Raxiom and HIDs - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-20-2013, 10:57 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Raxiom and HIDs

Just throwing this up there. I know another member did, but I showed what has to happen for them to be installed. Atleast if you get the DDM Tuning HIDs.

So I have the 35W 5000K HIDs.

took about 30 mins with a dremel tool.

These suckers are far brighter than the pictures even show. And sadly enough they produce less heat than the stock H9 bulbs with the Raxioms.

Overall very happy, minus the fact that my foglight 4200K H11 bulbs look yellow. Going to need some 5000K H11 HID fogs to match now. Probably order those shortly and then wait another 3 weeks for them lol.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20130520_223802.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	109416   Click image for larger version

Name:	20130520_223732.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	928.9 KB
ID:	109417  

Name:	20130520_223058.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	1.23 MB
ID:	109418   Click image for larger version

Name:	20130520_225357.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	1.32 MB
ID:	109419  

Name:	20130520_225422.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	1.71 MB
ID:	109420  
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2013, 11:03 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
I just installed my lower fogs from DDM yesterday with 4500k 35W as well, I'm happy with the way they look when theyre on but slightly disappointed that they were substantially bluer than the stocks... My biggest complaint is that I have auto headlights and when I start the car with the auto headlights and it seems to fight for voltage either one or both of them won't light up... When I flick the switch off then on, they light right up
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-1124721049.png
Views:	172
Size:	1.92 MB
ID:	109421   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3621247387.png
Views:	145
Size:	761.1 KB
ID:	109422  

gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:09 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2 View Post
I just installed my lower fogs from DDM yesterday with 4500k 35W as well, I'm happy with the way they look when theyre on but slightly disappointed that they were substantially bluer than the stocks... My biggest complaint is that I have auto headlights and when I start the car with the auto headlights and it seems to fight for voltage either one or both of them won't light up... When I flick the switch off then on, they light right up
interesting. Mine are pretty dead white at 5000K but your headlights being a little warmer does make them look blue. Yeah I did the same thing. Turned the headlights on and then started the car and they both cut out then one managed to turn on. I am thinking I might need the harness deal DDM sells for the fogs to supply them power. Since it is 10 bucks might order 2 to be safe and use them for both the fogs and headlights to solve the voltage issue.
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2013, 11:13 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

interesting. Mine are pretty dead white at 5000K but your headlights being a little warmer does make them look blue. Yeah I did the same thing. Turned the headlights on and then started the car and they both cut out then one managed to turn on. I am thinking I might need the harness deal DDM sells for the fogs to supply them power. Since it is 10 bucks might order 2 to be safe and use them for both the fogs and headlights to solve the voltage issue.
Yea I had 6k HIDs on my last car... Upper and lower with 2 harness and they lit up pretty solid, I figured I could get away not using it this time since on the DDM website it stated it wasn't necessary for the 35W system... I guess I'll just get in the habit of always turning off my fogs and turn the on when I need them... They always fire right up after the car is running... Here's another pic stock vs halogen on the lower
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-3049144072.png
Views:	149
Size:	1.78 MB
ID:	109423  
Old 05-20-2013, 11:33 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Good stuff! Love the way raxioms and HIDs look. I'm getting my grille fogs retrofitted with halos and projectors also so they will match the raxioms.
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:19 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Has anyone's ever smoked before? The 04 gt we have had the bids installed where its only one brightness. We had them install a different type that has two settings and they worked perfect at first even with smoked headlights but soon after one headlight was going out and than they started smoking. They didn't know what was wrong. Any suggestions?
FortyBrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:25 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FortyBrandon View Post
Has anyone's ever smoked before? The 04 gt we have had the bids installed where its only one brightness. We had them install a different type that has two settings and they worked perfect at first even with smoked headlights but soon after one headlight was going out and than they started smoking. They didn't know what was wrong. Any suggestions?
Are you saying they switched to bi-xenons? They probably got way too hot and started melting the housings.
Old 05-21-2013, 01:26 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Yeah I think so. Can you not do that? I'm running regular now and can't see crap
FortyBrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:03 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FortyBrandon View Post
Yeah I think so. Can you not do that? I'm running regular now and can't see crap
No you can not do that. You can either run regular 35W HIDs or you can run the upgraded raxiom bulbs. Either way, the brighter HIDs are known to melt the projectors and in some cases the housings also. Switching to a true Hid projector is also a viable option.

Sorry to thread jack
Old 05-21-2013, 07:18 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yea I had 6k HIDs on my last car... Upper and lower with 2 harness and they lit up pretty solid, I figured I could get away not using it this time since on the DDM website it stated it wasn't necessary for the 35W system... I guess I'll just get in the habit of always turning off my fogs and turn the on when I need them... They always fire right up after the car is running... Here's another pic stock vs halogen on the lower
That looks awesome!
Mooncricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:24 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Just throwing this up there. I know another member did, but I showed what has to happen for them to be installed. Atleast if you get the DDM Tuning HIDs.

So I have the 35W 5000K HIDs.

took about 30 mins with a dremel tool.

These suckers are far brighter than the pictures even show. And sadly enough they produce less heat than the stock H9 bulbs with the Raxioms.

Overall very happy, minus the fact that my foglight 4200K H11 bulbs look yellow. Going to need some 5000K H11 HID fogs to match now. Probably order those shortly and then wait another 3 weeks for them lol.
What kind of bulbs did u get for the upper headlights? Do u have high beams??
Old 05-21-2013, 10:56 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Does anyone know what size bulb i may need for my 13' gtcs fogs? Im assuming a ballast and bulb combo? Ive dealt with DDM before with my 07 zx6r and really like their products. Could anyone maybe point me in the right direction? Just trying to match my fogs as close to my headlights as i can. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Borla Exhaust Review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eZpnBuQiag

GT500 Muffler sound clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkGKwxQkTc8
Filth and Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:08 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filth and Fury View Post
Does anyone know what size bulb i may need for my 13' gtcs fogs? Im assuming a ballast and bulb combo? Ive dealt with DDM before with my 07 zx6r and really like their products. Could anyone maybe point me in the right direction? Just trying to match my fogs as close to my headlights as i can. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Well I dunno if u saw my pics?? But they are a bit more blue than the stock HIDs, so maybe if u can search for 4300K somewhere else besides DDM since they only carry 4500k... I was a bit disappointed at first, but I now like the slight blue effect
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-185311775.png
Views:	116
Size:	761.1 KB
ID:	109519  
Old 05-21-2013, 12:41 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filth and Fury View Post
Get morimoto 35W 4300k H11s. I'm pretty sure that's the size of those fogs
Old 05-21-2013, 12:58 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

What kind of bulbs did u get for the upper headlights? Do u have high beams??
They are H9 bulbs for the raxioms and they don't have a high beam. The raxioms have a lenses that flips open to allow them to shine higher. I can't see needing a high beam with these. I am sure some would want it. I just think they are bright enough.

---------- Post added at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post

Get morimoto 35W 4300k H11s. I'm pretty sure that's the size of those fogs
Fogs are H11.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:26 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

They are H9 bulbs for the raxioms and they don't have a high beam. The raxioms have a lenses that flips open to allow them to shine higher. I can't see needing a high beam with these. I am sure some would want it. I just think they are bright enough.

---------- Post added at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

Fogs are H11.
O ok, just meant it as far as communicating with other drivers... My last car had a single light as well, but when I high beamed, it just shut off... ppl knew what I meant when I did that
Old 05-21-2013, 02:46 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

O ok, just meant it as far as communicating with other drivers... My last car had a single light as well, but when I high beamed, it just shut off... ppl knew what I meant when I did that
Oh if I hit the high beam it just opens up the projector more. Honestly not sure if people would see that or not. Have to ask someone and see.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT