Turbos - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-06-2013, 12:16 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Turbos

Do you need to do anything to your engine before you install turbos? I've heard you need to get forged parts but I know some people that have turbos with stock parts. Help?
GT fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2013, 12:18 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
If you stay low boost on forced induction and stay 50-100hp under stock internals limit you'll be fine but right at or above max you need to forge
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 12:40 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT fanatic View Post
Do you need to do anything to your engine before you install turbos? I've heard you need to get forged parts but I know some people that have turbos with stock parts. Help?
Your question is way to vague. Like stated above its all about what kind of power you want to make. The stock internals will be plenty for lower boost, which with full boltons and a good tune, will probably put you around 575whp give or take. Anything more then that, although it has been done plenty, i personally wouldn't feel comfortable without going forged.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2013, 01:11 PM   #4
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
If you need to ask that question you have a long ways to go before you should buy any type of forced induction for your car.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:16 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
If you need to ask that question you have a long ways to go before you should buy any type of forced induction for your car.
+1.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:47 PM   #6
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
GT_fanatic,

When first starting with forced induction, it's not a bad idea to buy a kit/package. These packages are usually for low boost/stock internals applications and include everything you need. Your tuner should be able to tell you how much boost your engine can safely handle and how much he/she can safely tune for.

If you have any other questions, feel free to shoot me a PM!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:32 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT fanatic View Post
It all depends on how much power you want to make! Im still basically stock with my car down to the clutch!

2012 6 speed GT with a 8psi Hellion Single Turbo Kit tuned by BBR, GFB Geforce II controller, ID1000 injectors, BAP, GT500 Mufflers no cats, MGW shifter, Dual Aeroforce Interceptor gauges and AMR Wheels. BMR upper control arm and bracket, Whiteline panhard brace, BBR LCA's and Panhard Bar. 552/597 at 7.8 psi
6SpeedFreak is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT