Well gonna be a good week! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-27-2013, 09:04 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Well gonna be a good week!

So I just ordered the Lethal Performance o/r H pipe as they are running 10% off plus free shipping through end of today for memorial day so it is just dirt cheap compared to the JBA I was going to get. I also purchased a Boss 302 diff cover plus 3 quarts of Redline Lightweight Shockproof per Jayman's recommendation that I got all for cheap, shout out to him for being awesome.

I am having surgery next week so happy to do some work on my car before surgery .
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2013, 09:27 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Thought you already had a off road midpipe?
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:33 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post
Thought you already had a off road midpipe?
Have an O/R X and I am switching to an O/R H for the deeper sound. Gonna sell the O/R X soon as it is off. I can at least say it is an O/R X from JBA that doesn't leak since they seem to be hit or miss
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2013, 09:35 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

Have an O/R X and I am switching to an O/R H for the deeper sound. Gonna sell the O/R X soon as it is off. I can at least say it is an O/R X from JBA that doesn't leak since they seem to be hit or miss
Oh okay cool! I have the JBA H-pipe but I haven't used the cat deletes ever. I'm waiting for other mods first lol.
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:03 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post

Oh okay cool! I have the JBA H-pipe but I haven't used the cat deletes ever. I'm waiting for other mods first lol.
Fair enough. You will love it when you do! I know it is my own fault. Had I looked more when I got the O/R X forever ago I didn't know as much then. Live and ya learn. Had I known or paid attention to the fact an H was deeper I would have just ordered it then. I just saw X pipes everywhere and made the mistake of believing I should do that because it was the thing to do!
Old 05-27-2013, 10:30 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Good luck with the surgery. I hope it's nothing too serious...
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:35 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
Good luck with the surgery. I hope it's nothing too serious...
Thanks. Just heavily impacted wisdom teeth. Know it doesn't sound like much but the jaw aches, insane preasure behind my right eye, headaches, full blown nausea among stiffness in my neck and shoulders is killer.

Teeth have to be cut into pieces before they can be pulled out. So excited....!
Old 05-27-2013, 11:06 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:

I just saw X pipes everywhere and made the mistake of believing I should do that because it was the thing to do!
I was heading down this route also. I also understand that you get more HP out of an X. All that "sounded" good, pun intended, until I actually heard the raspy note of the X. I'm with you, I love the deep muscle car note!

Good luck with the teeth! Tell the Doc to please leave the "common sense" if he has to take the "wisdom!"
B52Bombardier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:17 PM   #9
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Tooth ache ain't no joke. They can turn a grown man into a baby. Good luck!

IMO the O/R X with the GT500s sound nice and deep and have absolutely no rasp. I'm running O/R X,ARH LTs and GT500s and I keep waiting for the rasp but not matter how high I run those RPMs the rasp never comes.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:26 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post

IMO the O/R X with the GT500s sound nice and deep and have absolutely no rasp. I'm running O/R X,ARH LTs and GT500s and I keep waiting for the rasp but not matter how high I run those RPMs the rasp never comes.
How was the quality and fitment of the ARH headers. Is the performance bump as noticeable as it is on the 4.6
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:32 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by B52Bombardier View Post

I was heading down this route also. I also understand that you get more HP out of an X. All that "sounded" good, pun intended, until I actually heard the raspy note of the X. I'm with you, I love the deep muscle car note!

Good luck with the teeth! Tell the Doc to please leave the "common sense" if he has to take the "wisdom!"
Well the HP differences on this car are small. 1-2HP. So that doesn't worry me.

Thanks man and maybe! He drives a Porsche so he probably doesn't have any humor

---------- Post added at 12:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post

Yeah tell me about it. Its been getting worse daily for about a month. June 5th can't come soon enough.

Well what helped me decide was a few weeks back I got to hear GT500 on an O/R X and Quad tip GT500 on an O/R H. While the x was deep, like my borla is, those suckers on the H were just 10X deeper. Was a giant difference.

So while my borlas don't rasp at all, knowing they can be deeper and more rumbly I want that haha.
Old 05-27-2013, 11:42 PM   #12
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
How was the quality and fitment of the ARH headers. Is the performance bump as noticeable as it is on the 4.6
Quality and fitment is great. I have not had it on the dyno yet but the 5.0s gain way is more than the 4.6 when losing the cats,from what I have read.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 01:00 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

I have the lethal O/R H and love what it did to my exhaust tone. On cold start up there better not be any small children near by though. It's so deep it rumbles nearby house windows.
MGW SHORT SHIFTER
CDC CHIN SPOILER W/ BLACK BILLET GRILLS
BLACK JLT OIL SEPARATOR
ThinBlueLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:07 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinBlueLine View Post
I have the lethal O/R H and love what it did to my exhaust tone. On cold start up there better not be any small children near by though. It's so deep it rumbles nearby house windows.
Perfect! Glad to hear it sounds that way
Old 05-28-2013, 06:30 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Goodluck with the surgery brother. Toothaches and earaches are two things that can turn me into a baby. No bueno, hope the surgery helps!
Old 05-28-2013, 06:42 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman33 View Post
Goodluck with the surgery brother. Toothaches and earaches are two things that can turn me into a baby. No bueno, hope the surgery helps!
Thanks man. I never realized they would cause this much pain. I'd have had them out years ago! Live and learn haha.
Old 05-28-2013, 06:50 AM   #17
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Good luck with the surgery, when I was in high school I had my wisdom teeth removed and I was driving later that day (even though you're not supposed to lol). But I had heavily impacted wisdom teeth as well, all four were growing straight forward to the front of my mouth and caused lots of crowding. It was such a huge pressure relief my teeth still ached for about 2-3 more weeks because they were shifting back to where they should have been, it sucked but after those two weeks haven't had a problem out of my mouth, that was 8 years ago. Good luck, hope everything goes smooth and you recover as fast as I did!

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:28 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Thanks. Just heavily impacted wisdom teeth. Know it doesn't sound like much but the jaw aches, insane preasure behind my right eye, headaches, full blown nausea among stiffness in my neck and shoulders is killer.

Teeth have to be cut into pieces before they can be pulled out. So excited....!
My roommate had the same problem last year and all the pain made him ready to explode at the sound of a pin drop. I've had a few oral surgeries, make sure to enjoy the feeling between when they start injecting you to when you fall asleep. It feels awesome haha

Also, enjoy the the lethal H. That's the pipe I hope to get eventually.
KARgt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:23 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
Good luck with the surgery, when I was in high school I had my wisdom teeth removed and I was driving later that day (even though you're not supposed to lol). But I had heavily impacted wisdom teeth as well, all four were growing straight forward to the front of my mouth and caused lots of crowding. It was such a huge pressure relief my teeth still ached for about 2-3 more weeks because they were shifting back to where they should have been, it sucked but after those two weeks haven't had a problem out of my mouth, that was 8 years ago. Good luck, hope everything goes smooth and you recover as fast as I did!
Yeah man I believe it. I just have been so excited. I imagine the relief was amazing haha. Sounds like mine all growing in sideways straight into all the other teeth and infected too.

---------- Post added at 01:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by KARgt13 View Post

My roommate had the same problem last year and all the pain made him ready to explode at the sound of a pin drop. I've had a few oral surgeries, make sure to enjoy the feeling between when they start injecting you to when you fall asleep. It feels awesome haha

Also, enjoy the the lethal H. That's the pipe I hope to get eventually.
That's how I feel now man. I try so hard but I've blown up at people I never intended too. Have to turn around and apologize all then time. That stinls having to have those surgeries man. I had tonsils adenoids and a deviated septum fixed a little over a year ago. Was a fun experience.....Lol.

Thanks on the H pipe I hear nothing but good things!
Old 05-28-2013, 12:31 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

I had the exact same problem 4 years ago. You pretty much explained everything I was going thru to a T. I kept pushing the surgery back because sometimes the pain would subside. Once I finally had good insurance, I had them taken out immediately. The best advice I can give you is to follow all their instructions when it comes to after care. Don't be shy with the Vicodin, take them as prescribed to stay ahead of the pain. Keep ice packs on your cheeks the first night, get creative with keeping them attached. I used a scarf. You'll be hungry from not eating anything leading up to the procedure, so on your way home drop off your prescriptions, make a b-line to Wendy's, Frostys will be your best friend the first night. Do not use a straw! Rinse and gargle often with warm salt water after every time you eat. And slowly work your way up to firmer foods, don't rush it. You want them to heal properly and a mouth full of blood and a possible infection is not fun. I lived off of Taco Bell soft shell tacos for the first few days, then graduated to PB&J, and so on. Good Luck!
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:46 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC_SmOziLLa View Post
I had the exact same problem 4 years ago. You pretty much explained everything I was going thru to a T. I kept pushing the surgery back because sometimes the pain would subside. Once I finally had good insurance, I had them taken out immediately. The best advice I can give you is to follow all their instructions when it comes to after care. Don't be shy with the Vicodin, take them as prescribed to stay ahead of the pain. Keep ice packs on your cheeks the first night, get creative with keeping them attached. I used a scarf. You'll be hungry from not eating anything leading up to the procedure, so on your way home drop off your prescriptions, make a b-line to Wendy's, Frostys will be your best friend the first night. Do not use a straw! Rinse and gargle often with warm salt water after every time you eat. And slowly work your way up to firmer foods, don't rush it. You want them to heal properly and a mouth full of blood and a possible infection is not fun. I lived off of Taco Bell soft shell tacos for the first few days, then graduated to PB&J, and so on. Good Luck!
Thanks for the information man. Pretty much what my care sheet says. Cold liquids first day, frosty is a good idea, was thinking making protein shakes with milk too. Then they said the next day warm foods depending on how I feel. No I won't use any straws haha. That would be bad! I'll live off protein shakes for 3 weeks if that is what it takes. Haha.
Old 05-28-2013, 01:30 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Frostys are the best. They're filling, delicious, and the coldness helps with the swelling.
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:07 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...ps827f3292.mp4

Here's a clip of my lethal O/R H in conjunction with pypes super system.
MGW SHORT SHIFTER
CDC CHIN SPOILER W/ BLACK BILLET GRILLS
BLACK JLT OIL SEPARATOR
ThinBlueLine is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT