Car mods, Have I missed anything? - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-23-2013, 04:56 PM   #71
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post
Alright companies I wasn't going to look at for a driveshaft. My bad on that one.

Though what is funny, is many of the big time companies that make a 3.5" they are rated to hold a higher horsepower rating than the steeda. A 4" driveshaft. I think I remember a debate coming up that the american muscle one was made by steeda, so probably the same.

Either way they hold a much higher horsepower than many of us will achieve. But if I can go with a 3.5" shaft and have it hold better than the 4" on the market. Done.

So assuming all drive shafts were created equal I would agree with you, this doesn't seem to be the case.
You don't have to agree for me to be right, I'm simply stating facts. Like I said wall thickness can be used to compensate for a smaller diameter. That's all I'm saying. I have a DSS 3.5" I'm not saying one is better than the other. But just because the 4" shafts are made by companies you overlook does not mean they are not made. Btw some of the driveshafts DSS makes are tapered as well

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2013, 05:01 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post

You don't have to agree for me to be right, I'm simply stating facts. Like I said wall thickness can be used to compensate for a smaller diameter. That's all I'm saying. I have a DSS 3.5" I'm not saying one is better than the other. But just because the 4" shafts are made by companies you overlook does not mean they are not made. Btw some of the driveshafts DSS makes are tapered as well
What? I think you misread what I said. I said I was wrong on the 4" part for the GT. It was companies I hadn't looked at so I didn't realize they made a 4". Most of the companies people actually seem to always buy from make a 3.5"

My point was that looking at the specs on some of the 4" drive shafts they are rated to handle less power than the 3.5" shafts are. Tapered or not. So my point was I wouldn't assume a 4" shaft because it is bigger will hold up better than a 3.5" shaft will because that doesn't seem to be the case.
Old 05-23-2013, 05:32 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:

What? I think you misread what I said. I said I was wrong on the 4" part for the GT. It was companies I hadn't looked at so I didn't realize they made a 4". Most of the companies people actually seem to always buy from make a 3.5"

My point was that looking at the specs on some of the 4" drive shafts they are rated to handle less power than the 3.5" shafts are. Tapered or not. So my point was I wouldn't assume a 4" shaft because it is bigger will hold up better than a 3.5" shaft will because that doesn't seem to be the case.
And let the jokes begin....lol...
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2013, 06:20 AM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:

And let the jokes begin....lol...
And which one holds up better with age ?
Thomas11CS5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 02:21 AM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Decided on the 3.5" Dynotech Aluminum Driveshaft, car is now done except for Procharger.
SCT Tuner, Vinyl Dipped Plenum and Valve Covers, BBK 85mm TB, JLT Oil Catch Can, Pypes Pipe-Bomb Axle Backs, JBA Ceramic Long Tube Headers, High Flow Cat X-Pipe, Forgestar F14 19x9, 19x10, Nitto Invo Tires, Eibach R2 Suspension, Eibach Adjustable Sway Bars Front and Rear, Eibach Adjustable LCA, BMR Rear Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets, MMD Bolt-On Hood Strut, BMR Pan Hard Bar, Caster Camber Plates, Brembo Brakes, Adjustable UCA and Mount, Dynotech Aluminum Driveshaft, Procharger Stage II, Bosch 75lbs injectors.
tarupert is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT