She arrived!!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-06-2013, 10:40 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Europe
She arrived!!!

So my car is finally here! A quick question, I don't have my owners manual yet (it's in the mail...) but do I need to let it sit and warm up before I drive and cool down before I turn off the ignition? Will have pics as soon as its sunny out!
BigP0314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2013, 10:44 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Post. Pic
Woo Walls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 12:21 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigP0314 View Post
So my car is finally here! A quick question, I don't have my owners manual yet (it's in the mail...) but do I need to let it sit and warm up before I drive and cool down before I turn off the ignition? Will have pics as soon as its sunny out!
Congrats! I don't sit and idle to warm up the car but I also don't just start her and blow through red line shifts either. Until engine temp is up I just drive her like a normal car. Once she is warmed up I beat on her like a southern man on his wife!

As for the cool down don't do that either. Car gets turned off and done. 21K miles doing this with non issues!
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2013, 12:27 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Nice! Post pics
Old 06-06-2013, 12:36 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

Congrats! I don't sit and idle to warm up the car but I also don't just start her and blow through red line shifts either. Until engine temp is up I just drive her like a normal car. Once she is warmed up I beat on her like a southern man on his wife!

As for the cool down don't do that either. Car gets turned off and done. 21K miles doing this with non issues!
^^^What he said. Ain't nobody got time for that!
Mod List: H&R Super Sport Springs, Eibach Camber Bolts, Steeda Panhard Bar, BBK Cold Air Intake, Stack Racing Chrome Strut Tower Bar, Boss 302 Coil Pack Covers, Barton Shifter, Barton 2 Post Bracket, 4.10 Gear, 2013 Track Pack Wheels, QA1 Single Adjustable Rear Shocks, Roush Axle-back exhaust, CDC Chin Spoiler, Saleen Grille,
Defiant 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 12:36 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Welcome, and congrats. We need to see pics! And yup. No need to let the car cool down before turning it off. Let me guess.... Have you owned cars with turbos before? Haha

As far as warming up, i pretty much follow the same routine as nosympathy. Wait for the idle to drop to normal after a cold start, then just keep the rpms down until shes warm.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:02 PM   #7
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Congrats on your new Mustang!

It's not a bad idea to let the engine warm up before you drive harshly. I usually let all of my cars idle for one minute before driving them cold, too. However, that's not completely necessary either...

Get some pictures posted up ASAP, too!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:08 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post
Welcome, and congrats. We need to see pics! And yup. No need to let the car cool down before turning it off. Let me guess.... Have you owned cars with turbos before? Haha

As far as warming up, i pretty much follow the same routine as nosympathy. Wait for the idle to drop to normal after a cold start, then just keep the rpms down until shes warm.
+1. Exactly what I do. And the waiting to cool is really only on older or tuned turbos from what I read. The Audi A4 I just traded in had 140k miles on it, and I never let it cool down and never had an issue. Start and go (within reason), stop and get out!
DeJoe8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:36 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeJoe8 View Post

+1. Exactly what I do. And the waiting to cool is really only on older or tuned turbos from what I read. The Audi A4 I just traded in had 140k miles on it, and I never let it cool down and never had an issue. Start and go (within reason), stop and get out!
Hahahaha I never did it with my Audi A4 either but I was never as excited about it like I am the Mustang!!!! I've wanted a Mustang since I can remember! She needs a good detailing and I've already decided exhaust will be the first thing added! Second may be a shifter, the Audi was so smooth and the mustang is very very notchy and in no way smooth with the shifts.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4288983585.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	458.2 KB
ID:	112452   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-822629334.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	569.3 KB
ID:	112453  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2745573146.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	586.7 KB
ID:	112454   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4214797701.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	537.5 KB
ID:	112455  

Old 06-06-2013, 02:39 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Very true, not as smooth but also an entirely different character car. The shifter is on my list, but I'm starting to get used to it. I was so stoked too! Enjoy the new ride!
DeJoe8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:55 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

I always try to let my cars sit for a few minutes to let everything get lubricated before I move them. My Mustang also isn't a daily driver - so it's common for it to sit 3-5 days at a time without being driven. I also let them idle for a minute or two after parking before shutting them off.

Is it necessary? Probably not - but a warm-up and cool-down period certainly can't hurt.

Also, you can access the owners manual at this website for any Ford vehicle.
https://owner.ford.com/servlet/Conte...e&ord=16216901

---------- Post added at 03:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

Here is a link to the workshop manual as well.
Ford Service Manuals - 2011
Old 06-06-2013, 03:26 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85 View Post
I always try to let my cars sit for a few minutes to let everything get lubricated before I move them. My Mustang also isn't a daily driver - so it's common for it to sit 3-5 days at a time without being driven. I also let them idle for a minute or two after parking before shutting them off.

Is it necessary? Probably not - but a warm-up and cool-down period certainly can't hurt.

Also, you can access the owners manual at this website for any Ford vehicle.
https://owner.ford.com/servlet/Conte...e&ord=16216901

---------- Post added at 03:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

Here is a link to the workshop manual as well.
Ford Service Manuals - 2011
Thanks a ton!!! They told me I could find one online to use until mine arrived, that saves me the time I would have spent looking myself!!!

Mine will be my daily driver, still haven't cracked her loose yet want to get used to her first going from an Quattro A4 to a rear wheel drive is quite the adjustment!
Old 06-06-2013, 03:40 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiant 5.0 View Post

Lol " I got bronchitis, ain't nobody got time for that!"

I laughed so hard just now I about pissed myself.
Ntbruncie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:47 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:

Ntbruncie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:53 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:

Lmao yes sir!
Destro415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 06:12 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Clean man
Old 06-06-2013, 10:15 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntbruncie View Post

Lol " I got bronchitis, ain't nobody got time for that!"

I laughed so hard just now I about pissed myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destro415 View Post

Lmao yes sir!
I do aim to please.
Mod List: H&R Super Sport Springs, Eibach Camber Bolts, Steeda Panhard Bar, BBK Cold Air Intake, Stack Racing Chrome Strut Tower Bar, Boss 302 Coil Pack Covers, Barton Shifter, Barton 2 Post Bracket, 4.10 Gear, 2013 Track Pack Wheels, QA1 Single Adjustable Rear Shocks, Roush Axle-back exhaust, CDC Chin Spoiler, Saleen Grille,
Defiant 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 04:01 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

So I must say, pictures really don't do this color justice! It's finally sunny out and the color is exactly what I had hoped for! I couldn't be happier than I am with this beast!
Old 06-08-2013, 04:58 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

I'm not going to be able to get away with spending a ton right now but the wife knows the borla S-type will be first, so my question is, should I add the H-pipe now or should I wait and see how I like the Borla's first? If I should go with the H pipe now which one should i go with and what sizes are needed?
Old 06-08-2013, 06:51 AM   #20
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
I'm not going to be able to get away with spending a ton right now but the wife knows the borla S-type will be first, so my question is, should I add the H-pipe now or should I wait and see how I like the Borla's first? If I should go with the H pipe now which one should i go with and what sizes are needed?
Your car comes from the factory with an h pipe. Now if you want to get an offroad h pipe I would still wait and see what you think of the borlas with catalytic converters still as a catless mid pipe can be very loud. There's no shame in doing one mod at a time. I'd love to do it all at once if I could, but then you don't know how your car will act and react when driving and if there's an issue with something you wouldn't really know where to start looking for it.

If you do decide to get an aftermarket h pipe, most are 3" with 2.75" ends to hook back up to the stock exhaust, which is what you should get if you don't do a full catback system

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 09:30 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Great looking car brother. If you pick up just the borla AB's I would get the lethal O/A pipes that a 2 3/4 inch which to me is a better fitment.... and cheaper than the full borla cat back.
Old 06-08-2013, 10:51 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Borla first*. Having both the o/r H and the borlas they sound amazing together but are extremely loud. The borlas are loud to begin with. I would do just the axle backs, see what you think, then progress forward.

I don't find them too loud but some people do. Also how true it is, I don't know, but I've heard mixed things about the stock mufflers on o/r pipes. Even then if you did that it won't give you a real idea of how the borla are going to sound.

You will love the borla and I second the lethal o/r mid pipe.
Old 06-08-2013, 11:10 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
I think the Borla axlebacks alone will make a substantial difference, and once u get a little bored of them, that's your green light to add the off road H... If it wasnt for the emission laws here in Jersey, I would've gotten that off road H :-/
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 12:38 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Nice Color , Congrats on the new Car.
Blu13stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 01:44 PM   #25

Region: Asia
Quote:
Congratulations on the new car...and new ruby red color

I'm still waiting for mine...84 days to go
Jacub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 02:50 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacub View Post

Congratulations on the new car...and new ruby red color

I'm still waiting for mine...84 days to go
It's a 2013 so its red candy metallic! Couldn't be more happy with the color! In overcast weather it looks a drab but in the light it's shines and at night it looks mean!

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

Borla first*. Having both the o/r H and the borlas they sound amazing together but are extremely loud. The borlas are loud to begin with. I would do just the axle backs, see what you think, then progress forward.

I don't find them too loud but some people do. Also how true it is, I don't know, but I've heard mixed things about the stock mufflers on o/r pipes. Even then if you did that it won't give you a real idea of how the borla are going to sound.

You will love the borla and I second the lethal o/r mid pipe.
Sounds like a plan and besides the wife made a rule where everytime I get something for the car she gets something.... So gotta pick and chose what to get haha
Old 06-08-2013, 07:40 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
First thing me and my wife noticed when we picked up our mustang was how quiet the ride home was. The Borlas will make a big difference in sound, you'll love them. They were my first choice but I found a great deal on a set of Kooks axle backs
2010GBGT is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT