Decal thoughts - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-13-2013, 09:21 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Decal thoughts

Hi all just wondering what you guys think about decals on mustangs . And I mean decals of things you actually have . I really like the vortech car that says vortech on rear . But I was thinking of Doing some suttle ones on my side splitters such as vortech and few others . Should I avoid that or will it look ok
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1049254837.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	540.1 KB
ID:	107985  
Moto111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2013, 09:25 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
I don't have any, don't like letting folks know what i got, besides if I'm gonna advertise for a company they're gonna pay me. But to each his own!
2016 Gt/Cs autowith 3:55', mbrp cat back and a n/a build on the way!...
blackbeast12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:26 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I'm not a fan of decals on the exterior. I put mine under the hood. If I'm gonna show what I got, the hood will be up anyways. I like the look of a clean sleeperish car.
bigsmitty24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2013, 09:32 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Well I really wanted to do something under the hood like directly underneath it on the underside but would be afraid of starting a fire with decals or anything . Trying to really get into the shows now was Guna paint a mural under hood but they want my car for to long lol
Old 05-13-2013, 09:44 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbeast12 View Post
I don't have any, don't like letting folks know what i got, besides if I'm gonna advertise for a company they're gonna pay me. But to each his own!
+1. Im not going to be a mobile advertisement for anyone either. Definitely not a fan of the look, but hey sponsors, if you're out there, and wanna send a few free parts my way, i slap your logo on my damn windshield for you if you want haha
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:47 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Haha well how do I do underhood ones like a high heat decal ?
Old 05-13-2013, 09:54 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto111 View Post
Haha well how do I do underhood ones like a high heat decal ?
Still not a fan. Its still an advertisement, even if its not visible 100% of the time. Companies slap their logos all over the parts already, why help them even more? Not saying it looks bad under the hood, just think its a waste of time. But if you do, i definitely wouldn't worry about starting a fire lol. If anything the decal will just fade, and maybe brown over time.

The only non-ford decal/sticker/logo id ever CONSIDER putting on the exterior of my car though would be a "no fat chick's, I'm lowered" bumper sticker
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Old 05-13-2013, 09:56 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Lol I get that just doing it to help me out at shows alot of people that vote don't know what try vote for they vote cuz it looks cool lol
Old 05-13-2013, 09:57 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbeast12 View Post
+1
Old 05-13-2013, 09:59 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

The biggest thing that bugs me is my vortech is going in and they are just so damn quiet . Not like the old school superchargers you could eat whine . So no one will know and I love my show and I'm by no means a race type guy just like the power lol
Old 05-13-2013, 10:02 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Lol I get that just doing it to help me out at shows alot of people that vote don't know what try vote for they vote cuz it looks cool lol
Well my advice if your going to get seriously into the car show thing, is talk to a few vendors on here, other forums, and in your local area. If they agree to give you something in return, even a small discount, in exchange for you advertising for them I say go for it. Never hurts to ask. You dont see many of the new body Mustangs entering those kind of competitions, so it might be easier than you think to get something in return.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:04 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Never really knew how to go about that . And this is the first car I've really started to enjoy shows and after the supercharger is on il feel a little better as at least be on a leveling playing field cuz I swear every car that had hood open had some sort of forced induction lol
Old 05-13-2013, 10:12 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Never really knew how to go about that . And this is the first car I've really started to enjoy shows and after the supercharger is on il feel a little better as at least be on a leveling playing field cuz I swear every car that had hood open had some sort of forced induction lol
Like i said man, just branch out and ask around. Send out a ton of pms to our sponsors etc. You already have a good head start, especially with the s/c (which im very jealous of), so whats to loose. I was able to get a sponsor from a pretty decent size company for one of my built LS1 camaros when i was younger. They gave me 25-35% (depending on the mark up) off all my parts in exchange for placing the companies logo on a few places, and attending a certain number of shows or track events per season.
Old 05-14-2013, 12:49 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Don't know if you can see that but it says 4.6L high performance. They are super cheap off of late model restoration.

Also thinking about throwing on some red hash marks and painting my calipers like this
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3575808914.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	356.2 KB
ID:	108017   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2131141340.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	380.9 KB
ID:	108018  

shawn.velez36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:43 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
The biggest thing that bugs me is my vortech is going in and they are just so damn quiet . Not like the old school superchargers you could eat whine . So no one will know and I love my show and I'm by no means a race type guy just like the power lol

The only person I'm trying to impress is me.
graystone2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:17 AM   #16
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
If they're done right they look good
Old 05-14-2013, 07:50 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I would just put a supercharged emblem under the 5.0

---------- Post added at 06:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 AM ----------

Quote:
I know I heard an older stang pull up to a meet. It had a Paxton and just a little tap of the gas made that thing looooud.
Joyride is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT