GrabberBlue5.0 build thread - Page 6 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-27-2013, 01:21 PM   #176
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
Update:

I lifted the car off the ground and put it in gear, clanking noise turned into a faint clicking noise, maybe only 1/20th the volume of before. We believe it may be the CV joint in the DSS driveshaft that went bad, still unsure because the adapter flange is stuck in the rear diff and cannot get it out to put the stock one back in. Maybe a pulley puller will get it out?
Yeah try using the puller while applying some heat. Then try to "shock" it free.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2013, 01:31 PM   #177
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Update:

I lifted the car off the ground and put it in gear, clanking noise turned into a faint clicking noise, maybe only 1/20th the volume of before. We believe it may be the CV joint in the DSS driveshaft that went bad, still unsure because the adapter flange is stuck in the rear diff and cannot get it out to put the stock one back in. Maybe a pulley puller will get it out?
Hope its only that and nothing major, hopefully u can get it squared away w/o it devastating ur pocket... Hopefully u can resolve it and still make the AM show!! Hopefully ill see u there with a clean bill of health!!
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 03:42 PM   #178
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2 View Post

Hope its only that and nothing major, hopefully u can get it squared away w/o it devastating ur pocket... Hopefully u can resolve it and still make the AM show!! Hopefully ill see u there with a clean bill of health!!
That's alot of hope and hopefully, lol
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2013, 10:42 AM   #179
Registered Member
Regular

Haha that's me being hopeful !! Happens when I multitask alot :-p
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 05:20 PM   #180
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Well, whatever it turns out to be, I know GB will get it all squared away. He's not one to cut & run.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 05:45 PM   #181
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Well turns out is what the CV shaft in the driveshaft... Not sure if it was my fault or not but I'm gonna ship it back to DSS and let them take a look at it, hopefully they'll replace it under warranty

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 06:48 PM   #182
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
?? Yeah that shouldn't have failed? That DS is designed to take some SERIOUS power! How much are you lowered and what is your current pinion angle?? This may have an effect on a one pcs DS more so than a 2 pcs? Usually it's the pinion seal and bearing that fail due to excessive + pinion angle but who knows?
2013 5.0 m6 base 3.31's tint 20in Shelby razors 255/35/20 falken fk 452's koni srt.t's sr springs j&m phb gt500 mounts upr rear billet lower ca's upr brackets upr adjustable upper ca flowmaster at classics steeda cat deletes airaid cai premium st brace jlt catch can MGW shifter and blk ball. Currently bama tuned 400hp 383tq. Zex blackout kit w/msd digital window switch, fpss, zex bottle heater, bottle opener, blow down, and purge with a dyno tune coming soon..
ddinn25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 06:52 PM   #183
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddinn25 View Post
?? Yeah that shouldn't have failed? That DS is designed to take some SERIOUS power! How much are you lowered and what is your current pinion angle?? This may have an effect on a one pcs DS more so than a 2 pcs? Usually it's the pinion seal and bearing that fail due to excessive + pinion angle but who knows?
I think hes lowered like 1.5 inches. Im sure his pinion angle is correct, as grabber is very knowledgeable about suspension. And actually pinion angle is less of a factor with a one piece DS as opposed to the stock 2-piece.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Old 07-28-2013, 08:10 PM   #184
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
Sorry to hear about this Grabber! Glad you've zeroed in on the culprit. I hope they give you a replacement DS.
Old 07-29-2013, 09:36 AM   #185
Registered Member
Regular

I know he's knowledgable. I've met and talked with him. Watched his car put GOOD #'s down on a mustang dyno.
My replies were all in the form of questions. I wasn't sure if pinion angle had more effect on a 1 piece or the stock 2 piece. Hence my reason for asking. I'm lowered 1.5 on the stocker and have no issues besides loss of traction. But I have buddies lowered 2-2.5 on the stocker and have all kinds of problems
2013 5.0 m6 base 3.31's tint 20in Shelby razors 255/35/20 falken fk 452's koni srt.t's sr springs j&m phb gt500 mounts upr rear billet lower ca's upr brackets upr adjustable upper ca flowmaster at classics steeda cat deletes airaid cai premium st brace jlt catch can MGW shifter and blk ball. Currently bama tuned 400hp 383tq. Zex blackout kit w/msd digital window switch, fpss, zex bottle heater, bottle opener, blow down, and purge with a dyno tune coming soon..
Old 07-29-2013, 12:32 PM   #186
Registered Member
Regular

good luck with that driveshaft Grabber. Hey I think I seen you yesterday getting on the Gene Snyder headed toward Bardstown. Would have waved but I couldn't get to the window fast enough.
610swolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 01:31 PM   #187
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I know he's knowledgable. I've met and talked with him. Watched his car put GOOD #'s down on a mustang dyno.
My replies were all in the form of questions. I wasn't sure if pinion angle had more effect on a 1 piece or the stock 2 piece. Hence my reason for asking. I'm lowered 1.5 on the stocker and have no issues besides loss of traction. But I have buddies lowered 2-2.5 on the stocker and have all kinds of problems
Your pinion angle is still off, and you will most likely still have problems. Just hard to tell when. Im lowered 1.5 inches as well, and thought I would be ok for awhile until i got my UCA. Well i was wrong, blew the pinion seal only after about 5k miles.
Old 07-29-2013, 04:03 PM   #188
Registered Member
Regular

Did you install a non adjustable upper? Or was the adjustable one set to the stock upper length? I know I'm on borrowed time. I'm going to be purchasing an adj upper within the next few weeks and having it set up -2.5--3.0deg
Old 07-29-2013, 04:34 PM   #189
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Did you install a non adjustable upper? Or was the adjustable one set to the stock upper length? I know I'm on borrowed time. I'm going to be purchasing an adj upper within the next few weeks and having it set up -2.5--3.0deg
I haven't installed any yet. I decided i would be ok and hold off for a bit, and do my lcas and brackets first. Wrong choice. Wish i did the UCA and mount first. Ill be buying an adjustable BMR uca and mount within the next month or 2. Hoping this seal makes it till then. If not, oh well, not a hard job.
Old 07-29-2013, 05:43 PM   #190
Registered Member
Regular

I lowered my car with BMR springs (about 1.25"). At the same time I had installed Whiteline's adjustable UCA, LCA, and Panhard. Within a week or two, I removed the UCA because of the recall and went back to stock UCA. I adjusted the LCA's to get the pinion angle near -2.0.

Within a few weeks I blew my pinion seal. The dealer replaced it under warrantee. Then I started hearing multiple clunking noise every time I let off the gas pedal and depress the clutch while going from 1st to second, and second to third. After receiving a METCO Adjustable UCA, I took it to the dealer and mentioned the noise. They said the noise will go away once they adjust the pinion with the New UCA. I figured they will also reset the LCA's.

After the the car back, I don't see any differences. In fact, the LCA's are still as I set them. Not sure what angle they set the pinion, but the mechanic was saying he will set "everything straight" to near zero.

Sometimes (actually often) I regret to have messed with the height because I hear noises everywhere. None bother me more than the noise I described above. I don't hear it first few minutes of the day, but it gets bad after driving at least half an hour. I have a feeling the problem may be the center bearing between the two piece drive shaft or somewhere within the tranny. No noise at speeds over 30 mph.

Have been thinking of getting the single piece drive haft but not sure whether this will help.

Sorry to go off on my problem. besides venting my frustration, I just want to warn everyone what might happen when lowering your cars. Plan well and make sure you know what you're doing or have someone who's done this before and are familiar with all the necessary steps involved.
Alkhalil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 08:20 PM   #191
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

I have my theories with what happened but I'm going to wait until I talk to DSS to put everything out there. I'll keep you all updated

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 07-29-2013, 08:50 PM   #192
Registered Member
Regular

Pinion related? What else is there besides manufacturing defects? I'm curious as to what the out come is?
Old 07-30-2013, 08:41 PM   #193
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Well DSS immediately told me they'd covered DS under warranty, no questions asked

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 07-30-2013, 08:48 PM   #194
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
It's a wonderful thing when people actually stand behind there product. Rate too. Glad it worked out in your favor.
Black5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:49 PM   #195
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Saaaaaaweeeeeeeeetttttt!!!!

They'll get my business for sure.
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:57 PM   #196
Registered Member
Regular

Glad they are taking care of you. You mind telling us what is was that failed?
Old 07-30-2013, 09:01 PM   #197
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black5.0 View Post
It's a wonderful thing when people actually stand behind there product. Rate too. Glad it worked out in your favor.
I know, the gist of what I said to them was, "I have a bad DS and I want to find out if it should be replaced under warranty or rebuilt." If they had told me that I would have to pay to have it rebuilt or buy a new one, I gladly would have, as I'm not sure whether or not it was my fault that it went bad.

I'm not the type of person that expects anything for free and can accept full responsibility for my own faults. And quite frankly I'm sick of people that do expect free **** and have zero accountability

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 07-30-2013, 09:45 PM   #198
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post
Glad they are taking care of you. You mind telling us what is was that failed?
I'm about 90% sure it was the cv shaft, but I'm not entirely sure why

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 07-30-2013, 10:02 PM   #199
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I'm about 90% sure it was the cv shaft, but I'm not entirely sure why
Well glad you got it figured out bro. Very nice to see a company stand behind their product, especially without giving you any run around.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:25 PM   #200
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
Well DSS immediately told me they'd covered DS under warranty, no questions asked
Good deal Grabber! I hope they send you and RMA so you can send it back for them to inspect. If it was a part I engineered, I'd want to inspect the failures.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:26 PM   #201
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post

Good deal Grabber! I hope they send you and RMA so you can send it back for them to inspect. If it was a part I engineered, I'd want to inspect the failures.
RMA?

Yea thanks, I know they're sending me a return label so that I can ship it back, I get the feeling that RMA has something to do with this

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 07-30-2013, 10:32 PM   #202
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
RMA?

Yea thanks, I know they're sending me a return label so that I can ship it back, I get the feeling that RMA has something to do with this
Return merchandise authorization. Yup!
Old 07-31-2013, 11:47 AM   #203
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
I'm still waiting on a RMA from Stage3 so I can return my defective spoiler.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:22 PM   #204
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

DSS sent me one this morning, I just have to ship it back to them now, if I have to pay for shipping then that's ok

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 07-31-2013, 12:34 PM   #205
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:

I know, the gist of what I said to them was, "I have a bad DS and I want to find out if it should be replaced under warranty or rebuilt." If they had told me that I would have to pay to have it rebuilt or buy a new one, I gladly would have, as I'm not sure whether or not it was my fault that it went bad.

I'm not the type of person that expects anything for free and can accept full responsibility for my own faults. And quite frankly I'm sick of people that do expect free **** and have zero accountability
Well said sir. I agree 100%! It's called integrity, either you have it or you're a butt head.
TooSlow4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 08:50 PM   #206

Region: Europe
Hey grabber I see it's been a while since u posted..any more news on the car with more mods...did u get ur airlift suspension in the end
Kentmustang2014 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT