Supercharger Purchasing Question - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-06-2013, 06:22 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarupert View Post
I would like to say I'm going to install it but in reality I will just hand my son whatever wrench he asks for. I check them out also.
If you decide to have a speed shop install your kit, I would stress that they are primarily a mustang shop. Make sure they have done tons of mustang installs, and that they know your car better then you do. I'd steer clear of those import tuner shops!
2016 Gt/Cs autowith 3:55', mbrp cat back and a n/a build on the way!...
blackbeast12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2013, 07:50 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post
A track pack or drag pack is slicks and skinnys.

Also, both of those comments you made are entirely your opinion. I don't come on here and post because I like the way it feels to tap my fingers. Everything I have mentioned I have personal experience, and I trust that you will use my posts however you see fit.. But until you have seen these set ups in person and have hands on experience I would appreciate it if you didn't discredit my statements made with fact through real life experience. I've installed two roush blowers on a 5.0 as well as a whipple compressor kit. The power between the whipple and the tvs is an astounding difference. The roush tune leaves alot on the table I know, but if you try telling me the tvs compared to the whipple equally I got cuts and scrapes from the lower manifolds with seat time that will say you're lying all day long. I've said my piece and I will not argue anymore. Believe whatever helps you sleep at night.
You lack experience in the coyote department, installing them? That's easy, running them and tuning them is a whole different story. I've ran both the whipple and roush, the roush hands down is the better blower for anyone looking to stay under 15lbs of boost. Also, no one will ever see 15lbs of boost on stock coyote block. I ran a whipple just as a personal preference. You do realize everything on the whipple and roush kit are the same except for the head unit? Roush is actually the company that makes the kits for Whipple to put their blower on, heck Cobra Jet employees are paid by Roush. I know all this stuff because I've supported roush and cobrajet and helped with testing for Ford development department when they were deciding on what blower to go with for the coyote. A kenne bell will always run hotter than Roush's TVS (not roots) or whipple's compressors, I guess that's what happens when you run a billet head unit. This is why I sell Whipple and Roush blowers, kenne bell's attitude drove me away.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:05 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman33 View Post

You lack experience in the coyote department, installing them? That's easy, running them and tuning them is a whole different story. I've ran both the whipple and roush, the roush hands down is the better blower for anyone looking to stay under 15lbs of boost. Also, no one will ever see 15lbs of boost on stock coyote block. I ran a whipple just as a personal preference. You do realize everything on the whipple and roush kit are the same except for the head unit? Roush is actually the company that makes the kits for Whipple to put their blower on, heck Cobra Jet employees are paid by Roush. I know all this stuff because I've supported roush and cobrajet and helped with testing for Ford development department when they were deciding on what blower to go with for the coyote. A kenne bell will always run hotter than Roush's TVS (not roots) or whipple's compressors, I guess that's what happens when you run a billet head unit. This is why I sell Whipple and Roush blowers, kenne bell's attitude drove me away.
Haha.. You discredited everything you just when you claimed the tvs2300 eaton "roush" blower is not a roots blower. I'm sure you played a huge part with roush and cobra jet engineering. I'm sure that's probably the reason why a cobra jet comes from the factory with a tvs on it right? No.. It has a whipple. And look up the data logs on the mammoth Kenny belle. I'm not going you're homework.
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2013, 08:11 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
All of this is hard to read . Stop being so angry when you all write these paragraphs jeez
Moto111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:12 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Everyone knows that box industries blower is better than all your crap.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2630819701.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	333.3 KB
ID:	106473  
TooSlow4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:13 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:

Haha.. You discredited everything you just when you claimed the tvs2300 eaton "roush" blower is not a roots blower. I'm sure you played a huge part with roush and cobra jet engineering. I'm sure that's probably the reason why a cobra jet comes from the factory with a tvs on it right? No.. It has a whipple. And look up the data logs on the mammoth Kenny belle. I'm not going you're homework.
Uhm...pretty sure the cobra jet has a TVS 2.3L supercharger....that isn't the Whipple.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:18 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSlow4U
Everyone knows that box industries blower is better than all your crap.
Lol, that's the set up I have.

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy

Uhm...pretty sure the cobra jet has a TVS 2.3L supercharger....that isn't the Whipple.
It has a 2.9 whipple. They are going to twin turbos.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:20 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

Nope. Here is a 2013 engine bay
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-2694757759.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	336.2 KB
ID:	106474  
Old 05-06-2013, 08:33 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/ford/20...-ar100979.html

could have sworn it came with a TVS 2.3L unit that could be upgraded to a 4.0L whipple unit.

Lot of articles seem to say that..
Old 05-06-2013, 08:34 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Sigh, you're stubborn. Apparently you misread my post like a typical little punk. Listen, I understand that Ford decided on the Whipple... I never said they didn't. You're right about the roots comment though, I just put that in the wrong place. Should've put it next to the compressor... my bad. Also the 13 Shelby uses the TVS head unit.

Anyways, you seem to take things personal when individuals disagree with you. Experience brings out opinions as well, I have plenty of experience with Whipple and Roush kits. I have limited experience with Kenne bell, each person I've encountered (with a coyote) says they run very hot and aren't very efficient on a stock block. I'm not saying KB is terrible, I just don't like their customer service nor their attitudes. And yes, Cobra jet uses the whipple compressors.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:38 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Jajajaja
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-1465138510.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	155.1 KB
ID:	106483  
Old 05-06-2013, 08:41 PM   #47
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

I don't really understand much of what you post... It's hard to read. But anyways you seem to dislike people knowing as much or more than you about cars, so I'll let you be. Have fun

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:45 PM   #48
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
I think someone needs Dr. Abbott's therapy thread.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:47 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
I know this has nothing to do with thread but how do I put a picture in my posts?
tarupert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:59 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarupert
I know this has nothing to do with thread but how do I put a picture in my posts?
Open the browser
Old 05-06-2013, 09:05 PM   #51
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
If you have an iPhone, to post a pic, choose to reply to a thread and then in the top right corner, there is a + sign. Hit that. It will allow you to post pics.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:07 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarupert View Post
12 more to go!
Old 05-06-2013, 09:46 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

12 more to go!
Hilarious!!! Lmao jajajajahahahe!!!
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:04 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman33 View Post

Sigh, you're stubborn. Apparently you misread my post like a typical little punk. Listen, I understand that Ford decided on the Whipple... I never said they didn't. You're right about the roots comment though, I just put that in the wrong place. Should've put it next to the compressor... my bad. Also the 13 Shelby uses the TVS head unit.

Anyways, you seem to take things personal when individuals disagree with you. Experience brings out opinions as well, I have plenty of experience with Whipple and Roush kits. I have limited experience with Kenne bell, each person I've encountered (with a coyote) says they run very hot and aren't very efficient on a stock block. I'm not saying KB is terrible, I just don't like their customer service nor their attitudes. And yes, Cobra jet uses the whipple compressors.
Now this thread has diverted to name calling because a couple of you didn't prove a point. I have nothing against roush, Kenny belle, whipple or any supercharger company for that matter and I would gladly slap any of the big 3 on my 5.0 today. I happen to own a Kenny belle and have had it on a 550+rwhp truck for years. The only issue I've ever experienced was a snout leak and Kenny belle over nighted me a new seal for free. I also own a procharged 4.6 and I absolutely love the procharger system. It's not like I'm trying to throw these post out there to get my count up. Cars are my passion (fast fords specifically), and I have two 4 year degrees from UTSA just so that I could make a living out of it. The only experience I have with a whipple 5.0 is the one that I installed it on, and that car was incredibly fast for just a simple blower install. The roush phase 1 blower out of the box has a throttle lag to it that I don't particularly care for and their tune is a bit safer than it has to be if you are looking to compare to a whipple. I still don't understand why you mistake me giving you valid information as getting my feelings hurt. If my feelings were hurt I wouldn't bother with this forum. I'll be honest, the only reason I joined was to watch the classified section anyways. Sorry if adding in my personal experience set you guys off.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:21 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

My car is faster then both you "stubborn" gents cars. I have a secret weapon inside the engine,...Gatorade mixed with sand. You both would be seeing taillights for miles.

I'm sorry but it's a challenge for me to be serious in any aspect of my life, online The voices in my head say that im the most clever man alive.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:44 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSlow4U View Post
My car is faster then both you "stubborn" gents cars. I have a secret weapon inside the engine,...Gatorade mixed with sand. You both would be seeing taillights for miles.

I'm sorry but it's a challenge for me to be serious in any aspect of my life, online The voices in my head say that im the most clever man alive.
Bwahahaha
Old 05-07-2013, 10:47 AM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Did you flush all the oil with a hose while it was running too? I heard that works wonders.

http://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-...-this-car.html
Old 05-07-2013, 11:02 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85 View Post

Did you flush all the oil with a hose while it was running too? I heard that works wonders.

http://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-...-this-car.html
Dang!!! No I didn't, now I feel stupid. Well, glad I have you on here to help my stupidity. Thanks for getting my back. Now I have to do this today.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:30 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

I really feel stupid as well.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:56 AM   #60

Region: Canada
I'm hearing alot about the Paxton and Vortec SC in these threads , anyone with a Ford Racing SC in this thread? I'm leaning towards those or am I right out it lol
Danfullarton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:15 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by helloWorld View Post
This is a serious question. I am wondering if people use a financing option to purchase their superchargers, or do you guys just save up and buy the kits all in one go?
I bought mine on eBay, I paid for it all on one snap. However they do offer a financing option threw PayPal.

---------- Post added at 07:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 AM ----------

Quote:

Gatorade with sand...nice combination, ill give this a shot!
Enorym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 04:41 PM   #62

Region: Oklahoma
I wouldnt recomend getting a loan for a mod like that cause then if it blows up then you are left with money to pay for a costly repair and for the kit you just got a loan for
BlwnCoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 04:43 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

If you do it just make sure you have plenty to pay for loan and any future problems . And just buy a basic kit put safe tune on it and I think you would be set just don't go crazy boost until its paid off lol
Old 05-08-2013, 06:13 PM   #64

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto111 View Post
If you do it just make sure you have plenty to pay for loan and any future problems . And just buy a basic kit put safe tune on it and I think you would be set just don't go crazy boost until its paid off lol
I bought a basic kit and it melted a piston from a bad tune. I'd just save up and pay for it up front!
BlwnCoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 06:51 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Well I've read tons of threads on vortech not one issue on there tune except it leaves you wanting more which is fine because it means there tune isn't killing cars just saying if he wants to just be able to afford it have a safe tune and a in case stuff happens fund
Old 05-08-2013, 10:21 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlwnCoyote View Post
I wouldnt recomend getting a loan for a mod like that cause then if it blows up then you are left with money to pay for a costly repair and for the kit you just got a loan for
This

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlwnCoyote View Post
I bought a basic kit and it melted a piston from a bad tune. I'd just save up and pay for it up front!
and this

Quote:
also this.

Quote:
Well I've read tons of threads on vortech not one issue on there tune except it leaves you wanting more which is fine because it means there tune isn't killing cars just saying if he wants to just be able to afford it have a safe tune and a in case stuff happens fund
Yes, Vortech and Paxton are both great. I'm pretty sure the Paxton head unit has more room for growth than the Vortech, but it all depends on your goals. Either way - Beefcake can get you a rockstar deal on both kits.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:28 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
The absolute limit for a stock cayote bottom end is 650 hp, if you want more go forged!
2016 Gt/Cs autowith 3:55', mbrp cat back and a n/a build on the way!...
blackbeast12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:51 AM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbeast12 View Post
The absolute limit for a stock cayote bottom end is 650 hp, if you want more go forged!
Def I'm getting mine set for 600 with vortech and boost to pump and I don't think I want or need more lol in sure I could squzze closer to 650 but I think 600 is a safe number and more then enough
Old 05-09-2013, 08:24 AM   #69
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbeast12 View Post
There's no such thing as an absolute limit. There's plenty of guys pushing 700+ and one member on here pushing something crazy like 760 on stock block with a roush charger. And as well all know, 400 is more than enough to blow the motor on an inadequate tune.

Which brings me to my next point, tune is key.

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:31 AM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
People are pushing over 650 on the stock block

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT