2014 Mustang GT - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-16-2013, 10:02 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Martinsville
Region: Virginia
Posts: 227
2014 Mustang GT

Hey guys, new here and to the Mustang world as well! I just got a 2014 Mustang GT Premium, black exterior and interior. It's pretty much just the base model premium, which is fine by me. I love the car, and so does everyone else! People break their necks when I stroll by.

I was looking into getting some axle-backs because I can just barely hear the exhaust when I'm cruising. I heard the Flowmaster Outlaw Series and I love the way they sound, and the price is good too! I'm not looking for cheaper stuff, I want quality at a good price. I then found the Kooks axle-back and they sound really good. So I'm stuck between them. What do y'all think has the best overall sound?

I'll post pictures and maybe just make this my modification thread!

- Carson
cstone94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-16-2013, 11:00 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by cstone94 View Post
Hey guys, new here and to the Mustang world as well! I just got a 2014 Mustang GT Premium, black exterior and interior. It's pretty much just the base model premium, which is fine by me. I love the car, and so does everyone else! People break their necks when I stroll by.

I was looking into getting some axle-backs because I can just barely hear the exhaust when I'm cruising. I heard the Flowmaster Outlaw Series and I love the way they sound, and the price is good too! I'm not looking for cheaper stuff, I want quality at a good price. I then found the Kooks axle-back and they sound really good. So I'm stuck between them. What do y'all think has the best overall sound?

I'll post pictures and maybe just make this my modification thread!

- Carson
Borla S-Types
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:12 AM   #3
Registered User
Newbie
 
13stang5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Lake worth
Region: Florida
Posts: 17
I didn't want an obnoxious exhaust like I had on my Trans am (slp loudmouth) so I got the ford racing gt500 exhaust and its not to loud , not to quiet
13stang5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-16-2013, 11:17 AM   #4
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
Gt500 is a step up for sure, still a little quiet IMO, but I also loved the volume of the roush with offroad exhaust lol. If you're staying catted, roush is actually a pretty good way to go. The kooks axlebacks are supposed to sound similar to gt500 but louder, and I have the FRPP sport which sound damn near identical to the borla s-types, I think the only sound difference comes from the tip size. I have had the hushpowers in the past, kind of a dull sound and drone like crazy when catless. FRPP sports/ borla s-types are perfect IMO.
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:27 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Evil2014GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern VA
Region: Alabama
Posts: 1,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13stang5.0 View Post
I didn't want an obnoxious exhaust like I had on my Trans am (slp loudmouth) so I got the ford racing gt500 exhaust and its not to loud , not to quiet
Psshhh. You want a loud trans am, i had a thunder racing cam, LT headers, x-pipe, and dump offs on mine haha. That thing was loud haha.

As for the OP borla seems to be the favorite around here, but is a little pricey. Personally I love my Roush, but heard it gets pretty unbearable with basically anything other than just the axlebacks.
__________________
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:22 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Martinsville
Region: Virginia
Posts: 227
Thanks for the replies! I need to listen to the Borla axle-backs and see which I like better. Eventually I'm going to do the works with Long Tubes, OR X-Pipe, and whatever axle-backs I get. I'm not sure if I will stay catless or not. I'm going to keep all my factory equipment just in case I don't like the way one part I get sounds or looks.

What did y'all do first to your mustang? Is axle-backs a good starting point?
cstone94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:36 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Evil2014GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern VA
Region: Alabama
Posts: 1,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by cstone94 View Post
Thanks for the replies! I need to listen to the Borla axle-backs and see which I like better. Eventually I'm going to do the works with Long Tubes, OR X-Pipe, and whatever axle-backs I get. I'm not sure if I will stay catless or not. I'm going to keep all my factory equipment just in case I don't like the way one part I get sounds or looks.

What did y'all do first to your mustang? Is axle-backs a good starting point?
Thats where i started. Axlebacks, bigger rims/tires, suspension, barton 2-post bracket is the order i did mine in.
__________________
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:38 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Martinsville
Region: Virginia
Posts: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post
Thats where i started. Axlebacks, bigger rims/tires, suspension, barton 2-post bracket is the order i did mine in.
I'm saving half of the paycheck I get every 2 weeks to save for wheels and tires. Hopefully I'll only have to pay half and get the other half for my birthday.

I need to decide on what axle-backs so I can get them by tomorrow from American Muscle!
cstone94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:41 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Evil2014GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern VA
Region: Alabama
Posts: 1,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by cstone94 View Post

I'm saving half of the paycheck I get every 2 weeks to save for wheels and tires. Hopefully I'll only have to pay half and get the other half for my birthday.

