2010 Mustang GT - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-27-2013, 06:58 PM   #1
Registered User
Newbie
 
Ljgeorge's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: New Glarus
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 2
2010 Mustang GT

Ok so I just got my used Mustang Gt and just love it, but I want to insatll a cold air intake like the K&N complete kit. With out re tunning the moter. Will I notice a difernce.
Ljgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-27-2013, 07:01 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
BlackBetty5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New York
Region: New York
Posts: 167
No.
BlackBetty5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 07:07 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
TooSlow4U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Arizona
Posts: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljgeorge View Post
Ok so I just got my used Mustang Gt and just love it, but I want to insatll a cold air intake like the K&N complete kit. With out re tunning the moter. Will I notice a difernce.
Put your money to a MGW shifter or the Barton two post braket first. A cai doesn't do much if anything as compared to the stock cai.
TooSlow4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-27-2013, 07:08 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
blackbeast12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New castle
Region: Delaware
Posts: 187
The only thing you will notice is the change in sound!
__________________
2016 Gt/Cs autowith 3:55', mbrp cat back and a n/a build on the way!...
blackbeast12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:24 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
MedicDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Boynton Beach, FL
Region: Florida
Posts: 256
Congrats on your 10, I have a 10 and I would have to say that with out tuning your car your not going to get much out of it. If you decide to tune it you won't regret it. Post pics.
MedicDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:46 PM   #6
Registered User
Newbie
 
Onelildude's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 15
Welcome to club '10. Tune and a cai would be better as you'll get more power from the tune
__________________
2010 Mustang GT*400A*HID*Comfort Pack*TrackPack*Camera
Mods: Roush HP Exhaust*Roush CAI*Side Splitters*Roush Rear Valence*Niche Mugello Wheels*Toyo Proxes4
1/4 mile - 13.465 @ 105.30
BlackMustangClub.com Member#12861
Onelildude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:57 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
gtstyles2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lodi
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,889
Congrats!! We're gonna wanna see pics soon!! But like everyone stated, the tune is where your gonna get the most gain... CAI is really just gonna look and sound cool and maybe give u 2-4 hp at best
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:00 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2 View Post
Congrats!! We're gonna wanna see pics soon!! But like everyone stated, the tune is where your gonna get the most gain... CAI is really just gonna look and sound cool and maybe give u 2-4 hp at best
A Cai on a 4.6 makes a big difference.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:06 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

A Cai on a 4.6 makes a big difference.
I think people are assuming he has a 5.0 even though he said a 2010. Honestly OP you'd do better asking this question in the 05-09 section as everyone there has your engine and very very few hang out here that have your engine.

When it comes to exterior or suspension or what have you that way, get in here, but for the motor definitely the 05-09 section as everyone has the 4.6
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:12 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
SSTHIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

I think people are assuming he has a 5.0 even though he said a 2010. Honestly OP you'd do better asking this question in the 05-09 section as everyone there has your engine and very very few hang out here that have your engine.

When it comes to exterior or suspension or what have you that way, get in here, but for the motor definitely the 05-09 section as everyone has the 4.6
Ditto
SSTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:22 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
gtstyles2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lodi
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

A Cai on a 4.6 makes a big difference.
I knew he had a 4.6 I wasn't 100% sure if the 2010 GT has the similar cold air airbox like the 11-14... The 05-09 make decent gains from just an open element filter?? This is my 1st Mustang so I'm not 100% sure
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:43 AM   #12
Registered User
Newbie
 
Ljgeorge's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: New Glarus
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljgeorge View Post
Ok so I just got my used Mustang Gt and just love it, but I want to insatll a cold air intake like the K&N complete kit. With out re tunning the moter. Will I notice a difernce.
If I tune the car It will void the warranty, Any way I do have the 4'6 for a motor, with a track pack, it just screams. But I do not have the response I want from the motor it lags just a bit when hammering the gas.
Ljgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:50 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljgeorge View Post

If I tune the car It will void the warranty, Any way I do have the 4'6 for a motor, with a track pack, it just screams. But I do not have the response I want from the motor it lags just a bit when hammering the gas.
A tune on the 4.6 is night & day. I wouldn't void the warranty for it tho.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:53 AM   #14
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
I wouldn't waste my time or money with just a CAI. Do it right and get the tune.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



12:38 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.