Need Some Help!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-12-2013, 04:33 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Need Some Help!!

I have a 2012 5.0 A/T and today when I got on it from a dead stop, took off real nice but after like 5 seconds the car kinda of felt like I had a flat and the brakes felt very weird. Everything went back to normal after about 10 seconds but has me worried. I don't know if that happened because I had the traction control off. Has anybody experienced this before? Should I take in to the dealer to have checked out? Only mods I have is FRPP tune and F/M axle backs. Any input will be greatly appreciated.
Jago1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2013, 06:35 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Send a message via Yahoo to Tominkc
I'm sure it was the traction control!! When the tire spins, it shuts down the engine like that until it slows down enough to get traction again!! Mine does it all the time when I forget to turn off!!
Tominkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 06:41 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominkc View Post
I'm sure it was the traction control!! When the tire spins, it shuts down the engine like that until it slows down enough to get traction again!! Mine does it all the time when I forget to turn off!!
But I did have the traction control turned off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2013, 06:53 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jago1021 View Post

But I did have the traction control turned off.
Partially off or all the way off?
Old 05-12-2013, 07:19 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post
Partially off, I think. I pressed the button next to the emergency lights button. I didn't know it had different stages. I thought it was like my 03 Mach 1.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:02 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:

I didnt know there was a difference. I turn mine off every time i get into the car. But all i do is hit the button by the shifter above the flashers button.... Am i missing a step?
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 08:10 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post

I didnt know there was a difference. I turn mine off every time i get into the car. But all i do is hit the button by the shifter above the flashers button.... Am i missing a step?
Yep, RTOM
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 08:11 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Send a message via Yahoo to Tominkc
Did you redline the engine, because it will do about the same thing!! Engine well feel like its stalling !!
Tominkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 08:11 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

Yep, RTOM
Whats that?
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Old 05-12-2013, 08:19 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

The 2011 and I think the 2012 was the same and there are 4 modes. Not sure for 2013-2014.

Traction Control On & AdvanceTrac On: Default
Traction Control Off & AdvanceTrac On: Single Button Press
Traction Control On & AdvanceTrac On: Sport Mode Double Button Press with Brakes
Traction Control Off & AdvanceTrac Off: Button Press 5 sec with Brakes.

I have all these on my basic 2011 GT.

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

Quote:

Whats that?
Read the owners manual.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:20 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:

Whats that?
Read the owners manual.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 08:30 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The 2011 and I think the 2012 was the same and there are 4 modes. Not sure for 2013-2014.

Traction Control On & AdvanceTrac On: Sport Mode Double Button Press with Brakes

I have all these on my basic 2011 GT.

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

Read the owners manual.
Man, i had absolutely no clue about that. I always go over my user manuals pretty well, but have never even thought to read about the tcs. All my fbodies and the gto were all simply on/off. Sure enough mine has all those options as well. Thats why i love this site. I NEVER would have saw that otherwise. Thanks guys
Old 05-12-2013, 08:33 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Man, i had absolutely no clue about that. I always go over my user manuals pretty well, but have never even thought to read about the tcs. All my fbodies and the gto were all simply on/off. Sure enough mine has all those options as well. Thats why i love this site. I NEVER would have saw that otherwise. Thanks guys
too bad I don't charge, I'd be rich!
Old 05-12-2013, 08:35 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
+1
Old 05-12-2013, 08:37 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

too bad I don't charge, I'd be rich!
Yeah no kidding. First the whole j&m camber plate ordeal you helped me with, no this... Damn man to bad you're not close to VA, I definitely owe you a beer or two lol

Sorry OP for thread jacking, hopefully that solved your problem as well!
Old 05-12-2013, 08:38 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah no kidding. First the whole j&m camber plate ordeal you helped me with, no this... Damn man to bad you're not close to VA, I definitely owe you a beer or two lol

Sorry OP for thread jacking, hopefully that solved your problem as well!
haha if I am ever out that way I'll hold ya too it!
Old 05-12-2013, 08:39 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

haha if I am ever out that way I'll hold ya too it!
Deal!
Old 05-12-2013, 08:40 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Deal!
Holy Shhhh that was stalker quick on that reply. Hit the post button and then 2010-2014 mustang gt page immediatly after and you'd already posted. Spam refresh much haha?
Old 05-12-2013, 08:40 PM   #19
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
Lol. He's straight up and one of the best. If I see him blasting somebody in a thread, he's usually right lol.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 08:42 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

[QUOTE=nosympathy;1647666]The 2011 and I think the 2012 was the same and there are 4 modes. Not sure for 2013-2014.

So you think that the AdvanceTrac kicked in and made my car act that way?
Old 05-12-2013, 08:44 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Holy Shhhh that was stalker quick on that reply. Hit the post button and then 2010-2014 mustang gt page immediatly after and you'd already posted. Spam refresh much haha?
Lol got the android app, and was reading another thread and saw it. Gotta have something to do while the women has control of the remote ha ha
Old 05-12-2013, 08:52 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubnbit View Post
Lol. He's straight up and one of the best. If I see him blasting somebody in a thread, he's usually right lol.
Hey when you got guys on here who try and install peoples struts without bump stops and dust covers...

[QUOTE=Jago1021;1647713]
Quote:

So you think that the AdvanceTrac kicked in and made my car act that way?
It would be my best guess from what you described. The AdvanceTrac is supposed to kick in when your car starts to go sideways and try and prevent that but sometimes they act up. Seen other people have weird things happen with them.

Quote:
Lol got the android app, and was reading another thread and saw it. Gotta have something to do while the women has control of the remote ha ha
haha fair enough.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:11 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Got a question about sport mode. The owners manual says "if equipped". Does the traction control light or the gauge show something to indicate if the car is in sport mode? Don't think my car came equipped with sport mode... All I have ever seen is advance track on/off and traction control on/off.

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

And... No, I don't have the owners manual. I read this in the online manual at motorcraftdotcom.
2011 GT Premium Black on Black, Eibach Sportline, Eibach Camber Bolts, BMRAdjustable Pan-hard bar, 19 x 9 Replica Boss 302 Laguna Seca, 275/35-19, GT/CSFront Fascia, C&L CAI, SCT SF3 w/ Bama Tune, Bassani Axle backs.
rick9550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:11 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick9550 View Post
Got a question about sport mode. The owners manual says "if equipped". Does the traction control light or the gauge show something to indicate if the car is in sport mode? Don't think my car came equipped with sport mode... All I have ever seen is advance track on/off and traction control on/off.
yeah when you push the brake in and hit the tc button twice it says sports mode on the display.

you should have it. I have a base 2011 that has it....
Old 05-12-2013, 09:14 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Correction: Motorcraftservicedotcom.

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

Quote:

yeah when you push the brake in and hit the tc button twice it says sports mode on the display.

you should have it. I have a base 2011 that has it....
Ahh.. I was hitting the button to slow. To much beer I guess. Lol. No, I am not driving around... LOL!
2011 GT Premium Black on Black, Eibach Sportline, Eibach Camber Bolts, BMRAdjustable Pan-hard bar, 19 x 9 Replica Boss 302 Laguna Seca, 275/35-19, GT/CSFront Fascia, C&L CAI, SCT SF3 w/ Bama Tune, Bassani Axle backs.
rick9550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:19 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Wish it was simple like the older cars just press a button n go.holding the button for 5 seconds is annoying
Torchred2010gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:22 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchred2010gt View Post
Wish it was simple like the older cars just press a button n go.holding the button for 5 seconds is annoying
safety feature. Since it removes all car handling support it is intended that for you too turn it off you intend to turn it off. Not you accidentally hit the button and then got into a wreck because you lost complete control of your car.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:25 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
safety feature. Since it removes all car handling support it is intended that for you too turn it off you intend to turn it off. Not you accidentally hit the button and then got into a wreck because you lost complete control of your car.
I see your point n its a good one.either way its still fun fish tailing not all crazy though to where an accident can happen.
Torchred2010gt is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT