Adjustable Eibach sway bars - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-12-2013, 08:17 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Question Adjustable Eibach sway bars

Please share your driving impression while using your Eibach adjustable sway bars in your '10-'13 Mustang GT?. Are you staggered or non staggered?
2011 GT Premium, Brembo, 3.73, KONI STRT, Steeda Sport springs, GT500 strut mounts, Strano's adjustable swaybars, 275/40R19 Michelin Pilot Super Sport, HAWK HPS, ATE DOT 4, CS style rear pedestal spoiler, AM Eleanor side scoops, "C style" side decals, Black BOSS style roof vinyl, black custom hood vinyl & Black pony.
M3hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2013, 09:47 AM   #2
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
I know Napoleon85 has these, lets see what he says. I've not heard of too many people upgrading sway bars just because the stock ones are pretty decent, but there are still gains to be had

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:10 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Hi GrabberBlue5.0
I am looking for an upgrade on sway bars, for a near neutral handling at the track (no understeer or body roll). I have the track package with Kony STRT and Steeda Sports, gt 500 mounts, 275/40R19 r & 255/40R19 in fronts, planing to go 275's on Michelin Super Sport. Stock 19x9 Brembo wheels. After the sways I'm planing to go the watts links way for a close to IRS feeling, no rear sideway axle hoop while taking curves with bumps.
Which sway bars do you recommend?
2011 GT Premium, Brembo, 3.73, KONI STRT, Steeda Sport springs, GT500 strut mounts, Strano's adjustable swaybars, 275/40R19 Michelin Pilot Super Sport, HAWK HPS, ATE DOT 4, CS style rear pedestal spoiler, AM Eleanor side scoops, "C style" side decals, Black BOSS style roof vinyl, black custom hood vinyl & Black pony.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2013, 10:22 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
I know Napoleon85 has these, lets see what he says. I've not heard of too many people upgrading sway bars just because the stock ones are pretty decent, but there are still gains to be had
Let me tell you i just upgraded my entire suspension with Whiteline products, lca's, uca with bracket,relocation brackets, front and rear adjustable sway bars, and a watts link. Aftermarket adjustable sway bars make a big difference. If your going to invest in sway bars you want the adjustable ones. The front sway bar is a little more critical then the rear since your steering takes place up front. The factory bar is a hollow tube filled with pellets, you definitely want to replace it with a sold spring steel bar. Many aftermarket companies still use the hollow design which is weaker. Whiteline does not! Whiteline uses solid spring steel ,its heavier then the hollow design but much stronger. My car handles awesome with my set up. All rear sways are solid by design so what ever brand you buy your good there. All in all they make a difference!
2016 Gt/Cs autowith 3:55', mbrp cat back and a n/a build on the way!...
blackbeast12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:32 AM   #5
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3hunter View Post
Hi GrabberBlue5.0
I am looking for an upgrade on sway bars, for a near neutral handling at the track (no understeer or body roll). I have the track package with Kony STRT and Steeda Sports, gt 500 mounts, 275/40R19 r & 255/40R19 in fronts, planing to go 275's on Michelin Super Sport. Stock 19x9 Brembo wheels. After the sways I'm planing to go the watts links way for a close to IRS feeling, no rear sideway axle hoop while taking curves with bumps.
Which sway bars do you recommend?
BMR, eibach, or white line. Honestly the best upgrade I've done for a more neutral turn was getting staggered wheels/tires, the car has a very strong tendency to power over steer and the wider tires definitely took care of that. I do have a GT500 rear sway bar, but it's a marginal difference and wasn't even noticeable with all the other suspension mods I have.

For a more neutral steering feel, wider rear tires are the way to go IMO. And honestly unless you're trying to squeeze out every corner carving capability I would skip the sway bars for now.

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 05-12-2013, 10:34 AM   #6
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbeast12 View Post

Let me tell you i just upgraded my entire suspension with Whiteline products, lca's, uca with bracket,relocation brackets, front and rear adjustable sway bars, and a watts link. Aftermarket adjustable sway bars make a big difference. If your going to invest in sway bars you want the adjustable ones. The front sway bar is a little more critical then the rear since your steering takes place up front. The factory bar is a hollow tube filled with pellets, you definitely want to replace it with a sold spring steel bar. Many aftermarket companies still use the hollow design which is weaker. Whiteline does not! Whiteline uses solid spring steel ,its heavier then the hollow design but much stronger. My car handles awesome with my set up. All rear sways are solid by design so what ever brand you buy your good there. All in all they make a difference!
I'm not saying sway bars won't make a difference, but it would definitely be the last suspension mod I do (if I ever do swap them). I would buy a torque arm and watts link before I bought sway bars.

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 05-12-2013, 01:56 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:

I'm not saying sway bars won't make a difference, but it would definitely be the last suspension mod I do (if I ever do swap them). I would buy a torque arm and watts link before I bought sway bars.
Watts Links are fantastic pieces of hardware. They absolutely reflect the most cutting edge in racing technology, but they are expensive as hell lol. I want one, but the Steeda adjustable panhard bar was in my budget, sadly.
Mod List: H&R Super Sport Springs, Eibach Camber Bolts, Steeda Panhard Bar, BBK Cold Air Intake, Stack Racing Chrome Strut Tower Bar, Boss 302 Coil Pack Covers, Barton Shifter, Barton 2 Post Bracket, 4.10 Gear, 2013 Track Pack Wheels, QA1 Single Adjustable Rear Shocks, Roush Axle-back exhaust, CDC Chin Spoiler, Saleen Grille,
Defiant 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 02:42 PM   #8
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3hunter View Post
Please share your driving impression while using your Eibach adjustable sway bars in your '10-'13 Mustang GT?. Are you staggered or non staggered?
Less body roll. A lot less.

I run the middle hole on the front bar. Made the front end and steering feel more firm, which I like.

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by racksteris View Post

Less body roll. A lot less.

I run the middle hole on the front bar. Made the front end and steering feel more firm, which I like.
19x9 in front
19x10 in rear
racksteris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:31 PM   #9
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiant 5.0 View Post

Watts Links are fantastic pieces of hardware. They absolutely reflect the most cutting edge in racing technology, but they are expensive as hell lol. I want one, but the Steeda adjustable panhard bar was in my budget, sadly.
Yea they're pretty pricey, and for now I'm just running an adjustable panhard as well. Hopefully one day I can make room in my budget lol

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 05-12-2013, 08:06 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
yeah here's mine:

2016 Gt/Cs autowith 3:55', mbrp cat back and a n/a build on the way!...
blackbeast12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:01 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
I have the Eibach adjustable sway bars on my 11 GT, alone with Eibach ProKit springs and ProDampers. When I had them put on I had them set in the mid setting, and was not too impressed with them, thought that there was still too much body roll in the twistys. I have since hardened them up to the tightest setting and I am very impressed with how much body roll has been eliminated. I am running a staggered wheel/tire combo with 275/35 on 20X9-1/2 front and 315/35 on 20x11 rear (Nitto Invos) so I have plenty of grip. Steering response is immediate and very crisp now as well. I think the Eiback adjustable sway bars are the way to go.
2011 GT M6 Premium- Mechanical upgrades include: Boss 302 Intake, JLT CAI, JPC LT Headers, Off Road X Pipe, and mufflers, 410 Gears, Granatelli Hot Street Coil Packs, 93 Octane Ghost Cam Tune by Jon Lund,Eibach ProKit Springs,shocks, struts and sway bars, BMR LCA's, Strut Tower Brace, and adjustable Panhard Bar, Maximum Motorsports Camber/Caster Plates, Barton Shortshifter and bracket, Wilwood Superlight Brakes w/6 and 4 piston calipers, Steeda Spyders- 9-1/2X20 with 275/35 and 11X20 with 315/35 Nitto Invos.
bellski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:05 AM   #12
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

If you're looking to get rid of body roll, an upgraded set of springs and dampers are by far, without question, the best way to do so on an S197 chassis

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 05-13-2013, 08:09 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
If you're looking to get rid of body roll, an upgraded set of springs and dampers are by far, without question, the best way to do so on an S197 chassis
While I pretty much do agree with the above statement, I can say that while the Eibach springs and dampers did improve my handling, there was waaay too much body roll with my car til I replaced the sway bars and snugged them up to the hardest setting. fwiw
2011 GT M6 Premium- Mechanical upgrades include: Boss 302 Intake, JLT CAI, JPC LT Headers, Off Road X Pipe, and mufflers, 410 Gears, Granatelli Hot Street Coil Packs, 93 Octane Ghost Cam Tune by Jon Lund,Eibach ProKit Springs,shocks, struts and sway bars, BMR LCA's, Strut Tower Brace, and adjustable Panhard Bar, Maximum Motorsports Camber/Caster Plates, Barton Shortshifter and bracket, Wilwood Superlight Brakes w/6 and 4 piston calipers, Steeda Spyders- 9-1/2X20 with 275/35 and 11X20 with 315/35 Nitto Invos.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:25 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
The stock sway bars are actually pretty decent. Bellski, no offense but the reason you have bad body roll is due to the dampers you're using. Eibach dampers are soft and incapable of dampening their own springs, they are an upgrade over the stockers but not by much. I would rather use the stock Boss dampers over Eibach. Get yourself a higher rate spring with struts and shocks that can handle them I can for sure tell you that the body roll will go away... until you track the car. Street driving will never give you as much grip as a track will so body roll on the street would be considered a subjective observation....
Old 05-13-2013, 07:29 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Well, like I said, my body roll is much eliminated since I hardened up the Eibach sway bars, so I am now a happy camper with my Eibach dampers.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:00 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Thumbs up

Thanks Guys for the great advices!
I agree that my first changes KONI & STEEDA shocks, really changed my car giving it a more euro sport handling, and got rid of the up and down motion while driving on the highway, my rear Michelin Super Sport are great, that is why I will replace also my fronts. I'm convinced that watts links is the way to go, but still think that something good can come from upgraded adjustable sway bar since very soon I'm planing to track my car.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:20 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman33 View Post
The stock sway bars are actually pretty decent. Bellski, no offense but the reason you have bad body roll is due to the dampers you're using. Eibach dampers are soft and incapable of dampening their own springs, they are an upgrade over the stockers but not by much. I would rather use the stock Boss dampers over Eibach. Get yourself a higher rate spring with struts and shocks that can handle them I can for sure tell you that the body roll will go away... until you track the car. Street driving will never give you as much grip as a track will so body roll on the street would be considered a subjective observation....
+1. H&R SS springs and Koni Strt and I don't know what body roll is. Doesn't happen.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT