Thicker adjustable sway bars than stock GT's? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

View Poll Results: Best thicker than stock adjustable sway bars?
Hotchkis 1 14.29%
Eibach 2 28.57%
Other 4 57.14%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-19-2013, 07:29 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Thicker adjustable sway bars than stock GT's?

Hi Guys,

Which thicker adjustable sway bars do you prefer that are bigger than the stock '10-'14 GT sway bars?
2011 GT Premium, Brembo, 3.73, KONI STRT, Steeda Sport springs, GT500 strut mounts, Strano's adjustable swaybars, 275/40R19 Michelin Pilot Super Sport, HAWK HPS, ATE DOT 4, CS style rear pedestal spoiler, AM Eleanor side scoops, "C style" side decals, Black BOSS style roof vinyl, black custom hood vinyl & Black pony.
M3hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2013, 08:13 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
BMR
Boss IM, with Araid cai, bama 93 race tune, GT500 cat back, jba off-road x-pipe & longtubes, mgw shifter,4.10 gears, Aluminum Flywheel & driveshaft, Adjustable Panhard Rod, BMR adj. uca & lca, BMR relo. brackets, BMR Springs with 1.5" drop, BMR adj. swaybar, BMR tubular K member 1/2 drop motor mounts & BMR tubular A arms, steeda alu. rad. support, aluminum water pump pully, 85mm BBK TB, Rear seat delete. Boss oil cooler, Battery in trunk. AC delete, Evap delete
brianw64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:57 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianw64 View Post
BMR
+1
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2013, 09:11 PM   #4
Road Trip!

Eibach the rear sway bar bushing can be replace very easy and the bar can be lower out of the way with out removing it from the car.

The guys at BMR were looking at the Eibach rear sway bar when I took my car there, They pointed features that there bar didn't have LOL.
racksteris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:56 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
BMR or the Ford Racing Sway bars. The Eibach ones are hollow.
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:10 PM   #6
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC_SmOziLLa View Post
BMR or the Ford Racing Sway bars. The Eibach ones are hollow.
Are they? There really heavy for being hollow, really heavy, They must have lead or something in the hollow space.
racksteris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:10 PM   #7
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Op, are you planing to track your car?
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:48 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
I bought some NIB Eibach sways for a 2008 GT500 from a friend, and installed them on my 2011 GT. I already had the Ford Racing adj shocks and springs, so it really firmed things up. I also have Steeda upper & lower arms. No complaints here! Just waiting for my BMR relocation brackets to arrive...
Matt K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:29 AM   #9

Region: North Carolina
BMR lists their front sway bar as hollow on their site.

2005 - 2014 Mustang GT | Sway Bar Kits | SB022 - Sway Bar Kit, Front, Hollow 35mm, 3-hole Adjustable | BMR Suspension - The Leader in High Performance Suspension & Chassis
sloppymax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:04 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
BMR will tell you first hand to not worry about the sways, this is one of the reasons they haven't built a 2011+ specific set yet. I've sat down with Kelly (I sell their product) at great lengths about this. There isn't a want on these yet that's big enough to justify the initial cost of production. Also, on the street you will not notice the benefit of sways. OP are you running your stock wheels and tires? If not what tires are you running? On the street your tires will give out before you will even notice the benefit of aftermarket sways..... or even the stock ones. The koni STR.t's are a great "entry-level" damper set, but if you plan on corner carving you will notice less body roll with a set of adj. dampers than sways. The STR.t's compare to Koni yellows at its softest setting. Getting stiffer sways with soft dampers won't benefit you any.
Old 05-20-2013, 01:33 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Steeda? I have them and they do a good job
Joyride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:14 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

The front BMR swaybar is hollow but let me tell you it is stiff and I have no body roll, I also talked to kelly and the rear swaybar isnt all that important but the front is, dont let the fact that its hollow scare you away, I had roush's swaybar on before the BMR and the roush is solid and HEAVY!!! the BMR is around 25lbs lighter than the solid one and out performs them...BMR's stuff is tested long before they sell it to us and its very good quality, I have the lightweight lower front control arms and those were 11lbs lighter than stock and handle amazing....
Boss IM, with Araid cai, bama 93 race tune, GT500 cat back, jba off-road x-pipe & longtubes, mgw shifter,4.10 gears, Aluminum Flywheel & driveshaft, Adjustable Panhard Rod, BMR adj. uca & lca, BMR relo. brackets, BMR Springs with 1.5" drop, BMR adj. swaybar, BMR tubular K member 1/2 drop motor mounts & BMR tubular A arms, steeda alu. rad. support, aluminum water pump pully, 85mm BBK TB, Rear seat delete. Boss oil cooler, Battery in trunk. AC delete, Evap delete
brianw64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:28 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone View Post
Op, are you planing to track your car?
Yes that is the idea. Also I am planing to later on get a watts link

---------- Post added at 07:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman33 View Post
BMR will tell you first hand to not worry about the sways, this is one of the reasons they haven't built a 2011+ specific set yet. I've sat down with Kelly (I sell their product) at great lengths about this. There isn't a want on these yet that's big enough to justify the initial cost of production. Also, on the street you will not notice the benefit of sways. OP are you running your stock wheels and tires? If not what tires are you running? On the street your tires will give out before you will even notice the benefit of aftermarket sways..... or even the stock ones. The koni STR.t's are a great "entry-level" damper set, but if you plan on corner carving you will notice less body roll with a set of adj. dampers than sways. The STR.t's compare to Koni yellows at its softest setting. Getting stiffer sways with soft dampers won't benefit you any.
That is why I did not consider BMR, no specs for 2011 +
I have 275/40R19 michelin ss in the back and planing to replace the front ones also.
Ihave the koni strt and Steeda sport springs. Great set up
2011 GT Premium, Brembo, 3.73, KONI STRT, Steeda Sport springs, GT500 strut mounts, Strano's adjustable swaybars, 275/40R19 Michelin Pilot Super Sport, HAWK HPS, ATE DOT 4, CS style rear pedestal spoiler, AM Eleanor side scoops, "C style" side decals, Black BOSS style roof vinyl, black custom hood vinyl & Black pony.
M3hunter is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT