boss mani and fuel disconnect tool - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-08-2013, 01:30 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
boss mani and fuel disconnect tool

so instead of just researching myself and finding the answer I am just gonna do what everyone else wants people to do from now on, post first and expect an answer with no work done on my end!

Do I need the fuel disconnect tool when installing the boss mani or can I get away without it?
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2013, 02:26 PM   #2
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Who cares about that ****. It's no big deal. Letsbnot ruin another thread with a old subject.

Anyways.......you don't need the tool. You can just unclip it. Also,don't pull the fuel rails all the way off. Flip them upside down and set them aside. this will save some time and trouble. Did you buy the kit or get stuff from the parts store?
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 02:44 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
Who cares about that ****. It's no big deal. Letsbnot ruin another thread with a old subject.

Anyways.......you don't need the tool. You can just unclip it. Also,don't pull the fuel rails all the way off. Flip them upside down and set them aside. this will save some time and trouble. Did you buy the kit or get stuff from the parts store?
I got a really good deal from jayman on the boss mani and a JLT cai, and my current roush cai is cracked anyway to a degree. So not sure how long it is going to last. It isn't open and venting gas but the part where the bolts hold the cai in place are cracked. I am sure I can probably glue it back together but just figured I'd get a nicer CAI if partially for looks for car shows. I'll probably paint the CAI tube at some point.

I was planning on just buying some fuel line and clamps and then bolting the purge valve to the block I think is where others have done it. I just didn't want to buy the fuel disconnect tool if I didn't need too. I know they are like $10 but that is $10 I can spend else where lol.
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2013, 02:47 PM   #4
Regular
Supporter

Only thing you need is a M8x1.25 bolt ( optional) and 2" of 3/8 emission hose. $5.99 @ Auto zone.
Old 06-08-2013, 02:52 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
Only thing you need is a M8x1.25 bolt ( optional) and 2" of 3/8 emission hose. $5.99 @ Auto zone.
yeah thats what the install guides said, thanks man, glad I don't have to buy the disconnect tool.
Old 06-08-2013, 03:02 PM   #6
Regular
Supporter

Throw some painters tape down so nothing falls in the engine if you are gonna have it off for awhile,
Old 06-08-2013, 04:06 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post
I have, I really only come here for a select few people and entertainment because there is almost always a giant flamewar once or twice a week.

It is nice to be on other forums and not see the same thread come up every few days reposted over and over.
I honestly wasn't trying to be a smarta** The only reason I asked that, was because I researched the threads and still have questions. Didn't want to get bashed for starting a suspension thread, again.
Jago1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 04:20 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jago1021 View Post
I honestly wasn't trying to be a smarta** The only reason I asked that, was because I researched the threads and still have questions. Didn't want to get bashed for starting a suspension thread, again.
If you have done research it is usually pretty obvious.

I dunno man, post what ya want. I don't want to keep people from learning, I just at the same time can't stand people who don't try and help themselves first. I spend so much time reading and reading and learning that when I do have a question I usually am truly stumped.

I also saw someone in a different thread complain he didn't want to search and read because it might not give him the answer. So they expect everyone else to spend there time helping them because they won't do anything.

I just see so many people around me going downhill because they refuse to do anything without someone holding there hand and walking them through everything and I just snapped. People consider it a bad attitude on my part. If it is a bad attitude for me to want people to try and help themselves before asking other people to take there free time and help them, then yes I have a bad attitude.
Old 06-10-2013, 06:10 AM   #9
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
If you have done research it is usually pretty obvious.

I dunno man, post what ya want. I don't want to keep people from learning, I just at the same time can't stand people who don't try and help themselves first. I spend so much time reading and reading and learning that when I do have a question I usually am truly stumped.

I also saw someone in a different thread complain he didn't want to search and read because it might not give him the answer. So they expect everyone else to spend there time helping them because they won't do anything.

I just see so many people around me going downhill because they refuse to do anything without someone holding there hand and walking them through everything and I just snapped. People consider it a bad attitude on my part. If it is a bad attitude for me to want people to try and help themselves before asking other people to take there free time and help them, then yes I have a bad attitude.
I'm with you 100% on your thoughts. Unfortunately, these forums will always be full of questions that have been discussed and in most cases answered before. However, folks do not search. many complain that the search tool is too primitive; it gives too many threads in which to search through. For me, I learn that way. I usually end up reading the material, and forget what my original question was, as I got side tracked on another interesting topic from the search results.

There will always be those that lead, follow, or get in others way. I simply suggest a search, and don't let it bother me if folks don't head the suggestion.
Old 06-10-2013, 09:06 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Good response bucko. I completely agree.
Old 06-10-2013, 09:59 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
I'm with you 100% on your thoughts. Unfortunately, these forums will always be full of questions that have been discussed and in most cases answered before. However, folks do not search. many complain that the search tool is too primitive; it gives too many threads in which to search through. For me, I learn that way. I usually end up reading the material, and forget what my original question was, as I got side tracked on another interesting topic from the search results.

There will always be those that lead, follow, or get in others way. I simply suggest a search, and don't let it bother me if folks don't head the suggestion.
The way I look at it, I have put a lot of time into this site. My personal free time. So have a lot of other people. Even new people. I would expect new/other members woyld attempt to find the answer before making someone else find it for them. I can't speak for everyone but if the forum search sucks use Google. I sure do. It really just amazes me at the stuff they gets posted constantly anymore. I had another user PM me and I think they have a good point. Next we are going to see threads on what color car should they buy. I don't mind reposts but that really isn't it. We see a cai thread, a tuner thread, a sixxer wanting a v8 thread etc. Onward once a week. Those people obviously don't search. A proper response would be to delete there thread and PM them with a few example threads found with the search button. How else are they going to stop building bad habits. If you don't they will always post a thread for everything they can because people just answer it and they don't have to do any real work.

If I am the enemy because I think people should attempt to find the answer on their own time before asking everyone else to use there's, I'll gladly be that person. This site has gotten far worse lately. I have a feeling I know why but I don't care to sit down and prove it. I just am basing it off past forums I watched fall to hell from a tech stand point. I feel this one will go that way as well.

I also will no longer be on this site as long as it stays this way. I stand up for what I believe in. Some people will always hate me for that. The thing is I don't care that you all hate me for wanting people to better themselves without being hand fed.
Old 06-10-2013, 10:28 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
The plastic dip threads get to me, everyone of them should be deleted from the tech section. I thought they taught finger painting in grade school.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:33 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
The plastic dip threads get to me, everyone of them should be deleted from the tech section. I thought they taught finger painting in grade school.
glad other people understand lol. That is a good one, we see those all the time.
Old 06-10-2013, 10:34 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The way I look at it, I have put a lot of time into this site. My personal free time. So have a lot of other people. Even new people. I would expect new/other members woyld attempt to find the answer before making someone else find it for them. I can't speak for everyone but if the forum search sucks use Google. I sure do. It really just amazes me at the stuff they gets posted constantly anymore. I had another user PM me and I think they have a good point. Next we are going to see threads on what color car should they buy. I don't mind reposts but that really isn't it. We see a cai thread, a tuner thread, a sixxer wanting a v8 thread etc. Onward once a week. Those people obviously don't search. A proper response would be to delete there thread and PM them with a few example threads found with the search button. How else are they going to stop building bad habits. If you don't they will always post a thread for everything they can because people just answer it and they don't have to do any real work.

If I am the enemy because I think people should attempt to find the answer on their own time before asking everyone else to use there's, I'll gladly be that person. This site has gotten far worse lately. I have a feeling I know why but I don't care to sit down and prove it. I just am basing it off past forums I watched fall to hell from a tech stand point. I feel this one will go that way as well.

I also will no longer be on this site as long as it stays this way. I stand up for what I believe in. Some people will always hate me for that. The thing is I don't care that you all hate me for wanting people to better themselves without being hand fed.
Hate to see you go, you have a lot of knowledge we can learn from but you do have a point, we need to research a topic before asking questions that were covered a week ago. Thanks for your help and I'll see you on the other forums.
Jago1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:58 AM   #15
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:

It should be understood that for most of the membership here, this Mustang is their first car, or the first one they are modifying. To others, it may be just another car they bought, and the modifications have been done before on other vehicles.

We should not discourage questions being asked, but rather inform and help those that ask. Agreed, there are many duplicated subjects here, and many other forums as well. Rather than get upset over it, simply suggest a search be performed. This forum may be the first that many of our members have joined, so we should try and help out rather than post harshly against them.

If a duplicated post happens, I'll suggest a search, and even do one and post its results by pasting the linked results in the answer. Then they see how it can work. If the same member askes a duplicate question again, I simply move on to the next thread.
I for one would like to promote this site as an inviting one to new members, and to those who perhaps have never been on a forum before. We can take the time to help them out to become contributing members, and to use the great knowledge base all our members here provide.
Some of the other Mustang sites I contribute to have a lot of "bully" members; those who have a strong knowledge base, and like to show that off in their answers. This wards off new members, which I think is wrong. We all started out at one time as a newbie.

Now, back on the subject. You do not need a fuel disconnect tool, if you are refering to that which was used to remove fuel lines from a fuel filter. I always had some "fun" with that tool; you had to crimp over the line, push it into the connector, and hope you did it right to pull back on the fuel line to disconnect. All while laying on your back.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:28 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
I don't see the big deal. If it bothers you that much then just don't open the thread... Easy as that. Just my .02 :/
TheAdrianHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:01 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Sooooo...what cai n tuner should i get and with who haha jkjk.but I get where nosympathy is coming.i for one is still a newbie to the site n noticed post beig reposted obvious questions that can be answered by just searching.i only have a 10gt and thinks its stupid when someone asks should i trade my v6 for the 5.0 or how much will my insurance go up.seriously dude go to your insurance n get qoutes.either way i dot blame nosympathy for getting annoyed
Torchred2010gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 05:01 PM   #18
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchred2010gt View Post
Sooooo...what cai n tuner should i get and with who haha jkjk.but I get where nosympathy is coming.i for one is still a newbie to the site n noticed post beig reposted obvious questions that can be answered by just searching.i only have a 10gt and thinks its stupid when someone asks should i trade my v6 for the 5.0 or how much will my insurance go up.seriously dude go to your insurance n get qoutes.either way i dot blame nosympathy for getting annoyed
I don't think anyone blames him for being annoyed. But why get all upset about it and flame people? What good does that do? There's no harm in KINDLY suggesting a search instead of bullying people into doing so.

Then to act like we owe him a favor for him spending his precious free time answering repeated questions? Get real, move on to another thread if a certain one bores you, just simply do not read or respond.

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:07 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post

I don't think anyone blames him for being annoyed. But why get all upset about it and flame people? What good does that do? There's no harm in KINDLY suggesting a search instead of bullying people into doing so.

Then to act like we owe him a favor for him spending his precious free time answering repeated questions? Get real, move on to another thread if a certain one bores you, just simply do not read or respond.
Lol, it is that simple.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:10 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Buy ME Gear!!!
:cool
Official MustangEvolution.com Gear
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:37 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
I used my pocket knife to push the two little tabs back to where they unsnapped then slid it into the slot that opened on the other side of the tab to get it to fully unlock then just pull a part it's pretty easy
Thomas11CS5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT