After-cat X pipe question - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-20-2013, 04:47 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
After-cat X pipe question

Hey everyone, im looking to get a bit more sound out of my exhaust, but unfortunately due to strict VA emissions, and wanting to keep my warranty I am not able to get rid of the cats. So i was wondering if getting rid of the stock H pipe and getting something like the Pypes after cat X would give me a louder exhaust note. I was also thinking about getting the Heartthrob 3" cat to axle kit, since im considering deleting my resonators as well. The heartthrob kit will actually save me money since then i wont have to pay to have the back of the x pipe welded in, nor pay to have my resonators removed. Ive heard the Heartthob kits have some fitment issues though, which is why im hesitating. so are there any other similar kits you would recommend?? Thanks guys, just trying to figure out what the best option would be for more sound.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2013, 05:39 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
I'm thinking of doin the same think only a bbk after cat
jaymoe5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 06:52 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymoe5555 View Post
I'm thinking of doin the same think only a bbk after cat
I was looking at the bbk, but figured if i was going to remove my resonators as well might as well get the full heartthrob kit and save a ton of money on welding. Just want to know if its actually going to make my car louder.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2013, 06:59 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
I don't know if it will make mine louder or just change the tone I have SLP loudmouht axle backs now
jaymoe5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:37 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymoe5555 View Post
I don't know if it will make mine louder or just change the tone I have SLP loudmouht axle backs now
I know it will change the tone, probably make it raspier as well, but thats ok. Just want more sound lol
Old 05-20-2013, 08:20 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post
I know it will change the tone, probably make it raspier as well, but thats ok. Just want more sound lol
x pipe alone won't really give you more sound...either high flow cats to get a little louder, remove the cats, or do straight pipes.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:31 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

x pipe alone won't really give you more sound...either high flow cats to get a little louder, remove the cats, or do straight pipes.
Ive heard that even with high flow cats you might need a tune. Is that true?
Old 05-20-2013, 08:38 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post

Ive heard that even with high flow cats you might need a tune. Is that true?
Well they can still throw a code sometimes because they are that, high flow cats, and the car isn't tuned for that stock.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:42 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

Well they can still throw a code sometimes because they are that, high flow cats, and the car isn't tuned for that stock.
Yeah thats what i thought. Problem is i cant tune because of the warranty. This sucks lol. Thats the one thing i liked about all my ls1s. No rear 02s haha

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT