Stainless side burner exhaust - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-10-2013, 02:39 PM   #1

Region: New York
Stainless side burner exhaust

So I have borla s types and I want to add a little bit more sound. I was looking into the boss side pipes which are nearly $800 which is crazy. I found stainless works make these side burner exhaust that just bolts up to the stock H and it cost around $400. What do you guys think? I'm surprised, no one seems to have them, which makes me kind of skeptical.
42NATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2013, 02:53 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Have you considered an aftermarket h?
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 02:59 PM   #3

I have, if I wasn't sold on this I was looking into the JBA H with the optional cat delete. I just thought this might sound nicer by surrounding the cabin.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2013, 05:15 PM   #4
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by 42NATO View Post
So I have borla s types and I want to add a little bit more sound. I was looking into the boss side pipes which are nearly $800 which is crazy. I found stainless works make these side burner exhaust that just bolts up to the stock H and it cost around $400. What do you guys think? I'm surprised, no one seems to have them, which makes me kind of skeptical.
I think no one has them because no one knows about them. Every time side pipes come up the boss 302 is the only thing even mentioned. SW does very little of their own marketing and allows their dealers to do most of it themselves, and I haven't seen any dealers ever even mention them.

I just installed stainless works LT's and they have very good quality product. Also, these bolt onto and still into your stock midpipe which may drive some people away. If you're on the fence I would definitely do it, you won't be let down with SW gear

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:21 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
did you consider getting the resonators cut out and having 3" stainless welded in its place? I have the borla s types and having the resonators cut out really woke up the borlas. Sounds awesome and only cost me about ~100 bucks which is on the high end.
l l 6 Spd l Prem Pkg l Nav l TP l LthrRecaros l AmericanRacing 1 7/8 LTs l O/R H l JLT CF CAI lVMP Tuned l BorlaS Quads w/ResDel. l GT500Valance l KoniStr.T l K-Springs l GT500 Mounts l BMR UCA&LCA l BMR Relos l BMR Panhard l SpeedDawg Knob l 5.0 LloydsMats l Redline HoodStrts l Bobs CF Oil Sep. l 15% Tint l CDC Grille l StrtScn2 ChinSpoiler l GT/CS Fogs w/4500k l RTR DeckLid l CF Engine/CoilCoversl
Joey8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:51 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey8 View Post
did you consider getting the resonators cut out and having 3" stainless welded in its place? I have the borla s types and having the resonators cut out really woke up the borlas. Sounds awesome and only cost me about ~100 bucks which is on the high end.
Where are the resonators located? Did you just have an exhaust shop do it?
Old 06-10-2013, 06:19 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey8 View Post
I wanna hear the difference, I love my Borla S types, if it can be a tad bit louder I would definitely consider the resonator delete... Did it make any extra drone??
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 06:34 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2 View Post
I wanna hear the difference, I love my Borla S types, if it can be a tad bit louder I would definitely consider the resonator delete... Did it make any extra drone??
I will try to get a video up tomorrow. Its been pretty crappy weather here in new jersey raining a bunch. There is a slight barely noticeable increase in drone, but the increased sound and growl FAR outweighs the "increase" in drone. It sounds alot meaner and alot more aggressive.

42NATO: The resonators are on the far left.

https://www.google.com/search?newwin...%3B1600%3B1200
l l 6 Spd l Prem Pkg l Nav l TP l LthrRecaros l AmericanRacing 1 7/8 LTs l O/R H l JLT CF CAI lVMP Tuned l BorlaS Quads w/ResDel. l GT500Valance l KoniStr.T l K-Springs l GT500 Mounts l BMR UCA&LCA l BMR Relos l BMR Panhard l SpeedDawg Knob l 5.0 LloydsMats l Redline HoodStrts l Bobs CF Oil Sep. l 15% Tint l CDC Grille l StrtScn2 ChinSpoiler l GT/CS Fogs w/4500k l RTR DeckLid l CF Engine/CoilCoversl
Joey8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:40 PM   #9

Not a bad idea. Especially for $100. May end up doin both lol

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT