Random question - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-14-2013, 11:30 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Random question

I know its been beat to death in this subject and figure I'd ask anyways.is it worth getting a base 5.0?at the time when tey first came out I didn't have a gt till last year now that I have one an the new 5.0s are out they are out of price range but I can still find base 5.0s(11-12).ill be going from leather to cloth.what are you opinions on this so i can make a better decision
Torchred2010gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2013, 11:33 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Is it worth it to drink water to survive ? Does a bear crap in the woods? Lol
Moto111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:38 AM   #3
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Absolutely it's worth it. It costs less and if you can live with out the creature comforts you'll actually be saving weight as well

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2013, 11:42 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
I went from a Premium 05 gt to a base 12gt. I like the cloth seats much better, a helluva lot more comfortable. Only thing I miss is the premium steering wheel. The extra money is definitely not worth it.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:44 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Anything is worth getting a 5.0 !!!!!
Boss IM, with Araid cai, bama 93 race tune, GT500 cat back, jba off-road x-pipe & longtubes, mgw shifter,4.10 gears, Aluminum Flywheel & driveshaft, Adjustable Panhard Rod, BMR adj. uca & lca, BMR relo. brackets, BMR Springs with 1.5" drop, BMR adj. swaybar, BMR tubular K member 1/2 drop motor mounts & BMR tubular A arms, steeda alu. rad. support, aluminum water pump pully, 85mm BBK TB, Rear seat delete. Boss oil cooler, Battery in trunk. AC delete, Evap delete
brianw64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:48 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
It's all about what you want. I got a premium because its my daily driver and enjoyed the little interior improvements.
Tmenzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 02:14 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto111 View Post
Is it worth it to drink water to survive ? Does a bear crap in the woods? Lol
Haha I needed to laugh.been a lil stressed at work ha

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
Absolutely it's worth it. It costs less and if you can live with out the creature comforts you'll actually be saving weight as well
Yea that's what I'm debating n tryin to convince myself.going from a premium to a base.i guess I could always by the premium steering wheel n I could put a system in it guess its not so bad.after its about the engine rt?

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

Well guys thanks for the advice.im still on the lookout for a good reasonable mileage n price premium 5.0 but till then imma look for a base too.i would get the 13 but payment wise out range but ill be satisfied with an 11-12
Old 05-14-2013, 03:41 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

As the 5.0 is going into the third year on the maket, more and more are going to become available. Be patient and get the one you want. I just picked up an 11 premium with 30k miles that looks like it just came out of the showroom. Prices are coming to you.
Kona Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 04:41 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona Mike View Post
As the 5.0 is going into the third year on the maket, more and more are going to become available. Be patient and get the one you want. I just picked up an 11 premium with 30k miles that looks like it just came out of the showroom. Prices are coming to you.
Well I'm still looking around for a good one. Li really want a premium so maybe ill wait till the 13s get lower.besides I still need to pay a lil more down so I don't have a negative but well see what happens.thanks guys
Old 05-14-2013, 04:52 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
I really really enjoy my premium. But before this i had never had power locks or windows lol... But saving money on a base opens windows to make it your own ground up... Chin spoilers, louvers... Just whatever your into. My leather seats are holding up well but i do take very good care of them... Conditioning and all. Are the premium options worth the extra 1,000-1,500 give or take? For me they were... My car was an investment... I dont flip cars i usually pay them off

Borla Exhaust Review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eZpnBuQiag

GT500 Muffler sound clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkGKwxQkTc8
Filth and Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:00 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

It is all about what you want but I wouldnt settle for something you really dont want. I dont like cloth and wouldnt buy it. I also like heated seats in the winter! I also have kids so cloth is a NO GO! Leather is so much easier just to wipe down even though there is ABSOLUTELY no eating or drinking in my car. By me or my kids! LoL. If you like cloth then absolutely get what you want! To each their own Good luck on your search
Old 05-14-2013, 06:21 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filth and Fury View Post
I really really enjoy my premium. But before this i had never had power locks or windows lol... But saving money on a base opens windows to make it your own ground up... Chin spoilers, louvers... Just whatever your into. My leather seats are holding up well but i do take very good care of them... Conditioning and all. Are the premium options worth the extra 1,000-1,500 give or take? For me they were... My car was an investment... I dont flip cars i usually pay them off
I mean to me I don't race but I like to drive fast and now that I had my 10gt I got bored n I want more power.i would mostly just get ab and apparance.therfore il be on the look out

---------- Post added at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangchassy View Post
It is all about what you want but I wouldnt settle for something you really dont want. I dont like cloth and wouldnt buy it. I also like heated seats in the winter! I also have kids so cloth is a NO GO! Leather is so much easier just to wipe down even though there is ABSOLUTELY no eating or drinking in my car. By me or my kids! LoL. If you like cloth then absolutely get what you want! To each their own Good luck on your search
I see where you getting at.its hard to find a good 11-12 premium with a good miles.most are over 30000 n trying to find something a lil lower.i was just asking if its worth it to go from leather to cloth.to me me its cheaper since ill be payin on my own but trying to keep a budget as well ya know.im still keeping a look out but now a 4.6 is getting boring or me n I need a lil more fun and the 5.0 is fun after I test drove one so I'm in love now haha
Old 05-14-2013, 06:27 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchred2010gt View Post

I mean to me I don't race but I like to drive fast and now that I had my 10gt I got bored n I want more power.i would mostly just get ab and apparance.therfore il be on the look out

---------- Post added at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 PM ----------

I see where you getting at.its hard to find a good 11-12 premium with a good miles.most are over 30000 n trying to find something a lil lower.i was just asking if its worth it to go from leather to cloth.to me me its cheaper since ill be payin on my own but trying to keep a budget as well ya know.im still keeping a look out but now a 4.6 is getting boring or me n I need a lil more fun and the 5.0 is fun after I test drove one so I'm in love now haha
I hear ya. The original one I test drove was an automatic but I was soooo in love with it...it had a lot of extra options and cost 45K MSRP. I wanted that car soooooo bad but then reality hit me...I dont want a payment that much. ...would the bank approve that...holy crap that is a lot to pay for a car, and I could get a boss for the price of that 5.0. It was hard to let that one go. LOL. like someone else mentioned and has a great point. If you go base. You have the potential to make.it much more yours ya know?! I mean do I think it is worth it to get a 5.0 then hell yes...I used to have a 4.6 too.
Old 05-14-2013, 06:52 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Also, if you're worried about it, you could just spend some time shopping around. You may find the deal you're looking for on a Premium. I did and I am in love, sir.
Mod List: H&R Super Sport Springs, Eibach Camber Bolts, Steeda Panhard Bar, BBK Cold Air Intake, Stack Racing Chrome Strut Tower Bar, Boss 302 Coil Pack Covers, Barton Shifter, Barton 2 Post Bracket, 4.10 Gear, 2013 Track Pack Wheels, QA1 Single Adjustable Rear Shocks, Roush Axle-back exhaust, CDC Chin Spoiler, Saleen Grille,
Defiant 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 07:03 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I hear ya. The original one I test drove was an automatic but I was soooo in love with it...it had a lot of extra options and cost 45K MSRP. I wanted that car soooooo bad but then reality hit me...I dont want a payment that much. ...would the bank approve that...holy crap that is a lot to pay for a car, and I could get a boss for the price of that 5.0. It was hard to let that one go. LOL. like someone else mentioned and has a great point. If you go base. You have the potential to make.it much more yours ya know?! I mean do I think it is worth it to get a 5.0 then hell yes...I used to have a 4.6 too.
I hear ya bro I test drive a 2012 premium kona blue track pack.and I just fell in love but for some reason I didn't feel like i they wanted to give a me a deal on a trade.ancira cheve felt like they didnt really want to give me business.wish I won the lottery I would buy one a get her supercharged

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiant 5.0 View Post
Also, if you're worried about it, you could just spend some time shopping around. You may find the deal you're looking for on a Premium. I did and I am in love, sir.
Yea I'm trying to keep myself from rushing but still going to keep shopping.

---------- Post added at 07:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

I appreciate y'all's input guys.normally I would be frowned upon cause I have a 2010 and wouldn't get noticed.and like I said now that I got good credit i have the chance for the coyote n be part of the 5.0 family ha
Old 05-14-2013, 07:03 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I hear ya bro I test drive a 2012 premium kona blue track pack.and I just fell in love but for some reason I didn't feel like i they wanted to give a me a deal on a trade.ancira cheve felt like they didnt really want to give me business.wish I won the lottery I would buy one a get her supercharged

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 PM ----------

Yea I'm trying to keep myself from rushing but still going to keep shopping.
Good idea..I shopped for a while.before I bought mine. Walked away from a few dealerships because they didnt wanna do the right deal. Soooo hard lol
Old 05-14-2013, 07:11 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Good idea..I shopped for a while.before I bought mine. Walked away from a few dealerships because they didnt wanna do the right deal. Soooo hard lol
Well I had a salesman do my trade value then he said he had to get his manager to see n he didn't want to see n automatically said I'd be in a negative big time i was like damn dude atleast come see it but I didn't feel like they wanted to do business.in a way I understand but I'm still a customer so show appreciation that I came to your dealership.either way found that they sold a week later so wasnt mad
Old 05-14-2013, 07:21 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Well I had a salesman do my trade value then he said he had to get his manager to see n he didn't want to see n automatically said I'd be in a negative big time i was like damn dude atleast come see it but I didn't feel like they wanted to do business.in a way I understand but I'm still a customer so show appreciation that I came to your dealership.either way found that they sold a week later so wasnt mad
Had a dealership do that with us. Low ball us on our trade. We traded my husbands 09 jeep wrangler. Walked from them. Went to another dealer. Hagled a lil on the trade with them...they quoted site unseen for what I wanted out of it and we had on our financing already pre approved...so I bought there. They were outstanding. You can find a dealer that will work for ya. For sure.
Old 05-14-2013, 07:25 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Had a dealership do that with us. Low ball us on our trade. We traded my husbands 09 jeep wrangler. Walked from them. Went to another dealer. Hagled a lil on the trade with them...they quoted site unseen for what I wanted out of it and we had on our financing already pre approved...so I bought there. They were outstanding. You can find a dealer that will work for ya. For sure.
Yea I felt the same with ancira low ball big time.i could get get a 13 gt base or premium for sure but the payment is just not in my budget.and the person I dealt with at ford was very helpful just don't like the payment.but got to say I love the front end of the 13.either way i still want a 5.0
Old 05-15-2013, 01:31 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Im in sa too lol ever go to any meets?

Old 05-15-2013, 07:17 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yea I felt the same with ancira low ball big time.i could get get a 13 gt base or premium for sure but the payment is just not in my budget.and the person I dealt with at ford was very helpful just don't like the payment.but got to say I love the front end of the 13.either way i still want a 5.0
+1
Old 05-15-2013, 07:21 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Go on the last day of the month.
Kona Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:36 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Im in sa too lol ever go to any meets?
Naw.everyone I knew that had stangs either sold it cause they couldn't hold a job due to partying ha or got married n n need permission to drive their gt so I'm the only one left.you
Old 05-15-2013, 08:04 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

I just bought a '14 GT (non-premium) with the Brembo and tech packages. I'm not a big fan of leather seats and I don't need some dash timer telling me how quick I can do a -60 or quarter mile. I wouldn't have minded the nicer stereo (but the base one is more than adequate even with the windows down), but all in all I have zero regrets for not buying the GT Premium. For me it wasn't worth the ~$4000 cost even though I could have easily afforded it.
SpaceFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 02:38 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceFish View Post
I just bought a '14 GT (non-premium) with the Brembo and tech packages. I'm not a big fan of leather seats and I don't need some dash timer telling me how quick I can do a -60 or quarter mile. I wouldn't have minded the nicer stereo (but the base one is more than adequate even with the windows down), but all in all I have zero regrets for not buying the GT Premium. For me it wasn't worth the ~$4000 cost even though I could have easily afforded it.
So the new non premium comes with options?
Old 05-15-2013, 02:43 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Sure does. Mine was a touch over $31K with the tech and brembo packages (with my dad's employee discount).
Old 05-15-2013, 09:02 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiant 5.0 View Post
i shopped around for mine for almost a month everyday on the net till one came up. It is a 5.0 premium, and had only 17k on it.. i just got it about 4 months ago for close to $26. its fully loaded its my everyday driver/street rod. but I love all the extra features. good luck on the search, time is money.
Jsmorley81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:50 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
I ended up with the premium, and I personally love it. I've had leather in my past few cars (Honda Prelude and Audi A4) going back 10+ years I had cloth, and I have cloth in my Saturn Vue daily driver. Honestly though my favorite feature is the sync, I listen to tons of music, and it's all on my phone. It depends on what you really want. Before I got it, I wouldn't have known how much I'd love the sync, and if the pricing hadn't worked out, I was perfectly fine with getting a base. I was that in love with the love, the sound, the power, etc. It came down to me saying to myself "I want that engine." everything else was take or leave haha.
DeJoe8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:13 AM   #29
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Congrats on the purchase! Now get to modding lol. Just make sure you start with suspension, trust me (and 98% or everyone on here will agree) 420 hp is not lacking at all in the motor, but mustangs suck at getting that power to the ground without upgrades

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:18 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeJoe8 View Post
Honestly though my favorite feature is the sync, I listen to tons of music, and it's all on my phone. It depends on what you really want. Before I got it, I wouldn't have known how much I'd love the sync, and if the pricing hadn't worked out, I was perfectly fine with getting a base.
I love the SYNC too - that's why I got the tech package on my base one. Thank god it's not buggy like the MFT Sync I had on the Focus ST I traded in for the car. And yes, asking people on a forum which is better isn't the answer - it depends on what the buyer wants in the car.
Old 05-16-2013, 05:33 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceFish View Post
Sure does. Mine was a touch over $31K with the tech and brembo packages (with my dad's employee discount).
That's crazy I didn't know that the 13s came with options like that

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsmorley81 View Post
i shopped around for mine for almost a month everyday on the net till one came up. It is a 5.0 premium, and had only 17k on it.. i just got it about 4 months ago for close to $26. its fully loaded its my everyday driver/street rod. but I love all the extra features. good luck on the search, time is money.
Nice.i had found a grabber blue a couple day with the track pack which is what I want cause the 3.73 gears leather n shaker 500.but sadly they just sold it but either way I'm still on the hunt

---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 PM ----------

Quote:
I ended up with the premium, and I personally love it. I've had leather in my past few cars (Honda Prelude and Audi A4) going back 10+ years I had cloth, and I have cloth in my Saturn Vue daily driver. Honestly though my favorite feature is the sync, I listen to tons of music, and it's all on my phone. It depends on what you really want. Before I got it, I wouldn't have known how much I'd love the sync, and if the pricing hadn't worked out, I was perfectly fine with getting a base. I was that in love with the love, the sound, the power, etc. It came down to me saying to myself "I want that engine." everything else was take or leave haha.
Yea I'm not really picky it'll be a dd no track.only cause I want to keep the warranty just in case but with my 10gt I have the track pack n love the 373s.i like leather n the shaker I was just asking if it worth going from that back to cloth although ill never talk down.buti appreciate your input n will be searching even harder to find the rt one
Old 05-16-2013, 10:15 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

So the new non premium comes with options?
Yea man every saturday night theres a meet at Texaco on potranco and 151 from around 6-10 or so. Lots of stangs and cobras.

Old 05-16-2013, 10:29 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
I'd probably say go and check some of them out! Do a test drive on the new ones. To me, the engine is the only thing that matters. I know a lot of people, like some have mentioned here, that don't like the leather. You can def do what SpaceFish did by not getting the premium, but still adding in things like the tech package and stuff if those are features you wanted. Might save you a few bucks, only reason I got the premium was it was on the lot, and I told them "give me a reason to take that one and not order one" and they did
DeJoe8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 01:03 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yea man every saturday night theres a meet at Texaco on potranco and 151 from around 6-10 or so. Lots of stangs and cobras.
I know I usually see bikes around there but I have to check it

---------- Post added at 01:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 AM ----------

Quote:
I'd probably say go and check some of them out! Do a test drive on the new ones. To me, the engine is the only thing that matters. I know a lot of people, like some have mentioned here, that don't like the leather. You can def do what SpaceFish did by not getting the premium, but still adding in things like the tech package and stuff if those are features you wanted. Might save you a few bucks, only reason I got the premium was it was on the lot, and I told them "give me a reason to take that one and not order one" and they did
Hmm ya know then i might go that route if I don't find a 11-12 premium.and y'all are rt it's about te engine.i don't race but I love to go fast n 315hp is getting boring.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:13 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I know I usually see bikes around there but I have to check it

---------- Post added at 01:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 AM ----------

Hmm ya know then i might go that route if I don't find a 11-12 premium.and y'all are rt it's about te engine.i don't race but I love to go fast n 315hp is getting boring.
Im gonna go tomorrow night. Shoot me a pm if you wanna meet up.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT