Roush AB with Resonator delete? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-14-2013, 05:27 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Roush AB with Resonator delete?

Hey everyone, i tried searching everywhere but was only able to find one vid on youtube, but the quality was horrible. So i was wondering if anyone has heard this setup. Would it actually make it louder? I know it will probably increase drone, but thats ok. Unfortunately im not able to get rid of the cats and do an o/r xpipe, because i cant get a tune without voiding my warranty, which im not willing to do. But I would like a bit more sound. Recommendations anyone?
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2013, 05:50 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Its very loud, it didn't sound too bad on my buddies car but he quickly switched over to the SW catback.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:55 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman33 View Post
Its very loud, it didn't sound too bad on my buddies car but he quickly switched over to the SW catback.
So it will definitely give me more sound then?
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2013, 07:06 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
I also wanna know what's the advantage sound wise of removing the resonators??
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 07:17 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
It made a night and day difference with my Gt500's with a O/R-X. When the were on it was still tame but loud when you wanted. Without them, it's so much more throaty at idol and a lot deeper and louder growl at WOT. I wish I had a before and after video.
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 07:27 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC_SmOziLLa View Post
It made a night and day difference with my Gt500's with a O/R-X. When the were on it was still tame but loud when you wanted. Without them, it's so much more throaty at idol and a lot deeper and louder growl at WOT. I wish I had a before and after video.
So you definitely noticed a difference? ive heard it really wakes up the gt500 mufflers. But haven't heard anything with the roush. Like i said drone isnt an issue for me. I just want more sound, since i cant really do anything else without voiding my warranty. If you dont mind me asking how much did it run you? I called a midas (only 2 miles from my house) today and the guy said around $150, which seemed completely outrageous for something like this.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:03 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post

So you definitely noticed a difference? ive heard it really wakes up the gt500 mufflers. But haven't heard anything with the roush. Like i said drone isnt an issue for me. I just want more sound, since i cant really do anything else without voiding my warranty. If you dont mind me asking how much did it run you? I called a midas (only 2 miles from my house) today and the guy said around $150, which seemed completely outrageous for something like this.
That's what I payed. They did great work. I know some people got it done for cheaper. But whatever, they're good guys at the Midas by me and they did great work. No leaks and beautiful welds.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:09 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

That's what I payed. They did great work. I know some people got it done for cheaper. But whatever, they're good guys at the Midas by me and they did great work. No leaks and beautiful welds.
Fair enough. Might try and get it done this week, theres a midas right next to my work as well, so maybe i can get them to knock it out on my lunch break.
Old 05-15-2013, 07:12 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
I have my resonators removed and I have the Roush, at start up when its cold and your standing behind the car its LOUD. After it comes down from its high idle they sound great and when you open it up even better. All my friends love the sound.

New Orleans FaceBook Mustang Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/NewOrleansS550/
rm2092 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:31 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm2092 View Post
I have my resonators removed and I have the Roush, at start up when its cold and your standing behind the car its LOUD. After it comes down from its high idle they sound great and when you open it up even better. All my friends love the sound.
Did you notice a difference tho afterwards? Did the tone actually get louder at cruising speeds?
Old 05-15-2013, 07:53 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Its not bad at all with the windows up and no drone, just remove them you will love it.
Oh ya the resonators were already off before I had the Roush exhaust on.

New Orleans FaceBook Mustang Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/NewOrleansS550/
rm2092 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:52 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Is a cat back system a resonator delete??
Old 05-15-2013, 09:00 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2 View Post
Most catback systems, if not all of them, don't have resonators. My Flowmaster catback did not, and it was 3" the whole way back.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:19 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Im just going to get them to cut out the stock resonators and weld in straight pipes.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:18 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
i have the roush ABs with resonator deletes. it did make a difference. slowing down in gear just makes me hard, it sounds so damn good. if i had a video camera i would show you. and it only cost 100 bucks. if you hate it or it doesnt make a difference. it was only 100 bucks.
Brembo Brake package, 3.73s, Roush axle-back exhaust, 20% tint all around, All lights and reflectors tinted gun smoke, 20X8.5 and 20x10 wheels and tires, Lowered 1.5" with Eibach pro springs, J&M panhard bar, BBK CAI, Bama 93R tune, JLT oil separator, Black "5.0" badge, Black billet shift knob
Yuckooo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:31 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuckooo13 View Post
i have the roush ABs with resonator deletes. it did make a difference. slowing down in gear just makes me hard, it sounds so damn good. if i had a video camera i would show you. and it only cost 100 bucks. if you hate it or it doesnt make a difference. it was only 100 bucks.
That sold me lol. Unfortunately ive got no time off before i leave for vaca on Saturday. So i guess ill have to wait until i get back.
Old 05-15-2013, 11:16 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Most catback systems, if not all of them, don't have resonators. My Flowmaster catback did not, and it was 3" the whole way back.
O ok, I just have axlebacks and was wondering if deleting the resonators vs replacing the over the axle backs would make a substantial difference in sound
Old 05-15-2013, 12:11 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

O ok, I just have axlebacks and was wondering if deleting the resonators vs replacing the over the axle backs would make a substantial difference in sound
You'd end up with the same result unless you went up to 3" pipe. The nice thing about just deleting the resonators is its a lot cheaper than buying new OTA Pipes without them. If your wanting to wake up your borlas just a touch more, 86ing the resonators is the way to go.
Old 05-15-2013, 12:33 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuckooo13 View Post
i have the roush ABs with resonator deletes. it did make a difference. slowing down in gear just makes me hard, it sounds so damn good.
+1 on this. Previous owner put Roush AB on my 11 GT and the sound while slowing down is amazing. Nice gurgle / muffled popping on downshifting. I'll wear out the clutch before the brakes, but, yeah, it sounds too damn good. After reading this thread, i had to look and see if the resonators are still there. Once I figured out what to look for, they are still in place.

My only negative about the Roush, I think they are a little too sharp / raspy during hard acceleration.
11RaceRedGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 12:52 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Ehhh on second thought, I may hold off on deleting them. The roush ABs get EXTREMELY raspy without the resonators. Just found this vid on another mustang forum. Listen to all that rasp, dont know if i could live with it.
Old 05-15-2013, 01:48 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post
Ehhh on second thought, I may hold off on deleting them. The roush ABs get EXTREMELY raspy without the resonators. Just found this vid on another mustang forum. Listen to all that rasp, dont know if i could live with it.
Right below that link, a guy has a vid of with and without, I'll def be leaving mine now.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 01:59 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

Right below that link, a guy has a vid of with and without, I'll def be leaving mine now.
Oh man, didnt even see that one. Yeah im with you, definitely gonna pass. Glad I found these.
Old 03-01-2015, 11:50 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
I know this is an old forum but I happened to stumble upon it lol... Evil2014GT how much louder did the high flow cats make your roushs? I am debating getting cat deletes or high flow cats right now and I can't decide.
kaveh14GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 11:56 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Judging by the op's signature it doesn't look like that warranty lasted very long...
DWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 12:06 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Way to resurrect an almost 2 year old thread. I don't even think the OP is on here anymore.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 04:20 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I honestly think that the Roush AB sounds best by itself...

2013 Sterling Grey GT/Brembo package/upper and lower Billet grill/SR Performance lowering springs/J&M adjustable panhard bar/Roush axel back/AEM CAI
Eric5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 05:23 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
Way to resurrect an almost 2 year old thread. I don't even think the OP is on here anymore.
Just for the record I'm not the one that resurrected this thread. Just gotta clear the air on this.
DWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 05:29 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

I know. Kaveh14GT did
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 06:34 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post

Lol doesn't mean someone else can't answer it for him

2013 Sterling Grey GT/Brembo package/upper and lower Billet grill/SR Performance lowering springs/J&M adjustable panhard bar/Roush axel back/AEM CAI
Eric5oh is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT