Just installed the Roush Axle backs - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-13-2013, 08:38 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Just installed the Roush Axle backs

I just installed the Roush Axel back exhausts. Wow, i am totally satisfied. They sound excellent. I was worried as this is a daily driver, and i work down town. Plus I live in a quite neighborhood, I wanted something that sounded great when you crack it but was tame when you wanted it to be.

Well the Roush set up fits that ticket. real nice deep sound when your grabbing gears and and nice crackle when its backing off.

But if you stay out if it its not really any louder than stock. So it was exactly what i was looking for.

I have a lift so the install was under two hrs. I did remove the middle pipes as the instructions say but i am not sure i needed to do that. the fit was perfect and was pretty simple to do.

Now if just have to get delivery of the MGW shifter so i can get that done and i will be a happy camper.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2013, 09:02 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ftodaro View Post
I just installed the Roush Axel back exhausts. Wow, i am totally satisfied. They sound excellent. I was worried as this is a daily driver, and i work down town. Plus I live in a quite neighborhood, I wanted something that sounded great when you crack it but was tame when you wanted it to be.

Well the Roush set up fits that ticket. real nice deep sound when your grabbing gears and and nice crackle when its backing off.

But if you stay out if it its not really any louder than stock. So it was exactly what i was looking for.

I have a lift so the install was under two hrs. I did remove the middle pipes as the instructions say but i am not sure i needed to do that. the fit was perfect and was pretty simple to do.

Now if just have to get delivery of the MGW shifter so i can get that done and i will be a happy camper.
Glad you like them man, I love mine too. I cant stand my neighbor so that cold start roar is great at 5am lmao. Yeah, you definitely didn't need to remove the mid pipes. I had mine on in 45 min with jack stands. The roush ABs fit really well, so theres not much need for maneuverability.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:05 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Got mine yesterday and can't wait to install!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2868143800.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	513.3 KB
ID:	113955  
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2013, 09:13 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013mustang5.0 View Post
Got mine yesterday and can't wait to install!
Why wait??? Do it now lol! Literally takes an hour at the most!
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Old 06-13-2013, 09:19 PM   #5
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
I can do mine in 20 minutes with the car on the ground... And it's lowered. It's super easy, don't let it scare you

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:22 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
I can do mine in 20 minutes with the car on the ground... And it's lowered. It's super easy, don't let it scare you
Plus +1000. Dont know if i can hit 20 min yet lol. Only done it once. But took me 45 min the first time. Im lowered now too... Kinda wanna go time myself hahaha
Old 06-13-2013, 09:30 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I haven't had any time with finals in school this week
Old 06-13-2013, 09:40 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Glad you like them... Absolutely love mine too. The sound is striking!

Evil I leave to work at 3:30am every morning I know the enjoyment
J&M LCA'S
J&M adjustable panhard bar
Whiteline relocation brackets
Davestanged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:42 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davestanged View Post
Glad you like them... Absolutely love mine too. The sound is striking!

Evil I leave to work at 3:30am every morning I know the enjoyment
Lol needless to say, i purposely back in at home as well. We live in a townhouse so it all vibrates off his house as well lol
Old 06-13-2013, 09:55 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Took me an hour and Fifteen minutes and I just straddle my ditch rather than lift it up. I left the mid pipe on and just kinda man handled them out of there. WD 40 made this way easy. I love mine too and have had compliments from that sounds awesome all the way to Holy ****. Pardon French, but yeah I love that cold start too.
Old 06-13-2013, 09:58 PM   #11
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post

Plus +1000. Dont know if i can hit 20 min yet lol. Only done it once. But took me 45 min the first time. Im lowered now too... Kinda wanna go time myself hahaha
Yea I'm on my 5th set and I've helped a few other people as well

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:01 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:

Lol needless to say, i purposely back in at home as well. We live in a townhouse so it all vibrates off his house as well lol
Good way to get your car messed up.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:18 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ftodaro View Post

Glad you're enjoying them. I love how they're calm while you're cruising down the highway, but it only takes a split second to wake them up.
2013_DIB_GTCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:18 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

Good way to get your car messed up.
He wouldn't dare. Trust me. This guy wouldn't even know where to start with a car. Just an angry a$$hole who has a miserable life. He has called the cops on me several times on me, simply just for starting my bike, having a friend park near his driveway (although in a legal parking spot) etc, and even the cops and HOA just laugh. Plus i have been asked if i would like to press charges on him, since the officers witnessed him threaten to "bury me" lol. so if he steps foot on or anywhere near my driveway/property , he will be arrested.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:27 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

He wouldn't dare. Trust me. This guy wouldn't even know where to start with a car. Just an angry a$$hole who has a miserable life. He has called the cops on me several times on me, simply just for starting my bike, having a friend park near his driveway (although in a legal parking spot) etc, and even the cops and HOA just laugh. Plus i have been asked if i would like to press charges on him, since the officers witnessed him threaten to "bury me" lol. so if he steps foot on or anywhere near my driveway/property , he will be arrested.
Sounds exactly like the kind of person that would do such a thing, better get a camera.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:28 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Sounds exactly like the kind of person that would do such a thing, better get a camera.
Been going on for 5 years... He hasn't done a thing. Plus my car is in the garage 90% of the time, unless one of the bikes is being worked on. I'm in northern VA, about 25 min outside DC., no offense to anyone else who lives in this area, but most people around here dont know the difference between a socket wrench and a tire iron.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:54 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Been going on for 5 years... He hasn't done a thing. Plus my car is in the garage 90% of the time, unless one of the bikes is being worked on. I'm in northern VA, about 25 min outside DC., no offense to anyone else who lives in this area, but most people around here dont know the difference between a socket wrench and a tire iron.
What kind of bikes you have, I've got a few to many myself.
Old 06-13-2013, 11:02 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

What kind of bikes you have, I've got a few to many myself.
04 R1 with full race plastics for the track. Bought it years ago, went down on it, decided to keep it for my track warrior.

09 R1 with too many mods to list lol. My street bike

Heres a couple pics. Kinda outdated tho. (before the race plastics on the 04).

How about yourself?

Name:	ForumRunner_20130614_000159.png
Views:	247
Size:	451.0 KB
ID:	113981

Name:	n1091432834_30114582_9524-1.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	113982
Old 06-13-2013, 11:12 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

I have several harleys, only only one of them is a drag bike. My balls aren't big enough to road race.
Old 06-14-2013, 07:21 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I have several harleys, only only one of them is a drag bike. My balls aren't big enough to road race.
I love it man. We have a great circle track about 90 min from my house. You may have heard of it, as its pretty popular. Summit Point. My buddy and i trailer ours up there at least 4 or 5 times a season. Used to be more, but unfortunately just dont have as much free time now haha.

Go try it out sometime. It is nerve racking at first, but they make you take it slow to start out. You have to do a 6 hour course manner/training class before they even let you step foot on the track, as well as a bunch of other drills. Definitely a good time. Once you graduate you basically pay $90 for 6 hours of track time to do whatever you want with.
Old 06-14-2013, 08:22 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I love it man. We have a great circle track about 90 min from my house. You may have heard of it, as its pretty popular. Summit Point. My buddy and i trailer ours up there at least 4 or 5 times a season. Used to be more, but unfortunately just dont have as much free time now haha.

Go try it out sometime. It is nerve racking at first, but they make you take it slow to start out. You have to do a 6 hour course manner/training class before they even let you step foot on the track, as well as a bunch of other drills. Definitely a good time. Once you graduate you basically pay $90 for 6 hours of track time to do whatever you want with.
That sounds like a good deal and a lot of fun. I know from drag racing my bike, when I'm racing the car, I'm not the least bit nervous. First time in a car I thought to myself, this ain't right, I'm not nervous at all.
Old 06-14-2013, 09:11 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

That sounds like a good deal and a lot of fun. I know from drag racing my bike, when I'm racing the car, I'm not the least bit nervous. First time in a car I thought to myself, this ain't right, I'm not nervous at all.
Yeah no kidding. I was nervous as hell my first couple times out. But it all goes away after a few laps.

And yeah, im the same way at the drag strip with my cars, although i haven't had the mustang there yet, so we'll see if that will make me clinch at all haha
Old 06-14-2013, 06:25 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Love my Roush axle backs too! Great sound for the price.

Name:	image-634459489.jpg
Views:	367
Size:	453.4 KB
ID:	114075
DirtyDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 07:35 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Ughhhhh i need to install mine =\ can't wait
Old 06-15-2013, 12:03 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Ok after reeding this I am ordering the Roush axle-back exhaust for my Pony!! 2 questions !
1. Does anyone have a coupon for American Muscle that I could used.. Just trying to get the lowest price!!!

2. Do I need to purchase the Roush rear valance?
I have a mustang 2013.. GT!!

And yes thus is my first mod other than tinting my windows!!!
Thank again fit the help everyone!!!
Saintsone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 05:50 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintsone View Post
Ok after reeding this I am ordering the Roush axle-back exhaust for my Pony!! 2 questions !
1. Does anyone have a coupon for American Muscle that I could used.. Just trying to get the lowest price!!!

2. Do I need to purchase the Roush rear valance?
I have a mustang 2013.. GT!!

And yes thus is my first mod other than tinting my windows!!!
Thank again fit the help everyone!!!
1. No we are not allowed to share our discount codes. Get to 50 posts then PM Dan or Shane from AM.

2. No you do not need the rear valance as long as you get the round tips
Old 06-16-2013, 04:30 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Got the Roush in..... Simply amazing! A tad of drone on the highway but overall great exhaust
Old 06-16-2013, 05:10 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013mustang5.0 View Post
Got the Roush in..... Simply amazing! A tad of drone on the highway but overall great exhaust
Your the first with drone.
Old 06-16-2013, 07:07 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Your the first with drone.
Yeah for sure. I have absolutely no drone at all.
Old 06-16-2013, 07:13 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yeah for sure. I have absolutely no drone at all.
Ya I don't even have a hint of it. When cursing on the highway, I don't even hear the exhaust.
Old 06-16-2013, 07:18 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Ya I don't even have a hint of it. When cursing on the highway, I don't even hear the exhaust.
I start hearing a bit at about 75mph...other than that barely nothing
Old 06-16-2013, 07:19 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
The only time I hear it on the highway when I'm not on it is going up a hill
2013_DIB_GTCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 07:29 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I have a JBA after cat H pipe, no resonators, and the roush AB and I never hear any drone. Only time I hear the exhaust in 6th is if I accelerate a little to pass someone or increase my speed 5mph or so. Any other time though... Idle all the way to 7k it sounds monstrous.
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 07:38 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post
I have a JBA after cat H pipe, no resonators, and the roush AB and I never hear any drone. Only time I hear the exhaust in 6th is if I accelerate a little to pass someone or increase my speed 5mph or so. Any other time though... Idle all the way to 7k it sounds monstrous.
Thinking of getting an aftercat x pipe...did you notice any difference in loudness?
Old 06-16-2013, 09:27 PM   #35
Registered Member

Regular

Region: South Dakota
I can't imagine a better exhaust for this car. I can't wait for the bbk lth's and xpipe. They'll be here Tuesday and then it will be really sexy.
Famine is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT