paxton coyote vs the world - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-23-2013, 12:53 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
paxton coyote vs the world

Does anyone know how are paxton coyotes ~ 600whp competing versus gtrs, the 2013 gt500, the zl1, blower swap termis, and other street monsters. Am thinking of going this route down the line just want to know a frame of reference, thanks.
JayblesStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2013, 01:12 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
In a straight line? Just look at the numbers. Most bolt on Paxton's are running 10s with DRs and high 11s with street tires. I'd say that's at least 2013 GT500 range if not better.
Jukens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:15 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Hp is just a number. You have to have good amount of bolt ons, suspension, tires, and diet to keep up with a vette
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2013, 01:33 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831 View Post
Hp is just a number. You have to have good amount of bolt ons, suspension, tires, and diet to keep up with a vette
FI vettes are notorious for really bad running like dogs from the heat. Been shown plenty of times that over time the heat makes them run slower than their N/A vettes.

So with a unit like the Paxton/vortech you may loose the first 1-2 passes and then quickly will take the lead.
Old 05-23-2013, 02:00 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Really a 600 hp 5.0 can't take a stock c6 vette? Arnt they only like 420 hp the ls3 is a monster and they are light cars just seems off . I've never raced one so just wondering . My vortech goes on next week and I wana blow the doors off some imports at the strip lol
Moto111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 02:09 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayblesStang View Post
Does anyone know how are paxton coyotes ~ 600whp competing versus gtrs, the 2013 gt500, the zl1, blower swap termis, and other street monsters. Am thinking of going this route down the line just want to know a frame of reference, thanks.
Provided you can launch well, you would be able to beat stock or mildly modified gtrs all day, but a gtr is a mid 11s car the way they come. The 2013gt500 could be beat pretty easily if its stock, but the gt500 owner would be a pulley swap, updated tune, and slicks away from showing up in your nightmares. The zl1 would be the easiest to beat, and that would stay that way unless they start sinking some money into the car. I watched a zl1 run 3 consecutive 12 second time slips a couple of weekends ago. Blower swap terminators wouldn't really be in your league, unless they were really turned up. Most termi guys I know break into deep 11s with a nice set of drag radials and alot of boost.

I think running a Paxton would get you right in the middle of the street monster crowd, but you'd have to be a good driver to beat any of those competitors. Seat time would be your best friend once that supercharger was on, and once you got confident with that set-up I'd say you'd be someone to watch out for.

---------- Post added at 02:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto111 View Post
Really a 600 hp 5.0 can't take a stock c6 vette? Arnt they only like 420 hp the ls3 is a monster and they are light cars just seems off . I've never raced one so just wondering . My vortech goes on next week and I wana blow the doors off some imports at the strip lol
Corvettes are fast! Lol you would easily beat a stock c6 vette with a vortech if you can drive, but those cars can catch up fairly easily. A z06 or zr1 would have you pulling your hair out though because those cars are meant to be nothing but race cars lol. I'd be willing to say 90% of the imports you will race will get their doors blown off, but there is always this guy at the track who has sunk 30k into his aunts hand me down 1992 civic hatchback that is running 10s also.
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 02:14 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post

Provided you can launch well, you would be able to beat stock or mildly modified gtrs all day, but a gtr is a mid 11s car the way they come. The 2013gt500 could be beat pretty easily if its stock, but the gt500 owner would be a pulley swap, updated tune, and slicks away from showing up in your nightmares. The zl1 would be the easiest to beat, and that would stay that way unless they start sinking some money into the car. I watched a zl1 run 3 consecutive 12 second time slips a couple of weekends ago. Blower swap terminators wouldn't really be in your league, unless they were really turned up. Most termi guys I know break into deep 11s with a nice set of drag radials and alot of boost.

I think running a Paxton would get you right in the middle of the street monster crowd, but you'd have to be a good driver to beat any of those competitors. Seat time would be your best friend once that supercharger was on, and once you got confident with that set-up I'd say you'd be someone to watch out for.

---------- Post added at 02:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

Corvettes are fast! Lol you would easily beat a stock c6 vette with a vortech if you can drive, but those cars can catch up fairly easily. A z06 or zr1 would have you pulling your hair out though because those cars are meant to be nothing but race cars lol. I'd be willing to say 90% of the imports you will race will get their doors blown off, but there is always this guy at the track who has sunk 30k into his aunts hand me down 1992 civic hatchback that is running 10s also.
I agree with this.
redbeast0712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 02:30 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

There are a lot of videos on this channel that will answer your question.

ohioborn80's channel - YouTube
Old 05-23-2013, 02:55 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Doesn't really matter how much HP you have if you can't drive. No reason to get a car that is completely above your driving ability.
Old 05-23-2013, 03:38 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
I run a paxton on my dd 2012 5.0. Before the blower I already had adjustable shocks, lowering springs, adjustable sway bars, upr/lower control arms and stick tires.

I can get out of the hole with 3.31 gears pretty good and 95% of the time I can hook second, third and beyond is were this car shines, but roll races are gay, so slicks and a paxton would be a world beater.
Old 05-23-2013, 04:43 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
A stock coyote beats a $70k corvette grand sport. A well equiped Paxton car such as mine will beat a stock corvette zo6 the only car that will give you trouble is a Covette zr1 but these are stock cars. Its impossible to say what modded cars I can or cant beat! A modded honda civic can beat you if its upgraded correctly. Dont worry about what you can or cant beat because you will never know till you race them! Buy a Paxton, your car will love you for it!!!!
2016 Gt/Cs autowith 3:55', mbrp cat back and a n/a build on the way!...
blackbeast12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 04:49 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbeast12 View Post
A stock coyote beats a $70k corvette grand sport. A well equiped Paxton car such as mine will beat a stock corvette zo6 the only car that will give you trouble is a Covette zr1 but these are stock cars. Its impossible to say what modded cars I can or cant beat! A modded honda civic can beat you if its upgraded correctly. Dont worry about what you can or cant beat because you will never know till you race them! Buy a Paxton, your car will love you for it!!!!
Depends what year zr1. They are notorious with terrible heat soak and was shown by motor trend I believe it was that after the first two laps on an auto x event the z06 would demolish the zr1 because the z06 didn't suffer heat soak. Obviously.

I have heard the 2014 don't have the really bad heat soak issues....but it is a Chevy.....so who knows.
Old 05-23-2013, 04:49 PM   #13
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
700+ with supporting mods could take out many you named. Get a safe tune and it will be a blast.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 04:54 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

I just want mine to be a vette killer lol zo6 and gt500 would be nice to . I think it's cool having a car whoop on a car that cost 60-70k lol
Old 05-23-2013, 04:57 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto111 View Post
I just want mine to be a vette killer lol zo6 and gt500 would be nice to . I think it's cool having a car whoop on a car that cost 60-70k lol
Until you try and take a corvette at a track event....Lol. Our cars can be made to handle well, but the really low center of gravity the vette has should always take the mustang.

If there is one thing I'd wish they'd for with the stang for 2015 is make it sit a lot lower. I don't mean lower to then ground but lower as in not as tall. One thing I liked about the 370Z was it always felt like you sat on the floor. The vette is the same way. Is a whole different feeling to driving.
Old 05-23-2013, 05:01 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Well i get that the vette is more of a track car . But in a straight line I just wana say bye bye lol
Old 05-23-2013, 05:01 PM   #17
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
As a decent rule of thumb you need about 100 whp more than a corvette to beat it, due to weight and aerodynamics... Like I said that's a rule of thumb not a science for those of you that want to try to tell me how dumb I am

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 05:06 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
As a decent rule of thumb you need about 100 whp more than a corvette to beat it, due to weight and aerodynamics... Like I said that's a rule of thumb not a science for those of you that want to try to tell me how dumb I am
I agree 100%, I've had two of those pos and they have always been fast, but pos none the less.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT