my first racing challenge in the 13 GT - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-23-2013, 08:16 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Ok so I edited it no more story LOL before the thread closes haha but either way moral of the story is I really need to learn how to drive my stick more aggressively and not like miss daisy on a sunday cruise!
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2013, 08:21 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Its a fun and fast car. Glad your enjoying one of fords masterpieces, but no street racing or threads promoting it.
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:21 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Oh sorry didnt know we couldnt post that kinda stuff :/ wasnt really about racing anyways because I dont do that but more of I need to learn how drive my car and more importantly a stick! LOL. When to shift etc
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2013, 08:22 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Its all good, just FYI before the thread was closed.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:26 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I edited so at least it is not up anymore before it closes! If I could delete it I would. Thanks for letting me kno!
Old 05-23-2013, 08:29 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Lol a good learning experience...
Old 05-23-2013, 08:30 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Does it scare you to Rev it higher? Or is it the fear of going that fast?
Old 05-23-2013, 08:32 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Fear of a ticket and higher insurance for me
Old 05-23-2013, 08:33 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post
Does it scare you to Rev it higher? Or is it the fear of going that fast?
Scares me to rev it higher. I dunno I guess im afraid it's bad for the car or something. I baby it. I told my husband I should play around with it now while I have a warranty lol.

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBlueGT View Post
Fear of a ticket and higher insurance for me
That too! After I was like that was stupid stupid......cuz that would be my luck!
Old 05-23-2013, 08:41 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangchassy View Post

Scares me to rev it higher. I dunno I guess im afraid it's bad for the car or something. I baby it. I told my husband I should play around with it now while I have a warranty lol.

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

That too! After I was like that was stupid stupid......cuz that would be my luck!
Haha. Its actually interesting. Babying the car can make it sluggish later on.

I mean if you don't feel comfortable don't do it, but I take my car to 7000RPM multiple times a day and have since I got her 2 years ago.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:48 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Haha. Its actually interesting. Babying the car can make it sluggish later on.

I mean if you don't feel comfortable don't do it, but I take my car to 7000RPM multiple times a day and have since I got her 2 years ago.

Well it makes sense. I mean these cars are built for this right?! Lol. It is not that im not comfortable I just didnt know if I could do that I guess and if it was ok for the car etc. Hell Ill drive it like I stole it if ya give me a chance...just needed a little reassurance on what these cars can handle I guess. My 07 GT was an auto.

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

And this is my first brand spankin new car soooo I am trying to take care of it but I wanna have some fun with it too
Old 05-23-2013, 08:50 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Well it makes sense. I mean these cars are built for this right?! Lol. It is not that im not comfortable I just didnt know if I could do that I guess and if it was ok for the car etc. Hell Ill drive it like I stole it if ya give me a chance...just needed a little reassurance on what these cars can handle I guess. My 07 GT was an auto.
Haha long as you feel you broke her in, which many will argue about day and night about what that is for this car, go for it. They are high revving V8s and they absolutely love to run at 7000 RPM. My car pulls hard all the way too about 7100 where I stop making power. I run her there all the time. 21K miles and no issues. Been tuned since 5K
Old 05-23-2013, 08:56 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Haha long as you feel you broke her in, which many will argue about day and night about what that is for this car, go for it. They are high revving V8s and they absolutely love to run at 7000 RPM. My car pulls hard all the way too about 7100 where I stop making power. I run her there all the time. 21K miles and no issues. Been tuned since 5K
Yea I think she is broke in....u know some people say 1000 miles. I just rolled over 1100 and I think she is good. Thanks for the advice. It really helps...now I will know how to drive it better and not feel like im gonna blow up the motor lol...and feel more comfortable in her and what she can do!!!
Old 05-23-2013, 09:03 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yea I think she is broke in....u know some people say 1000 miles. I just rolled over 1100 and I think she is good. Thanks for the advice. It really helps...now I will know how to drive it better and not feel like im gonna blow up the motor lol...and feel more comfortable in her and what she can do!!!
Haha well, not to start that debate, but Ford breaks the motor in before it gets dropped in the car. So really you can do what a lot of us did and beat on them from day 1.

But, yes have a go at it. My only recommendation would be to not run her like we are talking about unless you have 91 octane or higher in her. If your running regular gas, I'd keep driving her like you have been.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:14 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Ive been putting in 91. It is not much price difference anyways from regular. Like 10 cents maybe so not a biggie I dont have a debate on when it is broke in lol...I dont know!!! Haha
Old 05-23-2013, 09:21 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

but seriously thanks for the advice...cuz this girl needed some pointers of driving my MT on a stang.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:22 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
but seriously thanks for the advice...cuz this girl needed some pointers of driving my MT on a stang.
Your welcome . Glad to see you chose the MT this time over the auto. Makes for a very different driving experience.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:24 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Yea I def wanted MT not auto. I will admit I was nervous about getting it as my DD but there is only one way to learn...I drove a MT jeep but it is totally different....it is much more fun to drive and I dont regret it!
Old 05-23-2013, 10:22 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
I've seen it first hand, people that baby their cars, make less power then people that beat the snot out if them but take care of them with proper maintenance. It's crazy but true. As much as 20-30rwhp difference, stock for stock, same day, same conditions.
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:41 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC_SmOziLLa View Post
I've seen it first hand, people that baby their cars, make less power then people that beat the snot out if them but take care of them with proper maintenance. It's crazy but true. As much as 20-30rwhp difference, stock for stock, same day, same conditions.
Totally agree, my buddy has a bike identical to mine, yet I can pull him by 5 lengths in the 1/4 with my ol'lady on the back. I've beat on it since 50mi.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:32 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
That's it! I'm going to stop granny shifting! If it breaks it breaks
Gordito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 03:48 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordito View Post
That's what warranty is for
Mlp07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:30 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordito View Post
Lol me too
Old 05-24-2013, 08:08 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
I know a guy who builds racing engines for his 9-5 and works on a well known local race team. He told me once, that the harder you are on the gas pedal every day, the longer the life and better for the engine. He said its helps reduce build-up in the valve train, keeps the rings clear and over all keeps the engine running faster and smoother. I believe it. Every vehicle I've owned I've beat the snot out of and never had motor problems up until the cam sensor on my '04 F150, but that was just a Ford mistake with that motor.

I drive my Mustang nice for daily fuel conservation reasons, but every on ramp I have fun.
Davey13GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:11 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Makes perfect sense. That is what they are built for. And I sure as hell dont wanna lose hp because im driving like a granny lol. I already used the gas pedal a little this morning running to the grocery store just playing around lol
Old 05-24-2013, 01:18 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Darn it, I've been driving like a granny since day 1 with my 5.0 and even had a Toyota Prius honk at me from time to time on my daily commute lol.
Destro415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 01:35 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destro415 View Post
Darn it, I've been driving like a granny since day 1 with my 5.0 and even had a Toyota Prius honk at me from time to time on my daily commute lol.
Lmfao.
Old 06-07-2013, 09:48 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

I agree street racing is no good, but let me give you a suggestion. Years ago i was driving fast cars to work at 55 mph and decided it was time to drive my then, Porsche GT3 on the track. I joined the Porsche club and went to our local Track Mid Ohio. To do a Drivers Ed (DE) I was addicted. they put an instructor in the car and teach you how to drive your car at the limits all weekend. For like 400.00 you get two days of legal drugs. adrenalin pumping fun.

I got addicted to it and became an instructor.

That let me to club racing in SCCA and NASA and now am addicted to that.

My point is these are fast capable cars. if you do not spend some time at the track learning what that car really is about and learning to improve your driving ability you are missing out on a large part of the experience.

A word of caution, I did total the GT3 learning how to drive it, but that is part my personality of pushing it to the limit. Its well worth the money to learn how to really understand performance driving.
Old 06-09-2013, 06:58 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ftodaro View Post
I agree street racing is no good, but let me give you a suggestion. Years ago i was driving fast cars to work at 55 mph and decided it was time to drive my then, Porsche GT3 on the track. I joined the Porsche club and went to our local Track Mid Ohio. To do a Drivers Ed (DE) I was addicted. they put an instructor in the car and teach you how to drive your car at the limits all weekend. For like 400.00 you get two days of legal drugs. adrenalin pumping fun.

I got addicted to it and became an instructor.

That let me to club racing in SCCA and NASA and now am addicted to that.

My point is these are fast capable cars. if you do not spend some time at the track learning what that car really is about and learning to improve your driving ability you are missing out on a large part of the experience.

A word of caution, I did total the GT3 learning how to drive it, but that is part my personality of pushing it to the limit. Its well worth the money to learn how to really understand performance driving.
I wish I had that kinda money lol the gt3 is a nice car, I've driven a couple but not even close to the limits
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT