Right Rear Squeaking After Lowering - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-16-2013, 02:08 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

Yep I had mine touching the spare tire wheel well at one point and was making a horrendous noise.
Is that after you lowered the car?
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2013, 02:10 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post

Is that after you lowered the car?
Nope. After I put the O/R X on. It was a tad longer than stock. Had to re angle it. I might switch to an H pipe and remove the resonators. When I remove the resonators I'll have them shorten then OTA pipes a little.
Old 05-16-2013, 02:40 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:

Nope. After I put the O/R X on. It was a tad longer than stock. Had to re angle it. I might switch to an H pipe and remove the resonators. When I remove the resonators I'll have them shorten then OTA pipes a little.
Gotcha. I still have the stock x, but ill take a look under there when i change my oil tonight, just to make sure nothings rubbing.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2013, 02:59 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
Check the exhaust where it goes over the axle.
Will do.

Quote:
Yep I had mine touching the spare tire wheel well at one point and was making a horrendous noise.
Will check that as well.. How'd you remedy that?
KARgt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 03:27 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KARgt13 View Post

Will do.

Will check that as well.. How'd you remedy that?
Undo the bolts that connect that pipe to the h/x pipe and have someone turn it till it sits correctly and then tighten it down. If it is that far over it will be angled incorrectly and you probably have a leak too.

Other way is you can pull the axle back off and bend the hangers until the OTA pipe sites correctly in them.

For me it was putting the x pipe on and then just putting the OTA pipes in and bolting them down. Just never crossed my mind that they would turn. Obviously they do just wasn't there in my mind.
Old 06-16-2013, 09:52 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
I've decided that the squeak appears to be coming from in the shocks themselves. Any ideas? Spraying lube in them seems like the only option but I don't know if that's a good idea.
KARgt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 11:10 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Had a similar problem a long time ago. Ended up I found the nut that holds the shock at the bottom came off and the shock was just resting on the bolt. Put a new nut on and retorqued it and it was perfect. This was on an 04 scion tv though... But might help.
GWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:41 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWraith View Post
Had a similar problem a long time ago. Ended up I found the nut that holds the shock at the bottom came off and the shock was just resting on the bolt. Put a new nut on and retorqued it and it was perfect. This was on an 04 scion tv though... But might help.
Not a bad suggestion. I believe the WSM has all suspension bolts listed as one-time use. I strongly recommend using blue loctite when re-assembling anything in the suspension, if not replacing the hardware.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT