Order of Suspension Parts Installation - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-19-2013, 06:09 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post

Haha was that the link i posted? My buddy sent that to me. I know mishaps and defects happen with all manufacturers, but that is serious. The worst ive seen from bmr was a bad bushing, which won't create anywhere near the carnage as the actual bracket shattering would. I know 1 time isn't alot, but for me its enough to keep me away from whiteline. I was seriously considering there UCA as well, as ive heard nothing but good things about their LCAs. After seeing this, ill be sticking with bmr.
IMO, Whiteline is handling the situation very well. Should have never happened though with thorough testing etc. But, things are going to happen, it's how companies handle themselves in these instances that says a lot about them. I have their LCAs, Panhard bar w/bracket and they're very well made.
2010GBGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2013, 07:32 AM   #37
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
I like their uca. This might steer me away from it, but the design if it is very unique.
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:31 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010GBGT View Post

IMO, Whiteline is handling the situation very well. Should have never happened though with thorough testing etc. But, things are going to happen, it's how companies handle themselves in these instances that says a lot about them. I have their LCAs, Panhard bar w/bracket and they're very well made.
+1^. Well said.
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2013, 09:52 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1036533844.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	145.7 KB
ID:	114752  
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:55 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Lmao DWC.

Yeah whiteline is definitely handling it the right way. And from what ive read, taking care of the guys car. But hopefully they do go back and take a second look at their design. I know its made from extremely strong materials, but the gauge of that steel is in fact very thin. Just imagine if that happened hitting a bump in the road at 65mph...thank god for the driver it happened on a launch.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:40 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT fanatic View Post
About $2000
Get a full suspention kit eibach, roush etc first the rest can be done piece by piece and really rant needed until that's squared away
J&M LCA'S
J&M adjustable panhard bar
Whiteline relocation brackets
Davestanged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:10 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Lmao DWC.

Yeah whiteline is definitely handling it the right way. And from what ive read, taking care of the guys car. But hopefully they do go back and take a second look at their design. I know its made from extremely strong materials, but the gauge of that steel is in fact very thin. Just imagine if that happened hitting a bump in the road at 65mph...thank god for the driver it happened on a launch.
I can confirm that they have a recall on it. I have contacted them and they will replace it with an updated design. They say new design being tested and expect to start shipping in about 10 days. I am back to my non-adjustable stock UCA. Since I lowered the car about an inch (BMR), I plan to adjust the pinion angle with the newly installed Whiteline LCAs.
Alkhalil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 07:08 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Man, I'm sure glad I read this. I just purchased a solid group of Whiteline components: panhard, bracket, LCA relos, and a strut tower brace. I've got the Eibach adjustable LCAs now, but part of me wants to sell 'em and get Whiteline's...purely to compliment the rest of my suspension geometry components haha.

Anyway, I really wanted to beef up and stiffen the rear end before I lowered it, preferably with an Eibach pro kit. Last step would be some caster camber plates. I just want to get all my sucks in a row, ya know? Any thoughts?
Please dear God, protect my sweet ride.

2013 California Specil GT "Tater"
jdemK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 10:34 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdemK View Post
Man, I'm sure glad I read this. I just purchased a solid group of Whiteline components: panhard, bracket, LCA relos, and a strut tower brace. I've got the Eibach adjustable LCAs now, but part of me wants to sell 'em and get Whiteline's...purely to compliment the rest of my suspension geometry components haha.

Anyway, I really wanted to beef up and stiffen the rear end before I lowered it, preferably with an Eibach pro kit. Last step would be some caster camber plates. I just want to get all my sucks in a row, ya know? Any thoughts?
I'm going with a similar setup. Have Whiteline's LCAs and Panhard bar w/bracket. I picked up a set of Steeda sport springs with Koni STRT dampers. A lot of guys run these springs and dampers and rave about them. Thought about the Eibach setup but went this route based on all the reviews and feedback I had seen. Also plan to pick up the redesigned Whiteline UCA, if they get it right this time which I'm sure they do. After that, I should be set.
Old 06-21-2013, 10:54 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Sounds good. I read recently about either changing out suspension component bolts and or using locktite on all of them during reinstallation. I might be doing that.

Old 06-21-2013, 11:48 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Sounds good. I read recently about either changing out suspension component bolts and or using locktite on all of them during reinstallation. I might be doing that.
Plan to do the same with the bolts.
Old 06-22-2013, 06:45 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I talked with whiteline for a bit these past couple days. They're testing the new revised UCA right now. They hope to have it ready in the next couple of weeks. WL really stepped up on this one, placed zero blame. Their actions are just an example of how good a company they are.
Old 06-22-2013, 06:55 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman33 View Post
I talked with whiteline for a bit these past couple days. They're testing the new revised UCA right now. They hope to have it ready in the next couple of weeks. WL really stepped up on this one, placed zero blame. Their actions are just an example of how good a company they are.
Glad they are stepping up to the plate, and redesigning it, not just blaming it on one "defective" piece. It was a little nerve racking when my buddy sent that thread me, as he knows im in the market for a UCA right now.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Old 06-22-2013, 11:32 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Glad I read this thread I almost pulled the trigger on the white line UCA the other day along with other stuff.
SSTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 11:39 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSTHIS View Post
Glad I read this thread I almost pulled the trigger on the white line UCA the other day along with other stuff.
Yeah im glad people finally started reading that thread. I posted it up a couple weeks ago, but it got moved to General discussion... Not to sure why. More people would have seen it here.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:16 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Whiteline's panhard bar is set at factory length, but this just doesn't look right to me...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-706188811.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	432.8 KB
ID:	115845   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4290313477.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	393.0 KB
ID:	115846  

Old 06-27-2013, 01:18 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

The back right tire seems a bit more recessed then the left. Do I need to extend the panhard a little?

Old 06-27-2013, 01:56 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
The back right tire seems a bit more recessed then the left. Do I need to extend the panhard a little?
You need to shorten it.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 02:26 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Glad they are stepping up to the plate, and redesigning it, not just blaming it on one "defective" piece. It was a little nerve racking when my buddy sent that thread me, as he knows im in the market for a UCA right now.
Look at METCO, I ended up ordering a batch to put on my car and get one to the OP. There are a few racing teams that swear by METCO, I already have their LCA's on.
Old 06-27-2013, 02:45 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman33 View Post

Look at METCO, I ended up ordering a batch to put on my car and get one to the OP. There are a few racing teams that swear by METCO, I already have their LCA's on.
Yeah ive been hearing nothing but good things about them.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT