Supercharger Purchasing Question - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-04-2013, 09:47 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nebraska
Supercharger Purchasing Question

This is a serious question. I am wondering if people use a financing option to purchase their superchargers, or do you guys just save up and buy the kits all in one go?
helloWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2013, 09:50 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by helloWorld View Post
This is a serious question. I am wondering if people use a financing option to purchase their superchargers, or do you guys just save up and buy the kits all in one go?
I think everyone is putting full amount down. I don't really know of any place that does financing. I guess you could try and take a loan out for one if you really wanted. Not sure if you'd get approved though for a loan for a supercharger.

other options, sign up for a credit card with 0% interest for 1 year. pay it off in a year. BillMeLater gives you 6 months for whatever you are approved for.
Old 05-04-2013, 09:53 PM   #3
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
You will probably get a lot of opinions. One thing to remember is do what works for you. If you don't see yourself being able to afford it all at once but can afford the small monthly payment then do it. Just know going in, you will pay almost double back what you s/c is worth. If you are good with that, do what works for you brother.

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

Exactly what My brother said. If you have other lines of credit, you could explore them. Equity in a house, personal loans, etc. both require collateral.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2013, 10:11 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Stage3motorsports offers financing and many other performance places do also. Only bad thing is that you use their bank and get their rates, and they are in the business to make money. Just save up half or more and charge the rest on the credit card.
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:02 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post
Stage3motorsports offers financing and many other performance places do also. Only bad thing is that you use their bank and get their rates, and they are in the business to make money. Just save up half or more and charge the rest on the credit card.
Just looked didn't realize stage3 offered loans. They don't seem to advertise it very well. Then again since I won't buy from them I must have missed it. They are very tight with the details.
Old 05-04-2013, 11:03 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Breenspeed has 3/6/12 mon interest free financing, if you go longer, the rate is 25% I think. I personally wouldn't finance anything other than a car or property, if I can't pay cash, I can't afford it. Something to rember is unless you have collector car insurance, and car is totaled, ther not gonna give you that 5-7k back.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:27 AM   #7
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
I like most of the suggestions on here, like mentioned though I would save up a minimum of half of the total price when buying

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:20 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
With Allstate my agent said to keep all receipts of all I've done to the car and they will reimburse what I paid. I reiterated the engine mods and he has assured me in person and through emails that I would be reimbursed for everything. He has been a friend of the family and was my father in laws insurance partner for 20 years so maybe that's why, who knows.
TooSlow4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:41 AM   #9
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSlow4U View Post
With Allstate my agent said to keep all receipts of all I've done to the car and they will reimburse what I paid. I reiterated the engine mods and he has assured me in person and through emails that I would be reimbursed for everything. He has been a friend of the family and was my father in laws insurance partner for 20 years so maybe that's why, who knows.
What do you mean reimbursed? From who?

---------- Post added at 10:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post

What do you mean reimbursed? From who?
Never mind. I see what that was in reference to.
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:18 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSlow4U
After they depreciate it maybe, most companys don't do that. Hagerty does not depreciate the car or the add ons. If you tell them your car is worth xxxxxx amount, xxxxxxamount is what they pay. It's also much cheaper ins, I pay $414 a year, full coverage + roadside assistance, no deductable.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:37 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

After they depreciate it maybe, most companys don't do that. Hagerty does not depreciate the car or the add ons. If you tell them your car is worth xxxxxx amount, xxxxxxamount is what they pay. It's also much cheaper ins, I pay $414 a year, full coverage + roadside assistance, no deductable.
What's your coverage amounts? I have 100/300/100 on all my vehicles with $250 deductible.
Old 05-05-2013, 02:29 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
I would also recommend saving until you have atleast half. I learned the hard way when I was younger. I took out a personal loan from my bank for $6k to do a motor build on my 99 LS1 camaro. Ended up having to sell the car in a pinch 3 months after I finished the motor, made enough to pay of the car, but not nearly enough to pay the personal loan. Nothing is worse then paying for parts you dont own anymore
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 02:32 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post
I would also recommend saving until you have atleast half. I learned the hard way when I was younger. I took out a personal loan from my bank for $6k to do a motor build on my 99 LS1 camaro. Ended up having to sell the car in a pinch 3 months after I finished the motor, made enough to pay of the car, but not nearly enough to pay the personal loan. Nothing is worse then paying for parts you dont own anymore
I agree. Very good point.
Old 05-05-2013, 02:34 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

I think another point is doing something like this on the car without having a back flow of cash doesn't make sense. If you do blow the motor and need to pay for a rebuild while paying for the FI in the first place, screwed city!
Old 05-05-2013, 03:09 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post
I think another point is doing something like this on the car without having a back flow of cash doesn't make sense. If you do blow the motor and need to pay for a rebuild while paying for the FI in the first place, screwed city!
Very true.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:07 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Any suggestions on what supercharger to buy for drag strip.
tarupert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 03:43 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarupert View Post
Any suggestions on what supercharger to buy for drag strip.
Any one will be awesome, but if you are drag only id suggest a big whipple or Kenny belle. Those blowers put the torque in the lower rpms that centrifugals can't, and pull hard the whole way to redline the way roots blowers can't without over heating.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:33 AM   #18
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:

Any one will be awesome, but if you are drag only id suggest a big whipple or Kenny belle. Those blowers put the torque in the lower rpms that centrifugals can't, and pull hard the whole way to redline the way roots blowers can't without over heating.
One of the fastest coyotes is running centrifugal style blower

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 05-06-2013, 08:59 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post

One of the fastest coyotes is running centrifugal style blower
But I bet it's not running a stock motor, Trans, and is probably running a drag pack.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:08 AM   #20
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:

But I bet it's not running a stock motor, Trans, and is probably running a drag pack.
Stock motor no, stock trans yes, drag pack no, full weight street car too, check out terry reeves of beefcake racing. He drives his car to and from the track, it's his DD. he runs high to mid 8's. apparently you haven't seen or heard much about Paxton superchargers + coyote = winning

So now how much would you like to bet?

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 05-06-2013, 10:26 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Old 05-06-2013, 10:56 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Kenne bell is crap, they overheat and if you ever have issues their customer service sucks. I will never offer their product, I'll will never stand by a company that doesn't stand by their product believe in customer service. A Paxton is a great blower, not really my favorite as I think they're cheap. You'll have a hard time finding a car lasting 100k with a Paxton and the head unit won't last that long either but it does produce some great numbers and they have great customer service. I'm a TVS/ Whipple fan, always have been. The run cooler IAT's than any other company (TVS runs the coolest) and I've personally seen these in 100k mile cars. Just my 2 cents though. There will always be the debate on what is better but it really comes down to preference.
Old 05-06-2013, 12:26 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
I paid for all my parts up front a few weeks ago, then dropped the car off today for the install and dyno tune. when its done i will pay the labor costs in full! don't know any shop that needs to finance it because the only folks that are doing this have the cash up front.
2016 Gt/Cs autowith 3:55', mbrp cat back and a n/a build on the way!...
blackbeast12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:53 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Stock motor no, stock trans yes, drag pack no, full weight street car too, check out terry reeves of beefcake racing. He drives his car to and from the track, it's his DD. he runs high to mid 8's. apparently you haven't seen or heard much about Paxton superchargers + coyote = winning

So now how much would you like to bet?
So you mean to tell me he has a fully built motor and he's not running slicks and skinnies on the track? I am all for vortech blowers, so I don't know why you said that. As a matter of fact, I just instructed another member to purchase a vortech FROM beefcake racing a couple threads ago. I know exactly how fast these cars can go with stock motors and blowers, and I've seen factory sealed 5.0 autos go deep into the single digits when they put the cars on a diet.. Personally.

---------- Post added at 02:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85 View Post
Troll? I have forgotten more about these cars then you will learn my friend.
Old 05-06-2013, 03:03 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman33 View Post

Kenne bell is crap, they overheat and if you ever have issues their customer service sucks. I will never offer their product, I'll will never stand by a company that doesn't stand by their product believe in customer service. A Paxton is a great blower, not really my favorite as I think they're cheap. You'll have a hard time finding a car lasting 100k with a Paxton and the head unit won't last that long either but it does produce some great numbers and they have great customer service. I'm a TVS/ Whipple fan, always have been. The run cooler IAT's than any other company (TVS runs the coolest) and I've personally seen these in 100k mile cars. Just my 2 cents though. There will always be the debate on what is better but it really comes down to preference.
I have a Kenny belle on my lightning and have run it upwards of 18+psi enough times to forget. I've had not one issue ever, and I purchased my Kenny belle straight from them. I don't know what issue you have had with your Kenny belle or have you ever had one? My overall preference is procharger because I've had a procharger on my 4.6 and it's running 8psi at nearly 180k with the stock motor intact! The blower was installed at 60k btw and the head unit has been rebuilt once.. Two transmissions lol.

Everyone and their great grandma who races will tell you roots style blowers run the hottest. You will, without failure, have to pull timing to combat heat fade. The tvs2300, m90, m118, or any roots style blower has this problem, and water to air cooling is NOWHERE near as effecient as air to air. Any intercooled centrifugal can reach near ambient intake temperatures and 20+ under boost which is extremely effecient . A roots style blower won't ever do that unless you got Ice sitting on it before the run. Now, twin screw superchargers are much more effecient, but don't compare to centrifugals in cooling capability.

I watched a Kenny belle 2.8 mammoth kit on a otherwise completely stock 2012 boss(except wheels/tires) go over 200mph in the Texas mile. That, everyone, is what I call awesome.
Old 05-06-2013, 03:32 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Still no one is talking about Prochargers, is there something wrong with Prochargers?
Old 05-06-2013, 03:59 PM   #27
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:

So you mean to tell me he has a fully built motor and he's not running slicks and skinnies on the track? I am all for vortech blowers, so I don't know why you said that. As a matter of fact, I just instructed another member to purchase a vortech FROM beefcake racing a couple threads ago. I know exactly how fast these cars can go with stock motors and blowers, and I've seen factory sealed 5.0 autos go deep into the single digits when they put the cars on a diet.. Personally.

---------- Post added at 02:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

Troll? I have forgotten more about these cars then you will learn my friend.
Of course he's running slicks and skinnies, I've never heard that referred to as a "track pack" though, "track pack" sounds like some weird term for a gutted tubular car.

Btw, napoleon85 is a well of knowledge, I doubt you have "forgotten more than he knows" lol.

And jayman33 also knows his stuff pretty well too. Fact of the matter is that KB makes some great blowers, but on the coyote motors, they just aren't the way to go, not only that but the eaton TVS2300 has been proven to be more efficient than most twin screw blowers. I trust you know quite a bit about cars and mustangs in general but it seems when it comes to the 11+ you've still got a little more learning to do.

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 05-06-2013, 04:38 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Pro chargers are cool, but Paxton is a little better! Although 1 fact about pro chargers i like is if you break a belt you can still drive home! Paxton uses your factory belt tenioners so theres no added stress on your crank, pro chargers uses their own tensioner which creates extra stress on your crank. Paxton has he biggest most efficient air to air intercooler. Paxton cai location is better then pro chargers. But both make good power!
Old 05-06-2013, 05:16 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Do you have a suggestion where to purchase a Paxton?
Old 05-06-2013, 05:27 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Where are you located?
Old 05-06-2013, 05:34 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Here's a JPC special running now:

JPC Paxton Special - Justin's Performance Center
Old 05-06-2013, 05:37 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Live in Las Vegas, NV, and believe it or not its hard to find a speed shop that works on a mustang, almost all of them here are geared for the Honda, Acura, BMW market.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:39 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Are you capable of installing it yourself? If so I would get in touch with Beefcake - for a long time he was running a special where he would throw in ID1000 injectors for free. JPC are stand up people too.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:46 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

I would like to say I'm going to install it but in reality I will just hand my son whatever wrench he asks for. I check them out also.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:21 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Of course he's running slicks and skinnies, I've never heard that referred to as a "track pack" though, "track pack" sounds like some weird term for a gutted tubular car.

Btw, napoleon85 is a well of knowledge, I doubt you have "forgotten more than he knows" lol.

And jayman33 also knows his stuff pretty well too. Fact of the matter is that KB makes some great blowers, but on the coyote motors, they just aren't the way to go, not only that but the eaton TVS2300 has been proven to be more efficient than most twin screw blowers. I trust you know quite a bit about cars and mustangs in general but it seems when it comes to the 11+ you've still got a little more learning to do.
A track pack or drag pack is slicks and skinnys.

Also, both of those comments you made are entirely your opinion. I don't come on here and post because I like the way it feels to tap my fingers. Everything I have mentioned I have personal experience, and I trust that you will use my posts however you see fit.. But until you have seen these set ups in person and have hands on experience I would appreciate it if you didn't discredit my statements made with fact through real life experience. I've installed two roush blowers on a 5.0 as well as a whipple compressor kit. The power between the whipple and the tvs is an astounding difference. The roush tune leaves alot on the table I know, but if you try telling me the tvs compared to the whipple equally I got cuts and scrapes from the lower manifolds with seat time that will say you're lying all day long. I've said my piece and I will not argue anymore. Believe whatever helps you sleep at night.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT