Barton short throw and 2 post bracket. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-30-2013, 03:31 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Barton 2-post or Regular Barton Shifter Bracket

So I'm buying a shifter bracket for my 14' GT and I was wondering if I should go with the 2-post or the regular barton shifter bracket. Is there any real advantage with the 2-post? Any insite on this would be great thanks.
AnthonyK1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2013, 06:09 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyK1313 View Post
So I'm buying a shifter bracket for my 14' GT and I was wondering if I should go with the 2-post or the regular barton shifter bracket. Is there any real advantage with the 2-post? Any insite on this would be great thanks.
The 2-post design allows for front to back motion of the drive train under hard acceleration. Basically it will eliminate side-to-side movement just like the original, but by allowing front to back motion it reduces alot of vibration coming up threw the shifter. Get the 2-post, its worth it. I love mine.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 06:20 PM   #3

Region: Louisiana
Barton short throw and 2 post bracket.

Hey, has anyone who installed, or know someone who installed the Barton short throw and 2 post bracket, had problems initially after instillation? I just installed mine and it seems to "shutter" or whatever when revving the engine? Also when I go to take off and just slowly release the clutch to move without adding any other acceleration it seems as if it wants to kill when normally on the stock system is keeps the RPM's at 1k or so. Any ideas?
2014 Black GT Air Raid Race intake, BAMA performance Tune. Barton Short Throw Shifter with 2 post bracket, Roush axel-back exhaust, 20% tint on windows with 5% strip, 19X9.5 Niche Targa Rims, with Michelin Pilot A/S 3 265/40/19.
Stang_RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2013, 06:25 PM   #4
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
We just had a thread on this, I'm going to merge them

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 06:27 PM   #5

Thanks you, didnt realize there was another thread.
2014 Black GT Air Raid Race intake, BAMA performance Tune. Barton Short Throw Shifter with 2 post bracket, Roush axel-back exhaust, 20% tint on windows with 5% strip, 19X9.5 Niche Targa Rims, with Michelin Pilot A/S 3 265/40/19.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:57 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang_RN View Post
Hey, has anyone who installed, or know someone who installed the Barton short throw and 2 post bracket, had problems initially after instillation? I just installed mine and it seems to "shutter" or whatever when revving the engine? Also when I go to take off and just slowly release the clutch to move without adding any other acceleration it seems as if it wants to kill when normally on the stock system is keeps the RPM's at 1k or so. Any ideas?
Not sure why its dying when you take off, but what do you mean by shutter when revving?? The barton setup will have more vibration and noise then the stock shifter and bracket, due to the fact the the bracket is metal, and not rubber. I would double check to make sure that the bolts on the bracket are tight, and were evenly drawn in. If the extra road noise and vibs bother you, put some sound deadening meterial around the shifter under the center console.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Old 05-30-2013, 10:22 PM   #7

thanks for the reply, yea I tightened up the bolts a 1/4 turn more and it feels better. That makes sense now, about the vibrations, considering the stock bracket is like 75% rubber, and the 2 post is all metal. The vibrations when revving is apparently the torquing of the engine, or so i was told by my car savvy friend. I Love the reduction but i will say the noise is barely audible, vibrations are quite noticeable, and its a little harsh. Then again this is my first short throw shifter, and its hard to compare to other manufacturers.
Old 05-30-2013, 10:42 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
thanks for the reply, yea I tightened up the bolts a 1/4 turn more and it feels better. That makes sense now, about the vibrations, considering the stock bracket is like 75% rubber, and the 2 post is all metal. The vibrations when revving is apparently the torquing of the engine, or so i was told by my car savvy friend. I Love the reduction but i will say the noise is barely audible, vibrations are quite noticeable, and its a little harsh. Then again this is my first short throw shifter, and its hard to compare to other manufacturers.
Finally, an honest review.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 04:18 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah i will agree with you. I love mine tho. The extra noise and vibrations bothered me a bit at first, but i got used to it fast. With the way the shifts feel now, its worth it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT