Warning light - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-12-2013, 10:20 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Warning light

What is this?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-65925864.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	377.1 KB
ID:	107481  
Kona Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2013, 10:38 AM   #2
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Looks like a red gauge to me... It's hard to answer your question without being a little more specific

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:39 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
Looks like a red gauge to me... It's hard to answer your question without being a little more specific
Lol....
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2013, 10:40 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Below the number 7 and 8.
Kona Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:51 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona Mike View Post
Below the number 7 and 8.
Lol. Hope you're joking, but thats you're redline. They come on just about every car ever made....
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:53 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Get the needle to hit that "warning light" and shift. You'll thank me later .
l l 6 Spd l Prem Pkg l Nav l TP l LthrRecaros l AmericanRacing 1 7/8 LTs l O/R H l JLT CF CAI lVMP Tuned l BorlaS Quads w/ResDel. l GT500Valance l KoniStr.T l K-Springs l GT500 Mounts l BMR UCA&LCA l BMR Relos l BMR Panhard l SpeedDawg Knob l 5.0 LloydsMats l Redline HoodStrts l Bobs CF Oil Sep. l 15% Tint l CDC Grille l StrtScn2 ChinSpoiler l GT/CS Fogs w/4500k l RTR DeckLid l CF Engine/CoilCoversl
Joey8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:58 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

This can't be a serious topic
Tmenzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:59 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Something tells me a 420hp car, may not have been the right choice for this guy.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Old 05-12-2013, 11:21 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I'm gonna also assume this isn't serious either, or I'll also say maybe haven't messed around with your color gauges yet, if red worries you, change it. There's some couple hundred choices
dj_james123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 11:23 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post
Something tells me a 420hp car, may not have been the right choice for this guy.
If he don't know what it is ill trade home my 10 gt for his 5.0 haha
Torchred2010gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 11:29 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchred2010gt View Post

If he don't know what it is ill trade home my 10 gt for his 5.0 haha
Probably totaled by now. He had to find out somehow what the redline meant. Lol
Old 05-12-2013, 11:30 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Probably totaled by now. He had to find out somehow what the redline meant. Lol
I can hear it bouncing off the rev limiter as we speak
Tmenzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 11:31 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmenzz View Post

I can hear it bouncing off the rev limiter as we speak
Lol
Old 05-12-2013, 11:32 AM   #14
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Region: Alaska
Oh this has the makings for a great thread. Subscribed.
LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
WhoDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 11:39 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Theres no way that could have been a serious question. My fiancé even knows what that is, and she couldn't tell you the difference between a spark plug and a lug nut lol.

To the OP, i apologize if it was a real question. Better you found out now, then blow your car up later. How does that saying go? The only stupid questions are the ones that go unasked lmao!
Old 05-12-2013, 11:53 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Theres no way that could have been a serious question. My fiancé even knows what that is, and she couldn't tell you the difference between a spark plug and a lug nut lol.

To the OP, i apologize if it was a real question. Better you found out now, then blow your car up later. How does that saying go? The only stupid questions are the ones that go unasked lmao!
Or don't wait til house burns down then call fire dept.
"wait til last minute analogy"
dj_james123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:07 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
It was a serious question by somebody on this forum that probably is not familiar with Mustangs or muscle cars. So for those of you who think you know it all " DON'T BE A DB "
Old 05-12-2013, 12:19 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by maldog View Post
It was a serious question by somebody on this forum that probably is not familiar with Mustangs or muscle cars. So for those of you who think you know it all " DON'T BE A DB "
Do you honestly believe that was an honest question?? You dont have to be familiar with mustangs or muscle cars to know that. Every car has one. No one here claims to know it all, but come on, you should not be buying a car like this if you truly dont know what that is.
Old 05-12-2013, 12:23 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
In defense of the OP, I've never seen a red line that was a light, and I've been driving 35yrs.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:26 PM   #20
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by maldog View Post
You don't have to be familiar with mustangs to know what it is. I knew what that was at like 10 years old

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:32 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
You don't have to be familiar with mustangs to know what it is. I knew what that was at like 10 years old
I believe there are people that don't know anything about cars except where the brake, and gas pedals are and how to put it in P, D, R, and how to use the radio, and open the trunk(but not the hood ). Not saying the OP is one of these people though so don't take offense.
Gordito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:33 PM   #22
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Region: Alaska
This may be a legit question. This is the same guy who bumped a curb after recently buying the car so he may be very new to cars and driving.
LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
WhoDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:44 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

[/COLOR]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida3.7L View Post
This may be a legit question. This is the same guy who bumped a curb after recently buying the car so he may be very new to cars and driving.
Once again proving my point from earlier.... A 420 hp car probably wasnt the most logical, or safe choice.
Old 05-12-2013, 12:45 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

The anti- theft can cause the guages to go red if you have a factory alarm that's going off. Was it going off when you took that picture? Or did you just change the guages to red? It's obvious from the picture that you aren't redlining it because the needle isn't in the picture.
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 01:46 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
In defense of the OP, I've never seen a red line that was a light, and I've been driving 35yrs.
I have never seen that either. And I have an F series that doesnt have a redline on the factory tachometer.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 04:21 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
The OP wasnt very specific, I didn't see anything in the pic other than a red gauge
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 04:26 PM   #27
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
Lol. I was wondering what he meant too. I hope he didn't just leave the forum because of this but how we ask things can make things good or bad. I haven't seen a redline like that either but I knew what it was. Hopefully he will come back and know, no harm was meant. My SVT lights up in the dash when it's time to shift. I didn't know that either until I got it up there and found out.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:20 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

I know if you hit the rev limit it turns red but idk what he's referring to other than a red rpm gauge.but ill still take his 5.0 haha just messing with him.still hoping i can get the 5.0
Old 05-12-2013, 07:26 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Thanks, really. I needed a good laugh and this did it for me. Even better that the kid with the 5.0 at the track last night who asked me what I stall at...on my 6 speed manual car he was sitting in at the time.

You don't need to "know everything" but it's a good idea to know something.
5LHO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:34 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO View Post
Thanks, really. I needed a good laugh and this did it for me. Even better that the kid with the 5.0 at the track last night who asked me what I stall at...on my 6 speed manual car he was sitting in at the time.

My point exactly lol. I truly believe driving a car like this requires SOME general automobile knowledge. Not only is it safer for the driver to know, and respect such a powerful car, but also safer for the other drivers on the road. But hey, we all have to start somewhere, and i credit anyone for trying. Sorry if anyone offended the OP, we're all just having some fun. Just dont ask what CAI is best, or some other topic thats been beaten to death as your next question lmao. Atleast this will probably turn up no previous threads in the search bar haha
Old 05-12-2013, 08:30 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:

LOL WTF?! ah hahahaha. Dood bro I bet you don't even stall.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:12 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

You should've gave him a high five to the face then tell him to hand over his keys
Old 05-15-2013, 09:35 AM   #33

Region: New York
I literally looked at myself in the mirror after reading this. I'm really hoping this is his first car because EVERY car has a red line on the rpm guage. I'm also hoping he drives automatic so this doesnt make it a problem for his mustang.
Stg3Roush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 01:19 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Don't listen to all the haters. That warning light means that you need to change your blinker fluid - they sell it at any auto part store.
SpaceFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 01:26 PM   #35
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stg3Roush View Post
I literally looked at myself in the mirror after reading this. I'm really hoping this is his first car because EVERY car has a red line on the rpm guage. I'm also hoping he drives automatic so this doesnt make it a problem for his mustang.
Not all have a redline marker on them. Our work cans and trucks do not

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT