Rousch Springs/Control Arms - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-16-2013, 10:36 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Rousch Springs/Control Arms

Hey guys, returning to the forums after just picking up a 2014 black 5.0 a few weeks back. The car currently has the GT Track Package along with a SW catted x-pipe and Rousch axle backs.

This is my first manual transmission and im planning on bringing it to the track in the next month or so. I plan on putting the Rousch Stage 1 blower on in the fall, but for now im looking at suspension upgrades.

I was told my best bet is to go with the Rousch upper/lower control arms along with the Rousch xtreme lowering springs. Do any of you guys have this setup already? Under the description, it says not recommended for supercharged applications, what is the reason for this? Thanks.
tigerfan2771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2013, 10:44 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan2771 View Post
Hey guys, returning to the forums after just picking up a 2014 black 5.0 a few weeks back. The car currently has the GT Track Package along with a SW catted x-pipe and Rousch axle backs.

This is my first manual transmission and im planning on bringing it to the track in the next month or so. I plan on putting the Rousch Stage 1 blower on in the fall, but for now im looking at suspension upgrades.

I was told my best bet is to go with the Rousch upper/lower control arms along with the Rousch xtreme lowering springs. Do any of you guys have this setup already? Under the description, it says not recommended for supercharged applications, what is the reason for this? Thanks.
I vote BMR long before roush.

They may be saying not for supercharged applications because they may not be sturdy enough without welding them in place.

You will want a complete suspension.

Shocks and struts
springs
strut mounts
panhard bar
lca
relo brackets for lca
uca
bracket for uca

also you may want to consider a new shifter from MGW or Barton or if not that far a two post bracket from say Barton to keep the sloppy shifter in place.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:57 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post
I vote BMR long before roush.

They may be saying not for supercharged applications because they may not be sturdy enough without welding them in place.

You will want a complete suspension.

Shocks and struts
springs
strut mounts
panhard bar
lca
relo brackets for lca
uca
bracket for uca

also you may want to consider a new shifter from MGW or Barton or if not that far a two post bracket from say Barton to keep the sloppy shifter in place.
Is all of that really necessary? Im not looking to lower the car very much. The shop im talking to is one of the best around and that is what he recommended me doing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2013, 10:59 PM   #4
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Quote:

First off welcome!

Now to answer your questions, I believe the reason it says the springs are not for supercharged applications is because the springs may not have high enough rates to support the extra weight of the blower.

Either way I would look into other brands, there are many other better brands that can be had for less. For springs I would look at BMR, Steeda, FRPP just to name a few.

I would look into replacing many suspension components before adding any power mods. I personally feel the single largest change in my driving experience came with changing the springs and dampers. The Koni dampers I run have greatly reduced body roll, dive, and squat. I would do those first without a doubt if I did it all again, as would many others on here that I have spoken to.

Also look into new lower control arms and relocation brackets (to reset the suspension geometry when lowered), then the upper control arm and mount (helps to eliminate wheel hop and drivetrain mush). All of these components are stamped steel (super flimsy) from the factory and the bushings are soft rubber, higher durometer bushing and cast/billet aftermarket parts offer far more rigidity to your suspension, without being overly harsh.

Finally you'll need wider shoes for the new power of the blower.

Good luck modding and I hope this helps. If you have more specific questions then fire away or shoot me a PM.

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:07 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Another concern of mine is keeping the factory warranty. Im not sure how other aftermarket parts will affect this, but I was under the assumption that the Rousch parts would not void any part of it. Seems kind of silly I can put a blower on it and retain the warranty, but cant put just a tune.

Also, whats the largest tire that would fit on the 19*9 track package rim? Id like to run 285's in the back.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:13 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Another concern of mine is keeping the factory warranty. Im not sure how other aftermarket parts will affect this, but I was under the assumption that the Rousch parts would not void any part of it. Seems kind of silly I can put a blower on it and retain the warranty, but cant put just a tune.

Also, whats the largest tire that would fit on the 19*9 track package rim? Id like to run 285's in the back.
well with suspension nothing is going to void your warranty. Just say you put a roush UCA on your car and it were to break and the axle broke free and tore the car to hell and back and damaged the drive shaft and whatever else in its path. Your going to be at fault to fix such an issue. This goes for any brand. If you are talking the supercharger then things are a little different. So just the parts you replace won't be covered. Also the reason they don't let you tune but you can put a roush blower on is because the roush tune is Ultra conservative.

biggest tire the track packs should run is a 275.

---------- Post added at 12:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 AM ----------

Quote:
Is all of that really necessary? Im not looking to lower the car very much. The shop im talking to is one of the best around and that is what he recommended me doing.
also yes it is. Just lowering the car an inch for example will cause your LCA to have an improper angle, ruin your pinion angle and shift your rear axle off. Also the stock dampers suuuuuck.
Old 05-17-2013, 05:28 AM   #7
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:

Any and all aftermarket parts you install can potentially void your warranty. If the dealer can prove your modification caused part failure then your warranty on that part may be void.

Trust me when I say it's not safe to just "assume" roush parts will not void your warranty. Motorcraft parts can void your warranty if they are not installed by a dealer or installed properly.

As far as widest tires in track pack wheels, just like nosympathy said, 275 or maybe even 285 is the biggest

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 05-17-2013, 07:25 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post

First off welcome!

Now to answer your questions, I believe the reason it says the springs are not for supercharged applications is because the springs may not have high enough rates to support the extra weight of the blower.

Either way I would look into other brands, there are many other better brands that can be had for less. For springs I would look at BMR, Steeda, FRPP just to name a few.

I would look into replacing many suspension components before adding any power mods. I personally feel the single largest change in my driving experience came with changing the springs and dampers. The Koni dampers I run have greatly reduced body roll, dive, and squat. I would do those first without a doubt if I did it all again, as would many others on here that I have spoken to.

Also look into new lower control arms and relocation brackets (to reset the suspension geometry when lowered), then the upper control arm and mount (helps to eliminate wheel hop and drivetrain mush). All of these components are stamped steel (super flimsy) from the factory and the bushings are soft rubber, higher durometer bushing and cast/billet aftermarket parts offer far more rigidity to your suspension, without being overly harsh.

Finally you'll need wider shoes for the new power of the blower.

Good luck modding and I hope this helps. If you have more specific questions then fire away or shoot me a PM.
What is drivetrain mush?
Joyride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:12 AM   #9
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyride View Post

What is drivetrain mush?
Sorry, it's just my personal slang term for the way the soft bushing in the stock upper control arm absorbs some of the inertia transmitted through the DS in the differential. I could tell a slight difference in acceleration when I installed me UPR uca, not that it accelerates faster, but that it kicked in a little quicker. With the stock rubber bushing the uca allows for more side to side movement of the differential than the higher durometer poly bushings do.

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 05-17-2013, 09:39 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Yea I remember on another thread DWC_Smozilla showed a video that showed how sloppy the rubber bushings were on a car with a cam attached near the rear while driving
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT