Wihch Super charger its the best?? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-02-2013, 11:52 PM   #1

Region: Mexico
Wihch Super charger its the best??

Hi guys.... Im from mexico and i will like somebody help me to know which supercharger its the best for my 5.0 2012, i hope you can help me with this question, i heard that kene bell its the best but i know that there other brands like procharger, edelbrock, paxton..... Etc, i hope hear from you soon.
Mxrooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2013, 11:54 PM   #2
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Most people who want huge power go with: Whipple, Kenne Bell, or Paxton.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 11:55 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
All those are good brands. Vortech is good too. You'll love any imo. Just depends on you're personal preference
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2013, 12:00 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
When I was at the nmra all ford svt/mustang event at my local track all of the newer 5.0 s that were supercharged had a twin screw roushcharger ... I only saw like 2 kenne belled 5.0s. I'm not saying kenne bell is bad but I just haven't seen that many on 2011+ mustangs
05 MUSTANG GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:02 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05 MUSTANG GT View Post
When I was at the nmra all ford svt/mustang event at my local track all of the newer 5.0 s that were supercharged had a twin screw roushcharger ... I only saw like 2 kenne belled 5.0s. I'm not saying kenne bell is bad but I just haven't seen that many on 2011+ mustangs
On your experience which one you think is the best??
Old 06-03-2013, 12:11 AM   #6
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxrooster View Post
On your experience which one you think is the best??
Its all personal preference on what you want. You really gotta do a lot of research to find out what is best for you.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:13 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

What transmission you have might play a big role it what you might want to get too
Whtghost1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:23 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Roush tvs2300 gets my vote for the 5.0. 700 HP for a bolt on, is not to shabby.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:28 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
I've heard that Kenne Bells deliver a punch but when they go, they straight fall to pieces. I would vote TVS. Great power with minimal heat issues.
Mod List: H&R Super Sport Springs, Eibach Camber Bolts, Steeda Panhard Bar, BBK Cold Air Intake, Stack Racing Chrome Strut Tower Bar, Boss 302 Coil Pack Covers, Barton Shifter, Barton 2 Post Bracket, 4.10 Gear, 2013 Track Pack Wheels, QA1 Single Adjustable Rear Shocks, Roush Axle-back exhaust, CDC Chin Spoiler, Saleen Grille,
Defiant 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:33 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Roush TVS on a auto car paxton or vortech on a man
Whtghost1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:36 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
There is some misinformation in this thread. First, roush does not make a twin screw blower. The only twin screws you could get are either a whipple or a Kenny belle. Magnacharger used to make twin screws back in the 90s/early 2000s but I don't know if they are even around anymore.

Second, a roush blower will not get you to 700hp unless you're talking the phase 3 kit, and even at that you will not make 700rwhp. Getting to 700rwhp would require custom tuning and other modifications the car.

The type of supercharger you want depends on your style of driving. There is no "best supercharger" but rather the supercharger that best suits your driving habits. If you prefer instant torque and horsepower with max boost off of idle, get a twin screw. If you prefer for the boost to spike (for more off the line torque)and then build gradually (while you accelerate )to peak boost then get a roots style blower like the roush. If you want your car to maintain stock drive ability, but become a monster when you put your foot into it then get a centrifugal like the vortech, procharger, Paxton.. Etc. The question is best answered by yourself, and what you like. I prefer for the car to be a total monster off the line and everywhere so if I didn't have other money pits id have a mammoth 2.8 Kenny belle strapped on my 5.0.
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:39 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post
There is some misinformation in this thread. First, roush does not make a twin screw blower. The only twin screws you could get are either a whipple or a Kenny belle. Magnacharger used to make twin screws back in the 90s/early 2000s but I don't know if they are even around anymore.

Second, a roush blower will not get you to 700hp unless you're talking the phase 3 kit, and even at that you will not make 700rwhp. Getting to 700rwhp would require custom tuning and other modifications the car.

The type of supercharger you want depends on your style of driving. There is no "best supercharger" but rather the supercharger that best suits your driving habits. If you prefer instant torque and horsepower with max boost off of idle, get a twin screw. If you prefer for the boost to spike (for more off the line torque)and then build gradually (while you accelerate )to peak boost then get a roots style blower like the roush. If you want your car to maintain stock drive ability, but become a monster when you put your foot into it then get a centrifugal like the vortech, procharger, Paxton.. Etc. The question is best answered by yourself, and what you like. I prefer for the car to be a total monster off the line and everywhere so if I didn't have other money pits id have a mammoth 2.8 Kenny belle strapped on my 5.0.
+1
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 03:13 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Brenspeeds Corvette killer,Roush tvs 2300 stage 3 kit is advertised at 710hp.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 03:42 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
Brenspeeds Corvette killer,Roush tvs 2300 stage 3 kit is advertised at 700hp.
You are referring to the 710R.

That kit delivers 710 horsepower and 590+ ft-lb of torque to the flywheel. The 710R ROUSH TVS R2300 set up run for 7k without tax, shipping, or instillation also, comparatively to a 4800 vortech or Paxton set-up. Not to mention, factoring in drivetrain loss you'd be sitting right at about 600-610rwhp with the 710R. It would be even less with an automatic.
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 07:45 AM   #15

Thank you all for the help, know i have more clear what i need for my stang.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT