5.0 and my 3.7 - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-04-2013, 12:30 PM   #71
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post

Will do man. I've noticed a HUGE improvement lately, so thanks for staying on top of if!
No problem, that's what we're here for!
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-04-2013, 06:57 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular
 
Aruiz42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 411
So any idea how much I'd get for my V6? Kbb isnt what dealers go by... I was thinking private party for 22 or 23... Only 6000 miles magma flow catback, CAI tuner, stripes, tints, GTCS wheels, sync, leather seats and rubber floor mats with pony, louvers side scoop, blacked out roof, and I would throw in the stock airbox... And exhaust... Think this is possible?
Aruiz42 is offline  
Old 06-04-2013, 07:15 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular
 
Aruiz42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 411
And BTW when people ask why I didn't get the 5.0 to begin with... I didn't have a choice and didn't know about cars... I was in Afghanistan and asked about the stang to the dealer and they said I could have it... I asked if I could get the more powerful engine they said no... Why??? Because you have to be a e-5 or above to get them
Aruiz42 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-04-2013, 08:23 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular
 
Evil2014GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern VA
Region: Alabama
Posts: 1,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruiz42 View Post
So any idea how much I'd get for my V6? Kbb isnt what dealers go by... I was thinking private party for 22 or 23... Only 6000 miles magma flow catback, CAI tuner, stripes, tints, GTCS wheels, sync, leather seats and rubber floor mats with pony, louvers side scoop, blacked out roof, and I would throw in the stock airbox... And exhaust... Think this is possible?
Aftermarket parts dont mean d*** to a dealer. Dont expect to get anywhere near kbb private party value either right off the bat. It wont be ANYWHERE close. If your buying another car from them, tell them what you want(something reasonable) for yours, and walk if they cant do it. Their goal is to sell you a car, so if you're prepared to walk, they will do everything they can to stop you and get a deal done.

Honestly your better off returning the car to stock, save the parts that will fit on the 5.0 and sell the rest by yourself. The dealer wont give you a penny more for anything extra.
__________________
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline  
Old 06-04-2013, 09:16 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Elmendorf
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruiz42 View Post
And BTW when people ask why I didn't get the 5.0 to begin with... I didn't have a choice and didn't know about cars... I was in Afghanistan and asked about the stang to the dealer and they said I could have it... I asked if I could get the more powerful engine they said no... Why??? Because you have to be a e-5 or above to get them
If you were in afghani land then why would you buy a car to begin with 1? And what difference does it make what size engine you buy based on your rank 2? And why the hell would obamanation get to decide anything about your car 3? Sounds like you got lied to.

And asking 20-22 for a v6 is near impossible. Base low mileage 2011 5.0s are going for 22-23k often. Nobody would buy the v6 for a grand less than a 5.0
ZLwhat is offline  
Old 06-04-2013, 09:59 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular
 
Aruiz42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 411
I'm selling it private party for 22 to 23... I'm sure ill get it... Secondly yes the army dealers can decide what type of engine you buy... And third I bought it in afghan factory ordered for cheap so yeah there was a point in buying it over there...
Aruiz42 is offline  
Old 06-04-2013, 11:08 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Elmendorf
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruiz42 View Post
I'm selling it private party for 22 to 23... I'm sure ill get it... Secondly yes the army dealers can decide what type of engine you buy... And third I bought it in afghan factory ordered for cheap so yeah there was a point in buying it over there...
Well good luck to ya! Lol

I was unaware the army had dealers, so I'm guessing you had poor/no credit if you bought it through the army. Also, I was unaware there were any Ford Mustang production plants in Afghanistan. As a matter of fact, I'm positive the only ford production facility that makes mustangs is in flat rock Michigan where they produce nothing but mustangs and the Mazda 6. I could be wrong though.
ZLwhat is offline  
Old 06-04-2013, 11:10 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular
 
Aruiz42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 411
Factory ordered and delivered in US... Army dealers get the army rebates... The reason you can't order is not because of credit it's because rank... Just stop talking you sound retarded...
Aruiz42 is offline  
Old 06-04-2013, 11:24 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Elmendorf
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruiz42 View Post
Factory ordered and delivered in US... Army dealers get the army rebates... The reason you can't order is not because of credit it's because rank... Just stop talking you sound retarded...
Before you start calling names learn how to compose a sentence and use proper grammar. Maybe then, I would not have to read your paragraph written in 4th grade prose and I wouldn't be asking these questions. And I'm the ******?
ZLwhat is offline  
Old 06-04-2013, 11:26 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post

Before you start calling names learn how to compose a sentence and use proper grammar. Maybe then, I would not have to read your paragraph written in 4th grade prose and I wouldn't be asking these questions. And I'm the ******?
LOL...
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline  
Old 06-05-2013, 12:31 AM   #81
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruiz42 View Post
Factory ordered and delivered in US... Army dealers get the army rebates... The reason you can't order is not because of credit it's because rank... Just stop talking you sound retarded...
So why did you buy the car if you couldn't get what you wanted? I would have waited to get what I want,.
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline  
Old 06-05-2013, 12:35 AM   #82
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post

So why did you buy the car if you couldn't get what you wanted? I would have waited to get what I want,.
That is what I am confused about...
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline  
Old 06-05-2013, 05:17 AM   #83
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
When your overseas, and only when you're over seas, you can buy vehicles direct through the manufacturer and it is often at a very heavily discounted price, usually too good to pass up.

Plus he probably bought it when he was stressed out from the deployment and wanted to do something to make himself happy. Crucify him if you want but we've all made stupid impulse buys
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline  
Old 06-05-2013, 08:19 PM   #84
Registered Member
Regular
 
BIGHOSS5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Conroe
Region: Texas
Posts: 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post
Before you start calling names learn how to compose a sentence and use proper grammar. Maybe then, I would not have to read your paragraph written in 4th grade prose and I wouldn't be asking these questions. And I'm the ******?
BIGHOSS5.0 is offline  
Old 06-05-2013, 08:37 PM   #85
Registered Member
Regular
 
foxbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 269
It`s as if every damn thread in this section turns into complete chaos and name calling. I go on this section for pure entertainment. No offense but seriously come on guys. OP save your money and buy a another 5.0 later on when you dont have to debate about it on a forum. You have nearly a brand new stang. You have to just slow down and enjoy what you have for now. Gas and insurance will empty your pockets real quick on a 5.0 especially when you are slamming gears around town all day ( I know I would be haha). OR Just buy the damn thing.
foxbox is offline  
Old 06-05-2013, 11:29 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular
 
gtstyles2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lodi
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,889
Alot of ppl forget that a totally different new Mustang is going to be unveiled next year... It could be awesome and worth waiting for... Or not, be patient especially if your current Mustang is less than a year old
gtstyles2 is offline  
Old 06-13-2013, 07:32 PM   #87
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
I now have both a 3.7L heavily modded and a 5.0 GT/CS stock
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130613_183152.png
Views:	89
Size:	540.7 KB
ID:	113922  
Charlie_santos is offline  
Old 06-13-2013, 07:33 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post
I now have both a 3.7L heavily modded and a 5.0 GT/CS stock
I have no idea why its upside down lol
Charlie_santos is offline  
Old 06-13-2013, 10:11 PM   #89
Registered Member
Regular
 
13 stang22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: fort worth
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post
I now have both a 3.7L heavily modded and a 5.0 GT/CS stock
why do you have both? lol
13 stang22 is offline  
Old 06-13-2013, 10:19 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular
 
Evil2014GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern VA
Region: Alabama
Posts: 1,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 stang22 View Post

why do you have both? lol
Hell why not? One for gas milage and a DD, other for power and fun. I'd look into it if i could afford it lol.
__________________
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline  
Old 06-13-2013, 10:24 PM   #91
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post
I now have both a 3.7L heavily modded and a 5.0 GT/CS stock
Why did you bother getting a 5.0, seems I've heard you say many times how much better the 3.7 is.
tc x 4 is offline  
Old 06-13-2013, 10:30 PM   #92
Registered Member
Regular
 
13 stang22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: fort worth
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post

Hell why not? One for gas milage and a DD, other for power and fun. I'd look into it if i could afford it lol.
that's alotta money tho!
13 stang22 is offline  
Old 06-13-2013, 10:42 PM   #93
Registered Member
Regular
 
Evil2014GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern VA
Region: Alabama
Posts: 1,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 stang22 View Post

that's alotta money tho!
Yeah it is, but hey, if you can afford it, why not right!?!?. Unfortunately im nowhere near being able to lol.
__________________
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline  
Old 06-13-2013, 11:12 PM   #94
Registered Member
Regular
 
13 stang22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: fort worth
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post

Yeah it is, but hey, if you can afford it, why not right!?!?. Unfortunately im nowhere near being able to lol.
ha me neither bro. don't you have a 5.0 tho? I assume by your name "2014 GT". why would you wanna 3.7?
13 stang22 is offline  
Old 06-14-2013, 01:48 AM   #95
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

Why did you bother getting a 5.0, seems I've heard you say many times how much better the 3.7 is.
For ****s n giggles I wanted to see what the big hype is allllllll about hahaha I cant have both or what?

---------- Post added at 12:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

For ****s n giggles I wanted to see what the big hype is allllllll about hahaha I cant have both or what?
And I never said the 3.7 was better just pretty damn powerful for a v6. Now if u can find a quote of me saying the 3.7 is better than a 5.0 plz link it
Charlie_santos is offline  
Old 06-14-2013, 02:05 AM   #96
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Elmendorf
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,322
Bet the stock 5.0 is faster than the heavily modded 3.7 lmao
ZLwhat is offline  
Old 06-14-2013, 02:09 AM   #97
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post
Bet the stock 5.0 is faster than the heavily modded 3.7 lmao
He's not gonna admit it.
tc x 4 is offline  
Old 06-14-2013, 02:13 AM   #98
Registered Member
Regular
 
MidnightBlueGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 3,887
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post
Bet the stock 5.0 is faster than the heavily modded 3.7 lmao
+1
MidnightBlueGT is offline  
Old 06-14-2013, 03:15 AM   #99
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

He's not gonna admit it.
Its not stock :/ it came with gears, and full exhaust. Ive raced a friends stock 5.0 with 331 gears and it kept up with 50 shots. After 75 shots I would beat him. I wanna do 100 shots later down the line.

---------- Post added at 02:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

Its not stock :/ it came with gears, and full exhaust. Ive raced a friends stock 5.0 with 331 gears and it kept up with 50 shots. After 75 shots I would beat him. I wanna do 100 shots later down the line.
Still waiting for my link to the quote btw unless u were lying?
Charlie_santos is offline  
Old 06-14-2013, 03:17 AM   #100
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
I could car less, I'm not going through all your post.
tc x 4 is offline  
Old 06-14-2013, 03:26 AM   #101
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

Its not stock :/ it came with gears, and full exhaust. Ive raced a friends stock 5.0 with 331 gears and it kept up with 50 shots. After 75 shots I would beat him. I wanna do 100 shots later down the line.

---------- Post added at 02:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 AM ----------



Still waiting for my link to the quote btw unless u were lying?
Post #24 of this thread, just to name one, I heard it more than once too.
tc x 4 is offline  
Old 06-14-2013, 03:41 AM   #102
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Missouri
Region: Missouri
Posts: 71
I went back through the thread and it all started chaos when you said " I kill 5.0s" ... I've seen one 5.0 race about 100 times he has gears tune and exhaust and every single time he raced another friends 03 cobra with several thousands on suspension upgrades and performance upgrades to drivetrain and the 5.0 killed it every time they are nasty cars, another friend and his dad built
A a/c cobra kit car with a well built 429 that runs high 11s at the track and the 5.0 even came within a car of it each time .
BlackStang00 is offline  
Old 06-14-2013, 03:59 AM   #103
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
I could car less, I'm not going through all your post.
Lol I guess u didnt "car" less after all. Like I said I have both now. The 3.7 are beasts compared to any v6 I know except a inline 6 2jz and ive beaten a 5.0 in it. I know with the 5.0 I own now it doesnt stand a chance unless I do 125 shots which I am once I get the colder plugs from mmr. But even then with the gears and exhaust done to the car and apparently the 90mm tb I think the gears will just make this car fly. I raced a friends vette yesterday and dominated it but then again its just a normal vette nothing like a z06 or zr1. So yea I admit this 5.0 is pretty ****en beastly. Doesnt mean ima stop working on my 3.7 its still got a few ponies I can easily get out of her with more funds. But since I am now paying two cars I doubt ill see any ponies on either car anytime soon.

P.s first day I got the 5.0 is the first day I got a speeding ticket in her lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130614_025855.png
Views:	60
Size:	468.9 KB
ID:	113989  
Charlie_santos is offline  
Old 06-14-2013, 05:28 AM   #104
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Elmendorf
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

Lol I guess u didnt "car" less after all. Like I said I have both now. The 3.7 are beasts compared to any v6 I know except a inline 6 2jz and ive beaten a 5.0 in it. I know with the 5.0 I own now it doesnt stand a chance unless I do 125 shots which I am once I get the colder plugs from mmr. But even then with the gears and exhaust done to the car and apparently the 90mm tb I think the gears will just make this car fly. I raced a friends vette yesterday and dominated it but then again its just a normal vette nothing like a z06 or zr1. So yea I admit this 5.0 is pretty ****en beastly. Doesnt mean ima stop working on my 3.7 its still got a few ponies I can easily get out of her with more funds. But since I am now paying two cars I doubt ill see any ponies on either car anytime soon.

P.s first day I got the 5.0 is the first day I got a speeding ticket in her lol
I get so lost between you talking about the v6 and the 5.0. You never clarify which one you're talking about. You should look up the bone stock 5.0 1/4 mile record. I'd love to see any decently modified 3.7 keep up with the stock 5.0s time. Just to get the 3.7 American muscle has to barely break 11s they had to supercharge it and do suspension, drag racing wheels and tires, engine work, drop weight, and have a very good driver. Many people have buried bone stock 5.0s in the low to mid 12s on street tires. A member on this very forum BUSHGUTS ran a 12.5 with his stock 5.0 and has videos of it. Well, enough of comparing the two.

I'm sure the v6 is great, and I'm glad you got the 5.0 so that you have the best of both worlds. But I'm throwing the BS flags all over "beat a 5.0 with my 3.7 and nitrous" statement. I believe you said a page or so back that your 3.7 is heavily modified, but no mod you listed constitutes that either. Nitrous, gears, throttle bodies, cold air intakes, tunes, and things of that nature aren't in the heavily modified list. Tell me you have a fully blueprinted forged motor and a bulletproof transmission with a fidanza stage 137949 clutch and now we are talking.
ZLwhat is offline  
Old 06-14-2013, 06:18 AM   #105
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter
 
primer2tone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Corpus Christi
Region: Texas
Posts: 6,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
I could car less, I'm not going through all your post.


Name:   image-1956273247.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  10.9 KB
Thats right! I am a rock!


Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

Post #24 of this thread, just to name one, I heard it more than once too.



Name:   image-2211551113.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  9.9 KB
But let me make sure.

Lol, sorry tc. I couldn't help it.
primer2tone is offline  
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



03:04 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.