UNBELIEVABLE - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-22-2013, 09:08 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
UNBELIEVABLE

After having my mustang for 2 days someone had hit me while in a store! The worse part in the situation is that after buying the 5.0 I left it home in the garage in Houston due to the weather that has terrorized Oklahoma where I'm currently working. My girlfriend wanted to drive it to the store real quick to get some things. After being no more than then minutes she came out and realized this dent. She called me bailing and I expected the worse (she had gotten teeboned and totaled the car) so I did my best to calm her down and see what was wrong. The biggest problem is I haven't had time to get insurance on the vehicle since I work 12 hours a day I've gotten a few quotes but wanted to still shop around since being a 20 year old male is the best in insurance eyes so now I have to deal with trying to figure out how I'm going to get it fixed just a big clusterf**k the worse part is they hit an ran the mirror is banged up to.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-767269542.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	485.3 KB
ID:	109831  
Mooncricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2013, 09:12 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
That sucks. Tell her next time park it in the middle of nowhere lol...that is what I do. And no one drives my car haha. Not even my hubby...so hands down to you for being so brave! I take it the store she went to didnt have parking lot cameras?! Man...that just sucks...im so sorry!!! You didnt have to have insurance on it when you bought it?!?! Here you can leave the lot until you have proof of insurance....we have USAA so it takes two seconds to add it.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:15 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
People are stupid. I park as far away as possible and people still park beside me just to be a di**
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2013, 09:16 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBlueGT View Post
People are stupid. I park as far away as possible and people still park beside me just to be a di**
Thankful I dont have that problem. Knock on wood!!
Old 05-22-2013, 09:16 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
That sucks really bad!! But how did u get your car w/o insurance?? U paid it off cash?? Dealer wouldn't let u leave the lot without it...
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:20 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
I don't let anyone drive my car, let alone my wife. She rarely even gets to sit in it lol
TooSlow4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:21 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Yea, why would you even risk driving it without insurance?! First off, it is highly illegal to drive without insurance, secondly they should not have let you drive off without insurance. That would be a liability to the dealership.
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:25 PM   #8
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
My insurance from my old car even carried over to my new one for up to 30 days when I traded it in on it. I think we are all confused as to how u would possibly have a lien on a vehicle and not be required to have insurance before driving it off a lot?
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:25 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2 View Post
That sucks really bad!! But how did u get your car w/o insurance?? U paid it off cash?? Dealer wouldn't let u leave the lot without it...
I do have insurance on my truck and my girlfriends 2001 mustang so they just made a copy I that. The funny thing to is earlier when going to the gym she knows I don't park anywhere close to vehicles she sent me this. I'm not mad it got hit. I'm mad that whoever hit it didn't have the courtesy to wait and accept their wrongdoing but EVEN more mad my girlfriend called balling cause she felt so bad the first parking lot it's in gets hit
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1142451217.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	423.5 KB
ID:	109837  
Old 05-22-2013, 09:28 PM   #10
Registered Member

Regular

Happened to mine to bro. Just a little bitty knick that I got fixed. What did I do? I raised all matters of hell. I called the cops, had the video footage pulled and called the judge lol. Pissed wasnt even the word. It was the first parking lot on day 2 of owning my car.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:28 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I feel bad but had they not hit and run and had the other person asked for your insurance too as most people generally swap on both sides even if 1 party is definitely at fault and you had none, they probably would have gotten a cop involved and then you would have been in worse problem for driving a car without insurance.

Honestly your lucky it went down this way. Secondly, you should have researched insurance before you got the car and had it from day one.

Sorry about the car though
Old 05-22-2013, 09:29 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Black View Post
Yea, why would you even risk driving it without insurance?! First off, it is highly illegal to drive without insurance, secondly they should not have let you drive off without insurance. That would be a liability to the dealership.
Ya I would never drive without insurance just to the fact I something like this . I just didn't have a specific policy yet on the mustang sorry for misleading
Old 05-22-2013, 09:29 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

You could be a Dick to the insurance copy and get insurance then file a claim, they won't know the difference, but that would be shaddy on your part it will be cheaper just to have a local ship fix it, bc insurance will charge $500 deductible and go up on your insurance.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:31 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post
I feel bad but had they not hit and run and had the other person asked for your insurance too as most people generally swap on both sides even if 1 party is definitely at fault and you had none, they probably would have gotten a cop involved and then you would have been in worse problem for driving a car without insurance.

Honestly your lucky it went down this way. Secondly, you should have researched insurance before you got the car and had it from day one.

Sorry about the car though
+1000
Old 05-22-2013, 09:33 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Ya I was thinking just getting it fixed out of pocket but with being hit right on the body line of the door and quarter panel that'd be a pretty penny my girlfriend filed a claim with gieco and will get back to me tomorrow.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:35 PM   #16
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
you probably got hit by someone who also didn't have insurance. That will be anywhere from 800-1200 to fix. I bet she parked in the closest parking spot she could get, wedged in-between a mini van and a pick up truck.
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:36 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post
you probably got hit by someone who also didn't have insurance. That will be anywhere from 800-1200 to fix. I bet she parked in the closest parking spot she could get, wedged in-between a mini van and a pick up truck.
Ha no she knows better then to get anywhere near another car. It almost looks like a Tahoe or a SUV was turning around in the parking lot and thought they'd make it and unfortunately this is the aftermath
Old 05-22-2013, 09:38 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
You could be a Dick to the insurance copy and get insurance then file a claim, they won't know the difference, but that would be shaddy on your part it will be cheaper just to have a local ship fix it, bc insurance will charge $500 deductible and go up on your insurance.
Yeah, no! That's called insurance fraud d-bag. Lets all give this guy ideas to commit a felony, c'mon. And then we will all sit around and complain why are insurance rates are so high. SMH!
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:38 PM   #19
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Well it won't be a simple door hit, I've seen a strong wind carry a door into a car and didn't leave anywhere near that. Someone hit the car.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:40 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC_SmOziLLa View Post

Yeah, no! That's called insurance fraud d-bag. Lets all give this guy ideas to commit a felony, c'mon. And then we will all sit around and complain why are insurance rates are so high. SMH!
I was joking, you realize that right lol.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:41 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post

Well it won't be a simple door hit, I've seen a strong wind carry a door into a car and didn't leave anywhere near that. Someone hit the car.
It's just frustrating is all and I can't even do anything about it until Saturday
Old 05-22-2013, 09:42 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
I bet a kid did a ricer fly, gotta watch out when the Vtec kicks in, very dangerous
TooSlow4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:43 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSlow4U View Post
I bet a kid did a ricer fly, gotta watch out when the Vtec kicks in, very dangerous
Lmao
Old 05-22-2013, 09:44 PM   #24
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post

Yeah that was a side swipe from someone pulling in or leaving. This utility van pulled out of a spot and ripped my wife's bumper clear off, and of course kept driving like nothing happened. Fortunately as long as a police report is filed, this type of thing is no fault and rates aren't raised. At least with progressive.
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:44 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSlow4U View Post
At least that'll lighten me up a lil thanks man!!
Old 05-22-2013, 09:45 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yeah that was a side swipe from someone pulling in or leaving. This utility van pulled out of a spot and ripped my wife's bumper clear off, and of course kept driving like nothing happened. Fortunately as long as a police report is filed, this type of thing is no fault and rates aren't raised. At least with progressive.
When you have insurance
Old 05-22-2013, 09:46 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:

I was joking, you realize that right lol.
Oh yeah, I definitely can tell your intentions and sarcasm just because you followed your comment with a smiley face. What was I thinking, I'm so sorry, please forgive my ignorance
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:47 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Maybe the worse part is I was just about to purchase a progressive policy and got called away to work :/
Old 05-22-2013, 09:52 PM   #29
Registered Member

Regular

Sooooo how did u get the car without insurance? Im still confused by that.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:04 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubnbit View Post
Sooooo how did u get the car without insurance? Im still confused by that.
I do have insurance through geico on my truck and another vehicle just haven't had the time to add the mustang because I've been working 12 hours a day
Old 05-22-2013, 10:06 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncricket View Post

I do have insurance through geico on my truck and another vehicle just haven't had the time to add the mustang because I've been working 12 hours a day
Welcome to the club, I haven't had a day off in over a month, I've honestly lost count of the days
Old 05-22-2013, 10:12 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Welcome to the club, I haven't had a day off in over a month, I've honestly lost count of the days
We just got put back on days after just getting use to working nights.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:15 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

We just got put back on days after just getting use to working nights.
Been there done that
Old 05-22-2013, 10:22 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Been there done that
Can't beat 84 hours tho if only Obama didn't take almost half
Old 05-22-2013, 10:28 PM   #35
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:

Can't beat 84 hours tho if only Obama didn't take almost half
+10000000000000000x10^10000000000000

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT