I'm in the same situation, there are 3 advisors to the company that I'm a partner in and I thought for a moment that they might look down on the adolescence of my loud 5.0 but honestly they have brought me on board for my capabilities, my passion, and my bottom line. And the mustang comes with it. PERIOD.

2 of them daily drive Ferraris and they have nothing but nice things to say about the Stang. We all got a horse on the grille
Old 05-06-2013, 06:39 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:

Thanks DJWils
Simple, white collar job means you should have bought an M3 or a C63 AMG. Haha Jk For exhaust I would just go with boss side exhaust and QTP cutouts. If 1k looks like a lot then it is. Exhaust is probably the most expensive Bolton and you gotta get quality parts to keep it quite when you want it to be.
Joyride is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
exhaust