20" vs 18" Affecting gas mileage - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-10-2013, 01:45 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyLiriano View Post
After extensive research, i either go higher than 4.10 with a stall converter, or 3.55. What do yall think?
The guys i spoke to before are experienced drivers, but they all drive 4.6..so i spoke to some auto guys.
I plan to stay n/a for a while, i have 3.15 now and my goal is to run 11....for now lol
Its either i stay 3.15, or go 3.55, or higher than 4.10, but i like to go on road trips on the stang so that last option is my last pick.
I also want something to be able to move these damn 20s, ill post up their hieght tomorrow, see if one of you guys have any inputs.
Either 3:31 or 3:55. You don't need to have 4:10s... You have a 6 speed transmission lol. Your first gear is meant to move those 20s. You can run 11s n/a with those 15x10s you got, stock fronts, all the performance stuff you did and launching at a decent RPM. With those 15x10s there's no need to launch at idle anymore. Cut a sub 2.0 60ft and I'm almost positive you'll be high 11s. Seen it too many times for that not to be so.
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2013, 03:55 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Europe
Track gear questions

I have 3.31 manual on 19 in tires. Should I be finishing the 1/4 at the top of 3rd or in 4th?

I hit the Rev limiter a few times trying to finish in 3rd before a tune.

I'm running the Bama 93 race tune and heard the limiter is raised. Is it safe to race the engine to max? Any knowledge or advice is greatly appreciated.

Sorry. Just realized I posted this in this thread. I meant to start a new one. Damn phone. I'll start a new thread when I get back to my computer.
2013fiveO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:57 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post

Either 3:31 or 3:55. You don't need to have 4:10s... You have a 6 speed transmission lol. Your first gear is meant to move those 20s. You can run 11s n/a with those 15x10s you got, stock fronts, all the performance stuff you did and launching at a decent RPM. With those 15x10s there's no need to launch at idle anymore. Cut a sub 2.0 60ft and I'm almost positive you'll be high 11s. Seen it too many times for that not to be so.
Yeah your right, depending how i run, i will decide, and also making up my mind of either staying n/a or going fi will help me choose from either 3.31 or 3.55.
A converter is a must once i stop daily driving tho, does anyone have one?
OzzyLiriano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2013, 05:04 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
A converter with the stock 3.15's will put you at 11.7-11.6 depending on track conditions. More than 4.10's with a converter? Not sure where you got that from. Here is a good thread with some good info.
WWW.S197FORUM.COM
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:23 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yeah your right, depending how i run, i will decide, and also making up my mind of either staying n/a or going fi will help me choose from either 3.31 or 3.55.
A converter is a must once i stop daily driving tho, does anyone have one?
Two things lol.
1. There are cars running 10s with a bone stock motor, auto Trans with 3:15s and a blower. If you need faster than 10s out of a street car you might try looking into something other than a mustang lol.

2. I have a 3500 stall converter in my lightning and even at that horsepower level you would never know I had it. Say your stock converter is a 2600 stall. If you plant your foot on the brake and start pressing the gas the converter will only allow the Trans to "slip" until you reach 2600rpms at which point you'll either be doing a break stand or the car will be rolling despite you holding the brakes. Having a higher stall only allows the transmission to "slip" at your chosen stall rpm so that you may launch more in your power band. You could have a 5000 stall on a daily driver and you would never notice until you stall it and try to launch. Do keep in mind though that stalling your Trans does cause premature wear and excessive heat. If you get a stall converter just use it on the track, and not every red light lol.
Old 05-10-2013, 05:44 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Two things lol.
1. There are cars running 10s with a bone stock motor, auto Trans with 3:15s and a blower. If you need faster than 10s out of a street car you might try looking into something other than a mustang lol.

2. I have a 3500 stall converter in my lightning and even at that horsepower level you would never know I had it. Say your stock converter is a 2600 stall. If you plant your foot on the brake and start pressing the gas the converter will only allow the Trans to "slip" until you reach 2600rpms at which point you'll either be doing a break stand or the car will be rolling despite you holding the brakes. Having a higher stall only allows the transmission to "slip" at your chosen stall rpm so that you may launch more in your power band. You could have a 5000 stall on a daily driver and you would never notice until you stall it and try to launch. Do keep in mind though that stalling your Trans does cause premature wear and excessive heat. If you get a stall converter just use it on the track, and not every red light lol.
Man you deserve a damn award for your knowledge, good shyt! Well then lets see how this baby does, i got the bmr sway bar relo brackets yesterday but i wont be back for a bit, ill keep u guys posted. Thanks
Old 05-10-2013, 05:54 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Man you deserve a damn award for your knowledge, good shyt! Well then lets see how this baby does, i got the bmr sway bar relo brackets yesterday but i wont be back for a bit, ill keep u guys posted. Thanks
No problem, stall converters are a little more complicated than my explanation, but that is an easy way for everyone to understand it. Looking foreword to seeing your times. I have a 6MT, but I wanna get those sve wheels also if they ever start selling them again. I was able to crack a 2.1 60ft on my stock 18s, and barely broke Into the 12s. My car isn't tuned or anything though.. Yet!
Old 05-10-2013, 09:56 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

No problem, stall converters are a little more complicated than my explanation, but that is an easy way for everyone to understand it. Looking foreword to seeing your times. I have a 6MT, but I wanna get those sve wheels also if they ever start selling them again. I was able to crack a 2.1 60ft on my stock 18s, and barely broke Into the 12s. My car isn't tuned or anything though.. Yet!
Yea my car didnt either, i ran 8.4 and 8.5 on the 1/8..12.9 and 13.20 were my fastest when i was stock. But i have yet to launch at idle, it just never occured to me, supposedly thats the best way to launch the autos, but im sure it depends on what gears one has.
But after doing lca and lca brackets offroad x with a bama tune on 20s, like i posted on another thread, my fastest time was 8.5, thats what i ran with tc on or off, but again i launched at 1200 rpm.
So my next track day im launching at idle and will work my way up the rpm to see how those street m/t hold up
The sve look amazing, i am also waiting to see when i can get the fronts
Old 05-10-2013, 12:21 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

One thing i am a bit wierded out is the fact that i cant burn my dam tires, has anyone experienced this? its a dam v8!
Old 05-10-2013, 12:29 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
One thing i am a bit wierded out is the fact that i cant burn my dam tires, has anyone experienced this? its a dam v8!
Your car should be able to, even with wagon wheels and an auto. My F250 truck has 38x12s with an auto and will roast them bad boys.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT