What does the scouter say about your power levels? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-09-2013, 05:34 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Joyride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 297
What does the scouter say about your power levels?

I just had some Bolton stuff done and made 341rwtq and 418 rwhp. I want to compare my numbers to others with boltons to see if the power is what it should be. Show me what you got!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1959871470.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	428.8 KB
ID:	106984  
Joyride is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-09-2013, 05:38 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: South Elgin ill
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,656
First off what u got lol
Moto111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 05:54 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
TooSlow4U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Arizona
Posts: 505
That tq is low
TooSlow4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-09-2013, 06:16 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Elmendorf
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,322
Id say, guessing by the dyno sheet you are running an off road x, CAI, tune. Either that or combined with a boss IM, CAI, tune. I've seen 5.0s with long tube headers peak rwtq in the 340s. Just about all I can say is that is that long tubes flatten your rwtq and increase numbers across the board but don't increase your max numbers much if at all. That is just my experience
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:27 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Joyride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 297
I have steeda cai, boss mani, tune, kooks LT headers and their catted boss H, Borla stingers, 3.73s. I was told this would be a good setup for a centrifugal SC, so until then... Anyways I was pretty dissapointe with the TQ since it didn't change not a damn bit. Perhaps that's why it didn't feel much faster.
Joyride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:34 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Roush cai and jba o/r x with bama hybrid tune I got 411rwhp and 394rwtq.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:37 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Joyride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post
Roush cai and jba o/r x with bama hybrid tune I got 411rwhp and 394rwtq.
What type of dyno was it on? I hope I don't have a lemon...
Joyride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:40 PM   #8
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
There are wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too many factors involved besides just mods for you to think you have a lemon based on what some guy on the Internet says
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:41 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyride View Post

What type of dyno was it on? I hope I don't have a lemon...
Dyno jet.



---------- Post added at 07:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
There are wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too many factors involved besides just mods for you to think you have a lemon based on what some guy on the Internet says
Yup. Haha.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:08 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
WadeC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Milwaukee
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 137
Hey guys im wondering if a manual and a auto with the same bolt ons would have different dyno numbers?
WadeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:12 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by WadeC View Post
Hey guys im wondering if a manual and a auto with the same bolt ons would have different dyno numbers?
Yes. But that is because the gearing is different. A manual 5.0 is going to be run in 5th gear which is a 1:1 ratio. Autos don't have this. 4th and 5th are slightly opposite. 5th is like a 0.8:1 and I forget what 4th was but it was higher than 1. This will make their numbers different.

Not even counting that different cars, tunes, dynos, temp outside, your girls bra size and gremlins will make it different.

Also for a quick idea. I had the idiots who did my dyno run the car in 4th which is a 1.32:1 and it ran nearly 30HP lower than when they ran it again in 5th after I called them out on it.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:27 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
WadeC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Milwaukee
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

Yes. But that is because the gearing is different. A manual 5.0 is going to be run in 5th gear which is a 1:1 ratio. Autos don't have this. 4th and 5th are slightly opposite. 5th is like a 0.8:1 and I forget what 4th was but it was higher than 1. This will make their numbers different.

Not even counting that different cars, tunes, dynos, temp outside, your girls bra size and gremlins will make it different.

Also for a quick idea. I had the idiots who did my dyno run the car in 4th which is a 1.32:1 and it ran nearly 30HP lower than when they ran it again in 5th after I called them out on it.
Reason why i ask is, i have a 2011 auto, roush cai, 85mm throttle, boss manni, 1 7/8 lt headers hi flow cats, 3"x pipe borla stingers 3.73 rear and bama race tune and i only got 383rwhp and 331 torque. I cant shake the feeling something is not right. Maybe i have a lemon for real
WadeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:34 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Napoleon85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,045
You guys realize that you can't compare numbers on different dynos from different days right? That's just not how dynos work. They were developed as a tool to measure the delta resulting from changes on the same dyno, same day, same atmospheric conditions. Outside of that context, the numbers are basically useless.
__________________
Official Exhaust Thread Troller
Napoleon85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:37 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85 View Post
You guys realize that you can't compare numbers on different dynos from different days right? That's just not how dynos work. They were developed as a tool to measure the delta resulting from changes on the same dyno, same day, same atmospheric conditions. Outside of that context, the numbers are basically useless.
Exactly why I made the middle statement of my last post.

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by WadeC View Post

Reason why i ask is, i have a 2011 auto, roush cai, 85mm throttle, boss manni, 1 7/8 lt headers hi flow cats, 3"x pipe borla stingers 3.73 rear and bama race tune and i only got 383rwhp and 331 torque. I cant shake the feeling something is not right. Maybe i have a lemon for real
Unless you took a baseline on the same dyno you really don't have anything to compare it too.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:41 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Napoleon85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post
Exactly why I made the middle statement of my last post.

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 PM ----------



Unless you took a baseline on the same dyno you really don't have anything to compare it too.
Yeah, you forgot dick size though. That's the most important part of dyno numbers.
__________________
Official Exhaust Thread Troller
Napoleon85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:44 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Elmendorf
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,322
You also have to figure in nearly 20hp lost through the drivetrain with an auto. Manual cars have less drivetrain loss and the size of their wheels/tires is a big factor also
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:48 PM   #17
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
There are wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too many factors involved besides just mods for you to think you have a lemon based on what some guy on the Internet says
I'll repost this exact same comment I made earlier right here
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:51 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85 View Post

Yeah, you forgot dick size though. That's the most important part of dyno numbers.
True very true. Haha.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:55 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
WadeC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Milwaukee
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

Exactly why I made the middle statement of my last post.

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 PM ----------



Unless you took a baseline on the same dyno you really don't have anything to compare it too.
My biggest mistake was not getting a baseline dyno..what can i say live and learn!
WadeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:00 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by WadeC View Post
My biggest mistake was not getting a baseline dyno..what can i say live and learn!
I mean your not really gonna want to put your car back to stock to check, but you can always check out the tune too. do some data logging and send it to Bama and let them look it over and see if they can provide any revisions for it.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:09 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
WadeC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Milwaukee
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

I mean your not really gonna want to put your car back to stock to check, but you can always check out the tune too. do some data logging and send it to Bama and let them look it over and see if they can provide any revisions for it.
Thats what i plan on doing but i bought a jlt cai off Craigslist ima put that on and dyno it again see what happens. I already have the tune just have to do it .
WadeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:11 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
Grabber Blue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: East Haven
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 3,510
Who the heck cares about dyno numbers?
__________________
2017 Dodge Challenger T/A Redline Tri-Coat
2015 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Jazz Blue Pearl Sold
2015 GT Premium 401A Ingot Silver Sold
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:19 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
Who the heck cares about dyno numbers?
Apparently quite a few people do.lol
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



04:38 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.