Anybody use these?? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-30-2013, 06:13 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Anybody use these??

Just got a almost brand new set of BMR relo brackets from my buddy for $70, so need to order some lcas to go with them. My buddy told me about these that seem pretty popular with the gt500 crowd. Anybody have experience with them?? They seem identical to the bmr design but are $100 cheaper.
http://shop.bobsautosports.com/Bille...ol-arms-05.htm

Here are the Bmrs
http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...r-Control-Arms
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2013, 06:17 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Almost everyone gets these

particular reason you want the others?
Old 05-30-2013, 06:19 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post
Almost everyone gets these

particular reason you want the others?
The others just seemed like a stronger design, but im not making any crazy power so dont know that i would see a benefit anyway
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2013, 08:46 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post

The others just seemed like a stronger design, but im not making any crazy power so dont know that i would see a benefit anyway
They seem like they are made lighter too, which won't be by much. I vote not to bother with the others unless you are hell bent and determined to waste money.
Old 05-30-2013, 08:52 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

They seem like they are made lighter too, which won't be by much. I vote not to bother with the others unless you are hell bent and determined to waste money.
Haha well no way in hell i would buy those BMRs $350, but an extra $70 on the other pair may be worth it if its a better quality part. But yeah, i gonna have to agree with you only because ill most likely never be pushing my car hard enough to feel the difference anyway.
Old 05-31-2013, 08:46 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

There's also these - and they have a lifetime warranty.

05-14 Mustang Billet Rear Lower Control Arms Polished

These as well:
Steeda Billet Mustang Rear Lower Control Arms - Polyurethane Bushings (05-14 All) 555-4405 - Free Shipping!

And these:
Hotchkis Mustang Rear Lower Control Arms (05-14 All) 1316 - Free Shipping!

Lots of options ... and those are just billet ones. There are all kinds of choices with spherical ends and that are adjustable - which is something you might want to look into since these brackets are making almost everyones' axle off-center.
Old 05-31-2013, 08:56 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85 View Post
There's also these - and they have a lifetime warranty.

05-14 Mustang Billet Rear Lower Control Arms Polished

These as well:
Steeda Billet Mustang Rear Lower Control Arms - Polyurethane Bushings (05-14 All) 555-4405 - Free Shipping!

And these:
Hotchkis Mustang Rear Lower Control Arms (05-14 All) 1316 - Free Shipping!

Lots of options ... and those are just billet ones. There are all kinds of choices with spherical ends and that are adjustable - which is something you might want to look into since these brackets are making almost everyones' axle off-center.
So you think id be better off going with an adjustable set?
Something like this?
http://www.americanmuscle.com/whitel...-lca-0513.html
Old 05-31-2013, 03:43 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
So you think id be better off going with an adjustable set?
Something like this?
Whiteline Mustang Adjustable Rear Lower Control Arms (05-14 All) KTA140 - Free Shipping!
I think you should, because you can always set the adjustables to stock length and have the ability to change them down the road, where fixed LCAs would require you to purchase new ones if you need adjustability.
Old 05-31-2013, 04:41 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85 View Post

I think you should, because you can always set the adjustables to stock length and have the ability to change them down the road, where fixed LCAs would require you to purchase new ones if you need adjustability.
Yeah good point. Which brand would you recommend to go with the bmr brackets? I have heard really good things about whiteline products.[COLOR="Silver"]
Old 05-31-2013, 04:50 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I've ran just about every LCA known to man. The two quietest and nicest I found are the METCO's and Whitelines.
Old 05-31-2013, 05:39 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

The only brand I've ever run is UPR and I've been very happy with them. That said, Whileline and BMR are excellent as well from everything I've heard.
Old 05-31-2013, 06:07 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman33 View Post
I've ran just about every LCA known to man. The two quietest and nicest I found are the METCO's and Whitelines.
Good deal. And they will work with the bmr brackets alright?
Old 05-31-2013, 06:08 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Good deal. And they will work with the bmr brackets alright?
Yessir.
Old 05-31-2013, 06:09 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yessir.
Awesome think ill go with those. Jayman, i sent you a PM.
Old 05-31-2013, 06:38 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
I have a set of Whiteline LCAs I plan to put on when I do my suspension. Heard nothing but good things about their products. Picked them up from Autoanything.com along with Whiteline's panhard bar & bracket. They were the cheapest place I found and were even cheaper using their 15% off coupon code for new customers. They also offer free shipping
2010GBGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 07:44 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010GBGT View Post
I have a set of Whiteline LCAs I plan to put on when I do my suspension. Heard nothing but good things about their products. Picked them up from Autoanything.com along with Whiteline's panhard bar & bracket. They were the cheapest place I found and were even cheaper using their 15% off coupon code for new customers. They also offer free shipping
Jayman will be cheaper. Promise
Old 05-31-2013, 07:53 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Jayman will be cheaper. Promise
The price he sent me was amazing. Not even gonna ATTEMPT to find them cheaper.
Old 06-01-2013, 10:01 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
What do these lower control arms do to help traction? increase camber ?
MaggioM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 10:08 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Last I looked the rear was a solid axle and camber is fixed at 0.

The LCAs alone really don't do tons for traction, that's more the tires job. Stiffenting up the arms reduced uncontrolled axle motions that lead to destructive wheelhop which destroys traction and parts in the process.

The upper arm is where most of the problem lies, not the lower. You'd be better served putting your adjustment up there, rather than at the LCAs as getting two arms to be precisely equally aligned in the driveway poses some challenges.
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 10:08 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggioM View Post
What do these lower control arms do to help traction? increase camber ?
Help keep the rear end planted an in alignment.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 11:55 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO View Post
Last I looked the rear was a solid axle and camber is fixed at 0.

The LCAs alone really don't do tons for traction, that's more the tires job. Stiffenting up the arms reduced uncontrolled axle motions that lead to destructive wheelhop which destroys traction and parts in the process.

The upper arm is where most of the problem lies, not the lower. You'd be better served putting your adjustment up there, rather than at the LCAs as getting two arms to be precisely equally aligned in the driveway poses some challenges.
The reason im going to go adjustable is because of what Napolean already mentioned. Have you seen the threads lately about peoples rear ends shifting when using the lca brackets? Go check it out. They whiteline lcas come pre-adjusted to the stock length, so i wont need to measure anything right off the bat, but it will be nice to have the adjustability incase i need it in the future.
Old 06-01-2013, 11:59 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

The reason im going to go adjustable is because of what Napolean already mentioned. Have you seen the threads lately about peoples rear ends shifting when using the lca brackets? Go check it out. They whiteline lcas come pre-adjusted to the stock length, so i wont need to measure anything right off the bat, but it will be nice to have the adjustability incase i need it in the future.
And how many people with the small shift have really been having issues? This just came around as an issue but has to have been happening for as long as these companies have been making control arms for the 2011+. Sometimes people just over react.
Old 06-01-2013, 12:09 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

And how many people with the small shift have really been having issues? This just came around as an issue but has to have been happening for as long as these companies have been making control arms for the 2011+. Sometimes people just over react.
I agree, but if its a known issue now, with the price jayman is giving me, i dont mind spending a few extra bucks to have the option to fix it if need be.
Old 06-01-2013, 12:19 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
I run these, and have for 25k miles.

05-14 Mustang Pro Street Urethane Lower Control Arms

With relocation brackets my rear is right in line were it belongs measured from front wheel hub to rear and measurement was with 1/16". I have been running these with 600whp for over 4,500 miles.
Old 06-01-2013, 12:29 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I agree, but if its a known issue now, with the price jayman is giving me, i dont mind spending a few extra bucks to have the option to fix it if need be.
Just keep in mind they have to be set perfectly or you can end up worse off. They have to be set with the car 100% level and the rear axle loaded. Gonna need a drive on lift to set them correctly.
Old 06-01-2013, 12:38 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Just keep in mind they have to be set perfectly or you can end up worse off. They have to be set with the car 100% level and the rear axle loaded. Gonna need a drive on lift to set them correctly.
Yeah thats my only concern. Ill think about it over the weekend.
Old 06-01-2013, 01:30 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
What you're doing by going adjustable is building in more failure modes for a problem that only may occur. You should not be fixing a shifted axle bracket by changing the length of the control arm. You should fix what shifted by either repairing it or welding, depending on how bad the damage is.

Don't **** about with this stuff.
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 01:33 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO View Post
What you're doing by going adjustable is building in more failure modes for a problem that only may occur. You should not be fixing a shifted axle bracket by changing the length of the control arm. You should fix what shifted by either repairing it or welding, depending on how bad the damage is.

Don't **** about with this stuff.
+1
Old 06-01-2013, 02:14 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Ok, then what would be the better option from these 2 for a daily driver? Im looking for what would be the quietest setup. Is it worth the extra cash to go with a spherical bearing?

http://shop.hypermotiveperformance.c...ric-TCA022.htm

http://shop.hypermotiveperformance.c...ane-TCA019.htm
Old 06-01-2013, 02:16 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ok, then what would be the better option from these 2 for a daily driver? Im looking for what would be the quietest setup. Is it worth the extra cash to go with a spherical bearing?

Lower Control Arms, Boxed, DOM, Non-adj, Polyurethane & Spheric

Lower Control Arms, Boxed, DOM, Non-adjustable, Polyurethane
the poly ones. The spherical are going to transmit a lot more NVH and be a lot rougher. Not for DD in any way shape or form.
Old 06-01-2013, 02:18 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

the poly ones. The spherical are going to transmit a lot more NVH and be a lot rougher. Not for DD in any way shape or form.
So these are your #1 recommendation for a quiet street setup?

http://shop.hypermotiveperformance.c...ane-TCA019.htm
Old 06-01-2013, 02:25 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
So these are your #1 recommendation for a quiet street setup?

Lower Control Arms, Boxed, DOM, Non-adjustable, Polyurethane
it's what I have on my DD...I've heard whiteline is quieter, but I can't see it being much. I have everything BMR. UCA, LCA, Panhard, brackets for everything.
Old 06-01-2013, 03:12 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

it's what I have on my DD...I've heard whiteline is quieter, but I can't see it being much. I have everything BMR. UCA, LCA, Panhard, brackets for everything.
Gotcha. Cant seem to find a non - adjustable set from whiteline, so ill probably end up going with those.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT