Brenspeed 650R Roush supercharger package - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-16-2013, 11:48 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Elmendorf
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSlow4U View Post

They don't REQUIRE data logging. I didn't data log mine for a year, and did it because I wanted too.
That's odd. Well consider this my personal opinion, but I would say it is ill advised to run a email tune on a supercharged car without any way for the tuner to see what the car is doing. Maybe vmp has just done enough of the tunes that they already have a generalized one they gave you.
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-17-2013, 01:03 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular
 
45ANNGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 45
I just got done last week installing the 650R supercharger. Man what power. Your going to love it.



Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3740114164.jpg
Views:	376
Size:	500.0 KB
ID:	114429
__________________
2009 GT, Premium Black, V3 Vortech, American Thunder Axel backs and Staggered wheels
45ANNGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:03 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45ANNGT View Post
I just got done last week installing the 650R supercharger. Man what power. Your going to love it.
How was the install, how long did it take? I'm debating between the 650r and the 710.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-17-2013, 04:36 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular
 
MikeC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45ANNGT View Post
I just got done last week installing the 650R supercharger. Man what power. Your going to love it.
Congrats, on the install. i can't wait.
MikeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:40 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular
 
jayman33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 515
Go with VMP, Ive had 4 customers switch over and the difference is HUGE.
__________________
A boss.....
jayman33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:55 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular
 
TooSlow4U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Arizona
Posts: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post

That's odd. Well consider this my personal opinion, but I would say it is ill advised to run a email tune on a supercharged car without any way for the tuner to see what the car is doing. Maybe vmp has just done enough of the tunes that they already have a generalized one they gave you.
First it was required now its personal opinion. come on man! lol Too many people state misinformation. However, I do agree that data logging SHOULD be done to make sure email tunes are correct, safe, and efficient. That's why I did it and vmp didn't have to adjust or change anything. They said it was "spot on".
TooSlow4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:54 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Elmendorf
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSlow4U View Post

First it was required now its personal opinion. come on man! lol Too many people state misinformation. However, I do agree that data logging SHOULD be done to make sure email tunes are correct, safe, and efficient. That's why I did it and vmp didn't have to adjust or change anything. They said it was "spot on".
Saying that data logging is required by vmp, when it used to be, is nowhere near as bad as some of the misinformation on this forum. Like I said, you probably have a "spot on" generalized tune that was already data logged by somebody else. I bet you could get even more out of it on a dyno tune also.
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:46 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular
 
TooSlow4U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Arizona
Posts: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post

Saying that data logging is required by vmp, when it used to be, is nowhere near as bad as some of the misinformation on this forum. Like I said, you probably have a "spot on" generalized tune that was already data logged by somebody else. I bet you could get even more out of it on a dyno tune also.
Definitely a Dyno tune is the best. I don't trust any of the tuners where I'm at due to their inexperience with the coyote and a supercharger.
TooSlow4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:49 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: South Elgin ill
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,656
Dyno tune is but my Dyno tune guy will charge me 450 every time I get it tuned and I plan on more mods lol for data logging did you do that on street and track ? Or get some Dyno time
Moto111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 01:09 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Elmendorf
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto111 View Post
Dyno tune is but my Dyno tune guy will charge me 450 every time I get it tuned and I plan on more mods lol for data logging did you do that on street and track ? Or get some Dyno time
I data logged mine on the highway with a couple quick pulls and then I finalized them on the track. I wouldn't pay for more than one dyno tune
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 04:42 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular
 
TooSlow4U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Arizona
Posts: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post

I data logged mine on the highway with a couple quick pulls and then I finalized them on the track. I wouldn't pay for more than one dyno tune
How fast do you go?
TooSlow4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 05:13 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular
 
DirtyDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Fishers
Region: Indiana
Posts: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45ANNGT View Post
I just got done last week installing the 650R supercharger. Man what power. Your going to love it.
always a beautiful piece of art! I want one so bad...
DirtyDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 05:15 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Elmendorf
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSlow4U View Post

How fast do you go?
In the lightning? On the highway I won't say, but I went 11.00@123mph last time I took it out. I was having traction issues and the track was pretty bad. They had all the guys with slicks running one lane and the guys with dr's and street tires in the other. They ended up ditching that idea before I was able to run. So I spun bad both times I went. First run was a 11.18@117 mph
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:19 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular
 
alrefire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by SystemCritical View Post
Yeah, wife gave me the green light when I bought mine. The deal is, if I spend 10k on my car she gets to spend 10k on a mods of her own, wink wink. Upgraded headlights if you catch what I'm saying.

So it's a win win for me!!!!

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 PM ----------

I was actually thinking of doing Brenspeed as well. Make it a vacation. Haul her up from Texas,
Don't forget to post pics...






Of your supercharger :p
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:53 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular
 
MikeC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 85
Ok, install date moved to the 11th vice the 8th. didnt realize i had to buy the parts to lock on my appointment. my bust..
MikeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:24 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular
 
DirtyDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Fishers
Region: Indiana
Posts: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeC View Post
Ok, install date moved to the 11th vice the 8th. didnt realize i had to buy the parts to lock on my appointment. my bust..
sucks!
DirtyDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:29 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular
 
SystemCritical's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post

Don't forget to post pics...

Of your supercharger :p
Lol!!! Hey man, you can't drive a hot car if you can accept the compliments. Same goes for my wife. Awe yeah!!!
SystemCritical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:36 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular
 
MikeC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by SystemCritical View Post

Lol!!! Hey man, you can't drive a hot car if you can accept the compliments. Same goes for my wife. Awe yeah!!!
Bazinga
MikeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 11:14 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular
 
MikeC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 85
Ok, Install was completed Thursday. I am 1000% happythe car is a monster now. Brenspeed is amazing and the facility is crazy nice. All customer service should be like this, they gave me 4 free t-shirts and a roush hat! but about the car.. it feels stock when driving normal ( I was worried the throttle response would make it jerky, not the case though). Once you step on the gas, that's it.. gates of HELL are opened and your sucked back to your seat like a rocket. Car seems to hook up very well with the traction control on. I couldn't even imagine trying to drive it now without it on... I think it would just spin you out of control. so here are some pics.. look the same as everyone else's. I will try to get a video of acceleration but it will require wifes help, there is no way to hold a camera and get on this thing.. I also uploaded a pic of a 2011 Saleen they have in the showroom floor. car is 1 of 1 built for brent to race that year. real nice and is for sale in the $40's...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TVS.jpg
Views:	487
Size:	979.9 KB
ID:	118276   Click image for larger version

Name:	TVS II.jpg
Views:	443
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	118277  

Click image for larger version

Name:	SALEEN.jpg
Views:	405
Size:	1.00 MB
ID:	118278   Click image for larger version

Name:	SALEEN II.jpg
Views:	396
Size:	949.8 KB
ID:	118279  

MikeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 11:34 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular
 
emery2483's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 367
you wanna trade cars? lol jk it looks awesome man!
emery2483 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 11:47 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular
 
MikeC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 85
thanks man. they also put this little gauge pod in for me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gauge pod.jpg
Views:	471
Size:	790.5 KB
ID:	118284  
MikeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 06:52 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular
 
11socal50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Ventura
Region: California
Posts: 102
that's badass! can't wait to get one next year
what size tires are you running by the way?
11socal50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 09:00 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular
 
TooSlow4U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Arizona
Posts: 505
It's a whole different monster with traction control off, trust me. If you can hook it.
TooSlow4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 09:46 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular
 
Joey8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Essex county
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 358
That setup is totally badass man. What was the final price with install and everything if you don't mind me asking. Im thinking of going the roush tvs2300 route within the next couple months. WHat kind of numbers did it put down!?
__________________
2014 Sterling Gray GT (Ordered1/24) (Built2/25) (ETA3/12) (Picked Up 3/21)l 443.9/417.8 l
l l 6 Spd l Prem Pkg l Nav l TP l LthrRecaros l AmericanRacing 1 7/8 LTs l O/R H l JLT CF CAI lVMP Tuned l BorlaS Quads w/ResDel. l GT500Valance l KoniStr.T l K-Springs l GT500 Mounts l BMR UCA&LCA l BMR Relos l BMR Panhard l SpeedDawg Knob l 5.0 LloydsMats l Redline HoodStrts l Bobs CF Oil Sep. l 15% Tint l CDC Grille l StrtScn2 ChinSpoiler l GT/CS Fogs w/4500k l RTR DeckLid l CF Engine/CoilCoversl
Joey8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:15 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Winter Haven
Region: Florida
Posts: 407
http://www.dropbox.com/s/81zdk2ltqg1...2014.34.15.jpg VMP did the install and dyno tune
chefron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:25 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Winter Haven
Region: Florida
Posts: 407
https://www.dropbox.com/sc/gtshb5poxqc53ki/1_FRMeXRcp
www.dropbox.com/sc/xmpo3kyozlgm9ec/z_wCkneDV_

Comes with 2 10" spal fans so no heat soak in traffic
chefron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:49 AM   #62
Registered Member
Regular
 
MikeC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by emery2483 View Post
you wanna trade cars? lol jk it looks awesome man!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11socal50 View Post
that's badass! can't wait to get one next year
what size tires are you running by the way?
thanks, they are 255/40 19s
MikeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:55 AM   #63
Registered Member
Regular
 
MikeC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey8 View Post
That setup is totally badass man. What was the final price with install and everything if you don't mind me asking. Im thinking of going the roush tvs2300 route within the next couple months. WHat kind of numbers did it put down!?
Ugghh, now everyone is going to tell me how I could have got a better deal from XYZ, anyways. I paid right around $7,850 for the package with tax, install and 3 dyno pulls. 2011-2014 Mustang 5.0 GT Brenspeed 650R Corvette Killer 650HP ROUSH TVS 2300 Supercharger Package
package came with:

* ROUSH R2300 TVS supercharger
* Lower and upper intake manifolds
* Fuel charging assembly
* High-flow fuel rail with 47-lb fuel injectors
* Twin 60mm throttle body
* Aluminum bifurcated throttle spacer
* Heavy duty, first sheave FEAD system
* High capacity and efficiency air-to-water intercooler system
o High Efficiency, full face intercooler low temp radiator
o Large capacity intercooler de-gas bottle
* ROUSH low restriction air induction system
* All required wiring, brackets, hoses, harnesses, and clamps
* Fuel System Upgrade
* Colder Spark Plugs
* 82mm Pulley with 90mm Idler
MikeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:58 AM   #64
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
With taxes included, I think it's a great deal.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:03 AM   #65
Registered Member
Regular
 
Joey8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Essex county
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeC View Post

Ugghh, now everyone is going to tell me how I could have got a better deal from XYZ, anyways. I paid right around $7,850 for the package with tax, install and 3 dyno pulls. 2011-2014 Mustang 5.0 GT Brenspeed 650R Corvette Killer 650HP ROUSH TVS 2300 Supercharger Package
package came with:

* ROUSH R2300 TVS supercharger
* Lower and upper intake manifolds
* Fuel charging assembly
* High-flow fuel rail with 47-lb fuel injectors
* Twin 60mm throttle body
* Aluminum bifurcated throttle spacer
* Heavy duty, first sheave FEAD system
* High capacity and efficiency air-to-water intercooler system
o High Efficiency, full face intercooler low temp radiator
o Large capacity intercooler de-gas bottle
* ROUSH low restriction air induction system
* All required wiring, brackets, hoses, harnesses, and clamps
* Fuel System Upgrade
* Colder Spark Plugs
* 82mm Pulley with 90mm Idler
That's a killer deal. Does brenspeed only have 1 location in IN or multiple. For around 8k I would take a road trip down there for the install since you only hear great things about brenspeed and their reputation in the mustang world.
__________________
2014 Sterling Gray GT (Ordered1/24) (Built2/25) (ETA3/12) (Picked Up 3/21)l 443.9/417.8 l
l l 6 Spd l Prem Pkg l Nav l TP l LthrRecaros l AmericanRacing 1 7/8 LTs l O/R H l JLT CF CAI lVMP Tuned l BorlaS Quads w/ResDel. l GT500Valance l KoniStr.T l K-Springs l GT500 Mounts l BMR UCA&LCA l BMR Relos l BMR Panhard l SpeedDawg Knob l 5.0 LloydsMats l Redline HoodStrts l Bobs CF Oil Sep. l 15% Tint l CDC Grille l StrtScn2 ChinSpoiler l GT/CS Fogs w/4500k l RTR DeckLid l CF Engine/CoilCoversl
Joey8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:10 AM   #66
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey8 View Post

That's a killer deal. Does brenspeed only have 1 location in IN or multiple. For around 8k I would take a road trip down there for the install since you only hear great things about brenspeed and their reputation in the mustang world.
I think they either opened, or are opening a Texas location.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:18 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular
 
Joey8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Essex county
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

I think they either opened, or are opening a Texas location.
Well that doesn't help that's just further. I'm in nj lol
__________________
2014 Sterling Gray GT (Ordered1/24) (Built2/25) (ETA3/12) (Picked Up 3/21)l 443.9/417.8 l
l l 6 Spd l Prem Pkg l Nav l TP l LthrRecaros l AmericanRacing 1 7/8 LTs l O/R H l JLT CF CAI lVMP Tuned l BorlaS Quads w/ResDel. l GT500Valance l KoniStr.T l K-Springs l GT500 Mounts l BMR UCA&LCA l BMR Relos l BMR Panhard l SpeedDawg Knob l 5.0 LloydsMats l Redline HoodStrts l Bobs CF Oil Sep. l 15% Tint l CDC Grille l StrtScn2 ChinSpoiler l GT/CS Fogs w/4500k l RTR DeckLid l CF Engine/CoilCoversl
Joey8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:59 AM   #68
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey8 View Post

Well that doesn't help that's just further. I'm in nj lol
Well at lest you won't have to foot a motel bill, they'll put you up for free.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:30 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular
 
MikeC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 85
I could never recommend them enough, the total experience was awesome. I have never, ever in my 33 years on this earth had better customer service. Also your wait time is minimized by looking at awesome Mustangs and F150's
MikeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:41 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular
 
Joey8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Essex county
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
Well at lest you won't have to foot a motel bill, they'll put you up for free.
Wait really, idk if youre being serious or not haha if you are serious that is awesome and a great perk they offer. That just made me want to get this done even more now.
__________________
2014 Sterling Gray GT (Ordered1/24) (Built2/25) (ETA3/12) (Picked Up 3/21)l 443.9/417.8 l
l l 6 Spd l Prem Pkg l Nav l TP l LthrRecaros l AmericanRacing 1 7/8 LTs l O/R H l JLT CF CAI lVMP Tuned l BorlaS Quads w/ResDel. l GT500Valance l KoniStr.T l K-Springs l GT500 Mounts l BMR UCA&LCA l BMR Relos l BMR Panhard l SpeedDawg Knob l 5.0 LloydsMats l Redline HoodStrts l Bobs CF Oil Sep. l 15% Tint l CDC Grille l StrtScn2 ChinSpoiler l GT/CS Fogs w/4500k l RTR DeckLid l CF Engine/CoilCoversl
Joey8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



08:10 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.