MGW shifter question - Page 12 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-17-2013, 07:05 PM   #386
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBlueGT View Post
Just installed my mgw

And a nice little shift knob
Badass!
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2013, 07:15 PM   #387
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Thanks! Looks sweet to me.

Cant wait until tomorrow when the silicone dries and i feel that bad boy
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 11:09 PM   #388
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Hell yeah. I keep looking down at mine while I'm driving. Lol, it's very distracting, it's so cool.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2013, 09:25 PM   #389
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
I know I've said it before, but I just want to let you guys know George (owner of MGW) is an awesome guy. I fully believe he would give you the shirt off his back if you needed it. Not many ppl out there like that anymore.

Thanks George.
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:27 PM   #390
Registered Member
Regular

Love their products!
Old 07-25-2013, 09:30 PM   #391
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBlueGT View Post
Love their products!
They are unbeatable and 100% American made. They take pride in what they do. Totally worth the price and wait.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:32 PM   #392
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post

They are unbeatable and 100% American made. They take pride in what they do. Totally worth the price and wait.
No wait here. Only two day delivery, actually only one because they couldn't ship until i called back choosing a shifter handle.
Thanks mgw
Old 07-25-2013, 09:40 PM   #393
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
I'm upgrading to that from my Barton shifter which is still a great shifter I might add!! Wanna see firsthand the praise its been getting... They're sending out the next batch of MT82 shifters the end of next week
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:42 PM   #394
Registered Member
Regular

You'll love it. Cant really get any better.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:43 PM   #395
Registered Member
Regular

Oh yea btw he also has a boss he has the Laguna Seca though
Old 07-25-2013, 10:39 PM   #396
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
They're sending out the next batch of MT82 shifters the end of next week
Yeah, unfortunately.....we hit it exactly at the wrong time. Ordered one a couple of weeks ago and it wont ship till the end of NEXT week......tic toc, tic toc...
2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 705.11rwhp 5.33pulley/Torque Booster Wastegate
Deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:59 AM   #397
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Dang I like this new version! I have a version from about 1 year ago. I picked up off a buddy who was selling/trading his 2011 car. It was a little dinged up (he had one of the problem 2011's with a bad mt-82) from the dealer taking it in and out of the car. It has the black knob too. The lower box bushings are worn a bit and the reverse pin is chewed up but still works great for the price (300$). I called MGW to order some replacement parts for it and they told me to remove the shifter from the car and send it into them for a complete top to bottom rebuild FREE!! Now that's bad a$$!!
2013 5.0 m6 base 3.31's tint 20in Shelby razors 255/35/20 falken fk 452's koni srt.t's sr springs j&m phb gt500 mounts upr rear billet lower ca's upr brackets upr adjustable upper ca flowmaster at classics steeda cat deletes airaid cai premium st brace jlt catch can MGW shifter and blk ball. Currently bama tuned 400hp 383tq. Zex blackout kit w/msd digital window switch, fpss, zex bottle heater, bottle opener, blow down, and purge with a dyno tune coming soon..
ddinn25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 07:18 AM   #398
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Yeah, I'm waiting for my new shifter to arrive too. Ordered it three weeks ago, so thinking it won't be much longer....
Old 07-26-2013, 07:35 AM   #399
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddinn25 View Post
Dang I like this new version! I have a version from about 1 year ago. I picked up off a buddy who was selling/trading his 2011 car. It was a little dinged up (he had one of the problem 2011's with a bad mt-82) from the dealer taking it in and out of the car. It has the black knob too. The lower box bushings are worn a bit and the reverse pin is chewed up but still works great for the price (300$). I called MGW to order some replacement parts for it and they told me to remove the shifter from the car and send it into them for a complete top to bottom rebuild FREE!! Now that's bad a$$!!
Exactly what I'm talking about. You can't beat these guys.
Old 08-18-2013, 08:33 PM   #400
Registered Member
Regular

Well I guess I will drag up this thread again. The MGW is worth dragging back in the mix. I put mine on over w/e with speedawg ball shifter. Love this very much.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	008.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	906.0 KB
ID:	124565   Click image for larger version

Name:	009.JPG
Views:	171
Size:	1.86 MB
ID:	124566  

2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 08:47 PM   #401
Registered Member
Regular

Looks good man
Old 08-18-2013, 08:51 PM   #402
Registered Member
Regular

Looks good brother. love the shift knob to
Old 08-18-2013, 08:58 PM   #403
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks fellows. I am loving it!!
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
Old 08-18-2013, 09:53 PM   #404
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Looking sweet!
Old 08-19-2013, 12:26 AM   #405
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Just ordered mine since all of you guys say it's the best one, and I hate getting locked out of 3rd..

Hopefully they didn't just send out a shipment a couple of days ago or something..
Gordito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:49 AM   #406
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordito View Post
Just ordered mine since all of you guys say it's the best one, and I hate getting locked out of 3rd..

Hopefully they didn't just send out a shipment a couple of days ago or something..
Mine was supposed to ship last week and didn't. Guess I need to call, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 05:04 AM   #407
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by back n a stang View Post
Well I guess I will drag up this thread again. The MGW is worth dragging back in the mix. I put mine on over w/e with speedawg ball shifter. Love this very much.
Looks good man. Did you have to get any adapters or anything extra to fit your MGW shifter?
Anthony214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:24 AM   #408
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony214 View Post

Looks good man. Did you have to get any adapters or anything extra to fit your MGW shifter?
No
Old 08-19-2013, 07:16 AM   #409
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Last ordered shipped about two weeks ago, probably be another two weeks or so till next batch is fabricated. Worth the wait...
Old 08-19-2013, 02:40 PM   #410
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Be little more specific.
I ordered it with the 12x1.25 OEM option threading.
Then from Speedawg, I ordered the boot adapter along with the ball to get the exact colors I wanted. The ball came standard with a bigger thread tap. They supplied the reducer and all was smooth. I had my factory Aluminum ball on for maybe 12 hours and checked my mail and there it was. Perfect timing. I had to wait weeks for that ball to be made, but well worth the wait. Perfect match to the Grabber Blue insert stripe in my seats.

The shifter is dreamy man! Kicks ***! I took my time doing it and really never ran into any headaches to speak of. As for breaking in, well, it's awesome now from the first test drive. I can't imagine it doing any improvement
Old 08-19-2013, 03:14 PM   #411
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Be little more specific.
I ordered it with the 12x1.25 OEM option threading.
Then from Speedawg, I ordered the boot adapter along with the ball to get the exact colors I wanted. The ball came standard with a bigger thread tap. They supplied the reducer and all was smooth. I had my factory Aluminum ball on for maybe 12 hours and checked my mail and there it was. Perfect timing. I had to wait weeks for that ball to be made, but well worth the wait. Perfect match to the Grabber Blue insert stripe in my seats.

The shifter is dreamy man! Kicks ***! I took my time doing it and really never ran into any headaches to speak of. As for breaking in, well, it's awesome now from the first test drive. I can't imagine it doing any improvement
Sorry about that. I was talking about your shift knob and boot. But you answered all my questions. I liked yours because it had the 5.0 on the side. One thing I don't want to do however is have the shifter in and not the knob. I just can't wait to have the knob on. Those 12 hours would have drove me NUTS!! But man it sure does look purrty. So I'm assuming I'm going to have to wait around the same time for my knob.
Old 08-19-2013, 03:21 PM   #412
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

Mine was supposed to ship last week and didn't. Guess I need to call, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.
Update: Parts from plater was late coming in, they are being assembled today and will ship tomorrow. Whooohooooo!
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 03:38 PM   #413
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
Update: Parts from plater was late coming in, they are being assembled today and will ship tomorrow. Whooohooooo!
Hmm.. I wonder if they'll make mine too...
Gordito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 04:35 PM   #414
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Sorry about that. I was talking about your shift knob and boot. But you answered all my questions. I liked yours because it had the 5.0 on the side. One thing I don't want to do however is have the shifter in and not the knob. I just can't wait to have the knob on. Those 12 hours would have drove me NUTS!! But man it sure does look purrty. So I'm assuming I'm going to have to wait around the same time for my knob.
If you order it like I did just put the stock ball back on. It will be fine. What style or package is your interior? It's no biggie man. Hell, my MGW layed in a box on the floor for a month before I got to it. Just so happen the night I done it my ball was here the next day. Some or a lot of these ball styles are in stock. Just depends on what you are wanting it to look like. You can always buy the MGW ball they sell.There is a few others besides Speedawg as well. I see no problem for ya man. I just like to tastefully color coordinate my stangs. I got a couple red spots now that I will make GB or delete
Old 08-19-2013, 10:41 PM   #415
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

If you order it like I did just put the stock ball back on. It will be fine. What style or package is your interior? It's no biggie man. Hell, my MGW layed in a box on the floor for a month before I got to it. Just so happen the night I done it my ball was here the next day. Some or a lot of these ball styles are in stock. Just depends on what you are wanting it to look like. You can always buy the MGW ball they sell.There is a few others besides Speedawg as well. I see no problem for ya man. I just like to tastefully color coordinate my stangs. I got a couple red spots now that I will make GB or delete
Man I didn't get a fancy interior. Just cloth. It's like a tan color. I noticed the MGW ball they show doesn't have the R on the left. It shows just the 2010 style shifter and didn't see a selection for the newer shifters. Maybe just have to call or something. I like the one with the pony on the side too. Yea I like to color coordinate too not gonna lie. Even sometimes what I wear. What was the hardest part of the install?
Old 08-20-2013, 12:01 AM   #416
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Man I didn't get a fancy interior. Just cloth. It's like a tan color. I noticed the MGW ball they show doesn't have the R on the left. It shows just the 2010 style shifter and didn't see a selection for the newer shifters. Maybe just have to call or something. I like the one with the pony on the side too. Yea I like to color coordinate too not gonna lie. Even sometimes what I wear. What was the hardest part of the install?
Correct pattern sir

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130611_115734.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	443.0 KB
ID:	124783
Old 08-20-2013, 03:48 AM   #417
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post

Correct pattern sir
Did you get that installed in your boss by them? Or did you get it switched after you traded it in? I can't remember if you got the boss before or after
LovinmyGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 06:52 AM   #418
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
They have all you need to do it now man. The pic "black in boss" shows is a optional ball you can just buy from them.
Nothing is hard about install. Just need time and patience. Don't cut no corners. Fellow the install video that's on MGW website. The worst part is the stuff you do from underneath but that's still not bad. If you have tools you got it covered. If you need tools PM me. I sell them for a living.
I recently had surgery on both my hands. One hand, then 3 weeks later the other. Pretty serious and still done the install by myself. Front up on ramps and rear jacked and rested on jack-stands. A/C garage is what made life better for me.
If you are on the fence about getting the MGW.....Get off it and buy it. It's worth it man.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:49 AM   #419
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

They have all you need to do it now man. The pic "black in boss" shows is a optional ball you can just buy from them.
Nothing is hard about install. Just need time and patience. Don't cut no corners. Fellow the install video that's on MGW website. The worst part is the stuff you do from underneath but that's still not bad. If you have tools you got it covered. If you need tools PM me. I sell them for a living.
I recently had surgery on both my hands. One hand, then 3 weeks later the other. Pretty serious and still done the install by myself. Front up on ramps and rear jacked and rested on jack-stands. A/C garage is what made life better for me.
If you are on the fence about getting the MGW.....Get off it and buy it. It's worth it man.
I just don't like the ball with the MGW sign on the side. The one you have is nice. The shifter is a top priority for me. Just waiting on my birthday to come around so I can include this on my list so I won't have to pay for it lol. Yes I would like some tools though. I don't have a torque wrench other various tools like that and I'm planning on doing most of the installs on this car myself. Always wanted to be good in a car garage so that's why I bought this car with minimal spent on it as possible.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:48 AM   #420
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinmyGT View Post

Did you get that installed in your boss by them? Or did you get it switched after you traded it in? I can't remember if you got the boss before or after
I had it installed on my 3.7 by them but I had them switched out to my boss by a local mechanic due to the fact that u needed both cars there. But George at MGW offered to do it for free a second time. They really are great ppl.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT