Modern Billet Grille Install Question - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-26-2013, 10:05 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

haha well glad you made it work. If you want some advice with that pony emblem. Clear coat it. Mine was on my car for about 2 years and after the first year maybe, most of the paint had cracked off. It was mostly just a silver horse with silver stripes. That was why I had posted some pictures of it painted. It looks so bad. haha.

was the exact same emblem.
Haha yeah i remember those pics you posted up. It was a good idea tho! I thought about blacking the emblem out as well but decided to hold off for now. The clear coat is a great idea, i will definitely go ahead and do that. Thanks for the heads up.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2013, 10:17 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post
Haha yeah i remember those pics you posted up. It was a good idea tho! I thought about blacking the emblem out as well but decided to hold off for now. The clear coat is a great idea, i will definitely go ahead and do that. Thanks for the heads up.
no problem, I know it is only a $35 emblem, but honestly I dunno what it started really cracking, just that I didn't notice it for a long as time possibly. If you just want it to hold up and be show car quality clear coat is the way to go.
Old 05-26-2013, 10:39 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

no problem, I know it is only a $35 emblem, but honestly I dunno what it started really cracking, just that I didn't notice it for a long as time possibly. If you just want it to hold up and be show car quality clear coat is the way to go.
Might as well. I have a can of clear sitting at the house already.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2013, 01:16 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post

I agree. I couldn't decide between the all black, or the way i put it. But im digging this look now. AM forgot to send me the correct bracket to install the emblem on the billet grille so i had to fab one up in order for it to stay in place. Kinda pissed off they messed up, but whatever, it worked out, and I didn't feel like waiting until Wednesday lol.
I thought of doing that when I put in my Roush grille on my 11, but after leaving it w/o it, I liked the clean look so much better
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-384603926.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	204.3 KB
ID:	110658  
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 02:19 PM   #40

Region: Canada
Billet Grille Installation

Hi everyone, I just got a black billet grille for my 2013 v6. When I went to get it installed it would not fit and the instructions said to overlay it over the honeycomb. I do not want the overlay look and it doesn't have a pony cut out, so I'm assuming it's supposed to be the pony delete style (which I want) and the mechanic just didn't know how to install it. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? How can I tell if I ordered the right one? How can I install it without overlay?

Thanks a lot!!

Seleena
Seleena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 02:25 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
i love the placement of the emblem, and once the fog lights are tinted, i think it will look killer!

Past: 13 V6, 11 MCA V6, 89 GT, 88 GT, 04 V6
13BKV6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT