Black JLT Oil Separator - Necessary? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-27-2013, 03:34 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Bad link...
MedxGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2013, 08:37 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Been following this post for some time. I think I will trust the Ford engineers and just leave things alone, there must be a reason they designed it this way. Hard to tell what the long term effects of changing Fords design might have. This money could be better spent elsewhere. My 2 Cents.
Old 06-27-2013, 08:49 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkk View Post
Been following this post for some time. I think I will trust the Ford engineers and just leave things alone, there must be a reason they designed it this way. Hard to tell what the long term effects of changing Fords design might have. This money could be better spent elsewhere. My 2 Cents.
Reason they don't put it on there originally is because of smog I believe. Wouldn't pass emissions.

---------- Post added at 08:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkk View Post
Pretty much like removing the cats. Ford can't do it. Do to environment. Doesn't mean you can't do it.
Tpost08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2013, 11:07 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I get about 1 tablespoon a month,I think it is oil vapor building up or more vacuum at higher rpm's. I have a boss so redline is 7500

---------- Post added at 12:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 AM ----------

If you don't put something there to stop the oil vapor you will need seafoam to clean out your intake about 1-2 times a year. Also lowers octane alittle.
chefron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 07:10 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
The filter was one of the first things I purchased after reading many reviews, and I have never looked back.
striker79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 07:49 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
I'm considering a small K&N driver's side breather filter, while keeping the PCV on the passenger side. After clocking 1800 miles on the GT, I found the throttle body perfectly clean, oil stain-free and bone dry. The oil level remains at the FULL mark.
Missouri Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:33 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Anyone tried putting a coffee filter in their Catch Can?
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:51 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
Anyone tried putting a coffee filter in their Catch Can?
Why?
SolidRRaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 03:00 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oregon
I purchased and installed a JLT for my passenger side approx a month ago. I am surprised how much oil makes its way into the can. After seeing this post, I also purchased the K&N breather filter for the driver side. I'm happy with the results, but not sure if it will ever make a positive difference for my ride. I hope it helps preserve the life of the car, because I plan to keep her until she dies. www.2013-mustang-gt.com

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT