2014 Mustang GT Strange noise - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-21-2013, 10:43 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
2014 Mustang GT Strange noise

Okay so I've had my 2014 GT for about a week and a half now and have put around 450 miles on it so far. Though around the 300 mile mark, I started hearing a small noise and I don't know if it is normal for this noise to occur or if anyone else has this noise happening. Sometimes when I shift 1-2 and then 2-3 I hear a click noise every time the clutch is engaged and then disengaged, but it only happens on those two shifts, not on 4,5, or 6. It doesn't happen every time I drive the car but often. It sounds like someone dropping a bolt into a metal bucket almost, its a hard noise to describe. I know these cars are loud and clunky to start off with but am I just worrying to much or should I take it to the dealer? Also to note the car is driving fine other than that small noise it is an amazing car.
AnthonyK1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2013, 11:03 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
It's normal, It's just the sound of the trans/clutch disengaging and re engaging.
BlackBetty5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:10 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty5.0 View Post
It's normal, It's just the sound of the trans/clutch disengaging and re engaging.
Yea I thought so, I just thought it was weird it didn't make the noise when I shift to 4th-6th, Im just a paranoid new car owner haha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2013, 01:32 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Old 05-22-2013, 01:59 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
wait until you start noticing the clunk noise the two piece drive shaft makes. Completely normal but sounds awful. I am getting a one piece driveshaft just to get rid of the clunk more so than the other benefits haha.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:11 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I wasnt sure what that clunk was... now i know
Brad598400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 02:52 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

And knowing is half the battle...

Got to get tuff, GO JOE!!!
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:34 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyK1313 View Post
Okay so I've had my 2014 GT for about a week and a half now and have put around 450 miles on it so far. Though around the 300 mile mark, I started hearing a small noise and I don't know if it is normal for this noise to occur or if anyone else has this noise happening. Sometimes when I shift 1-2 and then 2-3 I hear a click noise every time the clutch is engaged and then disengaged, but it only happens on those two shifts, not on 4,5, or 6. It doesn't happen every time I drive the car but often. It sounds like someone dropping a bolt into a metal bucket almost, its a hard noise to describe. I know these cars are loud and clunky to start off with but am I just worrying to much or should I take it to the dealer? Also to note the car is driving fine other than that small noise it is an amazing car.
I know what this is. It's the sound of automobile jealousy. All the imports behind you die a little inside every time you shift and it makes a noise. By 4th 5th or 6th you're too far away from them to hear it.

It's on page 420 in the manual.
Old 05-24-2013, 04:13 PM   #9

Region: Georgia
My 14 GT makes the same noise so i feel you on the over worrying! I'm more worries about the ticking coming from the pavement pounder in the front :/

Maybe i'm just getting use to the power (i get on it hard all the time) but i'm beginning to think i might have a little bit of power loss going on any ideas? I'd apologize for the thread jack but i think OPs question has been answered?
GreyGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:15 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Its normal.... When i hear noises i turn the radio up problem solved
GE3G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 07:39 AM   #11

Region: Georgia
Hahaha love it man
GreyGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 07:57 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyK1313 View Post
Anthony...I checked and I do not have this noise on my 2014 GT. Have 1004 miles and have not noticed any noises except the drive-shaft clunk when going slow. I doubt the noise is anything to worry about. Could it be the clicking of the solenoid for the starter / cruise control? I would mention it to the dealer at your next service.
Old 05-25-2013, 01:53 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
There's always a little clunk when shifting. Gets noticeably louder when you install some control arms in the back.

solution: get some axlebacks and you'll never hear it again.
Marcie; Black 2013 GT. MT82, .373, track + brembo, JLT CF CAI, Boss Manifold, MGW StS, Blowfish Trans Bracket & Driveshaft Loop, Whiteline trans bushing, RP motor & tranny oils, Flowmaster Outlaws, BMR UCA w/ mount, LCA w/ relo brackets, panhard, SR springs, KONI oranges, J&M CC plates, staggered leguna secas, MT street comps
***A good driver is the best method to get more performance out of any car. ***
AXLEBACKS THREADS =
Rynarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 06:35 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rynarok View Post
There's always a little clunk when shifting. Gets noticeably louder when you install some control arms in the back.

solution: get some axlebacks and you'll never hear it again.
That explains why I've never heard it.
BatmanUriah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 09:58 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Thank god I found this thread. It totally gave me some peace of mind. I too was hearing the weird noise on the 2nd shift and started wondering all day long. Mustang is around 490mi. so far.
Destro415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:40 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destro415 View Post
Thank god I found this thread. It totally gave me some peace of mind. I too was hearing the weird noise on the 2nd shift and started wondering all day long. Mustang is around 490mi. so far.
I meant to say on the 3rd shift.
Destro415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 11:51 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Hey, my car does this. At first I thought I was disengaging the clutch pedal to early, but then it did it several more times so I figured it was part of the tranny. Glad I found this.

2013 GT/CS
TCopp is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT