GrabberBlue5.0 build thread - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-15-2013, 01:15 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
Went to track last night and hit a new PB!

I had two goals, sub 2 second 60' and 94 mph trap. Well my highest trap was only almost 91 but as we can see I hit my 60' goal! Also, 8.25 is a new PB by 2 tenths. Pretty happy with yesterday's results.

DA was 2350 and I was only running a 91 octane email tune. Up next is a dyno tune!
I guess your DA was why you ran a 8.25, but that seems high to me. I ran a 7.89@92.3mph with a 1.76 60ft. My mods were CF air raid(untuned version), roush AB, JBA after cat H-pipe, 3:55s, Barton 2 post bracket, Ford racing TB, Ford racing billet LCA'S, roush springs , white line panhard, and staggered 19" gt500 wheels with nitto invos. This was in San Antonio Texas, which is hot as hell all year lol. I found if you heat the tires up pretty good you can launch just above 1000rpms and roll into the throttle in 1st feathering the clutch till about 2500rpms and I don't get wheelspin.

Anyway, you car sounds beast! Liking the new headers. Id put them on my car, but I can't swallow the price tag per how much gain they give you. Savin up for that whipple instead!
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2013, 02:58 PM   #72
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
You're probably also a much better driver than I am. I'll be the first to admit that I'm a mediocre drag racer. That's only about the 13th time I've ever been down a drag strip, and only the 3rd time with those mods. My car has been radically different every time I've been. Those 13 passes have been split up between 4 track outings each about 6 months apart from each other

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 03:18 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
You're probably also a much better driver than I am. I'll be the first to admit that I'm a mediocre drag racer. That's only about the 13th time I've ever been down a drag strip, and only the 3rd time with those mods. My car has been radically different every time I've been. Those 13 passes have been split up between 4 track outings each about 6 months apart from each other
That makes a huge difference! Seat time is probably the most important thing to have when drab racing. Just this past weekend I watched a 13 second dually dodge cummins repeatedly beat a 2012 gt500 because the gt500 could not launch consistently. The gt500 even ran a 14.48@ 106mph which is horrible for that car lol. 106mph would easily get you in the low 13s if you could launch it. That car should have been trapping about 10-15mph faster than that though.

It's amazing what these cars can do on the factory tune. I'm hoping I can get into the 11s without even touching the intake manifold before I put the whipple on. I'm working on getting some slicks and skinnies for the track, but it's not as much of a priority as it could be. I find myself blowing thousands every year on the lightning with race fuel, transport, breaking things, or upgrading so I leave little for my 5.0 in terms of comparison.
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2013, 03:44 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
Please tell me its not a turbo off a cummins. My buddies boy is trying to put one on his Honda, the thing is bigger than his engine. Lol
The hx 35 looks bigger than it acually is the housing doesn't determine the size the turbine wheel does but yeah it's too big for a Honda
Old 06-15-2013, 05:17 PM   #75
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

^ Why did you post a quote from another thread in here?

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 06-15-2013, 05:45 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
^ Why did you post a quote from another thread in here?
Lmao
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:53 PM   #77
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

I've got some Steeda ultra lites coming in that should be here Monday, I'm looking for a bit more of a drop for a better stance. I currently am runnin FRPP p springs with a 1" drop. The Steeda springs are 1.25 f and 1.5 rear drop.

In response to evil, you probably have taller tires than I do so it looks like yours is dropped lower than mine

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 06-15-2013, 08:05 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
I've got some Steeda ultra lites coming in that should be here Monday, I'm looking for a bit more of a drop for a better stance. I currently am runnin FRPP p springs with a 1" drop. The Steeda springs are 1.25 f and 1.5 rear drop.

In response to evil, you probably have taller tires than I do so it looks like yours is dropped lower than mine
Im running 275/40/19 in the rear and 245/45/19 in the front. Your going to love the ride tho man. Feels exactly the way you would expect a car like this too. Stiff but not harsh at all. With the lcas and brackets i just put on too, the car hooks like a bat outta hell. Even with the general g-max tires from AM.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 08:14 PM   #79
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post

Im running 275/40/19 in the rear and 245/45/19 in the front. Your going to love the ride tho man. Feels exactly the way you would expect a car like this too. Stiff but not harsh at all. With the lcas and brackets i just put on too, the car hooks like a bat outta hell. Even with the general g-max tires from AM.
Yea those 275/40 tires are taller than the 305/30 that I have. They g max tires are great all season tires. I just don't know how you get them to hook really well lol

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 06-15-2013, 08:19 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yea those 275/40 tires are taller than the 305/30 that I have. They g max tires are great all season tires. I just don't know how you get them to hook really well lol
Trust me i was as surprised as you are lol. Im sure the 90+ degree weather right now is helping a lot. Haha the fiance is getting me some 285 MT street comps for the rear for my bday hehehe. Then it will REALLY hook haha
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Old 06-15-2013, 08:25 PM   #81
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:

Trust me i was as surprised as you are lol. Im sure the 90+ degree weather right now is helping a lot. Haha the fiance is getting me some 285 MT street comps for the rear for my bday hehehe. Then it will REALLY hook haha
Yea those will be awesome! My michelin PSS hook really great, at the track I could spin them, I left from idle on every pass but I can still usually spin them at wot above 4500 rpms. Maybe next track outing I could leave from 3k rpms. I'd love to be able to leave from 4-5 k of I could though so the motor wouldn't bog when I launch

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 06-15-2013, 08:45 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yea those will be awesome! My michelin PSS hook really great, at the track I could spin them, I left from idle on every pass but I can still usually spin them at wot above 4500 rpms. Maybe next track outing I could leave from 3k rpms. I'd love to be able to leave from 4-5 k of I could though so the motor wouldn't bog when I launch
Yeah that would be awesome. I need to get out to the track and see what this thing will do. Free time is a hard thing to come by nowadays haha. Im loving the new exhaust tho on yours with the LTs, sounds sick man
Old 06-15-2013, 08:54 PM   #83
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Thanks, I'm going to upload some vids of yesterday's passes tonight or in the morning. You really be able to hear it then

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 06-15-2013, 09:00 PM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Thanks, I'm going to upload some vids of yesterday's passes tonight or in the morning. You really be able to hear it then
Looking forward to it. My good friend has the same LTs and o/r x on his gt500, but with the mbrp axleback. Sounds way to raspy for my liking. Yours sounds much cleaner and throatier.
Old 06-15-2013, 09:18 PM   #85
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:

Looking forward to it. My good friend has the same LTs and o/r x on his gt500, but with the mbrp axleback. Sounds way to raspy for my liking. Yours sounds much cleaner and throatier.
The LT's made the car sound deeper and throatier and helped cleaned up the exhaust note. I think it trumpets a little more now but still sounds absolutely amazing. I really wanna try to find an h pipe that fits the stainless works LT's.

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 06-15-2013, 09:39 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

The LT's made the car sound deeper and throatier and helped cleaned up the exhaust note. I think it trumpets a little more now but still sounds absolutely amazing. I really wanna try to find an h pipe that fits the stainless works LT's.
That would sound amazing. But i still think the setup you have now is great. Ill probably go that same route once i decide to void my warranty haha
Old 06-16-2013, 07:59 AM   #87
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

video of my best pass friday night, 8.25 @ 88 with a 2.0 60'. The red Kia in the lane next to me was a buddy of mine, he was running 11.5's at 64 lol

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 06-16-2013, 09:24 AM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85 View Post
Those Forgestars are amazingly sexy in person.
Agree ... I love my CF5's ...
mmike87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:30 AM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

video of my best pass friday night, 8.25 @ 88 with a 2.0 60'. The red Kia in the lane next to me was a buddy of mine, he was running 11.5's at 64 lol
Nice man. Exhaust sounds great. I think the kia was sandbaggin tho, he could have had ya. Lol
Old 06-16-2013, 10:23 AM   #90
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:

Nice man. Exhaust sounds great. I think the kia was sandbaggin tho, he could have had ya. Lol
Yea at the end of the night he told me he was taking it easy on me lol

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 06-16-2013, 11:16 AM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:

Nice run! Exhaust sounds beast!!!!!
Old 06-16-2013, 11:19 AM   #92
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Quote:

Your not going to get a bigger drop with the ultra lites. The only difference between the ultra lites and sports are the rears spring rate. It might drop your rear slightly lower but I bet you won't be able to tell the difference. I would have went with k springs.
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 12:11 PM   #93
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post

Your not going to get a bigger drop with the ultra lites. The only difference between the ultra lites and sports are the rears spring rate. It might drop your rear slightly lower but I bet you won't be able to tell the difference. I would have went with k springs.
I'm not sure why you're comparing the Steeda sports and the Steeda ultra lites. I said that I am running FRPP p springs, which have a 1" drop on all four corners. I am switching to the Steeda ultralites which have a 1.25" drop in the front and a 1.5" drop in the rear. So why would you have went with the k springs?

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 06-16-2013, 12:43 PM   #94
Road Trip!

Quote:

I'm not sure why you're comparing the Steeda sports and the Steeda ultra lites. I said that I am running FRPP p springs, which have a 1" drop on all four corners. I am switching to the Steeda ultralites which have a 1.25" drop in the front and a 1.5" drop in the rear. So why would you have went with the k springs?
My point is, the ultra lites are not any different than the sports other than the rear spring rate. The sports are essentially the same drop as the frpp springs. So...your not going to see a real difference. I've had all three. But go ahead and get them and see for yourself.
Old 06-16-2013, 01:04 PM   #95
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:

My point is, the ultra lites are not any different than the sports other than the rear spring rate. The sports are essentially the same drop as the frpp springs. So...your not going to see a real difference. I've had all three. But go ahead and get them and see for yourself.
Steeda sport is 1" front and 1.25" rear. The ultra lites are 1.25 and 1.5". So that means my car will be a little lower in front and even more so in the rear. Which is what I'm going for. I want the rear lower than it is now. Plus I got the ultra lites for $150 so I figured for that price I should jump on them.

With your thought process even the k- springs wouldn't offer much of a difference either because its "only" another 1/4" in the front lower than the ultra lites. Only way to see a real difference would be with coil overs or air I guess right?

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 06-16-2013, 01:09 PM   #96
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Steeda sport is 1" front and 1.25" rear. The ultra lites are 1.25 and 1.5". So that means my car will be a little lower in front and even more so in the rear. Which is what I'm going for. I want the rear lower than it is now. Plus I got the ultra lites for $150 so I figured for that price I should jump on them.

With your thought process even the k- springs wouldn't offer much of a difference either because its "only" another 1/4" in the front lower than the ultra lites. Only way to see a real difference would be with coil overs or air I guess right?
Your car is going to look absolutely sick with just that 1/4" up front and 1/2" difference in the rear. When it comes to stance, a 1/4-1/2" is a world of difference to the trained eye.
Old 06-16-2013, 01:11 PM   #97
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

$150????? Thats a steal! Im jealous, I paid $255 for mine lol
Old 06-16-2013, 01:16 PM   #98
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

$150????? Thats a steal! Im jealous, I paid $255 for mine lol
He steals parts for his car all the time. Lol. $300 brembos, $400 FRPP Sports, $150 Springs, $100 paint matched coil covers, $200 MGW, I could go on. Lmao
Old 06-16-2013, 01:18 PM   #99
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC_SmOziLLa View Post

He steals parts for his car all the time. Lol. $300 brembos, $400 FRPP Sports, $150 Springs, $100 paint matched coil covers, $200 MGW, I could go on. Lmao
Holy s*** Lol, i need to figure out how he does it then!
Old 06-16-2013, 01:21 PM   #100
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Holy s*** Lol, i need to figure out how he does it then!
You don't want to know his secrets. Lol.
Old 06-16-2013, 01:28 PM   #101
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

You don't want to know his secrets. Lol.
Lmao.. Ill take your word for it.
Old 06-16-2013, 01:52 PM   #102
Road Trip!

Quote:

I measured my ultralites and I got 1 and 1.3. If the front springs are exactly the same as the sports, why do you think it would lower it more? I get what your saying, but the manufacturers estimated drop and actual drop are different. Each application depends on each car. Call steeda and ask them what the difference is between the two.

I'm just giving you my personal experience between the two. If I were you, I would have chosen the sports over the ultralites, the handle much better and the drop is pretty much the same.

---------- Post added at 12:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 PM ----------

Quote:

Your car is going to look absolutely sick with just that 1/4" up front and 1/2" difference in the rear. When it comes to stance, a 1/4-1/2" is a world of difference to the trained eye.
Sure...I bet you couldn't tell the difference between the sports and ultralites in person or in photos.
Old 06-16-2013, 01:57 PM   #103
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

My secret is just that I'm a cheap *** and I wait till I find an excellent deal on something before I buy it, I only pay new prices for new stuff, and I won't pay but about half of new for something used. People want to pay next to nothing for used stuff but expect to get full retail for their own used stuff. If you ever pay attention to the things I sell I sell them for about what I would expect to pay for them used, usually about 50-60% of retail.

Btw I also bought my roush mufflers that I had for $240 shipped to my door. My stainless power long tubes cost me a hair over $800 brand new from vendor instead of $1000, my 19x10 forgestars were $700 shipped for both to my door. Retail is close to $500 per wheel and even AM sells the for $420 per wheel.

My cheapness knows no bounds lol

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 06-16-2013, 02:00 PM   #104
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:

Sure...I bet you couldn't tell the difference between the sports and ultralites in person or in photos.
He's seen my car one time in person last August. When I put these wheels on in May he immediately noticed that my 305/30 tires were .3" shorter in the rear than the 275/35 were, he only saw 3 pics before he noticed as well

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 06-16-2013, 02:08 PM   #105
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
My secret is just that I'm a cheap *** and I wait till I find an excellent deal on something before I buy it, I only pay new prices for new stuff, and I won't pay but about half of new for something used. People want to pay next to nothing for used stuff but expect to get full retail for their own used stuff. If you ever pay attention to the things I sell I sell them for about what I would expect to pay for them used, usually about 50-60% of retail.

Btw I also bought my roush mufflers that I had for $240 shipped to my door. My stainless power long tubes cost me a hair over $800 brand new from vendor instead of $1000, my 19x10 forgestars were $700 shipped for both to my door. Retail is close to $500 per wheel and even AM sells the for $420 per wheel.

My cheapness knows no bounds lol
Thats awesome man. How do you get this stuff from the vendor so cheap? Are you a distributor?

---------- Post added at 03:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

Quote:

I measured my ultralites and I got 1 and 1.3. If the front springs are exactly the same as the sports, why do you think it would lower it more? I get what your saying, but the manufacturers estimated drop and actual drop are different. Each application depends on each car. Call steeda and ask them what the difference is between the two.

I'm just giving you my personal experience between the two. If I were you, I would have chosen the sports over the ultralites, the handle much better and the drop is pretty much the same.

---------- Post added at 12:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 PM ----------

Are you sure you measured AFTER the springs settled? I measured my ultralites about 2 weeks after putting them on, and i was dropped almost exactly 1.5" all around.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT