My Custom RTR in Dark Bronze - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-16-2013, 10:24 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
My Custom RTR in Dark Bronze

So here they are. What does everyone think?

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130516_112308.png
Views:	545
Size:	1.61 MB
ID:	108468

Name:	ForumRunner_20130516_112324.png
Views:	592
Size:	1.49 MB
ID:	108469

Name:	ForumRunner_20130516_112350.png
Views:	469
Size:	1.47 MB
ID:	108470

Name:	ForumRunner_20130516_112406.png
Views:	517
Size:	1.99 MB
ID:	108471
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2013, 10:28 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
I love them. Great choice. But the big question is, what do you think?

Btw, it's about time. Lol

How'd the repair turn out?
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:29 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Looks sweet it's darker than I thought it was going to be which is a good thing, to me though from the pics almost looks black got any closer shots of them?
Jayday20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2013, 10:30 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC_SmOziLLa View Post
I love them. Great choice. But the big question is, what do you think?

Btw, it's about time. Lol

How'd the repair turn out?
I love them. 3 weeks of waiting and I am beyond pleased.

Can't even tell they were damaged. They fixed the dents and scrapes perfectly.

---------- Post added at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayday20 View Post
Looks sweet it's darker than I thought it was going to be which is a good thing, to me though from the pics almost looks black got any closer shots of them?
Lemme take one.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:31 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Name:	ForumRunner_20130516_113115.png
Views:	982
Size:	1.68 MB
ID:	108472
Old 05-16-2013, 10:34 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Nice now that's better I can see the bronze now those look awesome bet they look good in the sunlight!
Jayday20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:35 AM   #7
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
That looks really good, I was kinda worried for you they would turn out bright ricer bronze or even gold, but that looks great!

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:41 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

I wasn't sure when you posted a few weeks ago but now I'm sold on them.. Very nice, one of the few times where curb rash ended up being beneficial haha.. Next we need a picture of them with black tire walls
KARgt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:43 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayday20 View Post
Nice now that's better I can see the bronze now those look awesome bet they look good in the sunlight!
Yeah they do! Thanks!

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
That looks really good, I was kinda worried for you they would turn out bright ricer bronze or even gold, but that looks great!
I was very specific with them not to do that. I would have been so mad haha. Thanks!

---------- Post added at 11:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by KARgt13 View Post
I wasn't sure when you posted a few weeks ago but now I'm sold on them.. Very nice, one of the few times where curb rash ended up being beneficial haha.. Next we need a picture of them with black tire walls
Yeah they turned out great! I need to clean the tires now. Have the spray just haven't done it yet. Don't worry. Coming soon! Yeah seems to be the case a lot of ways. Some kind of accident happens and then better things come.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:44 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Looks awesome. In sunshine it should look fantastic.
2013 DIB Premium GT/CS, 6MT, Cervinis Ram-Air Hood, RTR Charcoal 19X9.5s, BBK Cat Deletes & X-Pipe, DMH E-Cutouts, GT500 Rear Diffuser w/GT500 Quad-tip Axle-Backs, AED E85 Lope Tune, Boss 302 Intake, BBK 85mm TB, JLT CAI, Dynatech Alum DS, FRPP 3.73's, Eibach Pro-Springs and Pro-Struts/shocks, J&M Adj Panhard Bar, UPR Billet Alum LCA's, BMR UCA & Bracket & Relo Brackets, Eibach Adj Sway Bars, MGW Shifter, Brembo brake kit w/14" slotted 2 piece Boogie Full Tilt Racing Rotors, Llumar 30/5 Tint
Jetag93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:05 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetag93 View Post
Looks awesome. In sunshine it should look fantastic.
Thanks! Yeah I think so too. It has been overcast all morning so I am waiting to see that. The shop that did my rims likes the color so much they are going to do their shop owned Audi A4 that has Avant Garde rims styled like mine the same. Changed the owners mind around on doing bronze since he said he usually hates it. Guess he hasn't done a dark bronze enough!
Old 05-16-2013, 12:08 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Nice!!! One day, I will also have a set of RTR's!
Mod List: H&R Super Sport Springs, Eibach Camber Bolts, Steeda Panhard Bar, BBK Cold Air Intake, Stack Racing Chrome Strut Tower Bar, Boss 302 Coil Pack Covers, Barton Shifter, Barton 2 Post Bracket, 4.10 Gear, 2013 Track Pack Wheels, QA1 Single Adjustable Rear Shocks, Roush Axle-back exhaust, CDC Chin Spoiler, Saleen Grille,
Defiant 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:13 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

Yeah they do! Thanks!

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 AM ----------

I was very specific with them not to do that. I would have been so mad haha. Thanks!

---------- Post added at 11:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 AM ----------

Yeah they turned out great! I need to clean the tires now. Have the spray just haven't done it yet. Don't worry. Coming soon! Yeah seems to be the case a lot of ways. Some kind of accident happens and then better things come.
Be careful with most tire cleaners on the fresh powdercoat. Some of them can be pretty harsh for the coating. When you're cleaning your wheels, just use soap and water. Meguires quick detailer is good way to shine them up without compromising the coating.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:37 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Thanks! Yeah I think so too. It has been overcast all morning so I am waiting to see that. The shop that did my rims likes the color so much they are going to do their shop owned Audi A4 that has Avant Garde rims styled like mine the same. Changed the owners mind around on doing bronze since he said he usually hates it. Guess he hasn't done a dark bronze enough!
Cool! When powder coating do u get a choice of shine levels? Flat vs satin vs gloss?
2013 DIB Premium GT/CS, 6MT, Cervinis Ram-Air Hood, RTR Charcoal 19X9.5s, BBK Cat Deletes & X-Pipe, DMH E-Cutouts, GT500 Rear Diffuser w/GT500 Quad-tip Axle-Backs, AED E85 Lope Tune, Boss 302 Intake, BBK 85mm TB, JLT CAI, Dynatech Alum DS, FRPP 3.73's, Eibach Pro-Springs and Pro-Struts/shocks, J&M Adj Panhard Bar, UPR Billet Alum LCA's, BMR UCA & Bracket & Relo Brackets, Eibach Adj Sway Bars, MGW Shifter, Brembo brake kit w/14" slotted 2 piece Boogie Full Tilt Racing Rotors, Llumar 30/5 Tint
Old 05-16-2013, 12:47 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Looks really good!! Way better than I even imagined to anticipate!! While maintaining the black look with a subtle hint of copper was very well done... Glad to see u finally deblinged your 5.0 badge too!!
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:12 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
They turned out nice, exact color I had pictured in my head.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:16 PM   #17
Sad Panda
Staff

98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 02:24 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiant 5.0 View Post
Nice!!! One day, I will also have a set of RTR's!
Thanks! I hope you do!

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

Quote:

Be careful with most tire cleaners on the fresh powdercoat. Some of them can be pretty harsh for the coating. When you're cleaning your wheels, just use soap and water. Meguires quick detailer is good way to shine them up without compromising the coating.
How long should I wait?

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

Quote:

Cool! When powder coating do u get a choice of shine levels? Flat vs satin vs gloss?
Uh I dunno? I never asked. Smozilla should be able to answer this since he was in the buiz.

---------- Post added at 03:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2 View Post
Looks really good!! Way better than I even imagined to anticipate!! While maintaining the black look with a subtle hint of copper was very well done... Glad to see u finally deblinged your 5.0 badge too!!
Thanks man! It does fit it just subtle enough to make people look twice. Yes finally got rid of all the chrome!!!!

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
They turned out nice, exact color I had pictured in my head.
Thanks!

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverskoundrel View Post
Old 05-16-2013, 03:02 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yes. Your choices are only limited by your imagination. There are so many different companies making powder now. I've seen all the way from chalkboard flat to a almost wet shiney gloss. Even if they don't have that specific color in flat or gloss, you can add a clear on top to achieve your goal. Most solid colors are all semi-gloss, most metallics are by nature kind of flat in shine, and most metallics also require a clear on top to protect the metallic particles that are in the powder. Without a clear they can corrode. There's a few companies that make awesome single stage metallics, such as the flat dark bronze that nosympathy has, that can stand up to the elements. I'd bet a good amount of money that your powder came from Prismatic Powders. You can even get crazy textures like veins, hammertones, rough, fine, wrinkles, and more. I've even seen glow in the dark powder, it cost an insane amount just for the powder. To put it in perspective, nosympathy probably paid for about 40-50 worth of powder. If he did them glow in the dark, it woul have been about 250-300 worth. That's not including the labor and normal costs for the job, that's just the powder.

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy
How long should I wait?
You're good, as soon as that stuff comes out the oven and cools, it's as ready for the world as it can be.
Old 05-16-2013, 03:14 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yes. Your choices are only limited by your imagination. There are so many different companies making powder now. I've seen all the way from chalkboard flat to a almost wet shiney gloss. Even if they don't have that specific color in flat or gloss, you can add a clear on top to achieve your goal. Most solid colors are all semi-gloss, most metallics are by nature kind of flat in shine, and most metallics also require a clear on top to protect the metallic particles that are in the powder. Without a clear they can corrode. There's a few companies that make awesome single stage metallics, such as the flat dark bronze that nosympathy has, that can stand up to the elements. I'd bet a good amount of money that your powder came from Prismatic Powders. You can even get crazy textures like veins, hammertones, rough, fine, wrinkles, and more. I've even seen glow in the dark powder, it cost an insane amount just for the powder. To put it in perspective, nosympathy probably paid for about 40-50 worth of powder. If he did them glow in the dark, it woul have been about 250-300 worth. That's not including the labor and normal costs for the job, that's just the powder.

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------

You're good, as soon as that stuff comes out the oven and cools, it's as ready for the world as it can be.
I'll find the stuff I was gonna use and let ya know what it is. It is like a wax cleaner combo. I liked it because it removed that funky brown color these tires keep getting. I am guessing since they are far stickier and softer than my pirellis they are just holding dirt really well. Also for the prices you are about dead on. Thanks man!

I was told cost was gonna be 500 but ended up being 440. I think that is because they liked the bronze so much and wanted to put my rims on their website and so discount for use on the site . From what they said they are going to start selling bronze a lot. They did say they would make my color disapear off the books if I wanted to stay very unique. I didn't really care since that seems silly to hide a color from someone else who may want it. Chances I will run into anyone with dark bronze wheels like mine are probably very very slim.
Old 05-16-2013, 03:23 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
I think something in the cleaner causes them to brown. I've had it happen with some cleaners and not with others on the same tires.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 03:24 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
I think something in the cleaner causes them to brown. I've had it happen with some cleaners and not with others on the same tires.
That'd been my soap then. Been using turtle wax ice soap. I've only used the cleaner I was referring too once because the tires were brown.
Old 05-16-2013, 03:53 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

well glad I didn't use it and decided to wait. Reading around online looks like this stuff just destroys powder coated wheels. It is the Turtle Wax Platinum Wheel Cleaner. Guess I'll be throwing that away.
Old 05-16-2013, 04:07 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Wow thanks for the info.
Old 05-16-2013, 04:08 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Wow thanks for the info.
No prob. Sorry for the lecture.
Old 05-16-2013, 04:11 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Wow thanks for the info.
Told you he'd give you an answer.
Old 05-16-2013, 05:37 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Looks good.
cheelyb09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:49 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

No prob. Sorry for the lecture.
Don't be. I like a well explained answer.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:36 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
looks really awesome man. I was iffy at first, then you posted up some pictures of your inspiration, which looked good, and honestly I think it came out even better. Different and awesome!
DeJoe8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:16 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheelyb09 View Post
Looks good.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeJoe8 View Post
looks really awesome man. I was iffy at first, then you posted up some pictures of your inspiration, which looked good, and honestly I think it came out even better. Different and awesome!
haha I think a lot of people were iffy when i said bronze. Lot of people going, "thank god that isn't going on my car" and now they can all be mad that bronze looks amazing.

Thanks!
Old 05-16-2013, 11:35 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Thanks!

haha I think a lot of people were iffy when i said bronze. Lot of people going, "thank god that isn't going on my car" and now they can all be mad that bronze looks amazing.

Thanks!
LOL, damn right!!!
DeJoe8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:45 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Looks good, i like it a lot!
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 05:47 PM   #33
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Your car is looking good man, like the rims, gas cap on the back and the vinyl on your fender.

Where did you get the vinyl from. I want it in red for my car. Thank's
racksteris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 05:53 PM   #34
slow281
Regular
Supporter

Region: Nebraska
Quote:

Thanks!

Thanks!
I like it! But take some bleach white too the tires..
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
sixpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:01 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
So here they are. What does everyone think?
What exhaust tips do you run?
FORDuhl6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT