Bama tune question - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-25-2013, 09:31 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Bama tune question

I have 93H,93Rand 93RCAM

Is the 93RCAM my ghost tune
92mustang2.3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2013, 09:35 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
yes it should be

---------- Post added at 10:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

I guess it depends on how they send them, I ordered the cam tune and Bama never labeled it as cam tune they sent it as 93R I had to call them and make sure it was the cam tune, I always rename them so I know what they are
Boss IM, with Araid cai, bama 93 race tune, GT500 cat back, jba off-road x-pipe & longtubes, mgw shifter,4.10 gears, Aluminum Flywheel & driveshaft, Adjustable Panhard Rod, BMR adj. uca & lca, BMR relo. brackets, BMR Springs with 1.5" drop, BMR adj. swaybar, BMR tubular K member 1/2 drop motor mounts & BMR tubular A arms, steeda alu. rad. support, aluminum water pump pully, 85mm BBK TB, Rear seat delete. Boss oil cooler, Battery in trunk. AC delete, Evap delete
brianw64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 09:38 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianw64 View Post
yes it should be

---------- Post added at 10:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

I guess it depends on how they send them, I ordered the cam tune and Bama never labeled it as cam tune they sent it as 93R I had to call them and make sure it was the cam tune, I always rename them so I know what they are
I had the 93R on last couple of days and it wasn't that one , just put the 93RCAM this morning and it feels stronger but no lope
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2013, 09:56 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

if it doesnt have the lope at idle then its not the cam, dont they usually name that the ghost cam tune? I ran it once for a day and I hated it, it sounds cool but the car ran like crap and stalled alot, I would say if u got more power that would b the race tune, if u get free tunes for life I would call and order the ones u want again and rename them
Boss IM, with Araid cai, bama 93 race tune, GT500 cat back, jba off-road x-pipe & longtubes, mgw shifter,4.10 gears, Aluminum Flywheel & driveshaft, Adjustable Panhard Rod, BMR adj. uca & lca, BMR relo. brackets, BMR Springs with 1.5" drop, BMR adj. swaybar, BMR tubular K member 1/2 drop motor mounts & BMR tubular A arms, steeda alu. rad. support, aluminum water pump pully, 85mm BBK TB, Rear seat delete. Boss oil cooler, Battery in trunk. AC delete, Evap delete
Old 05-25-2013, 10:07 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
It takes a min for car to warm up and lope it doesn't happen right away just fyi and mine says bamacam
Moto111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:32 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I know it takes a minute but what im saying is Bama has gotten a little sloppy with naming their tunes, I requested the cam tune and they sent it as 93R, I had to call them to make sure it was the can tune, its confusing when they dont name them the way they should...
Old 05-25-2013, 10:59 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto111 View Post
It takes a min for car to warm up and lope it doesn't happen right away just fyi and mine says bamacam
I let it warm up , plus I drove a little ways and still idles normal

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 AM ----------

Quote:
if it doesnt have the lope at idle then its not the cam, dont they usually name that the ghost cam tune? I ran it once for a day and I hated it, it sounds cool but the car ran like crap and stalled alot, I would say if u got more power that would b the race tune, if u get free tunes for life I would call and order the ones u want again and rename them
Well the 93R and 93RCAM tunes feels pretty close in power , I'll try the hybrid later today
Old 05-25-2013, 11:26 AM   #8
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Ive never had a issue with Bama labeling my tunes wrong. But yes you can change them to whatever floats your boat.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 01:50 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
My hybrid came labelled 93R. I had to call bama to make sure that it was the hybrid and not the race. I think they usually label the hybrid as 93H.

Also, if you like that race tune, give the hybrid a shot. You'll keep the higher rpm gains, but gain more punch in your lower range. It was noticeable, and I drove around with 93R all winter long.
Marcie; Black 2013 GT. MT82, .373, track + brembo, JLT CF CAI, Boss Manifold, MGW StS, Blowfish Trans Bracket & Driveshaft Loop, Whiteline trans bushing, RP motor & tranny oils, Flowmaster Outlaws, BMR UCA w/ mount, LCA w/ relo brackets, panhard, SR springs, KONI oranges, J&M CC plates, staggered leguna secas, MT street comps
***A good driver is the best method to get more performance out of any car. ***
AXLEBACKS THREADS =
Rynarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 02:52 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
Ive never had a issue with Bama labeling my tunes wrong. But yes you can change them to whatever floats your boat.
I haven't either, but a lot of people have been. Keeps coming up with people having to post and ask what tune is what lol.

I've wondered if they just keep rebuilding off our current tunes and names, and with people getting newer tunes they have been sloppy in naming them. Hence why ours are always correct because ours were named a while ago. For me nearly a year ago.
Old 05-25-2013, 04:01 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Ive had my tunes almost a year also, but just in the last few months they have been not really labeling them right, its no big deal to have to call, but...it is a pita sometimes when a tune is named 93R and its supposed to be 93 cam or something....
Old 05-25-2013, 04:04 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ive had my tunes almost a year also, but just in the last few months they have been not really labeling them right, its no big deal to have to call, but...it is a pita sometimes when a tune is named 93R and its supposed to be 93 cam or something....
That's weird. Was maybe 2 months ago I had them send me a new 93 race and 93 cam and 93 hybrid all named correctly. Wonder what the deal is.
Old 05-25-2013, 04:09 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

i dont think they save your file either, i have to keep telling them every mod i got because some of my tunes came and didnt have my boss intake in the tune, only way i knew it was i hit 7200 and it shut down, so i knew they didnt have the intake in the tune....so now when i orer tunes i give them all the info in the notes section and I rename them when i download
Old 05-25-2013, 04:14 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
i dont think they save your file either, i have to keep telling them every mod i got because some of my tunes came and didnt have my boss intake in the tune, only way i knew it was i hit 7200 and it shut down, so i knew they didnt have the intake in the tune....so now when i orer tunes i give them all the info in the notes section and I rename them when i download
I always give them all the info but interesting on that. I am really close to pulling the trigger on AED tunes myself. I might just do that when I get the boss Mani.
Old 05-25-2013, 04:20 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Im not knocking Bama so much , I just would hate to loose an engine or something from a wrong tune, but I think just better naming when they send them out would be cool, it is nice to get free tunes everytime I do a mod or whatever, and I only had those two issues
Old 05-25-2013, 04:30 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Im not knocking Bama so much , I just would hate to loose an engine or something from a wrong tune, but I think just better naming when they send them out would be cool, it is nice to get free tunes everytime I do a mod or whatever, and I only had those two issues
I am not knocking them and that being the reason I want AED. I am looking at tracking the car and taking her to the drag strip. I want a more aggressive tune for that. Might still run Bamas tunes on the streets though.

I just keep hearing about how strong other tuners are in comparison. Also AED does give you free revisions too.
Old 05-25-2013, 06:01 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

I may have to check them out
Old 05-25-2013, 06:12 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post
I am really close to pulling the trigger on AED tunes myself. I might just do that when I get the boss Mani.
And after you get an AED tune you'll wonder why you went with Bama in the first place.
Quote:
Im not knocking Bama so much , I just would hate to loose an engine or something from a wrong tune
How the heck are you going to lose an engine over a mislabeled tune?
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 06:50 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
And after you get an AED tune you'll wonder why you went with Bama in the first place.

How the heck are you going to lose an engine over a mislabeled tune?
So I keep hearing. I am pretty excited. Been debating between them and lunds tunes. Could almost buy both since lunds tunes are so cheap.
Old 05-25-2013, 06:53 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
So I keep hearing. I am pretty excited. Been debating between them and lunds tunes. Could almost buy both since lunds tunes are so cheap.
Yea either one you'll be happy with. I was happy with my VMP tune before I started dabbling in tuning my car myself.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 06:55 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
Yea either one you'll be happy with. I was happy with my VMP tune before I started dabbling in tuning my car myself.
I've looked at them too. I've heard mixed things with them and getting tune revisions. Some people and their site say it is 50 bucks outside of six months and others say they didn't pay regardless.
Old 05-25-2013, 07:48 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Ur gonna love AED tunes. And their customer srv is top notch. I've read complaints about Lunds customer srv.
2013 DIB Premium GT/CS, 6MT, Cervinis Ram-Air Hood, RTR Charcoal 19X9.5s, BBK Cat Deletes & X-Pipe, DMH E-Cutouts, GT500 Rear Diffuser w/GT500 Quad-tip Axle-Backs, AED E85 Lope Tune, Boss 302 Intake, BBK 85mm TB, JLT CAI, Dynatech Alum DS, FRPP 3.73's, Eibach Pro-Springs and Pro-Struts/shocks, J&M Adj Panhard Bar, UPR Billet Alum LCA's, BMR UCA & Bracket & Relo Brackets, Eibach Adj Sway Bars, MGW Shifter, Brembo brake kit w/14" slotted 2 piece Boogie Full Tilt Racing Rotors, Llumar 30/5 Tint
Jetag93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 08:18 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

I'm putting the hybrid tune on now and it said no tune changes but I force download anyways so will see
Old 05-25-2013, 08:25 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92mustang2.3 View Post
I'm putting the hybrid tune on now and it said no tune changes but I force download anyways so will see
you should be able to tell the hybrid from the race immediately. It feels like a lot more torque down low. Almost like the race tune had neutered your car and taken away all the torque.
Old 05-25-2013, 08:34 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

you should be able to tell the hybrid from the race immediately. It feels like a lot more torque down low. Almost like the race tune had neutered your car and taken away all the torque.
Man I tried all three and the hybrid feels good but I want to try out the ghost tune , that's why I went through all that trouble to put on theses cat deletes
Old 05-25-2013, 08:40 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Man I tried all three and the hybrid feels good but I want to try out the ghost tune , that's why I went through all that trouble to put on theses cat deletes
it drives identical to the race tune, just has the cam sound. The sound is awesome though. I just don't use it for everyday driving. Kills your MPG.
Old 05-25-2013, 08:43 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

it drives identical to the race tune, just has the cam sound. The sound is awesome though. I just don't use it for everyday driving. Kills your MPG.
Maybe I didn't upload right from the lap top to the tuner because all three seam
The same
Old 05-25-2013, 08:50 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Maybe I didn't upload right from the lap top to the tuner because all three seam
The same
yeah you'd be able to tell a difference with driving between hybrid and race and the cam tune would be obvious because you'd get that cam sound once the engine warmed up and hit a normal idle.

2011 Mustang 5.0 Bama Cam Tune, JBA o/r X, Borla Stingers - YouTube

not like you'd accidentally miss that.
Old 05-25-2013, 08:55 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

yeah you'd be able to tell a difference with driving between hybrid and race and the cam tune would be obvious because you'd get that cam sound once the engine warmed up and hit a normal idle.

2011 Mustang 5.0 Bama Cam Tune, JBA o/r X, Borla Stingers - YouTube

not like you'd accidentally miss that.
Man I let it warm up and took it a couple miles down the road and came back and still idle fine smooth
Old 05-29-2013, 10:13 AM   #30
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
I'm sorry about that! It sounds like your tune may have been labeled incorrect or just needs to be adjusted. Give the Bama team a call and they'll gladly get you squared away! Our Bama Performance tuning specialists are here in the building Monday-Friday from 9AM-5:30PM EST and Saturday 9AM-5:30PM EST. You can hit them up directly at 888.226.9764.

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:36 PM   #31

Region: California
Hi mi new in this forum i have a question with my 2012 gt ti has a issue at idle the revs hit between 1500rpm to 1200rpm does it at all time anyone has suffering this thank you for you time
Joss5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:39 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joss5.0 View Post
Hi mi new in this forum i have a question with my 2012 gt ti has a issue at idle the revs hit between 1500rpm to 1200rpm does it at all time anyone has suffering this thank you for you time
Are you tuned ?
Old 05-30-2013, 08:41 PM   #33

No its stock sorry i forget to mention it
Old 05-30-2013, 08:54 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joss5.0 View Post
No its stock sorry i forget to mention it
I would take it to the dealer if it still has warranty
Old 05-30-2013, 09:18 PM   #35

I do it already but they said it Was normal but i dont think so

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT