Wheels and tires for the summer - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-07-2013, 02:36 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
runthatsleeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: New York
Region: New York
Posts: 102
Wheels and tires for the summer

I am looking into getting wheels and tries for the summer and don't no really what I want so asking your opinions on the matter
runthatsleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-07-2013, 03:19 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
runthatsleeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: New York
Region: New York
Posts: 102
This is my daily so good summer tire will use stock as winter wheel

Looking for a staggered setup
runthatsleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:44 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Evil2014GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern VA
Region: Alabama
Posts: 1,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by runthatsleeper View Post
This is my daily so good summer tire will use stock as winter wheel

Looking for a staggered setup
Search button will help you out A LOT on this topic man. But for starters I would check out the wheel and tire packages from American muscle. They have great prices, free mount and balancing, and free shipping.
__________________
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-07-2013, 08:48 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
runthatsleeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: New York
Region: New York
Posts: 102
Yea I buy stuff from there all the time just wanted to try some where else for selection purposes
runthatsleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:01 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Evil2014GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern VA
Region: Alabama
Posts: 1,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by runthatsleeper View Post
Yea I buy stuff from there all the time just wanted to try some where else for selection purposes
Well personally i love my charcoal amrs on my black '14. Got the staggered setup as well. 19x8.5 in the front 19x10 in rear.
__________________
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:04 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
runthatsleeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: New York
Region: New York
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post

Well personally i love my charcoal amrs on my black '13. Got the staggered setup as well. 19x8.5 in the front 19x10 in rear.
I like the rtrs but I want them in black and I can't find them in black
runthatsleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:06 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by runthatsleeper View Post
I like the rtrs but I want them in black and I can't find them in black
ya know, that might be, because they don't come in black. Charcoal is the darkest color.

You can do what I am doing, mine from bad road rash, but get them powdercoated the color you want.

Mine are getting powder coated a dark bronze
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:09 PM   #8
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
I have forgestar cf5's 19x9/10 with 275/35 and 305/30 and they're frigging awesome
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:11 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
runthatsleeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: New York
Region: New York
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
I have forgestar cf5's 19x9/10 with 275/35 and 305/30 and they're frigging awesome
Nice what tires are you running
runthatsleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:08 PM   #10
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
Bfg kdw2's on front and michelin pilot super sport on the rear
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:27 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
runthatsleeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: New York
Region: New York
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
Bfg kdw2's on front and michelin pilot super sport on the rear
Nice I was think nt05 all around
runthatsleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:28 PM   #12
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by runthatsleeper View Post

Nice I was think nt05 all around
What size are you looking at? And the only reason I have different tires is because I went from a square 275/35 setup to a staggered setup and all four of my old tires are still in great condition
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:30 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
runthatsleeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: New York
Region: New York
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post

What size are you looking at? And the only reason I have different tires is because I went from a square 275/35 setup to a staggered setup and all four of my old tires are still in great condition
I was thinking 19s 8.5 for the front and 10.5 in the rear
runthatsleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:34 PM   #14
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by runthatsleeper View Post

I was thinking 19s 8.5 for the front and 10.5 in the rear
That's a bit of an odd combination, not necessarily bad by any means though. I saw you were looking at rtr's but those are only made in 9.5" in the 19" variant. In fact short of getting a set of custom wheels that's a very hard size/combo to find. What are your favorites so far? Also are you looking for all season tires? Where do you live?
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:37 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
runthatsleeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: New York
Region: New York
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post

That's a bit of an odd combination, not necessarily bad by any means though. I saw you were looking at rtr's but those are only made in 9.5" in the 19" variant. In fact short of getting a set of custom wheels that's a very hard size/combo to find. What are your favorites so far? Also are you looking for all season tires? Where do you live?
I live in ny on LI and no looking more for summer tires cause I going to use the stock ones for winter

And I didn't no that was hard to find what about 8 and 10 ?
runthatsleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:55 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by runthatsleeper View Post

I live in ny on LI and no looking more for summer tires cause I going to use the stock ones for winter

And I didn't no that was hard to find what about 8 and 10 ?
You can find 8.5 for fronts and 10 for rears pretty easily.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:57 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
runthatsleeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: New York
Region: New York
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

You can find 8.5 for fronts and 10 for rears pretty easily.
Ok so I guess that's what I will look for
runthatsleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



09:14 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.