I need to decide on what axle-backs so I can get them by tomorrow from American Muscle!
Haha check out the axleback videos American muscle has on youtube. They have great comparisons over stock. Helped me make my decision.
__________________
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:48 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
tj@steeda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Georgia
Posts: 1,139
Here is a video of the Steeda Axle-Back Exhaust:

Steeda 2011-14 Mustang 5.0L GT Axle-Back Exhaust Sound Clip - YouTube

A less restrictive exhaust path enhances performance, and this axle-back Steeda system features an authoritative tone with minimal drone, direct bolt-in installation and a Limited Lifetime Warranty. Stainless Steel construction with polished rolled tips for a great appearance.

Note: Saves 22 pounds over your stock exhaust system!

Here is just one one customer review:

[QUOTE][Install went super easy and gave me the sound i was looking for. Not obnoxious like them fart cans found on hondas... also like the fact that they reduce weight! Great job Steeda[QUOTE]


If you are looking for quality and a company that has manufacturing, design, and engineering facilities here in the U.S.A. ... then look further than Steeda.

Best Regards,

TJ
__________________
Steeda Autosports
Valdosta, GA & Pompano Beach, FL
Mustang Performance Products
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:48 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Martinsville
Region: Virginia
Posts: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post
Haha check out the axleback videos American muscle has on youtube. They have great comparisons over stock. Helped me make my decision.
Just looked at a Borla S-Type and they do sound really nice...
cstone94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:51 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
redbeast0712's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Nevada
Posts: 545
I have the flow master outlaws and at first they have tons of drone but I have had them for a while now and they don't have any drone. They sounds amazing too. If I wasn't on a budget at the time I would of got Borlas for sure.
redbeast0712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:57 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jetag93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 382
GT500s



__________________
2013 DIB Premium GT/CS, 6MT, Cervinis Ram-Air Hood, RTR Charcoal 19X9.5s, BBK Cat Deletes & X-Pipe, DMH E-Cutouts, GT500 Rear Diffuser w/GT500 Quad-tip Axle-Backs, AED E85 Lope Tune, Boss 302 Intake, BBK 85mm TB, JLT CAI, Dynatech Alum DS, FRPP 3.73's, Eibach Pro-Springs and Pro-Struts/shocks, J&M Adj Panhard Bar, UPR Billet Alum LCA's, BMR UCA & Bracket & Relo Brackets, Eibach Adj Sway Bars, MGW Shifter, Brembo brake kit w/14" slotted 2 piece Boogie Full Tilt Racing Rotors, Llumar 30/5 Tint
Jetag93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:02 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Martinsville
Region: Virginia
Posts: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbeast0712 View Post
I have the flow master outlaws and at first they have tons of drone but I have had them for a while now and they don't have any drone. They sounds amazing too. If I wasn't on a budget at the time I would of got Borlas for sure.

I think I like the outlaws better actually... I think I'm ordering them.
cstone94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:59 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
redbeast0712's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Nevada
Posts: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by cstone94 View Post

I think I like the outlaws better actually... I think I'm ordering them.
There beast man! I wish I could be there when you first start them up so I can see the look on your face lol.
redbeast0712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 02:07 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbeast0712 View Post

There beast man! I wish I could be there when you first start them up so I can see the look on your face lol.
Then I want to be there when you take the cats off and realize how bad the drone is.

Lol.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 02:10 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
redbeast0712's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Nevada
Posts: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

Then I want to be there when you take the cats off and realize how bad the drone is.

Lol.
Yeah I wouldn't suggest taking off cats with these exhaust for sure lol. You would never be able to hear your self.
redbeast0712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 02:13 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbeast0712 View Post

Yeah I wouldn't suggest taking off cats with these exhaust for sure lol. You would never be able to hear your self.
Haha I couldn't with the roush. That's why I recommend people think ahead all the time. Everyone wants to recommend these exhausts and ignore the persons goals down the road. I lost 250 dollars because I had to get the borlas and wasn't gonna be able to sell the roush for 469 used.

Live and learn but I try and give that advise on here. I wish I had done suspension earlier too. Next car I get will be done completely differently.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 02:24 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
redbeast0712's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Nevada
Posts: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

Haha I couldn't with the roush. That's why I recommend people think ahead all the time. Everyone wants to recommend these exhausts and ignore the persons goals down the road. I lost 250 dollars because I had to get the borlas and wasn't gonna be able to sell the roush for 469 used.

Live and learn but I try and give that advise on here. I wish I had done suspension earlier too. Next car I get will be done completely differently.

Yeah I understand that. For me I don't mind, the exhaust wasnt that much I got a deal for 320. If I was to go get an x pipe I would do the same thing you did. I still love hearing the sound everyday.
redbeast0712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 02:29 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbeast0712 View Post

Yeah I understand that. For me I don't mind, the exhaust wasnt that much I got a deal for 320. If I was to go get an x pipe I would do the same thing you did. I still love hearing the sound everyday.
At the end of the day everyone should do what makes them happy. Honestly. I just wish half these people could sit in a car with some of the exhaust types mentioned and an o/r x and realize how bad it is.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 02:32 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
redbeast0712's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Nevada
Posts: 545
I agree man off road x pipes change the exhaust completely. If I ever did o/r x I would for sure get a tame exhaust to keep it down a bit, I might even reuse the oem system.
redbeast0712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 02:35 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbeast0712 View Post
I agree man off road x pipes change the exhaust completely. If I ever did o/r x I would for sure get a tame exhaust to keep it down a bit, I might even reuse the oem system.
Ahhh don't use the stock mufflers tho. They make a funny pinging noise. Do Gt500 if you want close to stock while cruizing but blaring loud under WOT.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 02:39 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
redbeast0712's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Nevada
Posts: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

Ahhh don't use the stock mufflers tho. They make a funny pinging noise. Do Gt500 if you want close to stock while cruizing but blaring loud under WOT.
Not a bad idea. Idk though I got other thing to get done first before digging into the exhaust. Later down the road I want to get the quad exhaust setup from borla, would those be to aggressive you think?
redbeast0712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 02:48 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbeast0712 View Post

Not a bad idea. Idk though I got other thing to get done first before digging into the exhaust. Later down the road I want to get the quad exhaust setup from borla, would those be to aggressive you think?
No sir that would be amazing. I can tell you cruising they are not terrible loud. I know mine are not the quads and they might be a little louder but I doubt so while cruising. For WOT though they sound amazing and definitely break all legal limits. For cruising and normal driving I am quieter than semi trucks so I've never been worried about cops.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 03:01 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
redbeast0712's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Nevada
Posts: 545
Cool man thanks. I will be doing this for sure.
redbeast0712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 03:23 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbeast0712 View Post
Cool man thanks. I will be doing this for sure.
Your going to love it. In was down with a few of the guys on here and we have me with Borla Stingers and another guy with Ford Racing Sports and a guy with GT500s and another with quad GT500.

The sports and stingers hands down sounded the best. The sports and stingers sound identicalish. The stingers have 4" tips and sports 3" tips which we thought was probably the cause.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 03:27 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
redbeast0712's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Nevada
Posts: 545
I have always loved the sound of Borlas, never had them though.
redbeast0712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 03:55 PM   #28
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

Your going to love it. In was down with a few of the guys on here and we have me with Borla Stingers and another guy with Ford Racing Sports and a guy with GT500s and another with quad GT500.

The sports and stingers hands down sounded the best. The sports and stingers sound identicalish. The stingers have 4" tips and sports 3" tips which we thought was probably the cause.
Yours have 4.5" tips and mine are 3.5"
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 03:57 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
Yours have 4.5" tips and mine are 3.5"
I think I had 4" stuck in my head because that is what you said last saturday haha. Making me into a liar!
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:03 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
DWC_SmOziLLa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lancaster
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

I think I had 4" stuck in my head because that is what you said last saturday haha. Making me into a liar!
That's sounds real dirty. I thought we were trying to keep it pg-13
__________________
Best 1/4: 1.90 60ft. - 12.15 @ 119mph on Street Tires.
460.25rwhp & 408.28rwtq SAE on a Dynojet 224xLC
Tuned by Matt Lepkowski, owner and operator a Performance Evolution in Smyrna, DE.
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:04 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC_SmOziLLa View Post
That's sounds real dirty. I thought we were trying to keep it pg-13
Long as he admitted my tips are bigger we can keep it whatever you want!
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:25 PM   #32
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

Long as he admitted my tips are bigger we can keep it whatever you want!
I'm not sure where you think you were last Saturday lol
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:27 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post

I'm not sure where you think you were last Saturday lol
Haha. No ones judging!
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:34 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Martinsville
Region: Virginia
Posts: 227
I could careless if its too loud to have a conversation. It's not gonna be a family car, its gonna be a track and weekend warrior. Haha. I have big plans for it and the title will be in my name until I'm dead! If I don't like the mufflers when I change something, I'll get different ones, if I do like them still, then I'll keep them.

I've never been a huge fan of borla, they just don't appeal to me. I've always loved flowmaster, it's like the classic muscle muffler.

Thanks for the laughs with the comments and the support!
__________________
2014 Mustang GT Premium - Flowmaster Outlaw Axle-Backs, 125 Shot NX Plate. - Totaled (not my fault)

2014 Mustang GT Premium w/Track Pack - Stock... for now.
cstone94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:37 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Martinsville
Region: Virginia
Posts: 227
Some pictures I took the first day I got it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130516_173503.png
Views:	236
Size:	736.7 KB
ID:	108546



Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130516_173512.png
Views:	238
Size:	679.1 KB
ID:	108547

The red trans am is my friends, he also has a 1970 challenger with a 360 with side exit exhaust. If I can have a conversation in that, I can handle some drone... Plus, who wants to talk when you can listen to a nasty V8 cruisin down the road??
__________________
2014 Mustang GT Premium - Flowmaster Outlaw Axle-Backs, 125 Shot NX Plate. - Totaled (not my fault)

2014 Mustang GT Premium w/Track Pack - Stock... for now.
cstone94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



08:42 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.