Race tune - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-04-2013, 01:41 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Race tune

Thinking of getting a 93 race tune for my 11 gt auto, probably gonna skip the cai intake. Bang for the buck doesn't seem to be there, and I could care less if it's better looking than stock. Probably gonna go steeda since I live in south florida and they are up the street. Your thought on skipping the cai. Car never sees the track.
Kona Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2013, 01:44 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Europe
I recommend the Bama 93 race. It is awesome and you will get tunes for life for when you decide to add mods later.
Mods: AED Tune,Boss 302 IM, BBK 85mm TB,Kooks SS Shorty Headers,HF Cats,Alum 1pc DS,Hotchkis Subframe Connectors,Steeda CAI,Roush Axlebacks,Barton Shifter,SR Clutch Line,Boss Oil/Trans Coolers,SVT Fan,Steeda Sport Springs/LCAs/UCA/Shifter Bracket/HD Motor Mounts,BMR LCA Relo Brackets,Koni Shocks/Struts,GT500 Strut Mounts,JLT Oil Sep,Hood Struts,GT500 Spoiler,MMD Taillight Trim,OEM Leather Seats,MT Street Comps on black AMRs,MT ET Street Radial IIs on black Bullits(track duty).
2013fiveO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:04 PM   #3
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Steeda CAI for 6 Speed MT? Why?

CAI and exhaust with tune

Stupid question

I did a quick search for you

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2013, 02:19 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
I laughed out loud at this. Nice!

I must say, I miss the community of the Rx7 forums. But people like you keep this one going!
Tmenzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:23 PM   #5
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmenzz View Post

I laughed out loud at this. Nice!

I must say, I miss the community of the Rx7 forums. But people like you keep this one going!
I'm not doing it to be mean, I'm only doing it to set an example and helping others search

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 06-04-2013, 02:25 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm not doing it to be mean, I'm only doing it to set an example and helping others search
good point
Mods: AED Tune,Boss 302 IM, BBK 85mm TB,Kooks SS Shorty Headers,HF Cats,Alum 1pc DS,Hotchkis Subframe Connectors,Steeda CAI,Roush Axlebacks,Barton Shifter,SR Clutch Line,Boss Oil/Trans Coolers,SVT Fan,Steeda Sport Springs/LCAs/UCA/Shifter Bracket/HD Motor Mounts,BMR LCA Relo Brackets,Koni Shocks/Struts,GT500 Strut Mounts,JLT Oil Sep,Hood Struts,GT500 Spoiler,MMD Taillight Trim,OEM Leather Seats,MT Street Comps on black AMRs,MT ET Street Radial IIs on black Bullits(track duty).
Old 06-04-2013, 02:38 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

What would we do without grabber's examples?
Old 06-04-2013, 02:40 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona Mike View Post
lol. BTW your stang needs to see the track! and where in south Florida?
Old 06-04-2013, 02:41 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Probably answer the same questions millions of times lol but I will say when I added my air raid car was slightly louder
Moto111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:42 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013fiveO View Post

lol. BTW your stang needs to see the track!
Only track near me is Palm Beach International...unorganized miserable experience.
Old 06-04-2013, 03:28 PM   #11
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
So I help you out and you mock me?... Yea you're welcome

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 06-04-2013, 03:34 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

He's a newbie. Don't think he was mocking you. But then again u never know. I sense the estrogen levels rising in this thread. I'm out!
Old 06-04-2013, 03:45 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Only track near me is Palm Beach International...unorganized miserable experience.
Really man, im deing to go there again, i usually go to homestead since its right there for me or countyline
OzzyLiriano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 04:09 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Thinking of getting a 93 race tune for my 11 gt auto, probably gonna skip the cai intake. Bang for the buck doesn't seem to be there, and I could care less if it's better looking than stock. Probably gonna go steeda since I live in south florida and they are up the street. Your thought on skipping the cai. Car never sees the track.
Are you going with the Bama tune or the Steeda tune?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013fiveO View Post
I recommend the Bama 93 race. It is awesome and you will get tunes for life for when you decide to add mods later.
All the big name tuners give free revisions, for life.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 04:16 PM   #15
Road Trip!

Quote:

It comes across as rude. People will always ask questions that have been asked before. If they didn't, we might as well lock all topics and just have a forum where you can search only.
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 04:19 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I like a search only forum lol
Moto111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 04:27 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Homestead is only running 1/8 mile I believe.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:39 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post
It comes across as rude. People will always ask questions that have been asked before. If they didn't, we might as well lock all topics and just have a forum where you can search only.
But some topics are just beaten to death.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 04:50 PM   #19
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post
I get it, but as a moderator it gets a little aggravating sometimes. We volunteer our time to keep things in line and cleaned up and do what we can to help members, and we want to keep things moving forward. All I did was search for him, I didn't make any snide or rude comments, only showing that this has been talked about, and all three threads I posted were last active within just a few days. Then to get flack for being progressive doesn't really make me want to help out or play nice.

This forum is EXPONENTIALLY more tolerant of these types of thread than most

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 06-04-2013, 05:30 PM   #20
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Quote:

I concur. I like the forums where members will police the threads. It makes our job easier. I would like to troll the site and enjoy myself but I'm mostly moving things around and playing ref.

BTW,I would stick with the stock CAI. If I could do it over i would have kept the stock CAI and bought some LCAs.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:08 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Kona Mike,

Let me know if I can help you out by getting you in the shop for your tune ... we'll make sure we have some of our cars on hand so that you can get the full Steeda experience.

The Cold Air Intake provides very good gains along with the tune. The combo together is a very nice set up.

Either way ... you will getting a more fun car to drive.

You can reach me at tim@steeda.com to set up an appointment to come in.

Best Regards,

TJ
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:15 PM   #22
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
Dude, when did we Steeda in the forum? That's awesome! Nice to see someone from there post.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:16 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubnbit View Post
Dude, when did we Steeda in the forum? That's awesome! Nice to see someone from there post.
Lol +1
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:18 PM   #24
Registered Member

Regular

I even looked to see if they were a sponsor and nope lol. I hope they stick around. We can use some info from them lol.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:14 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I get it, but as a moderator it gets a little aggravating sometimes. We volunteer our time to keep things in line and cleaned up and do what we can to help members, and we want to keep things moving forward. All I did was search for him, I didn't make any snide or rude comments, only showing that this has been talked about, and all three threads I posted were last active within just a few days. Then to get flack for being progressive doesn't really make me want to help out or play nice.

+10000. People need to learn what the search button is. Like i said earlier today 90% of the threads that are started in this section are either "which exhaust should i buy", "which tune", or "v6 vs v8". Grabber has been doing a great job lately merging threads, and helping people out. Dont see how in anyway, that was a rude comment. Its a forum. Forums have rules. I for one dont want to read the same crap over and over again.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:15 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Oh search bar you're so underrated
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:31 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:

+1. I know I come off as an ******* sometimes but the crap that people get away with on here. I've seen forums issue 10 day bans for people who posted a new thread of something in the last two pages. If there was a thread about a cai being worth it and you posted another one, 10 day ban and thread deleted. Keep it up and perma ban.

I think it is a lot of the reason, myself included, we go so far off topic here. Get sick of the same thread once a week that we just change it to something else.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:48 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

I think it is a lot of the reason, myself included, we go so far off topic here. Get sick of the same thread once a week that we just change it to something else.
Pretty much. And ive only been on here a few months. Luckily im not new to the "forum" culture
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:54 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
I'm on a forum that will ban you for posting incorrect info. I think GB doing a helluva job.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:08 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj@steeda View Post
Kona Mike,

Let me know if I can help you out by getting you in the shop for your tune ... we'll make sure we have some of our cars on hand so that you can get the full Steeda experience.

The Cold Air Intake provides very good gains along with the tune. The combo together is a very nice set up.

Either way ... you will getting a more fun car to drive.

You can reach me at tim@steeda.com to set up an appointment to come in.

Best Regards,

TJ
Thanks Tim. That was much more informative than counting down from 10,000! Looking forward to meeting of the staff at Steeda
Old 06-05-2013, 01:17 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Personally the search bar is really not in a strategic area
its kinna just there and really needs to be centered with BOLD print to not just blend in with the rest of the header bar. adding Search " For Topic " wouldnt hurt either ? It needs to stand out for those not really savy with Forum Etiquette, Just my two cents

Now thats a topic that hasnt been posted
TrackPak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:26 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
The Steeda team is on this forum and we monitor it regularly. If you have any questions or concerns ... just pm me or email me and I can help provide support.

Best Regards,

TJ
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 04:25 PM   #33
Registered Member

Regular

That's awesome TJ. I think we all appreciate that.

Man, I had quite a bit of Steeda products on the 97 cobra I had. All great products.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT