ok starting the cleanup and some changes. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-10-2013, 05:48 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
ok starting the cleanup and some changes.

She still isn't 100% cleaned up. Still working on the wax on the plastic trim. Been taking my time with a plastic detail brush in removing it. Isn't fast work and it has been pouring all day. Still waiting on my rims, powder coat gets to their shop Monday so by my next off day of Thursday next week I'll have those back. Also waiting on my HID bulbs from DDM.

Also getting my UCA and bracket installed tomorrow. Have details on this I am not sure I can share yet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20130510_183117.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	107208   Click image for larger version

Name:	20130510_183126.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	1.13 MB
ID:	107209  

Name:	20130510_183215.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	107210  
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2013, 06:42 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Looking good!! Are u getting HIDs for the Raxioms? Or for the fog lights?? Or both??? I'm sure when u get your wheels back its gonna look absolute beast!! I myself have the Boss splitter, Roush side splitter, and 35W 4500K for the fogs... I'm just trying to find the time to install them, works been crazy lately, don't even have time to eat :-/
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:50 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2 View Post
Looking good!! Are u getting HIDs for the Raxioms? Or for the fog lights?? Or both??? I'm sure when u get your wheels back its gonna look absolute beast!! I myself have the Boss splitter, Roush side splitter, and 35W 4500K for the fogs... I'm just trying to find the time to install them, works been crazy lately, don't even have time to eat :-/
Thanks! I hope so, everyday not having them I keep freaking out I am gonna hate them in bronze. I ordered 35W 5000k HIDs for the raxioms. Per the tracking they have been sitting in china for like 4 days . I will probably get them for the fogs too at some point. I never cared before because I always lived in the city. Now that 90% of my drive to work is a roundabout country part of the highway it gets daaaaaaark at night and my covered stock lights were getting scary to drive with. Man that sucks, nothing worse than having new stuff for the car and no time to install them. I wish I could say that has been my problem, but it has been lack of energy from impacted wisdom teeth. Only 25 days to go before I can get them out....yay....

You better get some pictures up once you get that stuff installed. Let me know how you like the 4300K for the fogs. I was thinking 5000K for the fogs but everyone else is doing 4300k.
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2013, 07:45 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

Thanks! I hope so, everyday not having them I keep freaking out I am gonna hate them in bronze. I ordered 35W 5000k HIDs for the raxioms. Per the tracking they have been sitting in china for like 4 days . I will probably get them for the fogs too at some point. I never cared before because I always lived in the city. Now that 90% of my drive to work is a roundabout country part of the highway it gets daaaaaaark at night and my covered stock lights were getting scary to drive with. Man that sucks, nothing worse than having new stuff for the car and no time to install them. I wish I could say that has been my problem, but it has been lack of energy from impacted wisdom teeth. Only 25 days to go before I can get them out....yay....

You better get some pictures up once you get that stuff installed. Let me know how you like the 4300K for the fogs. I was thinking 5000K for the fogs but everyone else is doing 4300k.
Yea I'm actually in the same boat as u, I ordered from DDM and it takes a while to get here, I'm really just waiting for those to come in so I can start the process since the bottom shield has to come off... Might as do it all at once, I ordered 4500k to kinda match with the stock HIDs, once I have everything installed ill post some pics eventually, maybe sometime next week
Old 05-11-2013, 12:18 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Bronze tint would really set the car off with the wheels.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:31 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
Bronze tint would really set the car off with the wheels.
Not a bad idea. Will wait till I get the wheels on there first but thanks for the idea. That probably would look nice.

---------- Post added at 01:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 AM ----------

Quote:

Yea I'm actually in the same boat as u, I ordered from DDM and it takes a while to get here, I'm really just waiting for those to come in so I can start the process since the bottom shield has to come off... Might as do it all at once, I ordered 4500k to kinda match with the stock HIDs, once I have everything installed ill post some pics eventually, maybe sometime next week
Yeah haha it really isn't that bad taking that bottom panel off. Yeah not having the factory HIDs I didn't even think about that. Definitely some pics man. I still love your rims
Old 05-11-2013, 01:39 AM   #7
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Bronze powder coating on the wheels? I'm gonna be honest......I think the front end looks great (very aggressive) wheels look good as is and the stance is great! I think you should ditch the louvers, (some nice tint all the way around would look great) the red 5.0 faux gas cap,hash marks,get (or make) a shorty antenna and fix the exhaust. It might just be the pics but the way the exhaust exits looks way off. Im a fan of simple and clean and this is just my opinion. I love the race red and black look when it's super clean and sleek.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:48 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
Bronze powder coating on the wheels? I'm gonna be honest......I think the front end looks great (very aggressive) wheels look good as is and the stance is great! I think you should ditch the louvers, (some nice tint all the way around would look great) the red 5.0 faux gas cap,hash marks,get (or make) a shorty antenna and fix the exhaust. It might just be the pics but the way the exhaust exits looks way off. Im a fan of simple and clean and this is just my opinion. I love the race red and black look when it's super clean and sleek.
You mean the wheels in the pictures above? Those are only on there until Thursday. My RTR are getting a very dark bronze powder coat. The louvers are going to get replaced by some nicer ones that attatch to the windows and not the car. Might do them in red this time and match the car. Red 5.0 is staying haha, harsh marks I am iffy on. I might leave them until I get the Cobra R hood. Hood spears will go then too. Shorty antenna is on the list. Personally I wish I could just delete the antenna. Exhaust is off I have to pull it all apart and fix the hangers. Been kinda lazy on that. On the list to fix. I actually can straighten them and then they just shift over time. I still need better exhaust clamps I just keep forgetting to call roush to see if they will sell me theres.

Thanks for the comments though! I don't want it as clean as you do but I don't want it over the top. As some things come other things go.
Old 05-11-2013, 01:51 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Dark bronze like this.

Name:	ForumRunner_20130511_025008.png
Views:	183
Size:	1.88 MB
ID:	107283
Old 05-11-2013, 02:15 AM   #10
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Yeah,I like the black RTRs. That's strange on the clamps. Are you talking about the clamps on the over axle pipes?
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 02:20 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
I think the dark bronze is going to look bad a$$ I was thinking about doing that with a pair of vossens
Thomas11CS5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 02:25 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
Yeah,I like the black RTRs. That's strange on the clamps. Are you talking about the clamps on the over axle pipes?
no those are fine. The actual axle back clamps. The one thing I will ever say bad about borla is them expecting you to use the stock clamps from the stock axle backs when paying the premium you do. Those clamps are cheap and terrible and very thin and stretch. When I had the roush the clamps that came with them were 10 fold better. Thicker and higher quality. They sealed TIGHT. I wanted to keep them but the guy I traded the roush too was pretty cool and I didn't want to be a complete jerk so I gave them with the roush. I e-mailed roush and they said they could probably just sell me the clamps but i'd have to call and hadn't done that yet. Just depends on the price. I might fib if I need too and say I still have the roush since I can provide proof of purchase and see if they will sell them to me near cost. Somehow I am expecting them to sell me 15 dollar clamps for 50 bucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas11CS5.0 View Post
I think the dark bronze is going to look bad a$$ I was thinking about doing that with a pair of vossens
thanks man I hope so too. I actually like the Vossen darker grey color they have on the CV3. It was my second choice for the RTR from the dark bronze.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:26 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

When u get the HIDs let us know if it works with the Raxioms... I have a buddy that's on the fence to get them, cuz I wants to make sure they're compatible with HIDs
Old 05-12-2013, 08:25 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
When u get the HIDs let us know if it works with the Raxioms... I have a buddy that's on the fence to get them, cuz I wants to make sure they're compatible with HIDs
Well it looks like raxiom changed their design. I found a guy with them who put hids in and the headlight had a big rubber seal you had to cut. The raxiom I got which is the identical one has a plastic screw on cap with a removable rubber plug. The HIDs I got come with a new rubber seal. Million dollar question is does that rubber seal fit. So he might want to check unless he knows and see which he has.

http://v6mustangperformance.com/modi...e/#lightbox/2/

that was the guide I used and looking at the back of that headlight and headlight seals it isn't anywhere near the same as the raxioms I got. I just don't see a date to know how old it is. The forum I found it on the posts were from back in 2012 so it atleast has been a little bit. But who knows how long.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:28 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I agree on the bronze will set the car off (love that nsx also)! What kinda louvers are you getting nosympathy?
Sharkkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:37 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkkk View Post
I agree on the bronze will set the car off (love that nsx also)! What kinda louvers are you getting nosympathy?
Probably just the ford stock looking ones. They are the cleanest IMHO.

Also thanks on the wheels! They finished them today but I can't pick them up until Thursday. It is killing me!
Old 05-13-2013, 08:41 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I know what you mean man haha but the wait is part of the fun, makes it that much more awesome once you get them on there!

What do you think about the flushed louvers from shr? I got a pair, need to get them prepped for paint before I can install them. I'm playing the waiting game also
Sharkkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:44 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkkk View Post
I know what you mean man haha but the wait is part of the fun, makes it that much more awesome once you get them on there!

What do you think about the flushed louvers from shr? I got a pair, need to get them prepped for paint before I can install them. I'm playing the waiting game also
I am waiting on all kinds of stuff. This is terrible! Haha.

I really like those I just didn't want the hassle of installing them haha. They look great. You will really like them.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:28 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Subscribed. Just cause I can't wait to see pictures of these wheels.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT