Did Some Major Changes over the past Weeks! - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

View Poll Results: Like or Dislike?
Like 58 95.08%
Dislike 3 4.92%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-13-2013, 04:34 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
If you don't mind sharing, do you remember how much it was to paint those 4 items?

2013 GT/CS
TCopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2013, 05:00 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Send a message via Skype™ to 2Greeny7
DWC!!!!!! Looks AMAZING!!! Great work! I'll be sure to show my dad when he gets home!
2 Subs, New speakers all around
1 Great Car 1 Happy Kid
July '12 Mustang of the Month
2Greeny7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:13 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
I can't really share because i got the friends and family side job discount. But if you were to walk into just about any body shop that does good work, you're probably looking at 250-300 per panel. The roof being 1 panel and them probably charging another 150-200 to do the mirror covers and spoiler.

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

Thanks Greeny! Tell your Dad I said hi, the wife and i hope to see the two of you again this year at the AM Show. I hope you guys can make the trip again.
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2013, 06:00 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Send a message via Yahoo to Tominkc
Your car looks really great!! One of the best looking stangs I've seen in a long time! I've been thinking of doing some exterior mods on mine, but it's hard think of something on a all black mustang!! Got a couple of ideas, just don't want it to look like others and don't want to over do it . To much on a black car looks bad IMO!!!
Tominkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 06:10 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominkc View Post
Your car looks really great!! One of the best looking stangs I've seen in a long time! I've been thinking of doing some exterior mods on mine, but it's hard think of something on a all black mustang!! Got a couple of ideas, just don't want it to look like others and don't want to over do it . To much on a black car looks bad IMO!!!
If I had a black car, I would have done thing exact same thing. But with Sterling Grey accents.
Old 05-13-2013, 06:13 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Send a message via Yahoo to Tominkc
You know!! That's a great idea!!!! May have to check into it!!!! I was thinking just a little red accent to it!! But didn't want to over do it!!!
Tominkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:49 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I love the black roof! Been thinking about getting mine done before I even picked up my stang lol great taste OP
Sharkkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:45 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via Skype™ to 2Greeny7
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC_SmOziLLa View Post
Thanks Greeny! Tell your Dad I said hi, the wife and i hope to see the two of you again this year at the AM Show. I hope you guys can make the trip again.
My dad loves it! We wish we could make the trip but I leave for college then so we can't make it this year! I should be able to make it next year however! Please tell your wife we say hello! Best of luck at the show! You've got a crazy sexy stang!
2 Subs, New speakers all around
1 Great Car 1 Happy Kid
July '12 Mustang of the Month
2Greeny7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:03 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
So the wait is finally over. I havent posted much in the way of telling anybody what I've been up to. So here she is. First thing that happened was, i sold my Flowmaster catback, in favor of switching back to the factory OTA pipes. Its not that i didn't like the flowmasters, its just that the sound was missing something. This also gave me back my full modular capabilities. Doing that, i had to purchase a new xpipe. So I left the BBK cat deletes on and purchased the BBK after cat Xpipe. Fitment was great but the factory clamps are garbage so it leaked where the cat deletes met the xpipe. So i had it welded, no more leaks. And if i ever change to a different setup up there I'd buy it all as one unit so they'll both come out together. Next, the factory resonators had to go. Those things needed to be destroyed with fire. So with a sawzall, a welder, and a few bucks, its like they never existed. I kept them on for a little while. But they needed to go. Now to the axel backs, 11-12 GT500's. Just my opinion, but the 11-12 GT500 Axelbacks when paired with a O/R-X and no resonators is magical. It sounds absolutely amazing. Clean and Rumbley at Idle, Tame even at cold start-up, But opens up like a dragon at WOT. Perfect fit, with 4 inch tips, and i only have less than $600 in my whole exhaust system from the tip of the factory manifolds to the tips of the tailpipes. Amazing!
Now the fun part. I've been kicking around this concept in my head for sometime now. My idea was going to keep with the theme of the Sterling Grey and Black I already had going. I wanted to have the Roof, Pedestal Spoiler (Only Top portion, not the ABS on the underside), and Side Mirror Covers(Only Top portion, not the ABS on the underside) Painted Gloss Black. And i decided to throw some Gloss Black Hash Marks on too and change the color of my AM windshield banner from white to their frosted Grey. But that wasn't good enough, my mind has been dead set on the Roush Hood scoop that starting coming with the 2013 Roush Cars. Already loving the look of the 11-12's with the scoop, i had to pull the trigger on one. Now I know its not functional, neither is all the side scoops or window louvers that almost everyone has, and that does stink, but i think it looks great. Now the Debate began, do i match the factory color with the scoop or go black. Black it is. So after it was painted, my wife and i went to town drilling the factory hood and installing the scoop. I couldn't have done it without her, she was amazing, took her time with me, and we knocked it out perfectly. Thanks Baby!!!
There is a few guys I need to thank on here. I won't mention anybody by name, but you know who you are. I thank AM for all their help and support, especially Dan Bailer. I thank the Midas down the street, without them, reinstalling the factory is near impossible with a jack and jackstands. They hooked me up and let me use the lift. And they took care of my leaks and deleting my resonators. And my friend Adam, without him and his body shop, none of the paint work would have been done to perfection in two days. Thanks Bro. So without further ado, here's some pics.

I could be nice and put them in some kind of chronological order, but whatever!
Enjoy!

I will post a video of the Exhaust setup soon. I'll compare the factory setup vs. the Flowmasters vs. My new Setup.

Bear in mind all these are some in prompt to photos with my iPhone. A special photo-shoot is coming up with her shortly.

Please Vote in the Poll, Like or Dislike?
Thanks People!
Damn. Looks great. Im glad you tried that black out with grey for me LOL because I was debating on black and grey for my stang. A totally different plan of course lol. Keep it up because that stang looks bad ***!!!
Old 05-14-2013, 12:29 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
I saw it in person today and it looks great. One of the best looking mustangs I've seen around here in our area. The black and grey looks great together. I love the tint.
elnegro5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 12:14 AM   #46

Region: Indiana
nice! not a fan of hashmarks... thats a vette thing... :/
KonaBlueBryar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 12:32 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaBlueBryar View Post
nice! not a fan of hashmarks... thats a vette thing... :/
a vette thing....I mean yes vettes have had them but dodge has put them all over the chargers and challengers. I mean for crying out loud just google hash marks and 90% of the pictures that come up are mustangs with them of a variety of years.

just sayin
Old 05-15-2013, 04:25 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Carroll Shelby was doing it a long time ago with his Terilingua Mustang.
Old 05-15-2013, 04:44 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Bro, the Pony looks amazing and I can't wait to see her in August and hear her roar. I hate my Flowmaster 40 Series, just not loud enough, but I'm stuck for now. Again, she looks Amazing! That picture of you drilling into the hood, just makes me feel like I'm at the dentist getting my teeth drilled on. LOL
Old 05-15-2013, 05:05 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by avengnd View Post
Bro, the Pony looks amazing and I can't wait to see her in August and hear her roar. I hate my Flowmaster 40 Series, just not loud enough, but I'm stuck for now. Again, she looks Amazing! That picture of you drilling into the hood, just makes me feel like I'm at the dentist getting my teeth drilled on. LOL
Thanks Buddy! That means a lot coming from you. I know you'll get your exhaust squared away soon enough. Thinking about what you said about the dentist gave me chills, I hate those evil SOB's. I'd rather drill 30 more holes in my hood than go to the dentist. But we gotta do, what we gotta do.
Old 05-15-2013, 05:20 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Thanks Buddy! That means a lot coming from you. I know you'll get your exhaust squared away soon enough. Thinking about what you said about the dentist gave me chills, I hate those evil SOB's. I'd rather drill 30 more holes in my hood than go to the dentist. But we gotta do, what we gotta do.
LMAO...You know we do.
Old 08-16-2013, 03:43 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Beautiful car! I have 2014 sterling grey gt and im about to install my roush hood scoop and street scene chin spoiler. Does anyone have the same car and color with smoked headlights? I feel like it would be a real SLEEK look, post photos if you do!
Subtle stang14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 04:03 PM   #53
Sad Panda
Staff

as of right now theres 3 dooches that have voted ;O
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 04:43 PM   #54
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

I was gonna say 4 but I really like what he's done with it.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 04:48 PM   #55
Sad Panda
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone View Post
I was gonna say 4 but I really like what he's done with it.
you mudda phuchha!!
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 04:59 PM   #56
Road Trip!

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subtle stang14 View Post
Beautiful car! I have 2014 sterling grey gt and im about to install my roush hood scoop and street scene chin spoiler. Does anyone have the same car and color with smoked headlights? I feel like it would be a real SLEEK look, post photos if you do!
I'm buying a set. I think everyone who owns a sterling grey Stang is going with the black out theme I know I am. My build list on AM is up to $1800 in black out appearance mods. That includes my engine bay I'm blacking it out too. Should have mine complete by the end of spring. Right now I have to save for Christmas.
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 05:24 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
I think you should add the Smooth quarter window covers/louvers in the sterling gray. The part number from American Muscle is 71319 so you can look them up and see what i'm talking about. That's a good looking stang, I cast my vote. I don't know what those 3 who voted NO are smoking. It's not the same cookie cutter, everybody else has it too style, and I like that.
BOSS intake, Steeda CAI, SCT livewire TS, A.R. long tubes & 3" X-pipe, Bassani axle back, AMR wheels, Steeda upper&lower control arms, Raxiom Black Projector/HALO headlights, Trufiber hood, CS/BOSS front & rear valence, BOSS splitter, Stainless Braided Clutch Line, TruCarbon CF Grille, MMD Black tail light trim & Trunk Emblem Surround, Carbon Fiber Dash Overlay Kit. Barton Industries Short Shifter and Bracket, DSS 3.5" Aluminum driveshaft. 417 HP 373 lbsft at wheels and loving it.
BigBry0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 06:40 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Very Nice
2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 705.11rwhp 5.33pulley/Torque Booster Wastegate
Deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 07:59 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

I voted for "like". Because I like it!! Looks great.
Old 08-16-2013, 08:02 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Hey DWC wanna trade? Lol
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 08:14 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oregon
DWC - You car looks incredible!!! Nice work! I really like the hood!
Old 08-16-2013, 08:54 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

AM makes a vinyl cut already for our roof...I guess putting it in can be tough, but with 2 people, it can be done. Def cheaper than $300, though I'm sure the pain looks better. Regardless, awesome looking car!
DeJoe8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 10:32 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks everyone. Here's some more recent pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1994844064.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	547.5 KB
ID:	124218   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3097609769.jpg
Views:	470
Size:	465.1 KB
ID:	124219  

Name:	image-3878746844.jpg
Views:	751
Size:	479.3 KB
ID:	124220   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2906956704.jpg
Views:	799
Size:	568.4 KB
ID:	124221  

Name:	image-2717032408.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	309.3 KB
ID:	124222  
Old 08-16-2013, 10:46 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Thanks everyone. Here's some more recent pics.
Are those 20" '13 GT500 rims from am? And are you lowered? I'm thinking about popping on those rims
Old 08-16-2013, 10:56 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

19's on Eibach prokit springs. They're the springs I was trying to trade you. The drop is perfect it's the height it should've been from the factory.
Old 08-16-2013, 11:02 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Lmao I just realized you have bacon bacon bacon in your Sig thingy
Old 08-17-2013, 06:21 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
19's on Eibach prokit springs. They're the springs I was trying to trade you. The drop is perfect it's the height it should've been from the factory.
Can I assume that lowering with that kit causes no issues with driveshaft alignment?

Did you get any camber change?
Old 08-17-2013, 10:26 AM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I'm not a person for tack-ons, "appearance mods", customization of the exterior or general tinsel and flash but, that is one good looking car, I have to say.

I have to fight the temptation to loud up my GT500s myself. The sound is so clean and good, I want to hear more but, I also DD and road trip the car so, I'll have to consider that.

2012 Premium GT, Candy Red, Brembo package, 3.73, MT82, Comfort, Tech, et al. Procal tune, Roush UCA, UMI poly LCA, GT500s, Steeda red bracket, Hoosier 28x10x16 bias drags. Best e/t 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 12:28 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
That looks great, definitely a head turner. I'd love to drive that beast everyday!
fastfoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 02:17 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO View Post
I'm not a person for tack-ons, "appearance mods", customization of the exterior or general tinsel and flash but, that is one good looking car, I have to say.

I have to fight the temptation to loud up my GT500s myself. The sound is so clean and good, I want to hear more but, I also DD and road trip the car so, I'll have to consider that.
Thank you 5LHO. I greatly appreciate your kind words.
The resonator delete was one of the best investments I've made on my car. It just pulled the tone all together not gave it a little more gurgle and idle, opened it up for the better during acceleration and WOT all while keeping a drone free, subtle, almost unchanged rumble while cruising without affecting cabin noise. People are amazed when they hear my car and then ask me what exhaust I have, they're even more shocked when I tell them I have less than $700 in my full setup. Not bad for a ORX, Axle Backs, and resonator delete. I'd put my tone up against any nonheadered car out there.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT