ok great. surgery tomorrow and car is acting retarded. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-04-2013, 12:50 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
So I was driving today and finally hit a stretch of road I could really enjoy the car so flipped sports mode on. After doing so the car makes a weird noise when turning, kinda a clicking noise and the tire on the outside rear of the turn makes a scratching noise.

So....bad timing or traction control system. I tried manually turning it all the way off. Still does it. Only when turning. Since I just replaced the diff cover I checked it out. No leaks. Been kinda checking it daily to be safe. Kinda OCD about that.

The teeth on my trac loc all looked solid when I looked everything over a little less than a week ago. They were missing some of the silver paint but that didn't seem to have affected them previously driving.

So unless anyone has any ideas I am gonna disconnect the battery on my break later for 20 mins if I can knock it free and see if that helps. I am left to believe the traction system is at fault but this is really weird!
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2013, 01:40 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Europe
So only in sport mode? Yeah sport mode automatically puts your steering feel into sport on the 13s. Not sure if yours does that but could be a problem with sport mode activating something wrong and affecting the steering. I honestly don't know.

Oh good luck with your surgery!
Mods: AED Tune,Boss 302 IM, BBK 85mm TB,Kooks SS Shorty Headers,HF Cats,Alum 1pc DS,Hotchkis Subframe Connectors,Steeda CAI,Roush Axlebacks,Barton Shifter,SR Clutch Line,Boss Oil/Trans Coolers,SVT Fan,Steeda Sport Springs/LCAs/UCA/Shifter Bracket/HD Motor Mounts,BMR LCA Relo Brackets,Koni Shocks/Struts,GT500 Strut Mounts,JLT Oil Sep,Hood Struts,GT500 Spoiler,MMD Taillight Trim,OEM Leather Seats,MT Street Comps on black AMRs,MT ET Street Radial IIs on black Bullits(track duty).
2013fiveO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 03:24 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013fiveO View Post
So only in sport mode? Yeah sport mode automatically puts your steering feel into sport on the 13s. Not sure if yours does that but could be a problem with sport mode activating something wrong and affecting the steering. I honestly don't know.

Oh good luck with your surgery!
No does it in all modes now. Just conviently happened rugby after sports mode.
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2013, 03:29 PM   #4
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

No does it in all modes now. Just conviently happened rugby after sports mode.
Really? How does that work lol

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 03:36 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Sounds like the anti lock brake is not releasing.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 03:57 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Good luck with the car. My buddy's '12 GT has traction control issues as well. They've yet to figure it out.
Hope your surgery goes well also.
Mod List: H&R Super Sport Springs, Eibach Camber Bolts, Steeda Panhard Bar, BBK Cold Air Intake, Stack Racing Chrome Strut Tower Bar, Boss 302 Coil Pack Covers, Barton Shifter, Barton 2 Post Bracket, 4.10 Gear, 2013 Track Pack Wheels, QA1 Single Adjustable Rear Shocks, Roush Axle-back exhaust, CDC Chin Spoiler, Saleen Grille,
Defiant 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 04:24 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I had same problem. It's not the traction control. When you replaced cover did you add a bottle of friction modifier? That was my problem when I changed cover. Sounds like rubbing only when turning? I only found out what it was by contacting steeda cuz I replaced lca's at the same time. Turns out it was a common prob on earlier stangs too. Anyhow, I thought that sounded crazy but it worked. Think I got the ordered the bottle from lmr.

---------- Post added at 04:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

Think the bottle was 10 bucks.
Black5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 04:28 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2472951391.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	186.0 KB
ID:	112128
Black5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 05:36 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post

Really? How does that work lol
I don't know -.-

---------- Post added at 06:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
Sounds like the anti lock brake is not releasing.
That'd what I was thinking maybe? But wouldnt it affect going forward.

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiant 5.0 View Post
Good luck with the car. My buddy's '12 GT has traction control issues as well. They've yet to figure it out.
Hope your surgery goes well also.
Thanks man. Feeling weird about this!

---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black5.0 View Post
I had same problem. It's not the traction control. When you replaced cover did you add a bottle of friction modifier? That was my problem when I changed cover. Sounds like rubbing only when turning? I only found out what it was by contacting steeda cuz I replaced lca's at the same time. Turns out it was a common prob on earlier stangs too. Anyhow, I thought that sounded crazy but it worked. Think I got the ordered the bottle from lmr.

---------- Post added at 04:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

Think the bottle was 10 bucks.
Hmmm. Yeah thats what it sounds like. I got the oil through jayman and he was sure I didn't need the friction modifyer. I might try that anyway. It sounds like the trac lock the more I hear it. Not really hearing a clicking but sounds like rubber running on metal.

If that is is, I wonder what randomly made it start. Been having no issues for 3.5 days now. Then this after the TC deal.
Old 06-04-2013, 05:45 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Well was looking at red lines website and they dont say anything about friction modifyer being added....so guess that is it.

Thankfully I am off for just about forever and don't have to worry about driving the car. Gonna order it tonight so I can get it in the diff asap.
Old 06-04-2013, 06:17 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Well was looking at red lines website and they dont say anything about friction modifyer being added....so guess that is it.

Thankfully I am off for just about forever and don't have to worry about driving the car. Gonna order it tonight so I can get it in the diff asap.
You definitely need friction modifier! When that oil heats up it thins out and it also heats up the moving parts in that rear end. That's probably the reason you're hearing things.
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 06:38 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post

You definitely need friction modifier! When that oil heats up it thins out and it also heats up the moving parts in that rear end. That's probably the reason you're hearing things.
Yeah I was looking at royal purple that apparently doesn't need it and was told that this didn't either. Am I gonna have any harm from this? Still gotta drive 30 mins home
Old 06-04-2013, 07:05 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Parts stores have the friction modifier.

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

Quote:

Yeah I was looking at royal purple that apparently doesn't need it and was told that this didn't either. Am I gonna have any harm from this? Still gotta drive 30 mins home
Late model sells the rear end kit with royal purple and friction modifier together.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:12 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Parts stores have the friction modifier.

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

Late model sells the rear end kit with royal purple and friction modifier together.
Hmmm....interesting. I couldn't find it online at oriellys or auto zone or advance auto.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:23 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Hmmm....interesting. I couldn't find it online at oriellys or auto zone or advance auto.
Can't help you with your machine, but I hope everything goes well with surgery and recovery. Too bad you're not in this subdivision, maybe we could have it ready for you when you can drive again.
Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:51 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Strange, o'riellys is where I bought it.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:04 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Strange, o'riellys is where I bought it.
Weird couldn't find it on their website. Oh well since the car is probably gonna be parked for a week I'll just order the frpp stuff. Checked the box too to make sure I wasn't just a dumbass and he threw a bottle in there and that is what he ment. Nooope. Lol.

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight View Post

Can't help you with your machine, but I hope everything goes well with surgery and recovery. Too bad you're not in this subdivision, maybe we could have it ready for you when you can drive again.
Haha thanks man! I think I am not gonna be dumb this time. Last time I had surgery I had the inside of my nose completely reshaped. I drove a week later like they said I could. Well. Guess they don't assume people have fast cars. I was nose bleeding by second gear. LOL. Woops.

I told some friends of mine I'd do something stupid again and start bleeding. I.E. flooring the stang not long outta surgery.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:29 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Weird couldn't find it on their website. Oh well since the car is probably gonna be parked for a week I'll just order the frpp stuff. Checked the box too to make sure I wasn't just a dumbass and he threw a bottle in there and that is what he ment. Nooope. Lol.

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

Haha thanks man! I think I am not gonna be dumb this time. Last time I had surgery I had the inside of my nose completely reshaped. I drove a week later like they said I could. Well. Guess they don't assume people have fast cars. I was nose bleeding by second gear. LOL. Woops.

I told some friends of mine I'd do something stupid again and start bleeding. I.E. flooring the stang not long outta surgery.
There you go... These cars are built to be driven. And I mean driven. Took my first curve at 70 MPH earlier today on a country road. Probably ~100 degree turn. It was... Let's keep it G rated, it was... Something.
Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 08:51 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight View Post

There you go... These cars are built to be driven. And I mean driven. Took my first curve at 70 MPH earlier today on a country road. Probably ~100 degree turn. It was... Let's keep it G rated, it was... Something.
Hahahaha. There is a really nice curve I drive on the way home from work. Banked really well and I have taken it at 100 before. My car just hunkers down and holds tight. Feels like riding a roller coaster.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:51 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Good luck with the surgery man! Hopefully nothing to serious. Are we gonna get some crazy whacked out posts while you're on the painkillers???
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:14 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post
Good luck with the surgery man! Hopefully nothing to serious. Are we gonna get some crazy whacked out posts while you're on the painkillers???
Just heavily impacted wisdom teeth. Just sucks since it will be my second surgery in about a year. I hope we do! Not sure what they are putting me on but anything I post the new few days should be ignored!!! Haha. Gonna be talking about how I wanna trade my stang for a ricer!
Old 06-04-2013, 09:19 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Just heavily impacted wisdom teeth. Just sucks since it will be my second surgery in about a year. I hope we do! Not sure what they are putting me on but anything I post the new few days should be ignored!!! Haha. Gonna be talking about how I wanna trade my stang for a ricer!
Just dont go looking up that old Ferrari! Lol. Its not a bad procedure. Had mine done a few years ago. Same thing. Heavily impacted on all 4. They had to break the teeth up and pull them out in pieces. They gave me vicoden (spelling check) for mine. 2 pills knocked me out haha. 2 days after the procedure i was fixing the rearend on my trans am, on my back, in 35 degree weather. Hardest part is not being able to eat whatever you want haha. Wendy's frostys were amazing during that time lmao.

I don't even remember being at the doctor. Apparently my girlfriend (now fiance) got pissed at me because i was drugged up and was hitting on all the nurses lol
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Old 06-04-2013, 09:23 PM   #23
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
^ been there lol. Done that.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:28 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Just dont go looking up that old Ferrari! Lol. Its not a bad procedure. Had mine done a few years ago. Same thing. Heavily impacted on all 4. They had to break the teeth up and pull them out in pieces. They gave me vicoden (spelling check) for mine. 2 pills knocked me out haha. 2 days after the procedure i was fixing the rearend on my trans am, on my back, in 35 degree weather. Hardest part is not being able to eat whatever you want haha. Wendy's frostys were amazing during that time lmao.

I don't even remember being at the doctor. Apparently my girlfriend (now fiance) got pissed at me because i was drugged up and was hitting on all the nurses lol
Hahaha.

Yeah my last surgery was bad. I woke up in absolute pain. They claimed they were giving me morphine but I never felt any relief. I never felt painless until hours later at home when I was able to relax and start taking the drugs.

I think that is why I am hesitant. I know it won't be bad, but previous experience is always a factor. The guy is a family friend so I know he is gonna take care of me.

I wasn't that fast but a week outta tonsils adenoids and complete nasal reconstruction I installed roush axle backs and the CS/Boss front end on my car. Kinda why people who complain about doing that stuff hold little care in my book. If I can do it that fast outta what they considered "major" surgery a regular person can do it!
Old 06-04-2013, 09:39 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Hahaha.

Yeah my last surgery was bad. I woke up in absolute pain. They claimed they were giving me morphine but I never felt any relief. I never felt painless until hours later at home when I was able to relax and start taking the drugs.

I think that is why I am hesitant. I know it won't be bad, but previous experience is always a factor. The guy is a family friend so I know he is gonna take care of me.

I wasn't that fast but a week outta tonsils adenoids and complete nasal reconstruction I installed roush axle backs and the CS/Boss front end on my car. Kinda why people who complain about doing that stuff hold little care in my book. If I can do it that fast outta what they considered "major" surgery a regular person can do it!
Amen man. Even when i went down on my bike with a broken shoulder, 3 broken figures, broken elbow, shattered knee, and road rash on my hip, i was chomping at the bit to get outside and start the repairs. Its definitely a passion you have to have an urge for. Some people's, are just stronger than others haha.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:47 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Amen man. Even when i went down on my bike with a broken shoulder, 3 broken figures, broken elbow, shattered knee, and road rash on my hip, i was biting at the bit to get outside and start the repairs. Its definitely a passion you have to have an urge for. Some people's, are just stronger than others haha.
Haha I agree. Depends on the person. I used to play sports in 90+ degree weather with fevers while sick as a dog.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:53 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Haha I agree. Depends on the person. I used to play sports in 90+ degree weather with fevers while sick as a dog.
Hell yeah man, baseball and football all threw highschool. Coach doesn't care if you "dont feel well". And ill be damned if i was gonna loose my starting spot! Lol

Wish i could have continued playing baseball, actually had a few colleges looking at me, but unfortunately a torn Achilles tendon senior year ended that.

Anyway, sorry to get off topic. Hopefully the additive will help your problem man.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:59 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I found 10 different products, under gear oil & additives.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:20 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I found 10 different products, under gear oil & additives.
under grease and lube, exactly why I didn't see it. *sigh* I just wasn't thinking of it that way.

Also...

Red LineŽ Synthetic Oil 80301 - Gear Oil Additive | O'Reilly Auto Parts

WTF...lol....117 dollars!!!
Old 06-05-2013, 11:24 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Good luck!!!! Enjoy those drugs!!!! When I had mine done they hurt and bleed alot for the first day then by the third day the pain killers were just a bonus and pain was almost gone!
BigP0314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 02:14 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigP0314 View Post

Good luck!!!! Enjoy those drugs!!!! When I had mine done they hurt and bleed alot for the first day then by the third day the pain killers were just a bonus and pain was almost gone!
Yeah I am only finally starting to feel relief and I was done at 1130. Now 1512. They gave me percocet but it really didn't do much. Just like the last surgery I woke up in absolute pain haha. Oh well.

Thank to everyone for the well wishes. Unfortunately for you all I am still here .
Old 06-05-2013, 03:02 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah I woke up half way through mine and the doctor was standing pullin out one of those ****ers.... Then I had like a ridge if jaw sticking out after a few days they had to go fix up. Did u get Motrin to go with the Percocet?
Old 06-05-2013, 03:09 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
May you have a speedy recovery, sir!
Mod List: H&R Super Sport Springs, Eibach Camber Bolts, Steeda Panhard Bar, BBK Cold Air Intake, Stack Racing Chrome Strut Tower Bar, Boss 302 Coil Pack Covers, Barton Shifter, Barton 2 Post Bracket, 4.10 Gear, 2013 Track Pack Wheels, QA1 Single Adjustable Rear Shocks, Roush Axle-back exhaust, CDC Chin Spoiler, Saleen Grille,
Defiant 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 03:20 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigP0314 View Post
Yeah I woke up half way through mine and the doctor was standing pullin out one of those ****ers.... Then I had like a ridge if jaw sticking out after a few days they had to go fix up. Did u get Motrin to go with the Percocet?
Ahhh dood I don't wish waking up during it on anyone. That's always been a fear of mine to wake up midway through . Sorry to hear that!

Nope. I just am to take advil about 2 hours after the percocet. That is when I finally started feeling relief. Start amoxacillian tomorrow.

Also...they gave me promethegan incase I started throwing up. F that shhh!t. Has to get shoved up the ***. Glad I don't throw up ever.

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiant 5.0 View Post
May you have a speedy recovery, sir!
Thanks man!!!
Old 06-05-2013, 03:21 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Ahhh dood I don't wish waking up during it on anyone. That's always been a fear of mine to wake up midway through . Sorry to hear that!

Nope. I just am to take advil about 2 hours after the percocet. That is when I finally started feeling relief. Start amoxacillian tomorrow.

Also...they gave me promethegan incase I started throwing up. F that shhh!t. Has to get shoved up the ***. Glad I don't throw up ever.

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 PM ----------

Thanks man!!!
Hahahahahahaha you know they make pills that dissolve on your tongue for that now.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT