Will a stock blower fit on a 5.0? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-08-2013, 03:59 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Will a stock blower fit on a 5.0?

Will a stock blower from a 11-12 Shelby fit on a 13 5.0??

Iam really interested on this subject..
GypsyChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2013, 04:21 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyChris View Post
Will a stock blower from a 11-12 Shelby fit on a 13 5.0??

Iam really interested on this subject..
Yes, but you need a lower intake manifold custom made and an adapter plate fabbed up so that you can bolt it on. You would need the intake, intercooler, pulleys, belt, and drive assembly with tensioners. Not to mention the spare IC reservoir, intercooler pump, all fluid lines, and heat exchanger.

You would piece together all these items to have a sub-par blower, and you would have a one-off set up. You'd need custom dyno tuning to make it work, and you'd have the same heat soak issues every gt500 faces.
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 04:28 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Well I have the custom dyno guy... What would you think all those parts works cost? .. I also have the install guy
GypsyChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2013, 04:30 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Well I have the custom dyno guy... What would you think all those parts works cost? .. I also have the install guy
Going to be cheaper and better to go with a vortech supercharger than to get the needed parts along with the fabricated parts for a not so great blower.
Old 06-08-2013, 05:08 PM   #5
ME Bloodhound
Staff

All the expenses you are going to go through trying to get a mediocre/used supercharger on your car can be used to buy a brand new Whipple or Kenne Bell that is specially designed for your car.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:49 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Uhm I would imagine if you sourced them used from a gt500 you could get a full blower set-up for 1800-2000k if you can find a total set up. Expect to spend double that buying from ford. You'd want to get injectors, fuel pumps, or a BAP so consider another easy 500-1000 there depending on your options. The lower intake manifold and adapter plate will be where all the money will be spent. You'll spend easily 1500-2000 on R&D on a custom manifold and adapter to bolt up the blower. In the lightning world (where I am from) getting the new gt500 blower on the trucks is something people like to do (I don't know why). A number of people make prefabricated kits that range anywhere from 1200-3000 dollars, but nobody does this 5.0s. Therefore you will be the Guinea pig and spend more on the design than the person after you. You'll have to have all this stuff installed where you are tuning it otherwise the car won't start with all the new equipment on it. You'd need a tuner, another 400 if you don't have one already. The nickel and diming will have you pulling your hair out by the time you have all the parts and then you got to pay for instillation and custom tuning.

OR you could spend less money for a proven 5.0 system that comes with tuning in the box. Have your install man put it on and then flash the computer with the tune and done.
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT