GrabberBlue5.0 build thread - Page 5 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-25-2013, 09:29 AM   #141
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedimindtricks View Post
Good Luck with the dealer, hopefully you get some real customer support. Do you have USAA?
Yea I sure do, why?

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2013, 11:41 AM   #142
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
That sucks Dave!! I'm assuming u get the extended warranty?? Hopefully its not your trans :-/
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:07 PM   #143
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

^ I had it but sold it back. Factory powertrain warranty is 5 yrs 60k so it's still under factory warranty unless my mods have voided the warranty

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2013, 05:37 PM   #144
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
How many miles do you have???
Charged13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 05:49 PM   #145
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
^ I had it but sold it back. Factory powertrain warranty is 5 yrs 60k so it's still under factory warranty unless my mods have voided the warranty
Dave, if you have to buy a trans let me know bro.
Old 07-25-2013, 06:00 PM   #146
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman33 View Post

Dave, if you have to buy a trans let me know bro.
Will do, I know that I'll be taken care of

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 07-25-2013, 06:27 PM   #147
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charged13 View Post
How many miles do you have???
48k on a 2011 GT built in late 2010 I think, I'll have to double check the door jamb when I get home

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 07-25-2013, 07:35 PM   #148
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:

48k on a 2011 GT built in late 2010 I think, I'll have to double check the door jamb when I get home
I remember going to service when getting my 1st oil change (and last) they were able to give my a service history of the car and it actually showed my build date... Man I hope your situation is minor, u ever changed your rear gears? Sounds like it could be something like that... U should check your fluid
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:45 PM   #149
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Hate it for you man, hopefully you have a good relationship with your dealer. Never hurts to have someone in your corner. If I had a dealer near me, I'd let them change my oil just to build a relationship.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:03 PM   #150
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

I have a decent relationship with them, they changed my oil up until 40k and they never said a word about any of my mods even with other warranty work I've had done

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 07-25-2013, 08:11 PM   #151
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

I know it was brief but did the sound change at all when you pressed the clutch?
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 10:14 PM   #152
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone View Post
I know it was brief but did the sound change at all when you pressed the clutch?
The sound went away when I pressed the clutch pedal

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 07-26-2013, 05:28 AM   #153
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
The guy I bought most of my bolt ons from has had the same issue with his early 2011 car. He's currently "waiting" for a tranny. It's been sitting at the dealer for going on 2 months now. Ford is saying the transmissions are on back order or some crap?

---------- Post added at 06:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 AM ----------

Sounds more like a fly wheel issue tho? The early 2011's had issues with the fly wheel bolts coming loose. I believe there's a TSB for it?
2013 5.0 m6 base 3.31's tint 20in Shelby razors 255/35/20 falken fk 452's koni srt.t's sr springs j&m phb gt500 mounts upr rear billet lower ca's upr brackets upr adjustable upper ca flowmaster at classics steeda cat deletes airaid cai premium st brace jlt catch can MGW shifter and blk ball. Currently bama tuned 400hp 383tq. Zex blackout kit w/msd digital window switch, fpss, zex bottle heater, bottle opener, blow down, and purge with a dyno tune coming soon..
ddinn25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 05:52 AM   #154
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

While I'd say the flywheel issue is a good thought, remember that it's speed dependent, not rpm dependent. A flywheel issue will be rpm dependent. Hopefully I'm not waiting that long for a trans... Hopefully it's covered under warranty

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 07-26-2013, 06:08 AM   #155
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Well...here's the thing. Even if they do repair your transmission, the chances of you having more issues down the road are likely. Since your pretty close to the end of your power train warranty, I would consider saving for a new trans in the event that it fails again after the 12k you have left in you warranty.
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 06:16 AM   #156
Registered Member
Regular

Or buy into an extended warranty? If I'm not mistaken its about a 3rd the price of a loaded tremec xl with a clutch?
2013 5.0 m6 base 3.31's tint 20in Shelby razors 255/35/20 falken fk 452's koni srt.t's sr springs j&m phb gt500 mounts upr rear billet lower ca's upr brackets upr adjustable upper ca flowmaster at classics steeda cat deletes airaid cai premium st brace jlt catch can MGW shifter and blk ball. Currently bama tuned 400hp 383tq. Zex blackout kit w/msd digital window switch, fpss, zex bottle heater, bottle opener, blow down, and purge with a dyno tune coming soon..
Old 07-26-2013, 07:27 AM   #157
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Quote:

The sound went away when I pressed the clutch pedal
So if the sound goes away when you press the clutch, wouldn't that mean that it's a good possibility that the problem is the clutch? Unless the noise is caused by the transmission being under load. Which I hope is not the case. I know a clutch would be expensive but I would rather pay for that rather than going through the motions with the dealer trying to get the transmission replaced.

Remember, I've got the same transmission as you and I don't know how you drive yours but I beat the **** outa mine and I've been lucky enough to be problem free so far. I know my clutch is about to kick it but my transmission seams to be holding together well. I hope yours is the same and it's something minor, like the clutch.
Old 07-26-2013, 07:37 AM   #158
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:

So if the sound goes away when you press the clutch, wouldn't that mean that it's a good possibility that the problem is the clutch? Unless the noise is caused by the transmission being under load. Which I hope is not the case. I know a clutch would be expensive but I would rather pay for that rather than going through the motions with the dealer trying to get the transmission replaced.

Remember, I've got the same transmission as you and I don't know how you drive yours but I beat the **** outa mine and I've been lucky enough to be problem free so far. I know my clutch is about to kick it but my transmission seams to be holding together well. I hope yours is the same and it's something minor, like the clutch.
If it was a clutch issue the noise would be rpm dependent and it's not, it's speed dependent. I've raced mine a handful of times on the track and I beat on with seldom but still drive slightly "radically".

Also if it was at the front of the trans I don't think I'd feel it in the shifter and hear it in the DS. I could be wrong but I think most of that noise would be absorbed by the trans if it was on the front side.

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 07-26-2013, 07:38 AM   #159
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post
Well...here's the thing. Even if they do repair your transmission, the chances of you having more issues down the road are likely. Since your pretty close to the end of your power train warranty, I would consider saving for a new trans in the event that it fails again after the 12k you have left in you warranty.
That's what I'm thinking. I want a whole new trans, whether it's under warranty or not, I want them to either replace the whole trans or if warranty work is denied I will buy a whole new trans, I don't feel like I should put a band-aid on a grenade.

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 07-26-2013, 07:41 AM   #160
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddinn25 View Post
Or buy into an extended warranty? If I'm not mistaken its about a 3rd the price of a loaded tremec xl with a clutch?
No point in buying an extended warranty on a full bolt on car. Plus I had one and I sold it back already. It's gonna suck if I have to buy a new trans but I'll just pick up as much OT as I can (there's plenty in the HVAC industry this time of year, hell yesterday was my first day back after my summer semester ended and I worked 14.25 hrs)

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 07-26-2013, 08:32 AM   #161
Registered Member
Regular

@grabberblueGT:

Were you down at Blankenship a few weekends back?
Old 07-26-2013, 08:45 AM   #162
Registered Member
Regular

Grabberblue5.0: were you at Blankenship a few weekends back?
Old 07-26-2013, 09:26 AM   #163
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Yea I sure do, why?
They are pretty good if you get addtional coverage. They usually will cover your vehicle where the warranty ends if you use the addtional coverage. I paid like 900 (5 years / 70,00)for my 2013 and the deductable is really low. Might be worth looking into. It's really simular to the factory waranty coverage, but you don't have the issue of the byas dealship. I use both factory and USAA coverage so I usually come out on top.

They have different levels of coverage avalible.
Jedimindtricks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:31 AM   #164
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
No point in buying an extended warranty on a full bolt on car. Plus I had one and I sold it back already. It's gonna suck if I have to buy a new trans but I'll just pick up as much OT as I can (there's plenty in the HVAC industry this time of year, hell yesterday was my first day back after my summer semester ended and I worked 14.25 hrs)
That's why I suggested USAA, they don't care if you use Factory parts. They just Cut the check, and you can add moeny or do what every you want. So like all most all Insurrance companies, you can decide to use bettter replacment parts and pay the difference.
Jedimindtricks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:02 AM   #165
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedimindtricks View Post

That's why I suggested USAA, they don't care if you use Factory parts. They just Cut the check, and you can add moeny or do what every you want. So like all most all Insurrance companies, you can decide to use bettter replacment parts and pay the difference.
Damn I never knew that... I need to look into it

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 07-26-2013, 11:03 AM   #166
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddinn25 View Post
Grabberblue5.0: were you at Blankenship a few weekends back?
Yea man, I know who you are know lol, I didn't know you were on here

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 07-26-2013, 02:26 PM   #167
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Unrelated car but when my 240sx throw out bearing took a crap I could feel it in the shifter. I originally though it was my transmission.
Old 07-26-2013, 02:34 PM   #168
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Unrelated car but when my 240sx throw out bearing took a crap I could feel it in the shifter. I originally though it was my transmission.
Good point, hopefully that's it.
Old 07-26-2013, 03:25 PM   #169
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

Good point, hopefully that's it.
Well I guess if his warranty will cover a new transmission that would be good too. Lol
Old 07-26-2013, 04:59 PM   #170
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Haha hopefully, but right now we are all just taking stabs in the dark with what little info I could gather while I was having a mild panic attack about my car lol, hopefully I can give better information in Saturday and I really appreciate everyone chiming in, thanks ladies and gents

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 07-26-2013, 05:00 PM   #171
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Won't a bad TOB prevent you from shifting gears at all?

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 07-26-2013, 05:27 PM   #172
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:

I was actually thinking it may be a TOB as well, just because of the fact it goes away we the clutch is pushed in (taking pressure off the TOB).

And nope i drove my ls1 for a few weeks with a bad TOB. Not recommend though, but i had no other choice at the time. Had to get to work. If possible avoid driving it at all, because if it grenades, it could cause alot of damage.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 05:28 PM   #173
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Quote:

It depends on how it failed. In my case it was broken ball bearings that caused it to tick and then when it got worse, it was more of grinding sound that would go away when I would press the clutch. But your car is too new, having a bad TOB would be kinda unusual.
Old 07-26-2013, 05:55 PM   #174
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Na, I've got an old truck that's had a bad tob for 10yrs now. It makes a lot of noise taking off, but it's still going.
Old 07-27-2013, 01:12 PM   #175
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Update:

I lifted the car off the ground and put it in gear, clanking noise turned into a faint clicking noise, maybe only 1/20th the volume of before. We believe it may be the CV joint in the DSS driveshaft that went bad, still unsure because the adapter flange is stuck in the rear diff and cannot get it out to put the stock one back in. Maybe a pulley puller will get it out?

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT