2014 Mustang GT - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-16-2013, 05:21 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Gotta love a clean black car. Looks pretty familiar

I also have the outlaws. I like them, they've got some real bark to them. They do mellow out after being on the car for a while, but they're still very rumbly low in the rpms, and aggressive under load. The drone isn't as bad as a lot of guys will tell you - 2k rpms crusing at 70mph, it is noticeable but barely turning on the radio or rolling down the windows and it's gone.

If I had the cash, I would have gotten the borla's though.
Marcie; Black 2013 GT. MT82, .373, track + brembo, JLT CF CAI, Boss Manifold, MGW StS, Blowfish Trans Bracket & Driveshaft Loop, Whiteline trans bushing, RP motor & tranny oils, Flowmaster Outlaws, BMR UCA w/ mount, LCA w/ relo brackets, panhard, SR springs, KONI oranges, J&M CC plates, staggered leguna secas, MT street comps
***A good driver is the best method to get more performance out of any car. ***
AXLEBACKS THREADS =
Rynarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2013, 05:37 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rynarok View Post
Gotta love a clean black car. Looks pretty familiar

I also have the outlaws. I like them, they've got some real bark to them. They do mellow out after being on the car for a while, but they're still very rumbly low in the rpms, and aggressive under load. The drone isn't as bad as a lot of guys will tell you - 2k rpms crusing at 70mph, it is noticeable but barely turning on the radio or rolling down the windows and it's gone.

If I had the cash, I would have gotten the borla's though.
I'm gonna do some thinking. May wait till next paycheck and save up

2014 Mustang GT Premium w/Track Pack - Stock... for now.
cstone94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:12 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

Borla S-Types
+1. Borla is the only way to go IMO...and Welcome BTW
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2013, 09:45 PM   #39

i have flowmaster outlaws on my 2011, they sound great and super low. but get ready for a whole new level of drone brother..
KonaBlueBryar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:53 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
This is why you should get Borla. Very deep, and that's with the side dumps closed.http://youtu.be/W6Xe6IOq3HI
Joyride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:06 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
I've heard on other threads that they might well call Flowmaster - Dronemasters... With anything u do with these cars, at the end of the day, u get what u pay for... If certain parts cost a lot, there's a good reason for it
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:13 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2 View Post
I've heard on other threads that they might well call Flowmaster - Dronemasters... With anything u do with these cars, at the end of the day, u get what u pay for... If certain parts cost a lot, there's a good reason for it
+1
Old 05-17-2013, 02:31 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

get Roush, they are quiet when cruising, very loud at WOT, and have no drone. all for a reasonable price
Old 05-21-2013, 11:55 PM   #44

Region: Oregon
Borlas 4 sure.
Old 05-22-2013, 01:22 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I have the outlaws. I love the snap crackle pop gurgle sound. And when i get on it my ears just get all fuzzy
BUSHGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 02:03 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Ordering Borla's. Figured I would get a quality product that will last forever and sounds mean as hell. Thanks for all the help! I'll post pics and videos when they are installed!
Old 05-22-2013, 02:12 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstone94 View Post
Ordering Borla's. Figured I would get a quality product that will last forever and sounds mean as hell. Thanks for all the help! I'll post pics and videos when they are installed!
+1
Old 05-23-2013, 01:07 PM   #48

Region: Asia
If you're considering axel backs just for the sound, there's a much cheaper DIY option (free) which takes probably 15mins of your time.

There's a sound tube under the hood of your car that, as the name suggests, transfers sound from the engine to the cabin. Now that sound tube is insulated with a few pieces of sponge which can be removed to increase audiblilty of that glorious V8 sound.

Check out you tube for tutorials.
Jacub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:08 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacub View Post
If you're considering axel backs just for the sound, there's a much cheaper DIY option (free) which takes probably 15mins of your time.

There's a sound tube under the hood of your car that, as the name suggests, transfers sound from the engine to the cabin. Now that sound tube is insulated with a few pieces of sponge which can be removed to increase audiblilty of that glorious V8 sound.

Check out you tube for tutorials.
That is nothing like having axle backs. Not even close.
Old 05-23-2013, 01:43 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

That is nothing like having axle backs. Not even close.
Well for the cabin members, it will sound like it but obviously not for people on the outside.

Just saying its a cheaper option if the issue is the lack of sound inside when driving. But by all means, get those axel backs. They definitely sound and look good. I will consider them when I get my GT in september.
Old 05-23-2013, 01:45 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Well for the cabin members, it will sound like it but obviously not for people on the outside.

Just saying its a cheaper option if the issue is the lack of sound inside when driving. But by all means, get those axel backs. They definitely sound and look good. I will consider them when I get my GT in september.
I think once you get the axle backs on your car, you'll understand it isn't the same, even in the cabin. Still not even close.
Old 05-24-2013, 08:14 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

I know videos don't do exhaust justice but how does the gt500's vs borla's with an O/R Xpipe compare?
Old 05-24-2013, 08:40 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:

I know videos don't do exhaust justice but how does the gt500's vs borla's with an O/R Xpipe compare?
I had Borla ATAKs w/o cats & it was NASCAR loud wot. I loved it but had to tone it down cause of a new baby & the whole house would shake when I fired those Ataks up on cold start. The GT500s r a lot quieter but still have a good deep rumble and nice tone.
2013 DIB Premium GT/CS, 6MT, Cervinis Ram-Air Hood, RTR Charcoal 19X9.5s, BBK Cat Deletes & X-Pipe, DMH E-Cutouts, GT500 Rear Diffuser w/GT500 Quad-tip Axle-Backs, AED E85 Lope Tune, Boss 302 Intake, BBK 85mm TB, JLT CAI, Dynatech Alum DS, FRPP 3.73's, Eibach Pro-Springs and Pro-Struts/shocks, J&M Adj Panhard Bar, UPR Billet Alum LCA's, BMR UCA & Bracket & Relo Brackets, Eibach Adj Sway Bars, MGW Shifter, Brembo brake kit w/14" slotted 2 piece Boogie Full Tilt Racing Rotors, Llumar 30/5 Tint
Jetag93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:47 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetag93 View Post
I had Borla ATAKs w/o cats & it was NASCAR loud wot. I loved it but had to tone it down cause of a new baby & the whole house would shake when I fired those Ataks up on cold start. The GT500s r a lot quieter but still have a good deep rumble and nice tone.

So, since I don't have a baby, at least 1 I don't know about , and I'm a teenager, I should go with Borla's?

Whats the difference in the S-Types and ATAK's?

When you say w/o cats, do you mean you had the O/R X-Pipe installed too, or are there cats before axle-backs that don't get deleted with the x-pipe?

Sorry for all the questions!
Old 05-24-2013, 09:11 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Also, I'm almost at 1000 miles on the car, talk about a lot of cruising! Should I be getting ready to get the break-in oil changed out at 1500? Is Royal Purple + Motorcraft filter the way to go here? I've hear people using Mobil 1 but I know it isn't a true synthetic anymore.
Old 05-24-2013, 09:27 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Also, I'm almost at 1000 miles on the car, talk about a lot of cruising! Should I be getting ready to get the break-in oil changed out at 1500? Is Royal Purple + Motorcraft filter the way to go here? I've hear people using Mobil 1 but I know it isn't a true synthetic anymore.
I love RP. Best stuff. I only used that in my 07 GT. Havent had to do an oil change yet in my 13.
Old 05-24-2013, 09:36 AM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangchassy View Post

I love RP. Best stuff. I only used that in my 07 GT. Havent had to do an oil change yet in my 13.
+1. I use RP, and motorcraft filters
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:42 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
I think you should go with roush, I bought them a couple of months ago and never regretted it
GT fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:06 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post
+1. I use RP, and motorcraft filters

That's what I thought.

Is 1500 Miles a good time to change the oil if its been driven pretty hard and driven normal?

Also, are the Ford Racing filters a good upgrade for the Motorcrafts?
Old 05-24-2013, 10:08 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:

That's what I thought.

Is 1500 Miles a good time to change the oil if its been driven pretty hard and driven normal?

Also, are the Ford Racing filters a good upgrade for the Motorcrafts?
Not sure what ford recommends, check your owners manual, but i did my first oil change at about 1200. Just incase
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:08 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT fanatic View Post
I think you should go with roush, I bought them a couple of months ago and never regretted it

Just the axle-backs? How do they sound compared to Borla S-Types with and without an O/R X-Pipes? How much were they shipped to your door?
Old 05-24-2013, 10:30 AM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

So, since I don't have a baby, at least 1 I don't know about , and I'm a teenager, I should go with Borla's?

Whats the difference in the S-Types and ATAK's?

When you say w/o cats, do you mean you had the O/R X-Pipe installed too, or are there cats before axle-backs that don't get deleted with the x-pipe?

Sorry for all the questions!
Yes. Off road x or h pipe deletes cats. U can't go wrong with borlas. Stypes have a more muffled deeper sound than Ataks.
2013 DIB Premium GT/CS, 6MT, Cervinis Ram-Air Hood, RTR Charcoal 19X9.5s, BBK Cat Deletes & X-Pipe, DMH E-Cutouts, GT500 Rear Diffuser w/GT500 Quad-tip Axle-Backs, AED E85 Lope Tune, Boss 302 Intake, BBK 85mm TB, JLT CAI, Dynatech Alum DS, FRPP 3.73's, Eibach Pro-Springs and Pro-Struts/shocks, J&M Adj Panhard Bar, UPR Billet Alum LCA's, BMR UCA & Bracket & Relo Brackets, Eibach Adj Sway Bars, MGW Shifter, Brembo brake kit w/14" slotted 2 piece Boogie Full Tilt Racing Rotors, Llumar 30/5 Tint
Old 05-24-2013, 10:36 AM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yes. Off road x or h pipe deletes cats. U can't go wrong with borlas. Stypes have a more muffled deeper sound than Ataks.

Okay, do they also delete resonators? I'm not even sure resonators are, never dealt with them. But of course, this is my first car newer than a 1995 .

I'm looking for a deep sound, not too raspy and no crackle and pop every time I let off the gas, so Borla's and a O/R pipe sounds like my next upgrade.

Should I get a tuner first, or exhaust?
Old 05-24-2013, 10:49 AM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

I would do stype borlas then suspension, mgw shifter & then o/r x or h pipe w/tune from Shaun at AED.
Old 05-24-2013, 10:52 AM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I would do stype borlas then suspension, mgw shifter & then o/r x or h pipe w/tune from Shaun at AED.

Sweet man, thanks for the help. Do I have to take the car to Shaun at AED for him to tune it, or will he send tunes I can install with a tuning handheld or PC?
Old 05-24-2013, 11:06 AM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

U'll need sct tuner. U'll send him data logs taken with a laptop and tuner so he can check ur current engine output & make sure all is ok. Then he sends u a tune to data log with again. Next he'll send u a revised final tune specific to ur car. Imo this is a much safer process than a canned email tune like bama. U can buy the tuner from AED too.
Old 05-24-2013, 11:22 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
U'll need sct tuner. U'll send him data logs taken with a laptop and tuner so he can check ur current engine output & make sure all is ok. Then he sends u a tune to data log with again. Next he'll send u a revised final tune specific to ur car. Imo this is a much safer process than a canned email tune like bama. U can buy the tuner from AED too.
So I'll need to be somewhere with a dyno to get all this info?

2014 Mustang GT Premium w/Track Pack - Stock... for now.
Old 05-24-2013, 11:44 AM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

So I'll need to be somewhere with a dyno to get all this info?
U can do it by remote dyno tune with Shaun or while driving on back roads. Dyno is safer obviously.
Old 05-24-2013, 12:14 PM   #69

very interesting and informative read here. I dont mean to steal the thread but I just want ask a related question; is tuning required whether a cat-back or axle back is replaced?
Old 05-24-2013, 12:15 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
very interesting and informative read here. I dont mean to steal the thread but I just want ask a related question; is tuning required whether a cat-back or axle back is replaced?
Nope.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT